*Note that all information in this thread is subject to change between now and August, but I will do my best to finalize everything as soon as possible.*
This thread is for rules, registration guidelines, updates, schedules, and questions regarding console tournaments ONLY. This thread will NOT cover byoc activities (other than the WoW tournament), console freeplay, console tournament, or any other events, including handheld, tabletop, etc.Schedule
Friday August 24th
5:00pm - 7:00pm: World of Warcraft (BYOC Only!)
7:30pm - 1:00am: Battlefield 2Saturday, August 25th
12:00pm - 3:30pm: Counter Strike: Source Preliminaries
4:30pm - 7:30pm: Half Life 2 Deathmatch
8:30pm - 1:00am: Counter Strike: Source FinalsSunday, August 26th
12:00pm - 5:00pm: World in ConflictRegistration
- Registration for ALL PC tournaments begins on Friday, August 24th, right outside of the PC tournament area.
- Sign-ups for Saturday and Sunday tournaments will be limited on Friday. Unrestricted registration begins the morning of a specific event, meaning sign-ups for Sunday are also restricted through Saturday. See an individual tournament's section below for more information.
- Each tournament has two lists: Main and Standby. Once the Main list has been filled up, you can only sign up on Standby. This means you can only enter the tournament if someone from the Main list fails to show up (odds of this happening are generally pretty good). Entrees from Standby are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only full teams will be signed up, and it is your job to join and/or create a team, although we will help you in that task as best we can. It is recommended you linger around the pc tournament area at signup time, and at tournament time and your chances of joining a team will be Pretty Good.
- All tournaments minus the World of Warcraft tournament will be exclusively using tournament computers provided by Intel. You will be allowed to bring over your mice and keyboards and customize your configurations, you will not be allowed to load software of any kind including special mouse drivers, mods/mutators, aimbots, pr0n, deadly viruses that will kill our network, or utilities that break into top secret government facilities.
- If you sign up for a tournament, please be there. If you decide you will be unable to, check in with us and let us know so we can open up a spot for someone else.
- As a general rule, it's a good idea to show up at least 20 minutes in advance of each tournament, and that will give you time to configure your settings and warm up before the tournament begins.
- We should be able to sit teams next together for the most part, but in cases where we can't, Ventrilo servers will be available. Feel free to ask if you'd like one and we'll provide you with password information.
- In team games, please take care in choosing a team captain. Pick someone responsible. Being tall or otherwise easily found in crowd can also help.
---World of Warcraft
Admin: Mike "Shocker" Baum
When: Friday 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Format: Single Character Race
Player Cap: 32 (may be bumped up to 64)
Rules: Top Secret, TBA at Tournament Time
This is to ensure fairness, any WoW tournament where you can use your normal characters gives the opportunity for you to prepare for the tournament in various, unavoidable ways.
You will be using your primary characters, and while it's hard to have a completely level independent contest, pretty much anyone level 40 or above will have a good shot at winning.
Also note, that while the description is a "race", that's not to be taken literally. This is not a "get from here to there as quickly as you can". That would be dumb and boring.
When: Friday, 7:30pm - 1:00am
Format: 6 v 6 Single Elimination
Team Cap: 16 Teams (96 Players)Rules
Game Mode: Conquest
Two rounds, 20 minutes each
Winner determined by rounds won
Starting side randomly determined
Using CAL Config
Expansions Not Used
16 Player Versions of the Following
Mastuur, Dragon, FuShe, Dailan, Karkland
Admins: Mif and Ghrog
Preliminaries: Saturday 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Finals: 8:30pm - 1:00am
Format: 5v5 Double Elimination after the first round.
Team Cap: 32 (160 Players)Rules:
15 Round Halves
1:45 Round Timer
15 Second Buy Time
35 Second C4 Timer
Star Money $800
First to 16 Wins
First round is single Elimination, then Double Elimination.
Dust2, Piranesi, Inferno, Season, Nuke, Contra, Train
When: Saturday 4:30pm - 7:30pm
Format: Free For All
Player Cap: 128Rules:
15 Minute Rounds
8 Player Games
Top 4 in Each Server Move On
Overwatch, Lockdown, Steamlab, Powerhouse
---World in Conflict
(With $20,000 in prizes!)
When: Sunday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Format: 5v5 Single Elimination
Player Cap: 16 teams (80 players)Rules:
Game Mode: Domination
3 Rounds, 20 Minutes Each
Winner determined by Rounds Won
Starting Side by Coin Toss
$10,000 in prizes goes to the first place team.
$5,000 goes to the second place team.
$2,500 goes to each the third and fourth place teams.