As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON]Space Station 13

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    75.87.217.207:45000, I think.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is the server down? Cause I can't connect :(

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think I may have to try this

Sueve on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, I've been having a lot of fun playing with you guys.

Whoever, I think his name was Brett something? is is a really rad dude, showing me the ropes late last night, didn't catch his forum name though.

That said, I'll probably be on late tonight, might give the fine-tuning engine a try because someone got it going really smoothly last night making the whole thing a lot more fun without worrying about constant power outages and all (fun as they may be on occasion.)

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We got a few on Cactus' server. We lack an iron-fisted admin.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MechMantis wrote: »
    We got a few on Cactus' server. We lack an iron-fisted admin.

You say iron-fisted, I say ham-fisted

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Seta is now banned from the server for grieving and I would say that I hope he would not take it personally but I know he will because I hate him as a person.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Goomba wrote: »
    Seta is now banned from the server for grieving and I would say that I hope he would not take it personally but I know he will because I hate him as a person.

What did he do this time that was griefing?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Artreus wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »

What did he do this time that was griefing?
    He pissed off Goomba.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Any reason why I can't connect anymore?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This pretty much sums up the last game I played.
    "HAHA I'm the captain and I escaped with my own card!
    Why didn't I win?"

I then proceed to fill the escape shuttle with explosives, and when they get on it, I'm still on it and one of the canister explodes and right before it kills me, it launches back to the secret base, making me win.

Repox on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Well I just played a round as the traitor without noticing that I was the traitor. I'm lame.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Every time it goes awhile without something bad happening, I scroll back to see if just maybe I was the traitor and somehow missed it.

Really though, I'm due. I've never been traitor once out of all the games I've played thus far.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is why I think that SS13 would be better if EVERYBODY was a traitor.

Maybe you could play in "honest guy" mode, where one guy isn't a traitor.

Garthor on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I was almost the traitor
    Which would be shitty

Me Too! on
  • Options
    taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'd like to try my hand at getting the engine running

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So I've learned to stick with Security.
    And I need to read the OP and learn to assemble shit for the next time I'm traitor
    I really don't want to ask how to assemble a bomb

Me Too! on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Toxic research is a good time to learn how to build a bomb.

Just ask the captain before doing it.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    My other question is:
    When I use the screwdriver on the remote signaling device, do I switch to the hand with the driver and double click the hand with the RSD in it, or what?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    My other question is:
    When I use the screwdriver on the remote signaling device, do I switch to the hand with the driver and double click the hand with the RSD in it, or what?

Yeah, I think.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sorry about the OOC, folks.
    I figured occasional OOC was alright since I'm dead.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Going insane is quite fun in this game.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Trying to rescue the captain, I soon die after he takes me out of my craft before I can put my oxygen back on.

Damn.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    End the game, dammit!

jothki on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Please.
    I need something to do when we're getting our asses kicked on Halo.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I hid in the closet and watched someone get murdered, then stole their cloaking device, then electrocuted myself.

I also figured out how to move the reinforced windows and it's two more steps than normal windows and pretty obvious.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Mweehheheehehehe

The cloaking device is my friend. The only reason I lost that round was because I didn't bop the Thermal-wearing Skulk when I had the chance. I could have done it early game, but I was all "Naaaah, let's draw this out, see if I can make anyone insane and throw people off my trail."

It didn't work.

Mistake 2 was throwing the tazer Skulk gave to me oh-so-nicely as propulsion.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So someone needs to tell me what needs to happen to get the auxillery engine running. I can get a fire burning just fine, but after running the starter on the turbine it just winds down and never pulls the flames.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Also don't strip at the start of the round because the games punishes you for it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So this game was fun as hell, looking forward to playing again tomorrow, especially now that I'm finding my way around a little more.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ok, so here's how my night went
    I get the engines running and powering, another tech gets the power diverted, and together we have the station humming. We are almost literally shitting excess power.

The time comes to get the hell out, so I power off the engines so that a saboteur can't come in and cause a really nice sized explosion, get to the pod bay, eject the pod, fly around to the shuttle bay, and someone yanks me from my fucking pod, sans oxygen, and tazes me. Needless to say I die.

And the best part is that, even after everyone died due to various misfortunes encountered, the traitor was found out only when the survivors escaped on the shuttle.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So I spent most of the last round as the traitor lurking around with a cloak. In the morgue. Without a cloak. And I wasn't the traitor. And I was dead.

Didn't stop several people from suspecting me when they checked the engine's report.

By the end, six people had died in the little walkway under the shuttle bay, including me.

jothki on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I like how everyone went batshit when I lit the engine. Then people complain about the lights.

Just cant please some people..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nuts, hub server is down right now. I try to avoid taking the cloak, since you can just beat half the station to death without good security officers. But dammit, I'm gonna mess with your heads the next time I'm traitor.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2008
    Ahahah, I was the captain and traitor. I had hidden a bomb on the bridge, got everyone up there, and they suspected me for gathering everyone in one place so they handcuffed me while they stayed on the bridge to discuss if I was guilty.

The dumbass security guard, to prove his point, took the detonator out of my belt, and PRESSED it.

I think some guy in engineering lived.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Rygar wrote: »
    Ahahah, I was the captain and traitor. I had hidden a bomb on the bridge, got everyone up there, and they suspected me for gathering everyone in one place so they handcuffed me while they stayed on the bridge to discuss if I was guilty.

The dumbass security guard, to prove his point, took the detonator out of my belt, and PRESSED it.

I think some guy in engineering lived.

Hey, I am not a dumbass, I am inquisitive and I wanted to know what that thing on your belt was.

edit: also I was not that dumb, I blocked the exit so you could not run out and kill us all.

Also yes, that guy in engineering did survive, he took the time to gather all of our bodies into a closet and drag it to the ship.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Nice.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damnit, I was going so well. I'd gotten captured, convinced another stationeer that I wasn't the traitor and that my captor was, then I choked that guy to death in the brig while the other guy went to maintain the engines and I threw another dude out the airlock after stun-gunning him. Then I accidentally went out an airlock myself and before I realized my mistake I was unconscious. It was over by the plasma... heater... thing.

That last guy was going to get shot to death too...

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm still pissed off about getting tazed by friendlies.
    But hearing that someone pushed the detonate button for the traitor makes me feel much better.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    MikalTheLegMikalTheLeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm still pissed off about getting tazed by friendlies.
    If it makes you feel better, I was the one that tazed you when you were in the escape pod, and I was the traitor.

MikalTheLeg on
This discussion has been closed.