[Diablo] - please go to the new thread

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    What's the benefit of joining a clan?

I'm on a console so typing is a pain in the ass, unless I use the Blizzard app.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »

Currently, grouping up opportunities, at least with a large enough pool to draw from.

They've said that they plan to add more things for clans, but I don't think they've given even a tentative time line for that, or what it'd entail. Achievements, titles, maybe some cosmetics all seem like obvious things to include, but obviously it'd be a line to walk to avoid pissing off the 'omg I want to 100% solo I don't want to be in a clan why is Blizzard forcing this on me?!?!' kinda folks.

No insult intended to those who feel that way here, I'm more mocking the overwrought style of posting some on the D4 highsodium reddit adhere to.

Though given the last page or so, I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't accidentally becoming a random chat thread for folks who no longer play the game.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »

Currently, grouping up opportunities, at least with a large enough pool to draw from.

They've said that they plan to add more things for clans, but I don't think they've given even a tentative time line for that, or what it'd entail. Achievements, titles, maybe some cosmetics all seem like obvious things to include, but obviously it'd be a line to walk to avoid pissing off the 'omg I want to 100% solo I don't want to be in a clan why is Blizzard forcing this on me?!?!' kinda folks.

No insult intended to those who feel that way here, I'm more mocking the overwrought style of posting some on the D4 highsodium reddit adhere to.

Though given the last page or so, I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't accidentally becoming a random chat thread for folks who no longer play the game.

Hey I pop in here from time to time because I love Diablo as a franchise. Easily my top 3 of all time.

edited October 2023
    And I’m glad folks do!

It’s just funny/odd to have the Diablo thread having a bunch of posts almost back to back from folks explicitly not playing Diablo.

Though at least it’s better than some other circles of the interwebs. They are… aggressively not playing Diablo.

Hopefully future seasons continue to improve in ways that actually bring folks back to the game.

Forar on
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Yeah believe whatever you want, but I actually did reinstall last night because I was/am considering playing.

I continue to be kind of amazed at the level of passive aggressiveness and outright vitriol directed at criticisms of the game being present in this thread.

Like even incredibly minor complaints get blown up and face a wall of pushback. It feels like the instant a criticism is offered, you immediately become "some random redditor" and somehow embody every hyperbolic criticism that people have ever seen anyone post about the game.

It's okay to criticize games, even ones you enjoy! No one is using this as a random chat thread -- all of my posts and the posts by other people who aren't actively playing are related to diablo. Which is what this thread is for!

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
    Guys, it was meant as a light hearted aside. I apologize if I ruffed any feathers, but I think it’s also a bit much to declare this some kind of critique free zone.

I think I’ve given a wide array of suggestions regarding things I’d like to see them improve over time.

Thankfully S2 seems to have trended in the right direction, at least based on my preferences.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the season. My sorc is almost to the place my rogue stopped as far as leveling. There's a lot of different ways to level/gear up and multiple optional bosses. For those of us who pay for the meat season pass stuff I already capped the paid portion and I'm now working on my vampire title.

Its been really fun.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Guys, it was meant as a light hearted aside. I apologize if I ruffed any feathers, but I think it’s also a bit much to declare this some kind of critique free zone.

I think I’ve given a wide array of suggestions regarding things I’d like to see them improve over time.

Thankfully S2 seems to have trended in the right direction, at least based on my preferences.

Yeah sorry, I was making a general point and it definitely wasn't just your posts. It's a recurring pattern that keeps popping up, but I didn't mean to target you specifically as you weren't particular inflammatory in your remarks.

steam_sig.png
    Fiatil wrote: »

Yeah sorry, I was making a general point and it definitely wasn't just your posts. It's a recurring pattern that keeps popping up, but I didn't mean to target you specifically as you weren't particular inflammatory in your remarks.

I appreciate that, and I really shouldn’t let a few comments feel like a trend.

At least we can agree S2 feels like the right direction, and as someone who took some year or two+ breaks from D3, there’s always room to come back and dabble when the opportunity presents itself.

A small thing I like about s2 is how the change to resistances makes more affixes valuable, and even better, that rings are more than just “all skulls, all the time”. Checking my resists during an upgrade streak and finding out that it’s time to swap a ruby and an emerald out for a topaz and an amethyst isn’t pulse pounding action, granted, but it does feel like I’m tweaking my gear tangibly, rather than simply having one ultimate choice unless there some fringe aspect to my build that dictates otherwise.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

At least we can agree S2 feels like the right direction, and as someone who took some year or two+ breaks from D3, there’s always room to come back and dabble when the opportunity presents itself.

A small thing I like about s2 is how the change to resistances makes more affixes valuable, and even better, that rings are more than just “all skulls, all the time”. Checking my resists during an upgrade streak and finding out that it’s time to swap a ruby and an emerald out for a topaz and an amethyst isn’t pulse pounding action, granted, but it does feel like I’m tweaking my gear tangibly, rather than simply having one ultimate choice unless there some fringe aspect to my build that dictates otherwise.

Unless if your Sorc. Then it's just resist city all the time baby! :smiley:

Unless if your Sorc. Then it's just resist city all the time baby! :smiley:

Yeah as a sorc resists are something for those other lesser classes that don't lightning pimp slap their way to victory.

Its fun doing world bosses and seeing group wipes, but not me, not today.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I guess the armor/resist changes imply the value of +armor paragon nodes has dropped dramatically from what they were before.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Hey, could you guys check with the stablemaster to confirm whether you got your horse cosmetics from Chapters 3 & 5 of the season journey rewards?

Apparently, despite the rewards having a green checkmark in the season journey page, they aren't showing up at the stablemaster for almost anyone, including myself. I'm trying to figure out if this is something they broke in a patch or something that's entirely universal.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Mine werent there before the patch im pretty sure Ivan. I think its been a known issue since the start.

I mean I have invincible I don't need some free to play mount like a pleb.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Why would you pay for a mount you can't even see?

Kamar talk to your eye doctor

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Why would you pay for a mount you can't even see?

It came with horse armor and trophies too (I didn’t buy one)

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    You get broken shadowmourne or the lich kings helm. And the horse has special effects when its riding around.

There's also a special emote that calls other players poor.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    The real reason they buffed mount speed was so that people would ride them more and be more incentivized to pay for them.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's not that the game is without fault it's that most of the criticism of it is brought up in a way that's extremely tiresome; "world content is boring and sucks and you can't convince me to play this season", in a thread full of other people who're playing the game, is not likely to engender a great response

or the other day when we had to go for a page or two about the tyranny of patch day delays; they're frustrating but it's just something that happens with online games

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    The real reason they buffed mount speed was so that people would ride them more and be more incentivized to pay for them.

If that was their plan, they should have continued to let overworld enemies lag 5 levels behind me so I wouldn't want to fight them.

edited October 2023
    it's not that the game is without fault it's that most of the criticism of it is brought up in a way that's extremely tiresome; "world content is boring and sucks and you can't convince me to play this season", in a thread full of other people who're playing the game, is not likely to engender a great response

or the other day when we had to go for a page or two about the tyranny of patch day delays; they're frustrating but it's just something that happens with online games

I think you guys just seem to have PTSD from other places because most of the criticism here has been tame and grounded. You say a page or two of tyranny but I have been pretty consistently reading this thread since D4 was released and don't even remember what you're talking about. I just went back... and there were a few posts about the patch delay... Most of the replies thereafter were from people that argued that it wasn't a problem (of which I agree). You make it sound like it was 80+ posts about how Blizzard failed when it was a few posts about how they screwed up the patch and that was it.

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone in this thread lol.

urahonky on
    In any case Blood Harvests are the new seasonal thing right? After this season they will go away and a new mechanic will be introduced? It sounds like they are my jam and I'm going to be miffed if the next season or two doesn't have something like it. I know I can join y'all in the fun now but I'm so deep in a bunch of games at the moment that I just can't mentally start another one.

I just have to hold out hope that they implement something like it in future seasons.

Yeah see this is exactly what I'm talking about. We didn't have a page or two of tyranny of patch delays.

We had a post where I said "it's a bad look. It will blow over when the servers come up", and that somehow became me complaining about "the tyranny of patch delays".

It's an incredibly mild criticism, that then gets reacted to as if I said I'm standing outside of Blizzard's office with a picket sign screaming at every developer who walks in for being incompetent. Every negative screed that has ever been written on reddit somehow gets projected onto my incredibly mild criticism where I specifically say "it's a bad look but everyone will just get over it when the servers are up".

We then had a silly back and forth where I tried to explain that my complaints weren't really very harsh, and I was told to go back to reddit if I want to complain about the game.

It's just blowing very minor things out of proportion -- it feels like a siege mentality thing. Yes I know this game is getting pilloried in lots of corners on the internet and that it's kind of internet cool to go "lol diablo". That doesn't mean you have to react to anyone criticizing the game like they're saying it's the most broken piece of trash ever made, because no one in the thread said anything like that at the time.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2023
    Datmodz got hurricane rocks to work with not only earth conversion but also bear conversion and vasilys. As with any solid build this league it destroys too heh. I didn't like the knockback in my testing for clearing but scale hard enough and it can destroy trash too heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Q_W-KlCW4

Jubal77 on
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Datmodz got hurricane rocks to work with not only earth conversion but also bear conversion and vasilys. As with any solid build this league it destroys too heh. I didn't like the knockback in my testing for clearing but scale hard enough and it can destroy trash too heh.

Hurricane is always that skill I want to use in every game but it's always underwhelming. Hearing this makes me super happy!

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya he and others have converged on bear being the way for Boulder Vortex. I’m looking forward to trying it.
    urahonky wrote: »
    In any case Blood Harvests are the new seasonal thing right? After this season they will go away and a new mechanic will be introduced? It sounds like they are my jam and I'm going to be miffed if the next season or two doesn't have something like it. I know I can join y'all in the fun now but I'm so deep in a bunch of games at the moment that I just can't mentally start another one.

I just have to hold out hope that they implement something like it in future seasons.

I don’t think they’ve said yet if it will stay or go. I expect parts of it will go. Given the similarities, I can see how the intent may be to kinda test/mask a potential Helltide rework.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I was thinking about combing all the dumb stuff™ on a Dolmen/bouldercane, X'Fal poison explosion, Fleshrender shouty druid.

Just want to get a bit of farming out of the way since it'll obviously not be a boss killer afterwards, but I've got all the stuff ready to go.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Noggin wrote: »
    Ya he and others have converged on bear being the way for Boulder Vortex. I’m looking forward to trying it.

I don’t think they’ve said yet if it will stay or go. I expect parts of it will go. Given the similarities, I can see how the intent may be to kinda test/mask a potential Helltide rework.

Oh I hope so! I really do.

The season is a week old.

Last night I did the WT4 capstone at level 65. Hardly pushing the edge of the envelope here.

Ran around a Blood Harvest (FINE) for some quick gear and then an hour of Helltide time.

I was 71 in like an hour and a half.

Seriously, anyone who was put off by the speed of levelling prior to S2, uh, they've fixed that issue.

Bluntly, I think they may have gone a hair too far even, but if this was the pace going forward I wouldn't complain.

It's not "be level 70 and paragon a thousand in the first hour of a season if you know someone" speeds of D3, but it's faaast.

edited October 2023
    They may have gone a bit too far in some respects, but it seems fine as a baseline. Turns out, blizzard seems happy with it as well:

Joe Shely tweet:
    We're glad players are having fun in #DiabloIV Season of Blood and have no plans to nerf it.

This is mostly good in my mind. It’s better for this game to be generally more accessible, and it’s easier to add optional difficulty going forward from that position.

Noggin on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    leveling is definitely much less of a slog, though I confess to being more irritated by missing waypoints than I thought I'd be

they still have the problem of every type of content giving same-feeling rewards, but I dunno how they solve that given how aspects work

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
    They may have gone a bit too far in some respects, but it seems fine as a baseline. Turns out, blizzard seems happy with it as well:

Joe Shely tweet:
    We're glad players are having fun in #DiabloIV Season of Blood and have no plans to nerf it.

This is mostly good in my mind. It’s better for this game to be generally more accessible, and it’s easier to add optional difficulty going forward from that position.

Good to know the OPness of vampire powers was either intended or not worth nerfing

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Waypoints being brought up again made me think about it. I do not think I have grabbed more than one or two waypoints with the new horse and the blood zone centering around given waypoints.

The auto break down of sacreds etc in WT4 is probably the star of the show in terms of QoL.

Waypoints being brought up again made me think about it. I do not think I have grabbed more than one or two waypoints with the new horse and the blood zone centering around given waypoints.

The auto break down of sacreds etc in WT4 is probably the star of the show in terms of QoL.

Yeah the auto breakdown stuff makes me excited. Nothing worse than going back to town to look at your loot and realizing none of it is good and sending them all into the grinder... Several times in a row. At least this way you don't have to physically do the grinding.

Yeah the auto breakdown stuff makes me excited. Nothing worse than going back to town to look at your loot and realizing none of it is good and sending them all into the grinder... Several times in a row. At least this way you don't have to physically do the grinding.

It’s really nice in terms of materials. I’ve passively accumulated more than I’ve needed to use, so far at least.

But going back to town to feed garbage into the wood chipper is just as frequent if not more so. The seasonal area gives an absurd amount of loot, and the crit/vuln changes mean that items generally don’t stand out as easily.

The last part is a bit of a double edged sword. When items are this similar you can get started off really easily, but then you’re also “done” gearing earlier. The sooner you’re done, the sooner drops are useless.

Man lag has been real bad today, normally I don't feel it at all, but god damn today has been lagtastic.

pleasepaypreacher.net

It’s really nice in terms of materials. I’ve passively accumulated more than I’ve needed to use, so far at least.

But going back to town to feed garbage into the wood chipper is just as frequent if not more so. The seasonal area gives an absurd amount of loot, and the crit/vuln changes mean that items generally don’t stand out as easily.

The last part is a bit of a double edged sword. When items are this similar you can get started off really easily, but then you’re also “done” gearing earlier. The sooner you’re done, the sooner drops are useless.

Yeah that last part is true and sad. I know I've said this before but it's kind of why I like being able to find loot for other classes as well. That way I can find a sweet Druid weapon on my Sorc so it makes me want to roll a Druid really bad. I know that Aspects are meant to replace it but it just doesn't have the same feeling as finding a cool unique item on a boss.

Honestly I only ever play one class per season, so any none the class I'm playing loot is wasted.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.