Options

Name all the [chat] genres

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    How many calories are in 1 calories

3 - 6

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Bad music

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Also @tinwhiskers thanks for that vid, was excellent chore music!

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus
    JPants wrote: »
    Hey, someone recommend me like an old-school gridder RPG that I can drop into easily, not necessarily a roguelike/roguelite

Like Dungeons of Dredmore-ish. I just want cozy vibes tonight

It was on Genesis so I have no idea how accessible it is right now buuuuut...

Shining Force 2

I would argue it was my favorite game of that generation but Genesis version of Shadowrun is sitting there, staring at me, ready to pounce.

i think they've been ported to mobile. at least shining force 1 is.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Much like Metal

There are certain subgenres of Horror that I specifically enjoy/gravitate towards and some that will 100% repulse me because they are absolute trash made by creatively bankrupt people who think that low brow grotesquery and shock value are what constitute a good product.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Hey, someone recommend me like an old-school gridder RPG that I can drop into easily, not necessarily a roguelike/roguelite

Shining Force 2

I would argue it was my favorite game of that generation but Genesis version of Shadowrun is sitting there, staring at me, ready to pounce.

Yeah the mobile interface wasn't great from what I remember, and last I checked 2 wasn't avail, so I didn't mention it.

Now I'm curious and going to go see if/where it is avail...

• Options
    Chanus

Shining Force 2

Yeah the mobile interface wasn't great from what I remember, and last I checked 2 wasn't avail, so I didn't mention it.

Steam has it for $0.99

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Video games
    For CRPGs: I’ve heard good things about Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus

Shining Force 2

archive.org 's web-based emulator has it

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My family is getting dinner from a combination KFC/Taco Bell. It’s a regular thing for them. I asked what they get and apparently it’s some of those big ass taco party packs and then KFC sides. No chicken. A couple dozen tacos and a bunch of mashed potatoes and coleslaw.

What a world.

• Options

Shining Force 2

Steam has it for $0.99

I just saw this!

@SummaryJudgment this is the correct answer!

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Bad music
    Cummies horror

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Vuvuzuela
    One square calorie

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Bad music
    In France they call it an aragorn helmet with cheese

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

@SummaryJudgment its not cozy, but legends of grimrock 1 & 2 were so good

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Vuvuzuela

@SummaryJudgment its not cozy, but legends of grimrock 1 & 2 were so good

Oooh, I do have those but yeah they're hard

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    For CRPGs: I’ve heard good things about Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment

both are pillars of my childhood!

• Options
    Chanus
    I loved the Shining Force games

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chanus
    I just realized that 1/2 a quart of ice cream is fewer calories than the vanilla white mocha I drank every day for 10+ years

• Options
    TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    I remember being really annoyed by Shining Force II because you could trigger some battles you had already done. I ended up doing that a few times by accident and then I dropped the game. I should probably give it another shot because I really like the first game and had fun with the third as well.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Vuvuzuela
    I'm home and done with work for the week, what's going on chat, what'd I miss?

also my god I'm so tired

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Bad music
    I just realized that 1/2 a quart of ice cream is fewer calories than the vanilla white mocha I drank every day for 10+ years

goddamn

seriously?

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

SF1 was the first game I ever rented over and over from the video store so I could beat it. That's where I learned the lesson that you have to make sure to get the same CARTRIDGE not just the same game, and also learned the pain of someone else renting the cart and deleting your save.

SF2 was, as I said, a top 3 game for the generation for me.

Shining in the Dark I played after SF2 and despite being an "old" game was just super fun as well, way better than the other game of that kind I had played which I think was like Might and Magic or something.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Vuvuzuela
    Abdhy I'm v happy for u

thank you, I am too, this was overall a string of extremely fortuitous events for me personally

I still haven't told my friend. The one who has never seen her before before this christmas when he was party to one short conversation between us and was immediately like oh yeah dude by the way, her, go for her. I dread it. The smugness will be severe.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Tenzytile wrote: »
    I remember being really annoyed by Shining Force II because you could trigger some battles you had already done. I ended up doing that a few times by accident and then I dropped the game. I should probably give it another shot because I really like the first game and had fun with the third as well.

I remember doing this, and using a dupe bug that worked in a specific battle to get a Ring of Power for everyone in my party.

I'm not a big glitch gamer but god damn that was fun and a great memory.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Orca wrote: »

goddamn

seriously?

Yeah, and like not by a little

1/2 a quart of coffee break ice cream is about 600 calories

A large vanilla white mocha is/was about 750

Though I will say the one thing the coffee had in it's favor is that it actually filled me up for a good 5-6 hours

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    7z514rab3erg.png

But which one is the one on shrooms

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Also, i have learned of Angostura bitters

And I am interested

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 1
    Nobody who actually cares about music really cares about genre

Vanguard on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Elton John
    Meem it is 2024

How are you just now learning about bitters

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Chanus
    Feral wrote: »

SF1 was the first game I ever rented over and over from the video store so I could beat it. That's where I learned the lesson that you have to make sure to get the same CARTRIDGE not just the same game, and also learned the pain of someone else renting the cart and deleting your save.

SF2 was, as I said, a top 3 game for the generation for me.

Shining in the Dark I played after SF2 and despite being an "old" game was just super fun as well, way better than the other game of that kind I had played which I think was like Might and Magic or something.

My first Shining Force game, and actually my first RPG, was the Shining Force game on the Game Gear. I played the hell out of that game. Fond memories of killing all the enemies on a level but 1 and then recalling and doing it again until killing an enemy only gave 1 xp

• Options
    Chanus
    Mim wrote: »
    Also, i have learned of Angostura bitters

And I am interested

wait till you learn about the different flavors of bitters

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Thinking about becoming a cravat guy

• Options
    Chanus
    speaking of bitters, I just had a manhattan

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    And with stuff like metal where you get like “blackened-death-doom” each of those adjectives is communicating very specifically about what it’s going to sound like

It sounds like nonsense if you don’t know what death metal, doom metal, or black metal sound like tho

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    There's been a lot of talk about how my employer should compete with Starlink, since a lot of people are switching over.

My reaction is pretty simple: "We're a 20 million dollar company. SpaceX is a 200 billion dollar company. We're not going to."

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Thinking about becoming a cravat guy

kravat is the Russian word for bed

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Bad music
    Wait til you learn about IPAs

Tumin on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    And with stuff like metal where you get like “blackened-death-doom” each of those adjectives is communicating very specifically about what it’s going to sound like

It sounds like nonsense if you don’t know what death metal, doom metal, or black metal sound like tho

I would like to refer you to Fat Ed's Furry Fucking Guide to Metal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXz7PHkRLgQ&ab_channel=Kozimierz

This discussion has been closed.