Options

[Chat] with friends.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    Tumin wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Ever since we got cats I resent being chained down

Not that I want to travel but

Ugh

Heavy is the head that must clean the box

you can pay a neighborhood kid $20 to do it and they'll do a terrible half assed job but it will be good enough

I pay a lovely woman...more than that...a day...and she plays with them a lot and is great so

But still

I cannot leave my children! They need me! (I just stress. I think I mostly resent not being 25 anymore. Oh well. Cats are good.)

just leave an unwashed shirt on the couch for them to remember you by and they'll be fine

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I love cats and they love me. My family has had more cats than most people pet in a lifetime. I used to cat sit all the time. I am only ever getting a cat if I have a partner so my bad days are never the cat's bad days.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    🪲
    credeiki wrote: »
    i always found the cat itself very easy to manage it was just the results of the cat i don't want to do again

namely the poop and hair and stepping in cold puke in the mornings

having a partner who deals with this as part of the division of labor is

i n c r e d i b l e

I get all the cats and none of the poop (except when I take the big bag of poop out to the garbage since it's my job to do the trash)

i suppose having someone else handle it would be pretty good

we're grossed out by somewhat different things (for example, I find getting my hands messy during food prep upsetting, whereas lfx detests the smell of trash) so it works out

I also do most of the laundry and organizational work (er, inasmuch as there is any, so not much) and he does all the cooking and shopping

we share the heavy burden of tending to the cats' emotional needs :<

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    i always found the cat itself very easy to manage it was just the results of the cat i don't want to do again

namely the poop and hair and stepping in cold puke in the mornings

having a partner who deals with this as part of the division of labor is

i n c r e d i b l e

I get all the cats and none of the poop (except when I take the big bag of poop out to the garbage since it's my job to do the trash)

i suppose having someone else handle it would be pretty good

we're grossed out by somewhat different things (for example, I find getting my hands messy during food prep upsetting, whereas lfx detests the smell of trash) so it works out

I also do most of the laundry and organizational work (er, inasmuch as there is any, so not much) and he does all the cooking and shopping

we share the heavy burden of tending to the cats' emotional needs :<

honestly i think the ideal partner is finding someone who is grossed out by things you don't mind doing and them not minding doing things that gross you out

it's the best system

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This conversation is making me think of my childhood cat, Oreo. He was a mustached black and white. As a kitten we called him the cookie crumb. As he got older and very fat we called him double stuf. He’d sleep next to me and very possessively clutch my hand to his torso, all four paws securing it in place.

Lived to 19, too, even as a very big chungus.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So the new show on WarhammerTV this week is called the Interrogator. Feels like a 40k Noir story about an inquisition interrogator.

wait what?

why has nobody told me about this thing?!

Its part of Warhammer+ stuff. It has some good stuff. Not sure its worth the money but I have enjoyed it. The Exodite is gorgeous. Angels of Death was really good.

Very important q: how far back do the digital white dwarf backissues go?

because if I can reread some early 90s white dwarf I am in

Looks like mid 2010 ish

There's a website for Warhammer Vault that lists everything available, albeit in a weird non sortable or filterable interface

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I encountered a new forgery identifier today

ax0tv3bzfti3.jpg

oh my

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    japan wrote: »
    So the new show on WarhammerTV this week is called the Interrogator. Feels like a 40k Noir story about an inquisition interrogator.

wait what?

why has nobody told me about this thing?!

Its part of Warhammer+ stuff. It has some good stuff. Not sure its worth the money but I have enjoyed it. The Exodite is gorgeous. Angels of Death was really good.

Very important q: how far back do the digital white dwarf backissues go?

because if I can reread some early 90s white dwarf I am in

Looks like mid 2010 ish

There's a website for Warhammer Vault that lists everything available, albeit in a weird non sortable or filterable interface

Damn

I wanna reread white dwarf 150 (US) but do not want to remove my only copy from storage

ie 151 UK. It's, well, this is the cover:
    WD151.jpg

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    🐳
    And now I present to the Cat Breeder Expo of 2022 -- The Boneless Cat.

"No one asked for this!!!"

• Options
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    🐈
    I feel like I should post a Finn after all this

kw0c4807mnw7.jpg

n8m88m8vf9av.jpg

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    🐈
    Imagine, raising a cat and not teaching it self-sufficiency.

Change your own litter box, Felix. Nobody's gonna hold your paw once you're 3.
    Is... this an Elden Ring review?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    🐈
    I will also repost Jenny's supercut of his meowing, featuring me at the end

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLbyRRu4/

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Being a grownup is overrated

Counterpoint, my wife told me it's going to be hot for her to bang a 40 year old next year. Apparently it was always a hidden desire.

(I don't know if she means me or another 40 year old though, I guess)

Counterpoint, being 40 or over does not make one a grownup

Ask me how I know

This dude went home by 7 from boardgame day and and said we shouldn't drink cocktails at 2 PM on a Saturday.

He's a grownup.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    🐍
    Man all y'alls cats are incredibly adorable

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    And then when I asked if he wanted to throw a stink bomb into principal Dimworths office he said "no way, I don't want to get in trouble with my stepdad Craig"

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    🐍
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Imagine, raising a cat and not teaching it self-sufficiency.

Change your own litter box, Felix. Nobody's gonna hold your paw once you're 3.
    Is... this an Elden Ring review?

Casul scrublord

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    🦬
    Have you folks seen this Mythforce game? It looks just like an 80's cartoon (the whole point) but still damn looks like they just straight up ripped off He-Man
    mythforce-a.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    stoners have had it too good for too long

There’s a reflexive defensiveness because since the 70’s media coverage of weed use has only just started evolving beyond “lol better get some snacks because of THE MUNCHIES omg lol” kind of sniggering language

Yes it’s hilarious that it’s illegal for me to smoke weed federally but I can go drink myself death with the government’s blessing as we spend billions of dollars harassing minorities and ruining their lives over marijuana possession the munchies are so funny

Also you can be an alcoholic but if you’re passionate about a certain type of alcohol it’s just a hobby which is all well and good

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

DROP

OUT

OF LIFE

WITH BONG

IN HAND

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    🐳
    JebusUD wrote: »
    And then when I asked if he wanted to throw a stink bomb into principal Dimworths office he said "no way, I don't want to get in trouble with my stepdad Craig"

Six, more like Seven. EL Seven. L7 Weenie.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Man all y'alls cats are incredibly adorable

kI48Ir8l.jpg?1

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    🪲

oh my god he's so vocal

Orion does some similar meows but I think not quite as much

Shevek has a totally different type of meow and he only uses them sometimes (like when he wakes up and is confused)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    🐈
    i do think having two cats so they can socialize is probably better than just one, especially if you aren't home all the time

Yes, my first adult cat I felt was very lonely when it was just us in a crappy apartment. I eventually had to move back in with my mom after I lost my job when Circuit City fell apart(could have roughed it out but felt financially sound though terrible for my mental health). My mom had her sister so that was nice for them. They both eventually got sick and died(first the sister and then my girl) and when you are out of cats ...hooo boy I was in a very dark spot. Cried anytime I wasn't in front of people.

So when I got my first non retail job and moved back out I made sure to get two cats from the shelter(I wanted a bonded pair they had but the silly kids volunteering during the week adopted them out SEPERATELY!) so I just took two of the biggest boys they had; one big black cat(Big Al at the shelter but i called him Biggs) and a Stripey guy with white paws(shelter name Spaz but I called him Spootz as a combination of spaz and boots).

Shelters always have a bunch of black cats so I knew I wanted a black cat, plus my first real pet was a black cat. I recal yesterday 21st mentioned getting a black cat and id encourage that!

Since then I bought a house and my partners work acquaintance had two cats left from a litter she wanted to go together; a brother and sister where the sister had 'water on the brain' so she kind of walks like Jack Sparrow and is permanently kitten sized but otherwise gets along.

Four cats was a bit much given the amount of poop scooping but it helped a great deal when my good friend Biggs recently passed after six months of illness. I am still very sad and tear up when I think about him being in the ground by the garden but having the other cats really blunts the pain of his passing. Calling the cats for feeding I still catch myself almost or half calling my big guy but at least the rest are here.

I guess my tl;;dr point is a) if you are inclined to adopt a black cat at all please do, they have a hard time leaving shelters and b) consider 2 to give them companionship when you're unavailable

Obligatory cat pictures in spoiler:

Nox(left) and Luna our little water baby.
    g3obo18c25wf.jpg

Spootz boots my oldest remaining boy with Luna next to him for butt cuddles.
    nih820fk6kzr.jpg

Biggs, the biggest, my big guy who I miss terribly.
    oamus0u7orzw.jpg

• Options
    🐈

oh my god he's so vocal

Shevek has a totally different type of meow and he only uses them sometimes (like when he wakes up and is confused)

He sounds like a disconcerted Marge Simpson about 60% of the time

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

unrelated to anything except this reference, my goal in life is to figure out the onomatopoeia of the marge noise

i have never seen one that was satisfactory

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    🦬
    JPants wrote: »
    Are those the same Shadowrun games that were on iOS a while back?

I bounced off the first one which was a huge surprise cause I totally dig SR. The genesis game was probably a top 2 or 3 game of my childhood. Not sure why the new one didn't grab me...

Yeah, Dead Man's Switch aka Shadowrun Returns, and Dragonfall were on IOS but there was a big IOS update at one point and after that a lot of games were no longer supported. Kind of a bummer, I enjoyed them.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

unrelated to anything except this reference, my goal in life is to figure out the onomatopoeia of the marge noise

i'm a big fan of this homer noise

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

i'm a big fan of this homer noise

hahahahaha that's uncanny

• Options
    how did we as a society collectively come to decide that for this one specific case the name of the band is pronounced Mitch Ryder and the DEE-troit Wheels

I have never heard anyone call the city anything but "dittroit" in my entire life, except there.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🦉
    My nephew got bitten at daycare and the note they sent to my in-laws is very funny.

Like you can't just say "For fuck's sake kids, eh? There was no blood so whatever." They had to be really effusively like don't worry this is all cool and your kid's doing so well etc etc and frankly it seems like a nightmare to run a daycare.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    🐈
    Have you folks seen this Mythforce game? It looks just like an 80's cartoon (the whole point) but still damn looks like they just straight up ripped off He-Man
    mythforce-a.jpg

The best part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1HtOKSSuY0

Unfortunately it's on Epic and I'm pretty firmly in the fuck Epic camp

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    🐈
    how did we as a society collectively come to decide that for this one specific case the name of the band is pronounced Mitch Ryder and the DEE-troit Wheels

I have never heard anyone call the city anything but "dittroit" in my entire life, except there.

You gotta lose your mind in Dee-troit, Rock City

• Options
    🦬
    Decided to go into town after all. New cannabis store opened today in the old chiropractors office which I think is kind of funny.

Kind of surprising that they got to open at all, since there's been some vested interests in the community* fighting any cannabis business ever since WA state legalization.

Doubly surprised because it's within a stone's throw of two churches**, but I don't know if that gets considered when it comes to these kinds of stores.

*50/50 split between evangelical churches and long-time illegal weed barons who don't want the competition

**Jehovah Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists, respectively

Anyway I probably won't go back much since I'm not in that town often but I was happy to give them some business today

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Huh Finn looks older than Loki already

Defective cat

2mi6l1y5theo.jpg

• Options
    🐍

oh my god he's so vocal

I like the two parter meows in the middle where it goes up an octave

MraaaaaAAAAAAAAw

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁
    i should get a robo cat
    yoaop9ui16fy.png

• Options
    🐍
    Seeing Fortenberrys congressional office stripped of his name (and his picture removed from the wall of previously serving congress critters) made me feel p good.

What a dick.

• Options
    mythforce-a.jpg

The best part:

dang, that song is appropriately catchy

• Options
    🦬
    Man, tiktok really does not want you to watch their content without an account huh

Or maybe it just doesn't play well with Safari

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    🐈
    mythforce-a.jpg

The best part:

dang, that song is appropriately catchy

All of those toys definitely have detachable weapons that plug into holes in ham-fists.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.