So go play?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So go play?

My backlog is already big enough... I need to stay focused on that first. But I'm weak, and will probably see you guys on tonight. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Please tell me BYOND doesn't work with Vista. I, too, am weak and while not really having the time to play this I can't help but get sucked in by your stories.

Arrath on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Arrath wrote: »
    Please tell me BYOND doesn't work with Vista. I, too, am weak and while not really having the time to play this I can't help but get sucked in by your stories.
    Sorry to say, BYOND works fine on Vista. I'm actually running the server on my Vista laptop.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    So go play?

My backlog is already big enough... I need to stay focused on that first. But I'm weak, and will probably see you guys on tonight. :P

Pssh I'm busy playing other stuff too. That doesn't mean I can't pop in for a game or two.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So, reasons why games with 3 people are bad.

I immediately picked up the cent. com report, found the traitor to be Rick Mason, and then the other 2 people and I beat the shit out of him. Then we shove him in the Mass Driver. We didn't even know his goal.

End of the game, turns out he was supposed to kill me. But No one can kill me, HAL MOTHERFUCKING EMMERICH!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I immediately picked up the cent. com report, found the traitor to be Rick Mason, and then the other 2 people and I beat the shit out of him. Then we shove him in the Mass Driver. We didn't even know his goal.

End of the game, turns out he was supposed to kill me. But No one can kill me, HAL MOTHERFUCKING EMMERICH!

Shoulda kept my mouth shut and killed you when I first saw you.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Arrath wrote: »
    Sorry to say, BYOND works fine on Vista. I'm actually running the server on my Vista laptop.

Well shit. I'll be reporting for duty* sometime tonight then.

*getting whacked upside the head with a toolbox

Arrath on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    The head is a horrible spot to aim. The legs are much better, or the throat.

Good ol' throat.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Eyes > all.

Of course, it's a pain in the goddamn ass to target them.

Garthor on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    one time someone blinded me, that really sucked because you get to stare at a black screen for the rest of the match, until you get killed because hell, killing a blind guy is a plus for everyone

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    one time someone blinded me, that really sucked because you get to stare at a black screen for the rest of the match, until you get killed because hell, killing a blind guy is a plus for everyone

Running someone through the DNA accelerator should remove induced disabilities as well as genetic ones.

jothki on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    jothki wrote: »

Running someone through the DNA accelerator should remove induced disabilities as well as genetic ones.

thats all fine and well, except when the only doctor doesn't know how to do that is the only one helping you

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shabooty wrote: »

Shoulda kept my mouth shut and killed you when I first saw you.
    I was planning on beating you anyway.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    When it's just 3 people it's every man for himself.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God!
    So I'm the Toxin Researcher traitor on the crappier than usual connection, I'm restarting the game every five or ten minutes.
    1) Can't act fast enough to test how a bomb reacts inside a backpack (which is was also containing the cloaking device that I popped out of the radio to see how cool it was)
    2)ALL of the station's security are constantly checking on me and of course get to the backpack first while I'm standing there unable to move.
    3)They don't arrest me until much later though, because I can't talk and somebody was sticking up for me?
    4)Smooth Lawbider, a member of security, detains me but I cannot talk till later.
    5)I'm released for good behavior, and because the other security guy suspects that Smooth is the traitor.
    6)I'm free, so I go for my objective: Grab a plasma cannister. I take some orange cannister with a P on it from Med Bay, I'm not sure if that's what I was supposed to grab.
    7)Smooth goes on a killing rampage? Lots of officers were being dragged around unconscious.
    8)I wait for the shuttle that was called.
    9)1 minute till it's called I'm called to security and knocked out (with an apology)
    10)I awaken with 1 minute and 30 seconds till the shuttle leaves and dash to the docking area, my connection is rawking!

Lag hits me halfway there, I BSoD.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I never killed anyone and I have a complete journal that explains my actions that were also completely logical.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Goomba wrote: »
    I never killed anyone and I have a complete journal that explains my actions that were also completely logical.

I didn't say it yet this thread. This game if for griefers and those that enjoy getting greifed.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »

I didn't say it yet this thread. This game if for griefers and those that enjoy getting greifed.
    It's grieved. And I don't let that shit happen when I'm on, but okay. Thanks for the insight.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Most admins consider locking someone in a locker worse than killing them, because then they just stare at the same screen all game.

Make no mistake, you were griefing.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bremen wrote: »

Most admins consider locking someone in a locker worse than killing them, because then they just stare at the same screen all game.

Yeah, see, no. I didn't incapacitate him and I wrote in a journal where he was so he could get out. Sorry.

And its' grieving, for the second time.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Yeah, see, no. I didn't incapacitate him and I wrote in a journal where he was so he could get out. Sorry.

Grieving is crying for a lost loved one. Griefing is intentionally causing grief to others.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=grieving

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Griefer

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't go around shouting "powned", either. I'm almost sorry I don't use your incorrect blahblahblah.

The point is, the difference is one you lock them in for the entire game so they just sit there. In my way, I locked him in there so I wouldn't get caught and it was faster than kill him, and I told the people where he was with my journal. Also, there was a very good IC reason.

It's kinda different than "Oh hey I want his stuff, security. Oh, you're not giving it to me, well then I'll just kill you, too!" Just barely, I guess.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I didn't know being locked in a locker mostly makes people happy. I thought it caused them grief.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You're right. I'm going to make a new list of rules today ensuring that everyone is happy.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ugh. I was traitor for the second time just now. I really do hate it, I can't stand all the lying and misleading I do. Makes me feel sick.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    ApharmdApharmd Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'll try and come in tonight. Perhaps this time I'll get the config right and remember to make Tona a girl.

Apharmd on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Grieving is crying for a lost loved one. Griefing is intentionally causing grief to others.

It sure does seem like those last two definitions for grieve fit the bill.

Bama on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Crazy game last night! I was the only sane security guard in the place, who subsequently is the one who is never listened to. I loved how I got double teamed* by two security guards, and when I cuffed them and refused to let them go, they complained. Good game, though!
    *:winky:

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    TalousTalous Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ugh. I was traitor for the second time just now. I really do hate it, I can't stand all the lying and misleading I do. Makes me feel sick.

I love this game.

Talous on
    Glampgrotz - Black Orc - Ulthuan TSM
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Talous wrote: »

I love this game.

Yeah, it is pretty fun, I just won by barricading myself in the medbay. The traitor ended up forgetting his id. He was calling for help but, whoops, I'm trapped in the medbay with no welders can't help, sorry.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bama wrote: »

I see no object connected to the verb.

jothki on
  • Options
    AkootAkoot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Talous wrote: »

I love this game.

Yeah, it is pretty fun, I just won by barricading myself in the medbay. The traitor ended up forgetting his id. He was calling for help but, whoops, I'm trapped in the medbay with no welders can't help, sorry.

Electrocuted myself, forgot my ID, got to the shuttle just in time but couldn't open the airlock.

woooops.

Akoot on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I've taken Pika's wise words into consideration and have written up some new rules.
    New Rules wrote:
    Traitor Mode is banned.

Brig off-limis.

Being anything other than a perfectly normal character is a bannable offense.

Doing anything without first getting approval from your boss is a bannable offense.

OOC disabled.

Rounds restart ONLY when the round ends on it's own accord.

Any experiementation with creating things (walls, windows, etc) outside of sandbox mode is banned.

Having tasers, handcuffs, etc is a bannable offense. Having a toolbox is a warning and a kick.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Winston ChurchillWinston Churchill __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I've taken Pika's wise words into consideration and have written up some new rules.
    New Rules wrote:
    Traitor Mode is banned.

Brig off-limis.

Doing anything without first getting approval from your boss is a bannable offense.

OOC disabled.

Any experiementation with creating things (walls, windows, etc) outside of sandbox mode is banned.

Having tasers, handcuffs, etc is a bannable offense. Having a toolbox is a warning and a kick.

Your sarcasm has been noted
    Note: Sarcasm

Winston Churchill on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    New Rules wrote:
    Traitor Mode is banned.

Brig off-limis.

OOC disabled.

Are these rules serious?

Toolboxes? I realize they are deadly but how about for those who should be carrying them (Station Tech, Atmo, Engineering). I can understand security taking someone down who is outright ignoring orders, but some jobs even start holding toolboxes.

EDIT:
    Fair enough, you got me. I'm relieved.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think I've been muzzled and jailed for being gay. Like, REALLY gay. Uncomfortably gay.

Winston Churchill on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So if goomba is serious, he really IS an insufferable cunt.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Ooooh, I'm talking about love poems about the Captain's piggy eyes, gimp mask, and prison rape love here.

Winston Churchill on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    jothki wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »

I see no object connected to the verb.
    Fair enough, I hadn't considered the original post in the quote tree. However, "griefing" is still a made up word and the sentence "Make no mistake, you were grieving people," would have worked.

Bama on
This discussion has been closed.