Options

What is your best union strike sign?

2»

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm not good at signs, but can you promise me you'll do at least one "hell no, we won't go"?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    To kinda riff on what someone else posted, a simple "You get what you pay for..." may go a long way.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Why would you underpay the person educating & taking care of your children?

Because in this country, we hate education almost as much as we hate children

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote:
    Why would you underpay the person educating & taking care of your children?

Because in this country, we hate education almost as much as we hate children

If you educate people they might think for themselves!

Cant be having that!

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Space Needle Photo Department was handing out flyers. Seems like they're not being given enough PTO for when they get sick from interacting with the public.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Oh I see you're back

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    This is more of a slogan than anything:

"Give us the tools, give us manpower,
    Your kids need those to help them prosper"

Here's an idea for a series of signs parodying Mastercard (substituting what's between brackets with the appropriate values)

"Teaching students in class:
    [ ] hours, for a salary of [ ] dollars

Correcting their homework:
    [ ] hours, pro bono

Helping students understand the material outside of class because there wasn't enough time during class:
    [ ] hours

Teaching supplies and material that the school doesn't have:
    [ ] dollars

Seeing kids graduate to become capable adults:
    Priceless

There are some things money can't buy.

For everything else, there's
    {Insert written calculations giving net money earned per hour}
    Sweet Fuck All."

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    2ttct6rh3mzu.jpg

Sorry, the forum grievances thread has been closed. Maybe pull a Martin Luther and try nailing your treatsie on the door of the Penny Arcade offices?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    No no I think they're onto something

"Geebs Is a [Pipist]" is a pretty good strike slogan

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh I thought they were recommending the whole image. Which is cool, but I don't get how it relates to teaching.

• Options
    Wow that post delete makes that exchange look very different

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Any way I ended up with these two for my sign, as you can see, my daughter insisted on joining in on craft time.

mbjw6k6tthsr.jpeg
    5o0arehbz4ap.jpeg

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    "Honk if you wish you had a better time in school."

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 23
    Anyway strike was today, plenty of Simpson signs, too many Harry Potter signs and an animated sign. Attendance statewide was good, with about 10-11000 teachers attending rallies which is around sixty percent of union members.

Vibes were good, messages were clear, but like it did low key suck as it’s another day without the kids and they’re the ones that miss out the most. (But that’s what the government is counting on)

Other ideas we had during the march were, “Only fans, because the air con doesn’t work” and I wanted to put up the url for teacherspayteachers.com (it’s a resources website) cross it out and change it to governmentpaysteachers.com.

The last funny moment of the day was I had a look at social media and some bright spark posted the comment, “these teachers should have had this meeting two weeks ago during school holidays” which is good work guy. Glad to know you know how strikes work.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Please save your strike for when it’s more convenient for everyone else.

Thank you

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Please save your strike for when it’s more convenient for everyone else.

Thank you

In fact, if you all could just hold your assorted protests in a time and place where it will in no way inconvenience me, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Everyone who wants to protest, please quietly raise your hands

Okay thank you, protest completed

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Anyway strike was today, plenty of Simpson signs, too many Harry Potter signs and an animated sign. Attendance statewide was good, with about 10-11000 teachers attending rallies which is around sixty percent of union members.

Vibes were good, messages were clear, but like it did low key suck as it’s another day without the kids and they’re the ones that miss out the most. (But that’s what the government is counting on)

Other ideas we had during the march were, “Only fans, because the air con doesn’t work” and I wanted to put up the url for teacherspayteachers.com (it’s a resources website) cross it out and change it to governmentpaysteachers.com.

The last funny moment of the day was I had a look at social media and some bright spark posted the comment, “these teachers should have had this meeting two weeks ago during school holidays” which is good work guy. Glad to know you know how strikes work.

Sounds like he should be thankful for the free lesson on union/labour activities from a bunch of teachers!

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    hey hey
    yo yo
    the use of wool has got to go

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg