Options

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What is something you experienced once, enjoyed immensely, and never experienced a second time by choice?

I watched Children of Men in movie theaters, loved it, bought it on DVD and never watched it a second time. Not because I don't have time or I don't have a desire to see it again but I don't want to, y'know, digest it again.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What is something you experienced once, enjoyed immensely, and never experienced a second time by choice?

I watched Children of Men in movie theaters, loved it, bought it on DVD and never watched it a second time. Not because I don't have time or I don't have a desire to see it again but I don't want to, y'know, digest it again.

A bunch of movies but The Wrestler is the thing that always pops to mind when it comes to "Saw it, glad I watched it, never want to watch it again."

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Also sometimes I get a hankering to check out my old MUD, Realms of Despair, and see if it's still going, how it's changed, etc.

Damn that game was a blast, bother before and after the.....Shattering i think it was? Some world overhaul. I credit that game for my (former) skill at quickly, accurately typing. Trying to slam commands as fast as you could while the text scrolled by at way to fucking fast.... god that was fun. I miss my Vampire..... omg I can't recall his name! DAMN YOU BRAIN

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

I did exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    And I don’t want to grind bear ass

: (

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I just love how your co-workers will just leave you just twisting in the wind for days on end. It is almost as if my email has been sucked into a black hole.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    my cat will get so fat. I gave her extra food tonight cuz she be yellin

Tomorrow i'll split her food in two meals.

we had a much smarter plan with our cat, save all that tedious labour by just having his food out all the time

the cat outplayed us of course so now he complains at us until we get up, walk with him to his overflowing food bowl and confirm that it does, indeed, contain pellets, before he'll eat

call the cat's bluff, see how long he'll go hungry for if you refuse to check.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the korean film the chaser (2008) was good but it also is the only movie i've seen that made me feel sick to my stomach and so upset i needed to pause it and take a break

there's also a bunch of feel bad films that i'd have to be in the right mood to rewatch

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

OMG Emmes I keep a list of shit like that.

- Requiem for a Dream
    - Trainspotting
    - You're getting the theme there, same goes for most Kubrick stuff
    - LotR
    - Hard Candy
    - Children of Men
    - The Road
    - Any movie where the killer gets away at the end laughing like the joker and spitting in the face of the moviegoer. I avoid these, but there's a lot of examples and I don't want to spoil them

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    There are time traps I don't want to revisit. I will play a classic Bioware RPG twice, once as a good guy and once as a bad guy, but I can't play JRPGs twice. Tales of Vesperia was very well made - the bee's knees - but I'm not going through all that XP grinding again for an unchanging story.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I wish I could play RE7 again, it was pretty great

• Options
    edited May 2022
    AH youve only watched LotR once?

It's my "Im dying of the itis" series

Tumin on
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    I wish I could play RE7 again, it was pretty great

Come to think of it, I've only played Alien Isolation once. It was terrific but I haven't revisited Sevestapol Station since. Am I secretly a big chicken?

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    most linear video games I never play again, despite enjoying, like the recent God Dad of War

also I never play new game+ modes

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    New game plus deez nutz

• Options
    I went fishing once with a borrowed pole. Little family trip to a catfish pond. I liked it and I could fish any time but I never fished again.

• Options
    your mom lmao

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    your mom lmao

GOTTEM

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I find most single player games to be terminally boring these days.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    i enjoyed a slice of deep fried cheesecake once before, but I would never order it again because its deep fried cheesecake

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Nightcrawler is on my list of good and not watch again

• Options

a471giyom3pl.png

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Remember that time he got Wolverine to pray to God?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

a471giyom3pl.png

"Yikes, i know Nightcrawler's cool but i can't believe it because he's so fucking ugly."

• Options
    Remember that time he got Wolverine to pray to God?

4vh0PXk.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    If any of you have accidentally seen my penis, you owe me $250,000

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Just accidentally?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Just accidentally?

If it's intentional you owe even more.

Pappa bear gets paid

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sorry but I only view penises arbitrarily

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sorry but I only view penises ambidextrously

• Options
    ive watched a lot of polar bear nature videos but havent seen a polar bear penis yet

maybe im watching the wrong nature videos

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    If they’re old enough to enjoy a MUD they’re probably retired

boom gottem

god i wish

i played MUDs because i was young and poor and my PC was weak

• Options
    ive watched a lot of polar bear nature videos but havent seen a polar bear penis yet

Maybe it's too cold out for the males.

a2bba4b138524dd151f8ee8f77eed33f.png

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_FtPGyMPlU

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Too grim and depressing to go back to a second time? I don’t understand

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    if i wanted to see something grim and depressing i would watch the news

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

A bunch of movies but The Wrestler is the thing that always pops to mind when it comes to "Saw it, glad I watched it, never want to watch it again."

Audition.

Introduced me to how absolutely fucked up J Horror is (and watching films that aren’t American at all, really) but I don’t think I could watch it again.

• Options
    pretty much all the MCU stuff, the films and Disney+ series, I've enjoyed but I never rewatch except on occasion certain scenes. I also usually do the same with comic books, rarely if ever reread them more than once. I should probably stop collecting comics

*goes out to buy more comic books*

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    elon musk posted his elden ring stat sheet and it's very funny because it's a full on Kevin build

fat rolling with the radahn set and burger king helmet, two different uninfused medium shields, and the moonveil

he's a gamer

This discussion has been closed.