As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON]Space Station 13

• Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm just confused as to what Watered actually broke. Shit, name two things he touched.

Goomba makes it sound like he had such a hard job of arresting whomever he wanted to for indefinite periods.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    I'm just confused as to what Watered actually broke. Shit, name two things he touched.

Goomba makes it sound like he had such a hard job of arresting whomever he wanted to for indefinite periods.
    Have you ever tried to catch people running around? I don't think you fucking have. jesus fucking christ, we had this same exact fucking conversation last time we played.

And you know what the conclusion was? Don't run like a jackass.
    That's not too hard for even you to grasp, is it? I would hope not, but it probably is. Also agrooagoao haha because that somehow makes your point. Some guy saying weird stuff = some guy running from the police, right? Duh, of course it is.

And that flashbang? I went to look at it and it started flashing so I threw it. I got flashbanged worse than any of you, you idiot.

:P

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would agree with you if Watered Down wasn't declared needing to be detained, then grabbed and then chased. Seriously, 'This dude is on the case!' should not cause officers to flip the fuck out.

Secondly, some guy was doing way more than saying weird stuff. If I had wasted as much time on him as people did on Watered Down, he'd have ben ten times as annoying and a hassle. Simply not a valid character.

EDIT: I still don't know what he broke. Seriously, the bridge windows?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I would agree with you if Watered Down wasn't declared needing to be detained, then grabbed and then chased. Seriously, 'This dude is on the case!' should not cause officers to flip the fuck out.

Secondly, some guy was doing way more than saying weird stuff. If I had wasted as much time on him as people did on Watered Down, he'd have ben ten times as annoying and a hassle. Simply not a valid character.
    No, see, :P, the part where you said you broke the glass on the bridge is what made us have to chase you down. Seriously, that's been my claim the entire time and you still haven't figured it out somehow.

Secondly, how would you have spent as much time on him? He flashbanged himself and then didn't run away again. And then he went back to, gasping here, not running away, even when he got out.

Can you not see how these are different at all?

Edit: What does the bolded part even mean? "Yeah he needed to be detained, then was grabbed, then ran away and for some reason you chased him?"?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You chased and tackled a guy for saying his awesomeness shattered the windows?

Which character of yours was the retard, again?

And actually they're sounding more the same now that you mention not struggling; Down was avoiding people, then security ran up and grabbed him, I don't recall it even being technically a chase now that I reeally think back.

Every time after that he definitely did not struggle; He asked what his crime was and for a time limit on his imprisonment, but nobody listened to him.

I was the only one who asked for Arooo man to be let out after a time limit, and let him explain himself since he wouldn't speak. He scribbled nonsense on his confession paper and then repeatedly stabbed himself.

Definitely the less disruptive character there, that howler monkey man.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You're too thick to argue with. It's just mind boggling how you completely miss points and then go on to make points that don't make sense.

"Yeah I claimed to break the window and then ran away forcing you to chase me. You didn't use real words and stabbed yourself. You're clearly the more disruptive one."

It doesn't even matter if you broke it or not, the captain thought you did and ordered you to be detained, and instead of just stopping like a reasonable person, you spouted dumb lines, which is fine for all I care, and ran, which is not fine. You can't complain about how bad it is to run away and then proceed to do it yourself, unless you're fine with being a hypocritical jerkoff.

But whatever, like I said, too thick, it's pointless to argue with you.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Goomba you don't even have the facts straight, that's what makes this all sound nonsensical. I declared arresting the crazy mute man was justified, I never said it pissed me off. I followed him to where he threw the flashbang, assisted the captain in putting him in the brig, then asked to release him. I don't recall anyone expressing that situation wasn't handled properly or was a stupid pain.

Watered Down didn't even run when it was declared to detain him, I already clarified. The found him and grabbed him, then tazed him and welded him into a locker. He only started running when he got broken out and it was clear the officers were patrolling the station set to kill, which they did.

The big key here is the form of imprisonment; the lack of justification I can deal, with if I actually have a time frame to go back to playing the game again. That's what puts it over the 'annoying' level of dealing with a mute weapon-stealer who runs up to people and throws flashbangs. If you want to arrest someone for talking funny, you don't need a big huffy excuse and twist entire facts around backwards until it sounds like you were either only harming yourself or on a yakkity-sacks trip for a convicted saboteur. Just arrest them without complaining or write them off as a twerp.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know what's fun? Being the doctor. I just drugged the traitor so heavily he had a grand mal seizure and died.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You know what's fun? Being the doctor. I just drugged the traitor so heavily he had a grand mal seizure and died.

This here is what makes the game. That and turning people into monkeys and vice versa.

I always wished there was some kind of viable use for changing your DNA with the cloner, speaking of which. Or at least one that wasn't such an arduous hassle to get samples and load them up, let alone getting someone to help you ("Hey, I just killed this security officer, help me disguise myself as him.").

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008

This here is what makes the game. That and turning people into monkeys and vice versa.

I always wished there was some kind of viable use for changing your DNA with the cloner, speaking of which. Or at least one that wasn't such an arduous hassle to get samples and load them up, let alone getting someone to help you ("Hey, I just killed this security officer, help me disguise myself as him.").

You could always take a monkey and make him into someone else for framing and profit.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    turning people into monkeys is about on par with random bombs as far as dick moves go

also, I've had stints where I play security/head personnel, and my general rule of thumb is "If you run, you forfeit every single right you may have, barring your right to life. Running proves guilt. If you do not run, I will take that under strong consideration."

It can't really be used universally, because I know a lot of security officers that lock people up and never even consider letting them out. When that's the case, of course you would run, because getting locked up is basically game over.

The five or six times I have arrested people without them physically resisting, I have released them all very shortly. Four of the times, I knew they were guilty. Not like "what are you doing in a room with a plasma tank" guilty, like "why did you shoot the captain" guilty. I didn't let them go because I'm a criminal empath or any shit like that - I let them go because I want to encourage people letting themselves be arrested without six minutes of laggy and infuriating chases.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    That makes sense, I guess. I wish there was a way to break out of the brig if you tried hard enough, but letting people out is just as good, I suppose.

And I'm (sort of) sorry, Utsanomiko, I was pretty annoyed by the dick moves from whoever was playing as a woman. Chasing the wrong traitor and then spending the rest of the next round locked up really put a damper on my mood.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm awake now, if anyone would like to join the server

BYOND://71.68.248.31:4444

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    errybody get on

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    SkulkSkulk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Did the server get taken down again?

Skulk on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    seta had to restart, it's supposedly back up now, haven't checked

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's up

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I know someone who's having problems logging in

Can you guys not log in, either, or am I particularly unpopular today

EDIT: nevermind, it seems the BYOND Hub is down

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The server's up, I don't know about the hub or whatever

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I get a connection failed message when I try to join.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Okay, okay, I totally solved the problem

The port was opening correctly

The new IP is BYOND://71.68.248.31:7845

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It works! Time to abuse my position for the benefit of the drug-less!

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Goomba wrote: »
    And I'm (sort of) sorry, Utsanomiko, I was pretty annoyed by the dick moves from whoever was playing as a woman. Chasing the wrong traitor and then spending the rest of the next round locked up really put a damper on my mood.

She really was a crazy ninja, that's for sure. I'm surprised she didn't kill me.

I suppose the point I really wanted to make was the matter of prioritizing security actions. I've played the job maybe half the time, and you generally can't go after the people doing odd or non-criminal fiddling because you'll spend the whole game going after them because almost everyone resorts to fiddling and shitting around waiting for the traitor to act. If you tell someone to stop and explain when they're busting air cans or taking pills and they run, then yes they're obviously up to something worse and don't want you to find out. If you give people the impression you're coming to arrest them first without a crime and not provide a time of release, nobody trusts security and they start fending for themselves. That's what I felt when the call went over the intercom I was crazy and had to be detained, that's all.

I always enjoy the job more when I declare personnel should declare what they're going to do/go that's abnormal and to report suspicious activity. Then they not only work with you, but the Traitor's more likely to use the system of trust & order for some actual subterfuge, which is always more interesting than waiting for a bomb to go off or a toolbox fight to finally erupt. Maybe bombs just need to be easier to hide...

Is there a way to use Atmo processing to filter unbreathable gas through the entire ship or certain rooms? I always thought that would be useful, but the system of siphoning and ventilation seems so clunky. Even the way air proliferates doesn't quite make sense (it seems like it takes forever to pump air in or out of a room with multiple siphons but you can suffocate from dropping your gas tank in ten seconds).

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So is this going right now? If so, what server?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    man people need to stop arguing about the rp factors of the game and why people did stuff and start arguing about the random deaths/bomb making.

you make me feel unloved :(

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So is this going right now? If so, what server?

The new IP is BYOND://71.68.248.31:7845

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    TalousTalous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Protip Mikuru is not the traitor and is just griefing lol

Talous on
    Glampgrotz - Black Orc - Ulthuan TSM
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i've been putting off ss13 for too long, i think stormy waters has to make an appearance soon

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't think I've played one round with Mikuru, or whoever that fuck is, without them killing everybody. And they haven't been the traitor once.

It's so fun, let me tell you.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Interesting, the formula for transforming people in the old version doesn't work, but it cures blindness.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Interesting, the formula for transforming people in the old version doesn't work, but it cures blindness.

Hmm? Why doesn't it work? Has DNA manipulation fundamentally changed, or is that a different transformation than human to monkey?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    jothki wrote: »

Hmm? Why doesn't it work? Has DNA manipulation fundamentally changed, or is that a different transformation than human to monkey?

I don't know. It just does nothing when I put them in the changing machine after messing with their DNA.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    SmokeScreenSmokeScreen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Alright, I'm getting in on this. Be kind, I'm a SS13 noob. And by "be kind" I mean wait at least 5 minutes before jettisoning me into space.

SmokeScreen on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Alright, I'm getting in on this. Be kind, I'm a SS13 noob. And by "be kind" I mean wait at least 5 minutes before jettisoning me into space.
    We don't jettison people into space anymore. It was banned during the case of George v. Board of Airlocking.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Other then the OP, is there a good beginners guide to this?

Also, my name will be Big McLargeHuge. For great justice!

SmokeScreen on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    NO! BIG!

I tried, but I got tazed.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    why the hell isn't OOC on god dammit seta

guys I am the traitor but I fucked up and can't reach anyone

we need a restart

can someone let someone know

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It's ok. I was following Captain Obama and the next thing I know I'm suffocating and dieing. Eh, such is life.

Edit: I knew we should have killed Mikuru when we had the chance....

SmokeScreen on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You know, I'm willing to give whoever Mikuru is a chance, but come on. I arrest her for like 6 minutes because she was blocking security, pulling alarms and generally being a nuisance. Apparantly this offended the mighty Mikuru, because we all got tased and murdered for it after we let her out of the brig.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mikuru really needs to get banned or stop griefing.

Gorilla Salad on
This discussion has been closed.