• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I don’t want to talk too much shit because the few interactions I’ve had with her have been pleasant enough, but I’m certain one of my coworkers is a former meth addict. She’s a year older than me but looks older than my coworkers in their 60’s

Also all her teeth are rotted out

🫤

It’s either that or intense sugar addiction

But probably meth, yeah

Good for her if she got over it, though. It’s the hardest addiction to overcome.

I’m just happy that with my addiction issues, meth was the one drug I never had any desire to do more than once

It’s the worst drug there is
    I dunno, have you talked to anyone who is “high on life?” They are insufferable.

I think I want to marry a ‘don’t talk to me until I’ve had my coffee’ person so I can morning-cheer them into killing me some day. The dynamic sounds fun.

I mean, morning people are basically psychopaths so this tracks.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Manor Lords is a city sim i actually got into playing but then i beat the scenario by accident and it's stuck in a victory loop so i can't keep going in sandbox like it says i can so not bad for five hours of content i guess

that game looks pretty rad but I am gonna let it simmer for a bit in EA before diving in

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    shryke wrote: »
    I don’t want to talk too much shit because the few interactions I’ve had with her have been pleasant enough, but I’m certain one of my coworkers is a former meth addict. She’s a year older than me but looks older than my coworkers in their 60’s

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

Good for her if she got over it, though. It’s the hardest addiction to overcome.

I’m just happy that with my addiction issues, meth was the one drug I never had any desire to do more than once

I dunno, have you talked to anyone who is “high on life?” They are insufferable.

I think I want to marry a ‘don’t talk to me until I’ve had my coffee’ person so I can morning-cheer them into killing me some day. The dynamic sounds fun.

Geniuses are often misunderstood in their time

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Friendly reminder that sometimes actors and directors really love their craft and some people are just born to play roles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaWwG41_A9k

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

people like that won't be able to kill anyone early in the morning no matter how much they want to and how much it would be righteous to do so

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Last Ars Magica session saw the party find out how dangerous archers can be when you're a party of wizards that have neglected to learn any defensive spells

Earlier today I sent them this
    d4vpu732lvjy.jpg
    "Ahh, the traditional drink of the Ars Magica DM"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I tried to watch Returns again a few weeks ago

It is such a different film than ‘89

Kind of a shame of how Burton disappeared a bit on it

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

A victim of '89s box office success?

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

people like that won't be able to kill anyone early in the morning no matter how much they want to and how much it would be righteous to do so

If I were genuinely safe due to their morning incompetence and lack of will, that could be even better. It’d be like owning a dangerous annd deeply unhappy animal in a shoddy zoo. Hey, polar bear. I like these bars separating us. You wanna listen to morning reveille with me, polar bear?? ^_^

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

I think so

When you go back and watch it, ‘89 and Returns cinematically may as well exist in entirely different universes. They’re shot completely differently, the tone is dissimilar, the palettes don’t sync, and the story in Returns is just absolute dogshit.

I’d have loved a whole series of films or TV shows set in the ‘89 universe.

• Options

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

If I were genuinely safe due to their morning incompetence and lack of will, that could be even better. It’d be like owning a dangerous annd deeply unhappy animal in a shoddy zoo. Hey, polar bear. I like these bars separating us. You wanna listen to morning reveille with me, polar bear?? ^_^

I mean you'd only be safe right there in the morning anyone with half a brain would poison you when you went to bed so they could have a quiet morning for once

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

I think so

When you go back and watch it, ‘89 and Returns cinematically may as well exist in entirely different universes. They’re shot completely differently, the tone is dissimilar, the palettes don’t sync, and the story in Returns is just absolute dogshit.

I remember 89' was such a huge thing among my friends. Seeing the movie, renting the NES game, collecting the trading cards. All of it.

And when returns came out we saw it of course but there was none of the talking about it afterwards or anything. Just very meh.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I think so

I've always felt like 89 was successful enough that Burton just stopped trying to keep himself disciplined. Batman Returns is just Burton unleashed and unrestrained.

• Options

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

I mean you'd only be safe right there in the morning anyone with half a brain would poison you when you went to bed so they could have a quiet morning for once

I admit my strategy needs some refinement

• Options
    edited April 27
    I have no clue when I woke up this morning and no idea if I should be getting tired and sleepy now or if that's really another symptom

either way thank god I called in sick because I wouldn't even be done with the first hour of work

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    Nowhere really where else to post this since I don't do social media shit, but worth sharing I think.

Just got a piece of my childhood I haven't seen in forever. Grandma made this cross-stich when I was in single digits age. It hung on the wall of the room I slept in every summer at Grandparents House, and every night when I went to bed, in twilight, I would see things in it based on whatever bedtime story I was told. It was just a cat sleeping on an in-progress quilt.

As I grew older, I almost entirely forgot about it, but when my mom was like "Hey, so, we're going through grandma's house, is there anything particularly valuable you want?" it sparked the memory.
    x8ioysfhpvlk.png

My grandma was a very expert cross-sticher, I'm realizing now, in her absence.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Just marinaded a steak for dinner. I’ll let it sit an hour and then grill me a steak and eat it with Doritos

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Well Boba Fett just walked past me

I wonder if there's a convention or if he just really, really likes Boba Fett

Or maybe

That was really him

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Cobb Vanth maybe.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I want the multiverse take where Arnold comes to Cobb and says "I need yah boots, yah gloves, and yah helment"

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?

(accidentally launches Boba Fett)

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Doing that gluten free pizza crust again. This time I added baking powder in the hopes that it would help it get that bubbly crust that real dough does so well. I also did the pre-bake for a couple extra minutes to get some extra crisp to it.

Will report back.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have a big competition this evening. The 2024 annual Harmony Sweepstakes Bay Area Regional competition is tonight, and I'm competing with one of my groups. It's funny, but I've been in the a cappella scene long enough that I know half of the people who are competing in other groups, and I've performed with a lot of them in other shows. Hopefully we do well!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited April 27

I think so

I've always felt like 89 was successful enough that Burton just stopped trying to keep himself disciplined. Batman Returns is just Burton unleashed and unrestrained.

I certainly agree with the argument that says Burton’s success led him to feel little need to question his choices, but I do feel that there’s a clear artistic objective in Returns that Burton absolutely nails—the problem is that it’s so very different from what made the first film work.

89 is essentially a 1940s detective noir filtered through an early 70s crime lens, and that absolutely works for the general Batman vibe of essentially being a mobster flick. It’s To Have and Have Not meets The French Connection, and those are two aesthetics that mesh like Swiss clockwork.

Returns is wholly a fanciful, whimsical love-letter to 1920s German expressionist films like Nosferatu and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari—and it’s gorgeous!— but because of that I think Burton either wanted or felt he needed a similarly fanciful and whimsical story and characters, and maybe if the script hadn’t also been just pure fucking garbaggio that would have worked as, like, a one-off project.

But you can’t make your sequel so many different things from your first film while also telling a fundamentally bad story.

Atomika on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?

(accidentally launches Boba Fett)

Always a ladies' man

s94nij42qdnw.png

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    now if you wanna build a snowman....

We talking Powder?

Snow Day?

White Squall?

The Penguin and the Van Peebles?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Aspen Exstreme?

Miracle Beach?

Montana Sinus Center?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Home. Good outing, but oh god forcing myself through all of that with covid booster soreness plus just my ongoing junk, blech, oof, ouch, kill me

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’d like to take a moment to express a genuine feeling I’m feeling right now.
    Fuck you, MTA

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular

🫤

But probably meth, yeah

Geniuses are often misunderstood in their time

Not for geniuses smh

• Options
    I don't think I've seen Batman Returns since I was about 12 but I don't remember it being particularly bad
    I do remember the villain being a huge downgrade from the first one though. I adore Danny DeVito but going from The Joker to The Penguin was never going to work very well

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It’s always funny to me that a band who called themselves The Kingston Trio were whiter than a year-old dog turd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Jw_v3F_Q0

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I dunno I liked Returns but yeah tonally it’s completely different from ‘89

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    It’s always funny to me that a band who called themselves The Kingston Trio were whiter than a year-old dog turd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Jw_v3F_Q0

Maybe they were from Kingston Falls

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    Well Boba Fett just walked past me

I wonder if there's a convention or if he just really, really likes Boba Fett

Or maybe

That was really him
    He was going to see a thicc Jabba the Hutt.

Hutt butt spoiler
    yzqsg0ct89ji.jpeg

zepherin on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited April 27

No.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Oh dear God why

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    ndxu928nogih.jpg
    3nfdsrdrlhf5.jpg
    555p8616rju2.jpg
    pw3e5fckt1co.jpg