Options

Guffawedcast Thread [Podcast Thread]

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    In their behind the scenes podcasts whenever the question of "Did you let the players know such and such before hand?" The answer is always a "No. We've all worked together for years and they just roll with it."

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Yeah, not only are they all improvisers with tons of shared history, they also all work in storytelling fields. Chris Hastings writes comics, Branson writes comics and TV, Ali edits novels, Carly works in animation, Joe does his own DMing, Tim does a lot of theater stuff. They're all just deeply savvy storytellers who happen to like making dick jokes

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Yeah, not only are they all improvisers with tons of shared history, they also all work in storytelling fields. Chris Hastings writes comics, Branson writes comics and TV, Ali edits novels, Carly works in animation, Joe does his own DMing, Tim does a lot of theater stuff. They're all just deeply savvy storytellers who happen to like making dick jokes

Which one would you say is cool but rude?

• Options
    Chall wrote: »

Which one would you say is cool but rude?

Truman Capote

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    It is my strictest beliefs of storytelling that knowing how to make something look like it was planned all along is far more important than planning it all along.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mountaintop was a masterclass on that one

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am impressed by how this chaotic, frequently puerile, absurd comedy show manages to be genuinely quite epic at times. I credit the sound design for a lot of that.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    There was a bit in high school where I decided that Truman Capote was my idol and

that was a dark time.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Blank Check is covering Satoshi Kon next starting with Perfect Blue on May 5, with Paranoia agent on the patreon.

Gonna be a good one folks.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hey podcast thread I may jave asked before but is there a good free app for streaming podcasts on android? Podkicker is getting really aggressive with their ad shit and I need to switch

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Pocket Casts is my personal app of choice

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    pocketcasts is what i use

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Podcast Republic for me

• Options
    I have a neighborhood urchin read me transcripts

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

what's the going urchin rate these days

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Hey podcast thread I may jave asked before but is there a good free app for streaming podcasts on android? Podkicker is getting really aggressive with their ad shit and I need to switch

Honestly I've just been using the free Podcast Addict for years now and it's worked just fine?

(Mind you, I don't know what the support looks like for non-free podcasts.)

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Depends. You looking for something top of the line, or just a C urchin?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Yeah I really oughta switch away from Podkicker, I've been meaning to for like a year or three now but inertia happens to the best of us

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »

Honestly I've just been using the free Podcast Addict for years now and it's worked just fine?

(Mind you, I don't know what the support looks like for non-free podcasts.)

I use podcast addict too, and I at least patreon and max fun exclusive streams are very easy to setup, you just copy and paste their RSS into the app and it works fine

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hmm ok. Ill give these a try .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Anyone have suggestions for a podcast about Hindu gods and myths?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    joke answer: hollywood handbook

real answer: bigsofttitty.png

• Options
    According to the latest Rude Tales behind-the-scenes chat, they've already recorded the campaign finale of Weird Times at Piss Harbor. I thought they could've run this format for years, I'm kind of surprised they'll be moving on so soon.

• Options
    There's only so long you can stretch out the tension between Moose and Neil.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    According to the latest Rude Tales behind-the-scenes chat, they've already recorded the campaign finale of Weird Times at Piss Harbor. I thought they could've run this format for years, I'm kind of surprised they'll be moving on so soon.

The weekly loose format is fun but it also tends to wear thin pretty fast if you don't do anything with it. Hello From the Magic Tavern was very fun until it wasn't.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Depends. You looking for something top of the line, or just a C urchin?

When I was a little kid my Dad took my brother and cousins along to the DMV on an errand. We were young enough that sitting still wasn't really a consideration. But we didn't have anything to play with, except a penny. My cousin told my brother and I to put our hands over our eyes and count to thirty. We did, and my cousin tasked us with finding it.

So we broke off and started, as unsupervised children do, and got into the back area where there were people sitting in offices. We kept walking, keeping our eyes peeled for the penny, until we came to the final office. Apparently my cousin snuck in there when the guy was in the bathroom and he was now on an important call.

I know the call was important because what he said next made no sense otherwise.

"Sir, sorry. Just, out in the hallway there are..." he couldn't be blanking on the word children, is he? It's an easy thing to remember.

"A bunch of city urchins." and he closed the door, not breaking eye contact with all three of us at the same time, like some sort of panopticon made flesh.

So, city urchin is also on the table.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Seems redundant. Surely cities are the natural habitat of the urchin?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I believe in rural areas they are typically outcompeted by the native hayseeds and ragamuffins, though a transitional band of tatterdemalions may exist in exurban outskirts.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I believe in rural areas they are typically outcompeted by the native hayseeds and ragamuffins, though a transitional band of tatterdemalions may exist in exurban outskirts.

Would have also taken "miscreant" but yeah, as a suburban kid being called a city urchin was so Dickensian.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This LifeLock ad just claimed that 15 million us citizens are victims of identity theft each year and I'm not sure where they're getting that data from but it sounds far fetched . That would mean that everyone would have had their identity stolen within *mind palace dot gif* twenty or so years?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If you assume it's all evenly distributed, sure. And honestly if we're just talking stuff like having your credit card stolen as being identity theft, that doesn't even feel that unreasonable. But also, there's people out there getting their identities stolen multiple times in a year. That skews things quite a bit.

• Options
    And there's some people out there just giving it away, like the guy who emailed me his passport scan

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i mean with the experian and target leaks who’s data isn’t stolen at this point

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    And there's some people out there just giving it away, like the guy who emailed me his passport scan

We're going to need a printer a laminator and an exacto knife

• Options
    proxy_hueproxy_hue Registered User regular
    don't forget the recent healthcare data breach at Change Healthcare, the place that processes about 50% of health claims in the US. They've only said that it constitutes "a substantial portion" of their customers, which could be as many as ~130 million, so... yeah idk, 15 million per year is believable.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    If you assume it's all evenly distributed, sure. And honestly if we're just talking stuff like having your credit card stolen as being identity theft, that doesn't even feel that unreasonable. But also, there's people out there getting their identities stolen multiple times in a year. That skews things quite a bit.

Yeah fair point

I guess it's just the delivery of the ad. It's a real hard pitch. And they are motivated to scare people since that's what they're selling. I'm just inherently distrustful of ads.

• Options
    edited April 26
    Rudes Tales 'Goblin Mode'
    Stir Fry being the only person in this conversation who doesn't speak Bird is one of my favourite things in this show

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited April 26
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i mean with the experian and target leaks who’s data isn’t stolen at this point

With the United / Change Healthcare leak, probably half the country just had their personal data stolen in the last month
    vkqn1gmba438.png

Chall on
  • Options
    That's depressing

I bet googling symptoms is a great source of data for advertising people too it just occurred to me

Man this country sucks

• Options
    UHC needs to be dismantled over this, the whole thing is an insane debacle