The Painting Exposition.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Those are siiiick

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    edited March 3
    Does anyone have recommendations for good vibrant/bright purples? Generally of the ones I have the purples tend toward the darker side, and then either become paler as they get lighter, or pinker.

One way of getting a vivid purple is to first paint it the regular way, for example Xereus > Genestealer > Dechala, and then hit it with a glaze or two. Druchii Violet or Luxion Purple would keep the blueish tone and Carroburg Crimson or Volupus Pink would give it a more pinkish hue.

Or just go for Luxion Purple by itself on a white basecoat, that is pretty vivid.

Grudge on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    White undercoat + fluo paints is the most sure way to get vibrant colours.

• Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    Speaking of white undercoats, I just finished my second large encounter for Frostgrave - a Frost giant. Now, this is a Reaper Bones model, and that's really not my favourite material. It's difficult to remove the mold lines from the bendy plastic and the details aren't very sharp. Despite a few ugly mold lines he turned out ok in the end, even though I find it quite challenging to photograph white miniatures. I had to turn the exposure way down to be able to see the shading on the white skin.

IMG_4862.jpg

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    av2ykz5k6867.jpg

Got in the mood to paint some Terminators.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Kid is sick, so notuch time for anything, not even talking of a good night's sleep, but I made a tiny bit of progress on the characters
    3lc7osxl884y.jpg
    Still lots to do and probably too much white on him. Should've probably painted it yellow

edit: lol, that looks bad on desktop.

honovere on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Bats!
    q4afyexw8uwf.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    That is some real slick gray on the wings.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Knocking out this dragon real quick to use in the next few sessions of the D&D campaign I'm in. It's technically a brass dragon but we need a black dragon. It's a bit freeing knowing I'm going to strip him back down later on and repaint him. It's also great airbrush practice.

xv58nfyelfa6.jpg
    gv1i05crqap8.jpg
    0a1ukc9srpea.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I love dragon figures, that's a biggun!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Vallejo put out a colour chart of the new model colours including some example triads for shade, base, highlight
    https://acrylicosvallejo.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/CC329-Model_Color-NewIC.pdf

the numbering is chaos though

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Yeah I have a bottle of the Night Blue I haven't opened yet. Its my armies main color so I hope it hasn't changed too much.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 7
    That is some real slick gray on the wings.

Thanks, I'm happy with it and also I think I've found a way of painting rocks that I don't hate. The finished squad:
    arjuhmxay2ot.jpg

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    This stuff looks very interesting. Ordered a bottle to try it out.

https://youtu.be/YqThV2Q1EG0?si=vl0xvyUn1gnm0VcF

• Options
    And Done! She's not perfect, but for a 6 hour paintjob on a probably 30 hour model, not counting basing, I'm pretty happy.

7oz6wcocx822.jpg
    qu1x3m7rf2xs.jpg
    kmjiuwq2xdpk.jpg
    3krjgbadh7nl.jpg

• Options
    edited March 9
    Today's project: Snake Lady
    vmigtkrd8c51.jpg

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Finished up the Hylas guns for the Sagitaurs. I love painting lenses.

qho0p9vq0m6j.jpg
    z2x57wp33i2i.jpg
    cbtsll533peg.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Because it is getting warm here, and I just need a can or two? to kickstart painting again I have been looking around at other paints out of curiosity. I did not know how the robot {Duncan Rhodes| sold his paint Asmodee in the US so yeah ok....
    I saw other people have their own branded paint Monument Hobbies has a lot of YT people

Why a can because I want grey seer to test out the theory of doing the Sons of Horus off a light grey as well as a ideal of what I will paint my hearthkyn kill team as since it's only a handful of paints to do

• Options
    Monument hobbies Pro Acryl has some nice colours, the bronze tones I like in particular.
    They do a bunch of featured artists for paints sets, the signature series so that might also be a reason they show up on social media youtube. The next one is Rogue Hobbies, I think

• Options
    I’m a big fan of pro acryl. They make some good paints and their titanium white is one of the best out there.

• Options
    edited March 13
    Made a big whoopsie when painting the bronze trim, and to cover up the screwed up white I'm doing some battle damage
    itp2w8hv846l.jpg

And a bit of work on the screens. Trying to keep it quick and easy.
    r7mfdd5zce4r.jpg
    v74c22mi1m5q.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    looks sick, nice save

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    It's a funny coincidence that I looked at that and thought, "Good old 40k, where everybody is still walking around with frigging tablets instead of internal HUDs or holo-projections ..." and then got an email today from GreenStuffWorld advertising clear holo-parts you can attach to your little guys.
    3d-printed-set-hacker-screens-.jpg

Do better, GW. :tongue:

• Options
    edited March 15
    It's military spec holo-pad, I'll have you know! It might not be as fancy as those iHolos but it limits over-the-shoulder watching and can run on a single promethium charge for 2.5 Imperial standard years!

Also it's Mechanicum standard issue for 90 years, so basically brand new! We can't update the whole legion again so soon! (Also Horus diverted als iHolo shipments to his traitor legions)

honovere on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Most marine stuff is in their helmet if I remember right.

Power armor has a whole sensorium and combat AR overlay that marines use. Including siting bolters and stuff as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    It's military spec holo-pad, I'll have you know! It might not be as fancy as those iHolos but it limits over-the-shoulder watching and can run on a single promethium charge for 2.5 Imperial standard years!

Also it's Mechanicum standard issue for 90 years, so basically brand new! We can't update the whole legion again so soon! (Also Horus diverted als iHolo shipments to his traitor legions)

I made fun of the Tau Pathfinder kill team has that Iholo and other interesting stuff but they stole the greatest imperium wargear
    The Tactical Rock
    vneyabxhkwvs.png
    But oddly the Instructions reuse one part twice the carbine on the back

• Options
    edited March 17
    Super quick paint job so far. It shows, but at least it's already almost done emgib6h81vrz.jpg
    dlrhbzuiponx.jpg
    Shit. I lost my notes with the colours for my Black Orc team bases and now I'm sitting here with the star players two years later.

honovere on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    qaac0bxiz4wp.jpeg
    w2058pv14qi7.jpeg

Panting for the slow grow this weekend

Not bad for 1 weekend of painting

3-4 more models to go!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think I posted my year-in-review that had all my MCP teams in the Holiday forum, but here's the follow-up anyways:

69nr1l9m2na1.jpeg

Wakanda (and some odd friends) Forever!

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    So, I t6hink this is the first thing I've painted since spring of last year, with a model that I got right when it came out. If you think that's slow, I still have some 2nd Ed. Taniths and other metal IG I got new in blister pack that I still haven't painted up... XD

3QouUjl.jpg

7qK2txG.gif

• Options
    Just saw this and it's very cool
    off067dz8gtk.png

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    syzmp3wges6g.jpg

I really dig the Astral Templars color scheme for Stormcasts. The default gold and blue is really dull.

Doesn't hurt that it's literally the same color scheme as my space marines.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    5sk55cc03g55.jpeg
    znbluceo6zq9.jpeg
    bn5qcxakycvm.jpeg

Fully painted for the event tomorrow. Photo of 4 models is what I did yesterday and today, photo with medium amount of models is what I did the last two weeks, and the big shot is everything YTD.

All done in about 4 non-consecutive weeks.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Gat dang, you work quickly. And it all looks awesome.

Great choices for the basing, everything pops.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Gat dang, you work quickly. And it all looks awesome.

Great choices for the basing, everything pops.

Fastest I’ve ever painted and I never going back to effortful painting beyond existing projects I have

Doing like, highly stylized slapdash bullshit is much more fun than painting at a high level for me

Makes me feel like I have a skaven army in me

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 23
    This may be my favourite mini I've ever painted. Picked up for a hit of nostalgia for the minis I used to covet in White Dwarf when I were a lad, and I'm dead chuffed with how he turned out.

fWGc75Ql.jpgivnESWkl.jpg

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited March 24
    This is also great. Love these creative little dioramas
    da5f9aiyc0ki.png

Also apparently some large scale custom tzeentch marine sorcerer in the open category got rejected for being a full 3d print.

honovere on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I have finished painting up the notorious Bone Throne! I'm kinda mixed on faction terrain pieces in general, normally I'm not super-fussed about making terrain paintjobs look perfect, and the sculpt details are generally not as nice as on the actual minis, but for something like that's going to be on the board for every game you play with the army you kinda want to put some effort in. At least this one you can also feasibly use as regular scenery if you wanted to, especially if you just pop the throne off the top.

gyhq8e86bj0i.jpg

s12j8iy0clt5.jpg

tompji9v6q8q.jpg

753vccudjret.jpg

I kinda feel like I should try and get some, like, hanging/ropey moss stuff, or something, to sell the swampy theming more, but I have no idea where to even look for that sort of thing.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
  • Options