Options

AUTOBOTS, TRANSFORM AND...well, you know.

• Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Like what Local H Jay said, it was pretty good.

I would say a little overwhelming, but for all you out there who were skeptics, I assure you it's a good movie.

Let us not post spoilers Local H Jay, let us create a GLORIOUS thread. Haha.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    KingsHand wrote: »
    The voices in the DS game were all alot better.

I'm not even sure if they use the same actors, because there's so much fucking filtering on the voices in the console version. Frank Welker still did a perfect megatron on the DS, and Starscream was a bit off, but it wasn't that terrible.

afaik half the voices in the game aren't the voices in the movie.

I could be wrong.

You're right. The only voice holdovers are the humans and Optimus, I think. What I'm saying is that I don't know if the DS and console versions even share the same voice actors for Ironhide, Jazz, Starscream, and pretty much everyone aside from Optimus and Megatron (who still sounds uber-different than he does on the DS).

Keith David is Barricade in both versions of the game and in the movie, as well.

cr0w on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    cr0w wrote: »

I'm not even sure if they use the same actors, because there's so much fucking filtering on the voices in the console version. Frank Welker still did a perfect megatron on the DS, and Starscream was a bit off, but it wasn't that terrible.

I could be wrong.

You're right. The only voice holdovers are the humans and Optimus, I think. What I'm saying is that I don't know if the DS and console versions even share the same voice actors for Ironhide, Jazz, Starscream, and pretty much everyone aside from Optimus and Megatron (who still sounds uber-different than he does on the DS).

Keith David is Barricade in both versions of the game and in the movie, as well.

With all the voice treatment, it sounds nothing like him.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007

I could be wrong.

Actually Keith David is just doing the game, not the movie. Jess Harnell is doing him in the movie, along with Ironhide.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Really? Damn.

cr0w on
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »

I could be wrong.

Actually Keith David is just doing the game, not the movie. Jess Harnell is doing him in the movie, along with Ironhide.

Captain Hero? I can totally see that for Ironhide.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So, there's a Transformers: Cybertron marathon on. I've watched the show before, but it all seemed terrible and plotless, and it was just about racing for keys and nothing beyond that.

However, the episodes on right now have all this crazy anime bullshit going on, and they're awesome. It's so strange to think I missed a gigantic spree of watchable episodes having seen how bland both the first and last episodes of the series had been.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »

I could be wrong.

Captain Hero? I can totally see that for Ironhide.
    The man's an incredible voice actor. He was Wacko in Animaniacs. Now compare that to Captain Hero.

So, chances are Barricade and Ironhide are going to sound fantastic.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They do.

Going to see the movie again next week.

devoir on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So I know the movie supposedly doesn't have an awesome plot or anything, but will the 360 Game spoil anything big? I just rented it and kinda want to play it, but if it'll spoil anything huge I'll just wait until after Monday night.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If you must play, play through in Decepticon mode, I've heard that it takes a bit of a divergent path from the movie.

But seriously, the movie's worth abstaining for.

devoir on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    So I know the movie supposedly doesn't have an awesome plot or anything, but will the 360 Game spoil anything big? I just rented it and kinda want to play it, but if it'll spoil anything huge I'll just wait until after Monday night.

The autobot side is basically the exact plot of the movie. So take that as you will.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, there's a Transformers: Cybertron marathon on. I've watched the show before, but it all seemed terrible and plotless, and it was just about racing for keys and nothing beyond that.

However, the episodes on right now have all this crazy anime bullshit going on, and they're awesome. It's so strange to think I missed a gigantic spree of watchable episodes having seen how bland both the first and last episodes of the series had been.
    I liked Armada, which is odd because most Transformers fans hate that show, and Cybertron. I never really gave Cybertron a chance because I hated how blocky they looked, and how overdone the voiceacting was (and not in the good way).
    Also: Anime Bullshit.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The autobot side is basically the exact plot of the movie. So take that as you will.
    There's not much plot in the movie to spoil, really.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Inzigna wrote: »

Yeah thats what I said a while back. It does show what happens in the movie but it's not like its a movie full of twists and turns.

You know Megatron is the bad guy and you know he loses in the end.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You can basically imagine what happens from the trailer, aside from details like the Allspark.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yeah thats what I said a while back. It does show what happens in the movie but it's not like its a movie full of twists and turns.

You know Megatron is the bad guy and you know he loses in the end.

Turns out Optimus Prime was dead the whole time.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well I played the game up through the fight with Barricade, I just skipped any cutscenes and just did what Optimus told me over the radio to do.

Really glad I didn't buy the game, pretty, but yeah, you know.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think the game gets a lot better the further you get into it.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the game gets a lot better the further you get into it.

No, that's just Stockholm syndrome.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Just beat the Suburbs part, the following cutscene caused my 360 to freeze.

No big deal.

Try to turn it back on, the 360 Splash screen freezes.

Worry begins to set in.

Try again a few minutes later, game loads and I get to the main menu and it freezes again.

The game is killing my 360.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I've finished both sides' story lines, but I haven't played the cybertron missions yet or gone back to collect the icons.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Alright, I finished the cybertron missions. They're just survival missions to beat 35 enemies, and once you do both of them, you unlock movie 5.

Now I just want movies 6 and 7, as well as the 3 skins I haven't unlocked yet. Icon hunting time!

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Okay.....

I got every token. It was a huge pain in the ass. I'm still short about half the cubes, half the images, and the last couple movies. But I'll wait until there's a code to unlock those...

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Jazz's sumo mission on the last autobot level is incredibly annoying. Basically, you can't whack anyone out of the ring; you have to throw something at them to knock them down and then pick 'em up... But it's bullshit because the throw system sucks in this game. You have to get enough distance to not be attacked by the guys; but at that range you have a high chance to miss, or even worse: hit the guy and have absolutly no effect. (I threw like five trees at one guy and he didn't fall down ONCE). And then when you finally DO knock a guy down, there's an incredibly high chance he'll get knocked very far away, but not far enough to get knocked out the ring, and by the time you get to him, he'll get back up.

No way in hell I can do 18 in the time alloted.. I barely got 11 on my best run.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Jazz's sumo mission on the last autobot level is incredibly annoying. Basically, you can't whack anyone out of the ring; you have to throw something at them to knock them down and then pick 'em up... But it's bullshit because the throw system sucks in this game. You have to get enough distance to not be attacked by the guys; but at that range you have a high chance to miss, or even worse: hit the guy and have absolutly no effect. (I threw like five trees at one guy and he didn't fall down ONCE). And then when you finally DO knock a guy down, there's an incredibly high chance he'll get knocked very far away, but not far enough to get knocked out the ring, and by the time you get to him, he'll get back up.

No way in hell I can do 18 in the time alloted.. I barely got 11 on my best run.

Trees almost never work on those guys. Gotta use something metal.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man all the talk between the different versions is messing me up, unless everyone is talking about the DS version?

Anyways, going to nab my DS copy today. I'm thinking decepticon, for once...or did they give up the fight?

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This level on the Autobots DS version is driving me nuts, its happy landings I think. I have to destroy these turrets and I can kill the first 4, then it sends me to kill 4 more by a courthouse, but they are on rooftops. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get on to these rooftops and kill these turrets. Any tips?

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So uhhh...I got the Decepticon version. But I'm holding it sealed, like I betrayed Optimus or something. I mean...it's ok to be evil, right?

So, not everyone playing this is an autobot right? D:

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Optimus would be disappointed in you.

Hell, if he told me to kill you, I would.

No hesitation.
    Traitor. He'd defend you and this is how you repay him.

devoir on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Just beat the Suburbs part, the following cutscene caused my 360 to freeze.

No big deal.

Try to turn it back on, the 360 Splash screen freezes.

Worry begins to set in.

Try again a few minutes later, game loads and I get to the main menu and it freezes again.

The game is killing my 360.

Killing...

or reformatting?

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alright, I finished the cybertron missions. They're just survival missions to beat 35 enemies, and once you do both of them, you unlock movie 5.

Now I just want movies 6 and 7, as well as the 3 skins I haven't unlocked yet. Icon hunting time!

I have 6 unlocked. I just got 100% on the Decepticon side. I'm going to wait till I see the movie tomorrow to finish the Autobot side (in the dam atm). Getting 100 tokens in each stage wasn't bad except the barricade stage. Man, not being able to fly makes finding every one of those things a bitch. I'm not looking forward to it on the Autobot side.

But I have to do it.

But the last couple missions on the Decepticon side were pretty sweet. Man; when the game is good the game is good. But when it's frustrating it's infuriating.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Masume wrote: »

Nope! Join the Eroticons!

http://ds.transformersgame.com/clans/79

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Trees almost never work on those guys. Gotta use something metal.

Doesn't fucking help that Jazz sucks for shit at picking stuff up. (Usually he just bumps it out of range) and the fact that you have to pick shit up/carrying it makes you slow as hell prevents you from being able to line up your shots, meaning nine times out of ten when you finally manage to hit one of the fuckers, he flies far, far away.. but not fucking far enough to knock him out of the arena. He's still far enough away that there is no chance in hell you'll be able to get close enough to pick him up and throw him though, so as you futily try and run towards him, and rappidly thrash b trying to pick him up before he gets up, he'll get up and pretty much interrupt any further attempt at picking up any other items to get him with when he's so close to the edge.

Oh yeah, the fact that cars are the only metal thing that really has any chance of consistantly knocking these guys down only spawn on the fucking edge of the map, so you'll be throwing it inwards 9/10ths of the time, thus repeating hte "flies really far away but doesn't hit the edge of the ring" issue.

SO fucking frustrating.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Masume wrote: »

Nope! Join the Eroticons!

http://ds.transformersgame.com/clans/79

Eroticons? EROTICONS? I don't think so DECEPTICUNT!

Join the Autoerotibots and fight for justice and peace!!

http://ds.transformersgame.com/clans/99

Also we are winning :D

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited July 2007

What are you talking about man we are way higher in the rankings than you are.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I think he means Autobots in general

And it's about fucking time, too

Green on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Green wrote: »

Even though we are "only" ranked 8 out of the Decepticons, and the Autoerotibots are 4th in the Autobot rankings, notice that the HIGHEST RANKED Autobot clan is slot 14 in the overall rankings.

So it's like, we are the REAL number eight, and you chumps are number twenty.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Green wrote: »

Even though we are "only" ranked 8 out of the Decepticons, and the Autoerotibots are 4th in the Autobot rankings, notice that the HIGHEST RANKED Autobot clan is slot 14 in the overall rankings.

So it's like, we are the REAL number eight, and you chumps are number twenty.

I'm not talking about the clans

Allspark fragments, we've got two victories in a row

Green on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh.

So?

We can win them back.

DarkPrimus on