Options

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I only have one shield and I don’t often equip it give me praise for being better than Elo

Um excuse me

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Next tattoo appointment scheduled

Whatcha getting

• Options
    Ooh Bugsnax is on game pass

Guess I’m playin bugsnax

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Operation Ice Steed
    With the Chosen Hunter preparing to strike the Avenger, we've elected to stop dawdling and strike the Hunter first. Zen, @Nova_C, cooljammer00, @Lucedes, and @jungleroomx were deployed to breach the Hunter's stronghold, find him, shoot him until he dies, and shoot him until he stops coming back to life. Joining them was a new member of XCOM, Lux. They're a captain recently sent from the Skirmishers, and given the Hunter's weakness to Skirmisher tactics I figured it'd be smart to bring two of them.

The squad breached through the roof of a storage room, and engaged an adjacent interrogation room's Advent pod of a mec, stunlancer, shieldbearer, and priest. Our awkward fighting position from right off the prevented us from killing the whole pod, with the priest surviving, but we shut the door on the priest and given the choice of breaching against us or running away, the priest chose the latter. From there, the squad rereadied and began their advance slow and lame into the base. Entering a bay of empty holding cells, we scouted a pair of autoturrets and a pack of chryssalids skittering in the distance. Fudging line of sight a bit, we were able to take the turrets on one at a time and pop them without incident. Just in time, too, the chryssalids then barged in and ate a volley of overwatch fire. With no other threats, the pack was cut down quickly. From there was an empty control room, and from there the teleporter pad to the Hunter's sanctum. The priest from before was holding the line with a pair of chryssalids, but these too fell easily.

The squad took the teleporter, and entered the Hunter's sanctum. Unmissably, a giant floating obelisk was floating at the far end of the chamber. We've taken to calling it the Hunter's sarcophagus, and Tygan surmised it was likely the means by which the Hunter revived himself time and again. Our objective was thus to destroy it, though an energy barrier rendered it immune to the squad's weaponry. More immediately, there was a mec and a purifier in the room with us, but the squad killed them easily.

The squad moved into range of the sarcophagus, and the Hunter teleported in to defend his Sanctum. The squad made short work of him, and his sarcophagus began remaking him. Its barrier dropped while doing so, allowing the squad's weapons to damage it, but before we could do much of that more alien reinforcements teleported in to repel us. The first pair, a mec and chryssalid, were not too difficult to kill. But the following berserker and andromedon soaked up a great deal of fire before going down. This left us little time to damage the sarcophagus, as it had already finished reviving the Hunter and gotten its barrier back up. The squad killed him again, the barrier went down again, and reinforcements teleported in again. This one was a pair of andromedons, making our firepower feel seriously lacking, but the squad managed to not be overwhelmed. The lighter following wave of a chryssalid and archon allowed the squad to regain control, and get a few more chunks out of the sarcophagus. When it revived the Hunter once more, the squad took him out fast enough that they were then able to turn and burst down the rest of the sarcophagus. As it broke down, it spat out the Hunter one last time, only partially healed, still bearing most of the wounds from his death seconds ago. Lux easily cornered and killed him one final time.

p9Huuoml.jpg

Lucedes was promoted to major for this operation, and her bond with cooljammer00 has strengthened.

Zen killed a shieldbearer, a mec, an autoturret, two chryssalids, a purifier, a berserker, and an andromedon.
    Lucedes killed a stunlancer and an andromedon.
    Lux killed an autoturret, a mec, and a chryssalid.
    Nova_C killed a chryssalid, a priest, the Hunter twice, and destroyed the sarcophagus.
    cooljammer00 killed two chryssalids.
    Lux killed two chryssalids, a mec, an andromedon, and the Hunter but for real.
    jungleroomx killed an archon and the hunter.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Next tattoo appointment scheduled

Whatcha getting

An octopus on my calf

Might throw an old school diving bell helmet over it

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Operation Ice Tea'd

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I got Redvia really earyl by total accident

apparently its really good?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I got Redvia really earyl by total accident

apparently its really good?

I’m at the final boss and still using it on 2nd run

Also the great knife

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I've seen children of men and bits of it a lot of times

it has such fantastic scenes

the bombing is just so incredibly well done

the... car door thing is both super satisfying in itself and that whole scene is just so fucking great

the cease fire scene if one wants to cry a bit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    05:20 and super bright because the sun went up almost an hour ago

I like norwegian summer nights a lot

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    And I don’t want to grind bear ass

: (

https://youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Hello respected equals and exes

• Options
    640px-Twilight-dawn_subcategories.svg.png

as just a fun fact, these are the definitions of the different kinds of twilight

and by this we haven't had night since april

one gets very bored with looking up at the sky and seeing it just be black. I much prefer when it changes as much over the course of an evening on the town as it does come spring.

I also get bored with looking up at the sky and seeing it just be blue, but western norway also provides there since usually, it's not

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

the... car door thing is both super satisfying in itself and that whole scene is just so fucking great

The cinematography in that movie is good, but I utterly hated what it did to the story from the book.

• Options

The cinematography in that movie is good, but I utterly hated what it did to the story from the book.

good argument that it was a mistake to read that book before you saw it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mehhhh I’m Elden ring I’m not as good as bloodlines mehhhh I’m Elden ring

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Hello respected equals and exes

Aaawwlllll mayh exss live in texasss

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    VtM: Ugly Duckling Nosferatu get

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Shiv n. can mean any knife, it comes from British street slang and is possibly Romani in origin.

A shank n. is specifically a knife (or stabbing weapon...not necessarily with a blade) made of improvised materials in prison or jail.

The verb is effectively the same when referring to either, and AFAIK refers exclusively to prison stabbings or cuttings.

You wouldn't say you'd shivved or shanked someone on the street, for instance.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    in norwegian news, the cat Pingan is stuck in a tree

9aa3b17c-7da2-4898-95e1-370f40d13025?fit=crop&format=auto&h=683&w=1024&s=b769ee8bd5d3d44acb8f93d0bbfb49e5c2162035

the fire brigade had to give up, because they couldn't get their lift high enough, as it is a very tall tree on steep ground

668928b7-53d2-412b-98af-7f556ddf157c?fit=crop&format=auto&h=683&w=1024&s=5bccda0ae4a96ab8fbcb9ea6f18d7b86e25b0aa6

calling for the cat doesn't work, because the cat is stone deaf, and gesturing to it, which is how they usually communicate, isn't working very well either, because he has pretty poor vision.

A climber volunteered to go up, but couldn't manage to get Pingan into the cage.

This is the current news drama in norwegian news.

UPDATE:

the firemen did not give up, they came back again late last night and spent over an hour getting the fire engine into the right position, and managed to finally pluck Pingan down, who once inside immediately ran to the food bowl.

51a61a3b-db09-40d9-97f7-8503f04ba352?fit=crop&format=auto&h=768&w=1024&s=b44413b23534a724ba7e5bf094be64ddad3ac378

The family reports that aside from a smell of pine sap, the cat seems none the worse for wear.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Pingan is a good cat

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Omg pingan thank god

I had a lot riding on that cat’s well-being

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    That is the face of a cat, who after a nap and some food, will probably try to climb the tree again.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

The story in the movie frankly isn't very good.

• Options
    edited May 2022

The story in the movie frankly isn't very good.

I strongly disagree

edit: I feel your complaint might be a lot about how there isn't all that much story, while my praise will be for the same reason

I don't have the energy in me to do a big-ass post about it, with some regret because like, discussing the children of men story does sound like a nice time

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The volunteer from bergen climbing club who climbed the tree, by the way, did reach the top, but Pingan fought him off so fiercely he had to give up any hope of getting him into the cage

just had to add that

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Pingan is a brave boy

• Options
    brb blocking all my Facebook friends who didn’t give a heart point to Simon for his cute face pic

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    per a recent conversation in the SE++ Steam thread about good tactics games, I'm back on Gears Tactics, which I had tried out at release on GamePass, liked the first few missions of, but got distracted by something else and hadn't come back to.

As a tactics game, it's rock solid and just feels really nice to play. I love the immediacy of the overwatch effect; for those who haven't played, instead of doing lots of "a target moves slowly, then the overwatcher takes a shot, then another target moves slowly", overwatch in this game triggers a brief moment where the game plays out as if it was real time, so the whole horde of little alien goons will snarl and charge all at once and your guys will go BBBRRRAAP BBBRRRRAAAP and little muzzle flashes and gouts of blood and puffs of dirt will be everywhere. It's really cool-feeling and visually rewarding.

As a narrative, I appreciate that instead of the writers trying to outsmart themselves, they're content to just Do The Thing. It's dorky 2000s he-man adventure time the way you remember it; we begin the literal first cutscene with one guy looking at a picture of his wife and kids and another guy yelling down the phone I TOLD THE GENERAL I WAS DONE WITH THAT LIFE! NEVER AGAIN!

It's stupid in a way that, right now, I find pleasing. Every time your guys miss a shot they're like "GODDAMN SHITTING FUCKBALLS! AAAGH!" When the aliens dig up from underground in the tutorial your dude is like "WE GOTTA CLOSE THAT EMERGENCE HOLE!" and the grizzled sergeant goes "KID THIS AIN'T MY FIRST E-HOLE RODEO!" and I'm over here giggling.

Also you can run up on downed aliens and do an execute move for powerups and a glory kill, and usually it's just like, chainsawing them or whatever, but I had my grizzled sergeant (whose gun is an older model, sans chainsaw! Characterization!) do one and he ran up and just started whaling on the alien with his fists, and then the alien's arms and legs fell off. GOTY

• Options
    a south american history lesson

https://youtu.be/6TBI7Rrk8F0

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Is this is real this is hillarious
    Met a girl on Tinder and we hit it off after speaking for 3 weeks or so. Went on a few dates and I really liked her. Think it was the 3rd date, I spent the night at hers and we had sex for the first time. It had been 3 or 4 month since I last had sex, and I really fancied this girl, so naturally I finished in about .3 of a second. Pretty embarrassing. I stayed the night but ended up waking up early, like 6 or 7am and looked over and saw her wide awake, with that look of ‘what have I done’ on her face. It felt really awkward so I just said ‘Do you want me to leave?’…’yes, please’ she said, instantly. I awkwardly got dressed, said goodbye and drove home, miserable, thinking I’d blown it. She phoned me later that day wondering when we were seeing each other next. Turns out she had been desperate for a shit and was scared to go with me there, so made me leave at 6am. We’ve been together 3 and half years now, engaged, and planning on getting married soon.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    so i was irresponsible and spent MORE time in Super Mystery Dungeon

and i've just got through the game dumping ALL the recruit convos on me all at once

there was legitimately nearly a hundred mons that had the red circle with the exclamation point

it was EXHAUSTING

at least now i get to play with all the starters that i didn't choose at the start

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    per a recent conversation in the SE++ Steam thread about good tactics games, I'm back on Gears Tactics, which I had tried out at release on GamePass, liked the first few missions of, but got distracted by something else and hadn't come back to.

As a tactics game, it's rock solid and just feels really nice to play. I love the immediacy of the overwatch effect; for those who haven't played, instead of doing lots of "a target moves slowly, then the overwatcher takes a shot, then another target moves slowly", overwatch in this game triggers a brief moment where the game plays out as if it was real time, so the whole horde of little alien goons will snarl and charge all at once and your guys will go BBBRRRAAP BBBRRRRAAAP and little muzzle flashes and gouts of blood and puffs of dirt will be everywhere. It's really cool-feeling and visually rewarding.

As a narrative, I appreciate that instead of the writers trying to outsmart themselves, they're content to just Do The Thing. It's dorky 2000s he-man adventure time the way you remember it; we begin the literal first cutscene with one guy looking at a picture of his wife and kids and another guy yelling down the phone I TOLD THE GENERAL I WAS DONE WITH THAT LIFE! NEVER AGAIN!

It's stupid in a way that, right now, I find pleasing. Every time your guys miss a shot they're like "GODDAMN SHITTING FUCKBALLS! AAAGH!" When the aliens dig up from underground in the tutorial your dude is like "WE GOTTA CLOSE THAT EMERGENCE HOLE!" and the grizzled sergeant goes "KID THIS AIN'T MY FIRST E-HOLE RODEO!" and I'm over here giggling.

Also you can run up on downed aliens and do an execute move for powerups and a glory kill, and usually it's just like, chainsawing them or whatever, but I had my grizzled sergeant (whose gun is an older model, sans chainsaw! Characterization!) do one and he ran up and just started whaling on the alien with his fists, and then the alien's arms and legs fell off. GOTY

The executions are based on whatever you have equipped, so chainsaw or bayonet or pistol whip or shotgun club or grenade choke (that one seems fraught)

The execution chains and the, like, gore-strewn meat puzzle of the tactical map is absolutely superb. It's phenomenal. Chaos Gate should have worked harder to rip it off.

The only major problem with the game tbh is that the campaign structure and mechanics aren't good, especially the way your grunts are barely useful and the gear churn is annoying, but the bulk of it is slamming your huge thumb men into packs of meaty villains until they explode, but doing so cleverly, so it still works

• Options
    This aint my first G Choke rodeo, kid

• Options
    Also Jacob they aren't aliens, god, it's like you haven't even played the core narrative beats of the franchise

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jesus
    AITA for calling my friend the N-Word after they were Sexist?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jesus
    AITA for calling my friend the N-Word after they were Sexist?

Kitty Pride no

• Options
    Also Jacob they aren't aliens, god, it's like you haven't even played the core narrative beats of the franchise

they're bug men! if they're not aliens, are they robots?? or cunningly disguised zombies? surely they're not nazis.

those are the only four possibilities

This discussion has been closed.