As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nemesis Distress, Defend the Bits TD & American Theft 80s out today!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    anybody checked out Cantata yet? it looks great but I wonder how much game is actually there for the early access

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Played a bit more of Prey before work. Had my first death from my first proper encounter with something bigger than the most basic enemies. Then after reloading I went back into that room more prepared and the thing just never appeared.

I've made it to what I guess is a hub area, which I assume means I've just done the tutorial, and I'm already way too paranoid. If the game keeps escalating I'm going to be in trouble.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Played a bit more of Prey before work. Had my first death from my first proper encounter with something bigger than the most basic enemies. Then after reloading I went back into that room more prepared and the thing just never appeared.

I've made it to what I guess is a hub area, which I assume means I've just done the tutorial, and I'm already way too paranoid. If the game keeps escalating I'm going to be in trouble.

Just a heads up that everyone new to the game should have - the nerf dart bow is way more useful to keep handy than the game initially makes apparent.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I went ahead and downloaded LOTR:O and made a Dwarf on Arkenstone.

I called him 'Rurriik' because natrually my normal dwarf choice of 'Rurik' was already taken.

This has the added bonus of the NPCs saying his name but sounding like they're shouting after him in an exasperated tone.

And I'm like... Yes, perfect.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    It's also possible to break Prey's combat wide open even on the hardest difficulty which flips things around so that everything else should be running the fuck away from you.

But this requires a bit of foreknowledge and a very aggressive recycler strategy where you're junking everything (including most guns and their ammo) to feed self perpetuating cycle of upgrades.

Not really recommend for a new players first time through, but very funny to do on a second or later playthrough.

Mild spoilers on that strat:
    you basically lean heavily on melee shenanigans and grab the shotgun asap. Anything that's not the shotgun, disrupter, wrench, gloo gun or nerf gun gets junked - and the latter two are pure utility for platforming or distractions. Recycler charges are also good to use. Unlock neuromod crafting asap, invest in the more materials skills, then go nuts with the human tree, especially the slow mo skill. You can butcher nightmares in seconds and it's very very funny.

This will also take all challenge out of the game but hey

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6qH5rcST3Q
    The Witch’s Garden is a relaxing, slice-of-life gardening and crafting game.
    20220516 The Witch's Garden (Casual Simulation Strategy Farming Sim 3D )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gF9SY09Nq8
    As the Queen's latest governor, build a colonial empire in Her name. Claim islands, collect their natural resources, build production chains, and turn a derelict outpost into a rebellious, bustling metropolis at the heart of a New World commercial empire!

The Queen of the Old World calls upon you! As Her Majesty's domain expands, we require a capable administrator to guide Her latest colonies to prosperity. We will provide you with ships, colonists, and other tools necessary to tame these wild, virgin lands, and turn them into a prosperous colonial enterprise, all under the Queen's watchful eye.

Naturally, the Crown will expect you to share the bounty of these new lands, pay your taxes on time, and continue expanding the boundaries of Her Majesty’s colonial possessions. Obedience may earn you rewards,but refusing to pay your dues or worse, declaring independence, will have dire consequences.

So, governor. Are you ready to colonize One More Island?
    20220516 One More Island (Exploration City Builder Colony Sim Building )

• Options
    One More Island, as far as I can tell, seems to have no native or indigenous people on its islands at all, following the footsteps of the later Anno and New World games' strategy of "well the past is problematic so lets just pretend that it didn't happen"

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Booty 8

well hello there

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    One More Island, as far as I can tell, seems to have no native or indigenous people on its islands at all, following the footsteps of the later Anno and New World games' strategy of "well the past is problematic so lets just pretend that it didn't happen"

I wonder if there's a way to do this kind of game that isn't collar-tugging, or if it's doomed by its nature. Maybe if we can get a team of Polynesian devs to make a game about settling the Pacific.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Selaco is probably going to get a demo sometime this month

https://youtu.be/FDqZq3jGaQs

this thing, somehow, through what I assume must be actual literal witchcraft, is running on the god damn Doom engine

how

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

THIS IS HUGE!!!!

Taking feedback from the community @ArkaneStudios in Update 3 for @Deathloop added over 30 #accessibility updates and additions to the game making it the BIGGEST accessibility update we've ever seen!

My thoughts: https://t.co/5hNsYFo1yf https://t.co/PII0nd4KP7

• Options
    I mean thats very nice and should be applauded

But it's strange nothing has come out about more content DLC; heck, even more cosmetic DLC

something

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the fall guys devs keep teasing a big announcement in two hours, signs point to a release date for the previously announced switch & xbox versions, with players speculating that the game might also be going free to play

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    It's also possible to break Prey's combat wide open even on the hardest difficulty which flips things around so that everything else should be running the fuck away from you.

But this requires a bit of foreknowledge and a very aggressive recycler strategy where you're junking everything (including most guns and their ammo) to feed self perpetuating cycle of upgrades.

Not really recommend for a new players first time through, but very funny to do on a second or later playthrough.

you basically lean heavily on melee shenanigans and grab the shotgun asap. Anything that's not the shotgun, disrupter, wrench, gloo gun or nerf gun gets junked - and the latter two are pure utility for platforming or distractions. Recycler charges are also good to use. Unlock neuromod crafting asap, invest in the more materials skills, then go nuts with the human tree, especially the slow mo skill. You can butcher nightmares in seconds and it's very very funny.

My experience with Prey:
    Pistol and Shotgun with all the upgrades + almost infinite slow-mo reaction speed time = I did a human-only neuromod run my first playthrough.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

My experience with Prey:
    Pistol and Shotgun with all the upgrades + almost infinite slow-mo reaction speed time = I did a human-only neuromod run my first playthrough.

Not spoilers for Prey: the shotgun is really good.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    the fall guys devs keep teasing a big announcement in two hours, signs point to a release date for the previously announced switch & xbox versions, with players speculating that the game might also be going free to play

Datamined info:
    The game is going free to play, and is launching with a new Season 1, similar to how Rocket League "rebooted" it's seasons and progression after they got bought by Epic. Theres a new paid currency, and the seasonal Fame Track (aka leveling system) is getting expanded, unsure if this will be paid now unlike what it was previously, but signs point to "probably," and it is all likely launching today

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Not to mention a teaser of a bunch of new levels.

I guess there'll be more real money costumes if it goes F2P?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

this thing, somehow, through what I assume must be actual literal witchcraft, is running on the god damn Doom engine

how

There's a slide button so it's almost a guaranteed buy.

Is there a kick button?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Saying that selaco is running on the doom engine is like saying titanfall is running on the source engine

Gzdoom is such a different beast

• Options

how

There's a slide button so it's almost a guaranteed buy.

Is there a kick button?

are there multiple kick buttons

• Options
    fair, I oversimplified

I'm just saying, there are plenty of incredible 2.5 retro shooters coming out using GZdoom

non of them look like that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    tbf even Apex is still running on the Titanfall 2 variant of Source and that does have funky implications for the game, especially how it handles movement mechanics and audio processing

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I mean thats very nice and should be applauded

But it's strange nothing has come out about more content DLC; heck, even more cosmetic DLC

something

$5 says that its being saved for a super deluxe edition that will ship in time for the Playstation exclusivity to run out, so it can also launch day one on gamepass. We'll probably hear about it at not-E3.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options

I wonder if there's a way to do this kind of game that isn't collar-tugging, or if it's doomed by its nature. Maybe if we can get a team of Polynesian devs to make a game about settling the Pacific.

Something I've been thinking of a lot in the last few years are games that are specifically about de-colonization.

You have some that are about the violent overthrow of oppressors, like Space Asshole and AssCreed 3, and those are fun power fantasies to an extent.

But I'm really more interested in the process that comes after that, where a society is trying to dismantle the old power structures and figure out what fills those gaps as class order shifts.

Disco Elysium has quite a bit of that, but I guess it's more in the post-post revolutionary period. Can't think of many other games that are are set in those kinds of scenarios.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The Fall Guys announcement leaked in Fortnite somehow.

I guess Fortnite plays videos? And it apparently just played the Fall Guys announcement early.

I don't know a lot about Fortnite. Or Fall Guys, for that matter.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    They're both owned by epic

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    If you're like me and haven't looked at any leaks, the Fall Guys announcement is happening in less than 10 minutes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNjK3oQ5U4

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

The Fall Guys dev is owned by Epic, but the game is published by Devolver. Kind of a different situation, I wonder if Devolver is going to sell the IP to Epic or something? (I don't know who owns the IP, maybe it's a dumb question).

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options

VGC sources: Konami is planning 3 Silent Hill titles

- Silent Hill 2 Remake developed by Bloober Team
    - smaller Silent Hill title by Annapurna Interactive (episodic short stories)
    - new mainline Silent Hill game

i do like the idea of someone calling in BLOOBER TEAM

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Let's hope the new game is comparable to Metal Gear Survive and Contra Rogue Corps.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I wonder what the new voices will be like in Silent Hill 2, because they're probably not going to use most of the original cast.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    If you're like me and haven't looked at any leaks, the Fall Guys announcement is happening in less than 10 minutes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNjK3oQ5U4

For those of us who don't want to spend 26 minutes watching that:

https://youtu.be/pLn2ViEn8Bk

Fall Guys is finally coming to Switch, Xbox, and EGS June 21st, and will be free-to-play as well, with full crossplay and cross-progression between all platforms (Switch, Xbox, PC, PlayStation). Existing players before June 21st get the Legacy Pack for free, which includes 3 new costumes, a nameplate, and the first premium Season Pass. There will be free and paid season passes coming now, but all new events and playable stuff will be free for everyone. Theyre calling this update the biggest gameplay update ever and showed off a bunch of new levels Also, a Mothra costume is coming, which is very good.

• Options
    Fall Guys is also coming off of Steam, but people who have purchased it there (like me) can continue to use it from Steam, as far as I understand it?

• Options
    Ah, they didn't say that in the video.
    If so, that's exactly how Rocket League does it, which makes sense considering Epic owns both.

• Options

The Fall Guys dev is owned by Epic, but the game is published by Devolver. Kind of a different situation, I wonder if Devolver is going to sell the IP to Epic or something? (I don't know who owns the IP, maybe it's a dumb question).

the sale included the fall guys IP, epic got the whole thing
    Fall Guys is also coming off of Steam, but people who have purchased it there (like me) can continue to use it from Steam, as far as I understand it?

yes but you'll still need to sign up for an epic account, and link your steam copy to it, to play- and you'll presumably need to do so before the f2p relaunch to get any legacy rewards

• Options
    also revealed today is that a fortnite style level editor is being worked on, but it's still a ways away from release

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hey bloober team is not a 10/10 studio but they get work done

l9t3uxvmgz7x.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Yep, according to https://www.fallguys.com/en-US/news/fall-guys-is-going-free-on-june-21-launching-on-playstation-nintendo-switch-xbox-and-the-epic-games-store
    Whether you’re on PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, the Epic Games Store or a mix of all of the above, you’ll be able to play Fall Guys for free —with cross-play, cross-platform parties and cross-progression fully supported with the use of your Epic Games Account.

PlayStation™ and Steam™ players who already have a copy of Fall Guys will continue to receive all the usual updates (such as new seasons, patches and fresh features) that you’d expect.However, new players will no longer be able to download Fall Guys on Steam—if you’re new to Fall Guys and would like to play on PC, you can visit the Epic Games Store™ and download the launcher there. Wherever you choose to play Fall Guys (including Steam), you’ll be able to launch and stumble towards victory across platforms.

• Options
    hey bloober team is not a 10/10 studio but they get work done

l9t3uxvmgz7x.png

I've heard extremely bad things about all of their recent output, the work they get done is the issue.

This discussion has been closed.