Options

Powerful scenes (Here be spoilers men, Arrggg!)

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »
    SPOILER THE INVINCIBLE BITS YOU FOOL

Oh lord, that was what? 2 years ago?
    ...and?

Invincible is a series that constantly gets new readers and the big huge jaw-dropping reveal is considered a no-no to spoil.

It's a thread called "Powerful Scenes"

That should have given away that there are spoilers in here

Algertman on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    SPOILER THE INVINCIBLE BITS YOU FOOL

Oh lord, that was what? 2 years ago?
    ...and?

Invincible is a series that constantly gets new readers and the big huge jaw-dropping reveal is considered a no-no to spoil.

It's a thread called "Powerful Scenes"

That should have given away that there are spoilers in here
    and look back in the thread.

Most of the spoilery scenes are in ,shockingly enough, spoiler tags.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    i too am totally sick of that part being the thing everyone throws a hissy-fit keeping it a big hush-hush secret.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And with the power at my disposal the thread title shall be altered!

The thor thread reminds me that the line "Ultron! We would have words with thee!" as Thor bashed down a wall after fighting an army of Ultron bots that had slaughtered a country was pretty epic. Pretty much the pinnacle of what an Avengers story should be in my mind.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A couple of recent ones I liked were the Sensational Spider-Man Annual, especially the
    "... I don't suppose you've met my husband, The Amazing Spider-Man."
    at which point Peter crashes through the window, and saves MJ from a room full of highly trained
    S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

and from 'The Other' storyline(which was crap, but I still love the line)
    "Mary-Jane, if you're ever in trouble, even if I have to escape from Hell itself, I <i>will</i> be there for you."

There's probably others, but I can't think of more off the top of my head.

Interpreter on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That scene in Onslaught
    I mean come on, for a 10 year old kid, to see all the big heroes of the world... AND MOTHER FUCKING DR.DOOM
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That scene in Onslaught
    I mean come on, for a 10 year old kid, to see all the big heroes of the world... AND MOTHER FUCKING DR.DOOM
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

that was an awe-inspiring moment. the "...of Marvels" line in the corner really captures it.

.....and hulk carrying 2 X-men in his hands.

delphinus on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    3 xmen and dr.doom

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    3 xmen and dr.doom

Well, to be exact it looks like Doom is more riding the Hulk.

Doom is carried by no one!

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    <koff>

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    That scene in Onslaught
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

that was an awe-inspiring moment. the "...of Marvels" line in the corner really captures it.

Very nice, although the one Reed is holding doesn't look very happy about it. ;)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A scene that always stands out in my mind is the last issue of the Odyssey arc in Peter David's Captain Marvel volume 2.
    In the future, Marv's son has allied himself with the Magus and they threaten the universe. Marv is going to fight his son and his son has a long monologue that it will be an epic battle and legends will spawn from it for years to come and the very mountains will quake. In his first attack he passes right through Marv and eventually disappears. We see why in the next couple of pages.

Marv goes back to his own time and decides to kill his son while he is a babe in the crib.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Very nice, although the one Reed is holding doesn't look very happy about it. ;)

There's a reason why you can only see four fingers on his left hand.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    that's just wrong
    antmanfunnyrm5.jpg

Algertman on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That scene in Onslaught
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

Why is Cyclops looking the complete opposite way from everyone else?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wait

Where's Spidey in that picture?

I'd imagine he wouldn't want to miss a big ole' heroes gathering.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    That scene in Onslaught
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

Laser portals for eyes!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That scene in Onslaught
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

Laser portals for eyes!

Stop that.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That scene in Onslaught
    mrvlonslghpg08.jpg

Because he had just received a ten tonne beatdown from Onslaught and Cap is picking him up off the ground.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I posted this back in the old "sad scenes" thread, but I think it still works here.

A little story about what happens to a 5th dimension imp when magic goes screwy.

Good ol' Mxy

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wait

Where's Spidey in that picture?

I'd imagine he wouldn't want to miss a big ole' heroes gathering.

Spider-Man was one of the Heroes who didn't get sucked into the alternate dimension during the Onslaught/Heroes Reborn thing. If I recall correctly.

devoir on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So I just read the first Walking Dead Trade...

Idunno if anyone mentioned this yet but
    When the Main Character get's the horse and decides to talk to the horse about the best day of his life to try and take his mind off of the horrible thing's he's seen so far that day. He goes on to talk about the brith of his son and what he felt like when he first saw him. He stops mid-story saying somthing to the effect that thinking about the good times only made him feel worse.

also
    When the Main Character's little boy shoots the Main Character's Partner at the end. And when he realized exactly what he did and the implications of it he exclaims "It's a lot diffrent than killing the ones that are already dead..." to which his dad replies that "It Should" as he holds his son in his arms.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    So I just read the first Walking Dead Trade...

Idunno if anyone mentioned this yet but
    When the Main Character get's the horse and decides to talk to the horse about the best day of his life to try and take his mind off of the horrible thing's he's seen so far that day. He goes on to talk about the brith of his son and what he felt like when he first saw him. He stops mid-story saying somthing to the effect that thinking about the good times only made him feel worse.

also
    When the Main Character's little boy shoots the Main Character's Partner at the end. And when he realized exactly what he did and the implications of it he exclaims "It's a lot diffrent than killing the ones that are already dead..." to which his dad replies that "It Should" as he holds his son in his arms.
    "WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!" -- Was a powerful moment that the series needed badly. As a zombie-genre fan, I felt that much of TWD was very rehashed and somewhat just sort of paying homage, but that quote really gave it a bit more for me to like about it.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That quote is a rehash. I mean, the idea that we ourselves are zombies has been around since at least as long ago as the first time Romero depicted the undead storming a mall. It's a short leap to a character outright declaring it for the audience.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That quote is a rehash. I mean, the idea that we ourselves are zombies has been around since at least as long ago as the first time Romero depicted the undead storming a mall. It's a short leap to a character outright declaring it for the audience.

Very valid point.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    I posted this back in the old "sad scenes" thread, but I think it still works here.

A little story about what happens to a 5th dimension imp when magic goes screwy.

Good ol' Mxy

My favorite part of that is he offers to help him before he realizes who it is.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Good ol' Mxy

My favorite part of that is he offers to help him before he realizes who it is.

He's the goddamn Superman.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    weenus wrote: »
    I didn't see it posted in here but it is without a doubt my favorite line in any comic, although, its somewhat out of the context of a 'powerful moment'.

Shortly after horrifically burning an inmate's face with boiling hot cooking fat, as Rorschach is being dragged through the prison he states to the other prisoners; "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."
    impulserorschach.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    I didn't see it posted in here but it is without a doubt my favorite line in any comic, although, its somewhat out of the context of a 'powerful moment'.

Shortly after horrifically burning an inmate's face with boiling hot cooking fat, as Rorschach is being dragged through the prison he states to the other prisoners; "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."
    impulserorschach.jpg

That is awesome. What's that from?

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    JoeUser wrote: »

impulserorschach.jpg

Impulse #2

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

impulserorschach.jpg

Impulse #2

I must have that. The only Impulse thing I can find is Reckless Youth, but I can't seem to find which issues that covers. Do you know if it's in there?

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

impulserorschach.jpg

Impulse #2

I must have that. The only Impulse thing I can find is Reckless Youth, but I can't seem to find which issues that covers. Do you know if it's in there?

It is. It covers like #1 to 6 of Impulse and his introductory issues in The Flash

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the most powerful scene I've read is in Watchmen
    the whole bit with the cops chasing Rorschach through that house and then especially the panel in which he yells for his face back

Menace on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Menace wrote: »
    I think the most powerful scene I've read is in Watchmen
    the whole bit with the cops chasing Rorschach through that house and then especially the panel in which he yells for his face back

Rorschach gets most of the best lines in that book.
    The bit at the very end where Manhatten has to kill him for instance

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bart's Funeral:
    dead1.jpg
    dead2a.jpg
    dead2b.jpg
    dead3.jpg
    dead4.jpg
    dead5.jpg
    dead7.jpg
    dead8.jpg

:cry:

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is Ravager texting people during Bart's funeral?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It would have been much more powerful if the art didn't suck so much

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, the art is terrible. But the writing is top-notch.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I thought the latest issue of ASS (ololz) had some "powerful" dialogue with Zibarro.

Poor bastard.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Is Ravager texting people during Bart's funeral?

looks like a dildo to me

Algertman on