As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Haunted House - Game Over! Camper Victory!

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh right, and Clarification:: The village loses when all our specials are dead? The amount of campers still living is immaterial?

Dayum.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's because I'm undead isn't it? Why can't people be more accepting of people like me?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Marx wrote: »
    Alright, so: We have 6 good guys.
    I'm going to predict that means 2 seers, 2 vigilantes, and 2 guardians.

I'm stumped for ideas on how to quickly form up a network of these specials without any of the specials having to reveal themselves. Brain storming session, campers!

Saburbia and FWD know what they're doing, so I have a feeling that an instant-network will be pretty hard to create (if not impossible).
    Well I remember what Aroduc did in the Communist Phalla. He revealed himself as a seer, was later seered by the other seer, and started confirming people who PM'd him claiming to be a special, etc etc.

Unfortunately, such a method doesn't seem like it would work for this game.

!retract Gnasty and give him a loving hug.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You are just so not cool enough to hang out with me.

Fred, though, is enough of a doormat for me.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I'm stumped for ideas on how to quickly form up a network of these specials without any of the specials having to reveal themselves. Brain storming session, campers!

Its far more likely that we have 1 seer, 1 vigilante, 1 guardian, and a family of 3 stonecutters. Its been proven that 2 guardians is pretty much broken as broken can be.

Last Son on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Oh right, and Clarification:: The village loses when all our specials are dead? The amount of campers still living is immaterial?

Dayum.

For realz? That kind of sucks.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    I just noticed that we can't go back to rooms we have already been to, so we need to really think about where we wanna move.

my bathroom vote still stands.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    I just noticed that we can't go back to rooms we have already been to, so we need to really think about where we wanna move.

You only just noticed it because I only just added it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I made my own version of the map:

hauntedphalla-map.gif

Thinking about the items that we'd be able to gather, I think we should make our way to the infirmary. We should be able to find some way to protect ourselves in there! Even though the bathrooms sound more interesting, I !vote to move to the Main Hall.

Movement votes are now tied at 12 each for Bathrooms and Main Hall.

Can you guys put this in the rules post? It's a lot easier to figure out than the map that is currently there.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Dayum.

The win condition for the campers and good guys is to kill all the bad guys.
    The win condition for the bad guys is to match or outnumber the good guys.

Yeah, I'm really hoping it's not like that.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

You only just noticed it because I only just added it.

Touche, salesman.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Dayum.

Should say:

The win condition for the bad guys is to match or outnumber the non-bad guys.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I made my own version of the map:

hauntedphalla-map.gif

Thinking about the items that we'd be able to gather, I think we should make our way to the infirmary. We should be able to find some way to protect ourselves in there! Even though the bathrooms sound more interesting, I !vote to move to the Main Hall.

Movement votes are now tied at 12 each for Bathrooms and Main Hall.

Can you guys put this in the rules post? It's a lot easier to figure out than the map that is currently there.

I am going to do just that once I get home from work and have a chance to make some minor edits.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Dayum.

I don't think that's what they mean, because the bad guys already outnumber the good guys (8 to 6).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Dayum.

I don't think that's what they mean, because the bad guys already outnumber the good guys (8 to 6).

I've corrected the rules post. As noted above, the bad guys have to match or outnumber everyone else, not just the good guys.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

Its far more likely that we have 1 seer, 1 vigilante, 1 guardian, and a family of 3 stonecutters. Its been proven that 2 guardians is pretty much broken as broken can be.
    Well, if that's the set up, the good guys are fucked. It's not obvious how many deaths per night there will be, but based off of the number of people it'll be high. I hope it's a better set up.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Hmm. Our current line-up does seem pretty paltry. We'll see how risky we need to be once the night is over.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Well, if that's the set up, the good guys are fucked. It's not obvious how many deaths per night there will be, but based off of the number of people it'll be high. I hope it's a better set up.

I see you have removed your mask and revealed yourself not to be Fred, but Ted!

I AM THE ONE TRUE FRED.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Dayum.

Yeah, that's what I said earlier. We're fodder. Neither more nor less than something for the heroes to hide behind while they do their stuff -- unless we get an item.

As we can't backtrack (to rooms that we've already visited) we should be careful not to paint ourselves into a corner. Unless that's what people want to do, of course. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    good point... clarification: what if we do, infact, paint ourselves into a corner?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    good point... clarification: what if we do, infact, paint ourselves into a corner?

Everyone dies, no one wins, I become angry.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

My bet would be 6, maybe 7, deaths per night. Theres 50 of us and Saburbia said he expected the game to last until night 8.

Last Son on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Everyone dies, no one wins, I become angry.

Mental note: Do not paint selves into a corner.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Zerinan wrote: »
    It's because I'm undead isn't it? Why can't people be more accepting of people like me?
    What? You're a zombie?! Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!

PUPPPPY POWERRRRR!

!vote Zerinan

I am no zombie! I am RICHARD, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, and the mayor of a little village up the coast. Just a bit of a warning to you pup, I light things much bigger than you on fire, for fun.

(If people don't know who this guy is, check out lfgcomic.com. He is freakin' awesome!)

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I suggest we never go in the Hedgemaze. Nothing good can ever come of that.

Also, !vote jdarksun for character choice. That puppy is pure evil.

Gim on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SO HAS FROSTEEY STILL NOT JUSTIFIED WHY WE MUST GO TO THE BALCONY AND WHY THOSE THAT WISH TO GO TO THE MAIN HALL SHOULD BE KILLED?

AND WHAT IS MAZLO'S RAMBLING OF SHAPESHIFTERS ABOUT?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Oh wow. Wikipedia...

I never realized that Elmyra (Duff!) and Montana Max were Elmer Fudd / Yosemite Sam analogues.

Damn; that makes so much sense now.

how... how did you miss that?

No clue. I just never figured that out. And Freakazoid! is still not on DVD. :(

OH MAN! TED IS HERE!

Remember never to harsh Ted's mellow.... remember never to harsh Ted's mellow....

Squashua on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well we need to get this adventure started off right so I !vote main hall. I mean seriously, who starts off in the bathroom? I have no idea who to vote as no one has really acted too shady yet. We'll see if anyone comes out of the woodwork before tonight.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh yeah. Now that Marx has given up the role of Fred, I no longer see any reason to vote for him. So

I !retract Marx

I !vote precisionk, because he is dumb

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also people had best start posting or I foresee a lot of people going insane and committing suicide.

We've got 50 players and 3 mods, yet only 36 people have posted in the thread.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    How to do a Network

STEP 1: If there is a family of 3 or more, one of them has to "out" themselves publicly ASAP.

STEP 2: We wait until the day is over (if the "family member" revealed LATE in the day, we wait an EXTRA day).

STEP 3: A seer should SEER the family member making the claim and/or anyone disputing the claim.

STEP 4: A guardian "guards" the claimed family member and no vigilantes "vigilante" the family member.

STEP 5: If no one comes out to dispute the "family member" after 24 hours, then we can probably trust that the family member really is... a family member. That's assuming a family exists.

EVIL OPTIONS

OPTION 1 : An evil person could sacrifice themself to "dispute" the claim of the family member, causing conflict and network creation delay.

OPTION 2 : An evil person could sacrifice themself and "claim" to be the family member.

- - - -

Generally, when the next day comes and no one outs themselves declaring the family member to be "bullshit", you can probably trust the family member.

With a phalla this large, well... it's kind of odd that we have so few "good guys".

- - - -

tl;dr A Family Member should out themselves and an evil player should not pretend to be a Family Member b/c that would fuck it all up. And if an evil player pretends to be a Family Member, a "good" Family Member needs to step up and dispute the claim.

Squashua on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sharpens his scythe.

HUMANS AREN'T TECHNICALLY UNDER MY JURISDICTION, BUT INACTIVES AREN'T REALLY PEOPLE ANYWAY.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, the ratio of specials to players/evil guys is rather unsettling. I'm guessing that since Sab and FWD are well-versed in these games, though, the items will compensate.

I hope.

It would also be a cool mechanic if certain specials get one-time-only powers in different rooms.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "The win condition for the bad guys is to match or outnumber the good guys."

Umm. According to the OP, there are 8 Bad Guys and 6 Good Guys... Bad Guys Win by Default?

Ah, it's been changed to "The win condition for the bad guys is to match or outnumber the non-bad guys."

That makes more sense.

Squashua on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Main Hall leads to the Infirmary, so naturally !vote Main Hall.

Also, there's FOEs in the Bog. Bad mojo.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    AND WHAT IS MAZLO'S RAMBLING OF SHAPESHIFTERS ABOUT?

I don't like to talk about it but there was a time in Saint Louis and another in Milwaukee.

See here squeaky, there's things out there - the things that go bump in the night are real. Shape shifters are just one of those things. In Milwaukee, this shape shifter killed a security guard at Milwaukee National Trust then made itself look like him and waited. It waited and then it ripped off the bank and made it look like the security guard had offed himself.

Now here's the problem rats, no matter what kind of shape shifter it is, they all die the same way: a silver bullet to the heart. Problem is that one of these punks stole my gun and these monsters are hiding here among us. I figure we're just about screwed unless you've got some silver bullets and a pistol on you. We'll just have to hope that the Scooby Doo gang and their rocks are able to do the trick.

Mazlo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I'd rather remain indoors at all times, but if we go to the infirmary, then there's no other way but to get our feet wet.

And hold on there, Bucko. If we're going to go around shooting people, it's only with this.

*holds his proton gun* A generally safe particle accelerator. This baby packs concentrated protons to kick negatively charged ectoplasmic entity butt.

Generally safe, because if I crank it up too long, then it might melt off a face or two.

But I think we can all agree that we can take that chance.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L wrote: »

I'd rather remain indoors at all times, but if we go to the infirmary, then there's no other way but to get our feet wet.

Why are we going to the infirmary anyway?

No one's hurt, just dead. Unless you think it's Doc Frankenstein's Infirmary...

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »

Why are we going to the infirmary anyway?

No one's hurt, just dead. Unless you think it's Doc Frankenstein's Infirmary...
    You know, that is a very excellent question. One to which I have no idea how to answer.

Tell me, infimirists. Why ARE we heading to the infirmary...oh, wait...

Oh, you druggies, always looking for your next fix. Can't you put your addictions behind you and focus on the death-dealing beheader we have stalking us for once?

I swear, kids these days. So cranked for coke that they'll just walk right past chainsaw wielding serial killers without batting an eye.

I think staying indoors is a better idea. We can do more damage that way.