Options

Pokemon Tournament: Blue Blue Wins!

• Options
    Shujin KatanaShujin Katana ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    first of all, flying isn't SE against ground, second of all, i will not tell you what moves his skarmory had

Shujin Katana on
    DP: 0902 9415 9324
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I guess you caught on to my clever ruse.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    NozzNozz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm here.

Catching up on posts, one minute

Nozz on
    4811 3493 4349: Pearl FC
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Playing Devil's (Shujin's) Advocate here for a moment...

I've fought, like, 2 people that basically only saw my Scizor and Toxicroak.

That's a 6 Pokeyman sweep with just 2 guys.

Unlikely, yes. But still. Shit happens.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nozz wrote: »
    I'm here.

Catching up on posts, one minute

tl;dr (or whatever): fight again.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Playing Devil's (Shujin's) Advocate here for a moment...

I've fought, like, 2 people that basically only saw my Scizor and Toxicroak.

That's a 6 Pokeyman sweep with just 2 guys.

Unlikely, yes. But still. Shit happens.

Yes it does. :P

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yep, I could've taken out Narian without even revealing my Magmortar (and possibly Umbreon as well), but I felt that it would be kinda bad to kill him with only a fraction of my power.

Still, I did take down, like, half his team with just Hitmontop... Mind if I gloat a bit? :P

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    the only thing is, in the event of a rematch, i feel like my trick room strategy was very important to be kept under wraps, and he'll have an advantage, but i'm not really worried about it

anyway, win or lose pokemon, i'm eating chinese as we speak

i win at life

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yep, I could've taken out Narian without even revealing my Magmortar (and possibly Umbreon as well), but I felt that it would be kinda bad to kill him with only a fraction of my power.

Still, I did take down, like, half his team with just Hitmontop... Mind if I gloat a bit? :P

I think I had a nightmare about the Top that night....D:

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm the first to admit that a pokemon battle can really blow your mind, and I will agree that my presuming to be the victor would be off base. In this spirit, I call for a rematch, at your soonest convenience. I'm definitely not going out again tonight, so I am at your mercy.

Let the semifinals begin, once again.
    My quick notes about what I read in the previous posts, and wasn't here to address:

my gyarados does indeed have waterfall
    trick room wasn't up, it was turn 6 after you cast it last
    im drunk
    you would be lucky to two hit my blissey, IMHO. We should try it, I'd like to know, I don't think I've ever actually let my blissey be hit by one! But the damage calcs say that max def evs/ivs really cuts the damage

Nozz on
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hey guys does anyone know of like a trial version for a good movie editor? Basically all I need is to
    1. Insert mp3s
    2. Speed up

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yes. Bow before the Top, or you shall endure a life of pain.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm pretty sure Blue is going to tear me a new one and outpredict the shit out of me knowing my strategy but I'll have to bust out some craziness

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i could battle again right now if you want, just give me like 5 minutes to finish eating this chinese

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I really hope you mean chinese food...

Does that mean we'll have a result in an hour? ;-)

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nozz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Blue is going to tear me a new one and outpredict the shit out of me knowing my strategy but I'll have to bust out some craziness

Honestly all I know about your strategy is "use attacks on the other guy". I was pretty proud to get shujin to confirm the dragon dance on your gyarados though, even though that's pretty much a given.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nozz, i'm entering with marowak first, enter with blissey first and i'll two shot it for you, then i'll run and we can rematch legitimately

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    hahaha

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One day I'm going to stop being so lazy and get a decent team built. Then you'll see. You'll all see. *grumble*

edit: Tagged for easy findage.

Vray on
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's it.

You're all disqualified.

I win the tournament, since I'm the only one who made it to the semi-finals who is now NOT disqualified.

Hooray for me!

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    you'd be surprised, vray, these kids really know how to battle up something fierce

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i think it's cute that Nozz only went on AIM when he was away from the computer, and now that he's back, he's no longer on

I like to think that this allowance of a rematch is similar to me playing through two pokemon getting slept by one of my competitors, and I not calling sleep cause

i still ended up winning in that case, and I will probably lose in this case, but it's nice to have second chances

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nozz, i'm entering with marowak first, enter with blissey first and i'll two shot it for you, then i'll run and we can rematch legitimately

Sounds good!

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm in

(in any event, if i do lose this, be aware that my next team will be wicked evil, filled to the brim with creativity

you all will have wished i had a skarmbliss after the havoc i will wreak on your untempered souls)

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i think it's cute that Nozz only went on AIM when he was away from the computer, and now that he's back, he's no longer on

I like to think that this allowance of a rematch is similar to me playing through two pokemon getting slept by one of my competitors, and I not calling sleep cause

i still ended up winning in that case, and I will probably lose in this case, but it's nice to have second chances

Sorry I don't even use aim, in Canada MSN is the big draw. I'll get on meebo right now.

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Speaking of which, what is your aim name? I must be missing you on my list

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    mansizedgod

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    To the victor: I'm gonna be available to fight tomorrow after work, at 5pm CST. To the rest of y'all: get excited! You'll get to watch the final match in glorious 320x240 resolution on youtube!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    To the victor: I'm gonna be available to fight tomorrow after work, at 5pm CST. To the rest of y'all: get excited! You'll get to watch the final match in glorious 320x240 resolution on youtube!

HURRAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Are you actually using a device to record right to your comp or are you just videoing your DS with a camera? I would really like to know how to video through the DS to the comp. I do that kinda stuff for my other consoles and it is a blast.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am videoing it with a camera, sorry to disappoint you! I spent a large part of today playing with all the options and focuses and distances and whatnot to get a clear picture. Afterwards I'll edit it down to size with some kind of video editor which no-one gave me any suggestions for.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Me and Shujin begin our battle. Booooya! May the best shit talker win.

you suck

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I am videoing it with a camera, sorry to disappoint you! I spent a large part of today playing with all the options and focuses and distances and whatnot to get a clear picture. Afterwards I'll edit it down to size with some kind of video editor which no-one gave me any suggestions for.

I wish I knew something about video editing so I could help you out.
    Because, this is awesome. I'll definitely watch.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So what happened to that poor blissey?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bwuahaha it got crit and died in one hit, Shujin wins

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SHUJIN VS NOZZ 2

not bleeding on the ballroom floor just for the attention

Shujin Katana on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    We both decide that switching our lead pokemon for our rematch would be acceptable

Then we both don't switch

Fuckin classic

Nozz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    And now we just disconnected. Excellent...

Nozz on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Haha.

As for video editing program, I use Pinnacle. It came with my recording gadgets and I like it a lot more then Windows Movie Maker. I am sure Pinnacle probably has a free version.

edit: wtf is with disconnecting? stupid nintendo.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have either of you had connection issues in the past? There might be an actual problem, but it's more than likely just stupid random disconnects.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i battled tens of times without any problem, the other day I DCd from someone, but haven't DCd from anyone since, until now

Shujin Katana on