As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON]Space Station 13

• Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    PS still waiting for a goddamn explanation as to why I was banned

I already gave it to you, but I guess it wasn't valid because I'm an idiot, right?

What? Hell, I thought you were being sarcastic at the time, because it made no sense to me then

Because I didn't do any of that

The admins of the server thing say you did. And they're probably right. I know because the people that play SS13 are bad people.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    PS still waiting for a goddamn explanation as to why I was banned

I already gave it to you, but I guess it wasn't valid because I'm an idiot, right?

What? Hell, I thought you were being sarcastic at the time, because it made no sense to me then

Because I didn't do any of that

The admins of the server thing say you did. And they're probably right. I know because the people that play SS13 are bad people.

I want to clarify something; we are talking about the round where Samantha (Zarifeke) was traitor, right?

The very first thing that happened that round was that Sam attacked us, and I stopped her

It was very obvious that she was the traitor, and I decided I didn't want the round to end already, so I let her go

Later, I ran into her as she was being attacked, and I decided to help her as her accomplice

Traitors are allowed accomplices

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    as long as they're collaborating IC and not OOC or outside the game, then yeah it's valid to help someone who would like otherwise kill you.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would like to be beating myself with pants and possibly hats right now :(

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    as long as they're collaborating IC and not OOC or outside the game, then yeah it's valid to help someone who would like otherwise kill you.

This is what happened

I'm pretty convinced the admins have a grudge against me between the fact that Goomba hates me and the others probably don't like me because of Mikuru

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Seta, do you have your server up, or are you just waiting to get into the other one?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Alright, you're unbanned. I just find it extremely suspicious when the Head of Security decides to help out the traitor on a whim, and with almost no discussion or pleading ingame.
    Try to play this straight people, please? It's really alot more fun when you do.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is there a way to pry open airlocks that are unpowered? Crowbar doesn't seem to do the trick.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    CelethangCelethang Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thank you.

Celethang on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Alright, you're unbanned. I just find it extremely suspicious when the Head of Security decides to help out the traitor on a whim, and with almost no discussion or pleading ingame.
    Try to play this straight people, please? It's really alot more fun when you do.

I took him out of the cell, told him what I was doing, gave him his ID, then shot myself with his gun to stage his break

It was RP

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    I just want to say that I had no part in this and can only ban people from the round.

So stop spreading lies, Seta, because I do rule with a somewhat iron yet mostly bronze fist.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wabbitehwabbiteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would be interested in trying this. How I make game work? I downloaded the BYOND thingy, and that's about it.

wabbiteh on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is the server working right now? I didn't reconnect after the reboot and now it won't start the game after I connect to the server.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Goomba wrote: »
    I just want to say that I had no part in this and can only ban people from the round.

So stop spreading lies, Seta, because I do rule with a somewhat iron yet mostly bronze fist.

I think everyone is having problems joining the game

When I'm told I'm banned, and then I can't get in, I assume the worst

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    something about not being able to connect to the hub?

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    How do you set a fire?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rygar wrote: »
    How do you set a fire?

Turn on a welder and attack a plasma can. Or, release the plasma in a can and then use an active welder.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Or the fire bomb in atmo, or the the igniters in engineering.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well that was an interesting example of accomplices.

As HoP, I suit up and immediately head down through the station, finding a body in storage in less than two minutes of the game starting, and take it to med bay. I find out toxic damage killed him, which I niform the doctor there.

Rather than start a panic in the station or broadcast , I go to the bridge and inform Mike and Captain Karen Far'syd about the incident. Port is there as well.

So Karen shoots me with a revolver, I exclaim 'Karen has shot me with a revolver. over the radio and get tackled by port. He tazes me with my own gun and beats me to death.

Port and Mike take me to the airlock and throw me out. Spend the rest of the game talking with the other dead guy, who turned out to be a newb who threw a wrench at a plasma tank. I told him that's not a safe thing to do and explained other dangers of the game.

The game ends and it turns out Mike was the traitor. He had to kill the engineer, who accidentally blew himself up as I recall.

Fun, although pretty non-participatory. I do rather wish they didn't talk so much about communicating with each other in voice chat about their plans and such; we didn't have all these accomplices running around the last couple nights.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Spend the rest of the game talking with the other dead guy, who turned out to be a newb who threw a wrench at a plasma tank. I told him that's not a safe thing to do and explained other dangers of the game.

I am the best.

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I do rather wish they didn't talk so much about communicating with each other in voice chat about their plans and such; we didn't have all these accomplices running around the last couple nights.

This right here is not cool. Let me know who is doing this, either via PM or the messenger links in my profile, and I will look into it, and take action if necesary.

Out of game communication will not be tolerated, plain and simple.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I do rather wish they didn't talk so much about communicating with each other in voice chat about their plans and such; we didn't have all these accomplices running around the last couple nights.

This right here is not cool. Let me know who is doing this, either via PM or the messenger links in my profile, and I will look into it, and take action if necesary.

Out of game communication will not be tolerated, plain and simple.

There was not out of game communication to do that. Teefs cornered me in the game and told me the plan when nobody else was around. Somebody else was actually in vent at the time so we had to be careful not to give out too much info.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Station Tech is really hard work. A list of things I did:

1. Disposed of bomb.
    2. Disposed of ANOTHER bomb.
    3. Medical work on toxlab leak victims.
    4. Fixing toxlab leak.
    5. Re-powering medbay with a fresh cell.
    6. Item retrieval.
    7. Re-powering the Bridge with a cell/calling shuttle.
    8. Repairing shuttle corridors.

Sheesh. It was a pretty interesting game though.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Basically those were a bitchin couple of games.

I love how there was that one where I was so damned convinced Syd was the traitor and he never let me believe he was not. And then it ended up being teefs. Although teefs had died a long time ago.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to make an engine guide tonight.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    That would be handy.

A note to add to it-- don't start the Aux engine until the gas in the reservoir has been burning for ~ 30 seconds or more. If you try to start it with cold gas, the gas will get stuck inside and the engine will never run. It's a glitch they are hoping to fix in newer versions.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sounds like a poorly designed engine to me.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to make an engine guide tonight.

You better put in the guide that the engine will not work nearly as well if the inlets are above 4% open.

Because if you don't oh fucking GOD we are going to have so many power losses.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The engine startup instructions suggest bringing it up to 10%. Why do you say 4?

Not meaning to challenge, I'm just curious.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Would a map of the room names be of help to anyone? Or am I the only one not up to speed on that?

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The engine startup instructions suggest bringing it up to 10%. Why do you say 4?

Not meaning to challenge, I'm just curious.

Anything higher and the efficiency drops.

A fucking ton. Just bringing it up to 5% drops output by at least a few thousand. At LEAST.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't know.

But I'm really tired of having to go fix up engineering because no one else knows how the damn engine works.

Every game.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    In the server now, trying to get power open to launch tfs into space, having to fix engine D:

Repox on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Which server are we all playing on?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    MechMantis wrote: »
    I don't know.

But I'm really tired of having to go fix up engineering because no one else knows how the damn engine works.

Every game.
    Then make a guide because the instructions in the game are sure as fuck wrong on what seems to be every account, assuming there are any.

4%, wait for the aux engine to heat up before using turbine, plasma in the hot cycle.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I did some playing with the turbine engine last night, and while i got it to start, and run up to about 30kW output, I couldn't seem to get that to sustain, eventually the turbine sucked part of the fire out of the main chamber, and then spun down.

The main engine is easy enough to keep up over 300kW, if you dump 3-4 canisters of plasma in it before lighting. It should get up over 1k Kelvin, which easily can sustain 250-300kW of output for a long time.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I dunno, to me it sounds like the engine really should have simpler requirements or begin the game already starting up or running sufficiently.

I bet Atmosphere Processing would be a barrel of laughs if it depended on someone beign there to adjust the air mix and fire up the cirulation system.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Its great fun to be the captain and just pick out 2 people and say "You there get the engine working. Figure it out before we all die plz."

But seriously whats the server ip cause the last couple ones posted havent worked.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
This discussion has been closed.