As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Phallacian Complex - Silence Reigns

• Options
    JPJeezusJPJeezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    By my count it's a 6-6 tie between Hylian and Niceguy for execution tonight.

We're trying to avoid ties, no?

JPJeezus on
    Twitch Steam: twitch.tv/jpjeezus
    Battlenet: JPJeezus #1804
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Won't it be a 3-way tie if minigun gets another vote?

zal on
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !Retract TehSpectre
    !Vote HylianBunny

Because ties are bad.
    And the bunny-man is evil.

EEEEEEEEVIL!

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LucienLucien Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vic wrote: »
    I too want Luciens kids named after me.

!Vote Lucien

As Plutonium has dibs on the first two it might be a while. Would a gerbil to said children do?

Anyhow, it is time for me to !Retract freeagent and catch the 9:35 bandwagon to Hylianbunny-ville.

Lucien on
    "This is my Timey-Whimie detector, it goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at thirty paces"
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    30 minutes to go, heres a vote count.

Hylianbunny - 8
    Niceguy Myeye - 6
    Minigun Wielder - 5
    Ardor - 2
    Defunker - 2
    The Wook - 2
    Cheez - 2
    Telcus - 1
    Koan - 1
    Buzz Buzz - 1
    Squashua - 1
    Lucien - 1
    Thorgot - 1
    Fembot - 1
    Cj Iwakura - 1
    Oatway - 1
    Frandelgearslip - 1
    Infidel - 1

Last Son on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I guess I'll !retract Oatway because he seems to be on his way to death due to inactivity. But should he somehow escape the noose, I'll be waiting. With pitchforks and torchs. Dual wielded.

And !vote Hylianbunny because, even if you're innocent, its better than 2 innocents. Sorry =( And if you're evil, well... die devil bunny!

Saphier on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's really kinda pointless to apologize to the soon to be deceased. May as well have a bit of fun rubbing it in their face before they shove off.

I mean seriously. Empathy? Pssh.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll !vote Hylianbunny.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saphier wrote: »
    I guess I'll !retract Oatway because he seems to be on his way to death due to inactivity. But should he somehow escape the noose, I'll be waiting. With pitchforks and torchs. Dual wielded.

And !vote Hylianbunny because, even if you're innocent, its better than 2 innocents. Sorry =( And if you're evil, well... die devil bunny!

Buh? I've been active enough to not die. I'm just been down in my lab, make things go all kerplodey.

Oh, and since I enjoy my oatmeal:

!retract Niceguy Myeye
    !vote for Saphier to be drowned in the industrial vat of oatmeal which sustains us during the morning hours.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot count properly. Forgot to carry the one, etc. Thank you Saphier for commenting on my lab-hermitness, inadvertantly saving me. I'm still votin' for your ass, though.

Oats on
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As always, I'm in favor of the tie. Come on, people! It's a free vigilante kill that the infiltrators can't do anything about for fear of revealing themselves.
    !vote Niceguy Myeye

Ties are a beautiful, beautiful thing. Remember, as the good guys, our goal is to accumulate enough information to match the baddies. Ties give us lots and lots of info. Killing one person at random with a bandwagon gives us very little, unless we luck out and snag a baddie.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    And all you people saying ties are bad? Ardor? HB?

You're on notice.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oatway wrote: »
    Saphier wrote: »

Buh? I've been active enough to not die. I'm just been down in my lab, make things go all kerplodey.

Oh, and since I enjoy my oatmeal:

!retract Niceguy Myeye
    !vote for Saphier to be drowned in the industrial vat of oatmeal which sustains us during the morning hours.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot count properly. Forgot to carry the one, etc. Thank you Saphier for commenting on my lab-hermitness, inadvertantly saving me. I'm still votin' for your ass, though.

Shazbot!

edit: thats not what I wanted to quote :x

Saphier on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Um. No.

Ties allow bad guys to tip the vote in the last minutes of voting, to make sure none of their friends get knocked off.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If the bad guys tip the vote in the last minutes of voting, we've just snagged two bad guys...the one saved and the one voting.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Seems that the majority has spoken, so I'll just vote for one of the inactives, !vote FreeAgent

zal on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Vote closed, narration will be coming shortly.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »
    If the bad guys tip the vote in the last minutes of voting, we've just snagged two bad guys...the one saved and the one voting.

The first day voting is really only useful for checking back on later days to see who protected whom, etc. Two deaths on the first day is just another person dead, unless by random chance they're evil.

Oats on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oatway wrote: »
    Lignisse wrote: »

The first day voting is really only useful for checking back on later days to see who protected whom, etc. Two deaths on the first day is just another person dead, unless by random chance they're evil.
    and if this game is like the last (with false readings) it would mean even less.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, I hope not. I'm in the camp that feels that what the moderator tells us (the narration results) should be truthful. They're free to not to do so obviously, but I don't have to like it. :x

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Man, I hope not. I'm in the camp that feels that what the moderator tells us (the narration results) should be truthful. They're free to not to do so obviously, but I don't have to like it. :x
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one. During the Democratic File System phalla (which was very awesome in other ways) I got to sit out the last half of the game with everyone thinking me evil. It's not as much fun as it sounds like.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Did they ever figure out what all that orange crap was all about?

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Defunker wrote: »

It meant nothing. I forget who had the public runtime, but it was a public runtime that caused the target's target's target to come up orange.

edit:

here it is

DamnedLibrarian
    File Name: System Fonts
    Public runtime: Target's target's target turns orange in the file list. Uses public targets. If a file in the chain doesn't have a target, that file is used.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I was running the orange. It did nothing except make my target's traget's target list as orange.

DamnedLibrarian on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh the suspense of first day band wagoning.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The moments following the attack were complete chaos as the reality of the situation dawned on those trapped. With no sign of their assailants and no one else to blame, the group immediately turned on one another. Those carrying weapons bore the majority of the verbal abuse, regardless of their excuses of being bodyguards or soldiers for the Coalition. Just as the arguments and accusations reached a breaking point a lone voice rose to quell the madness.

“Friends please!” Tyran yelled to the crowd “ If we continue this arguing we’ll be doing the EA’s work for them, we must think clearly and rationally if we want to survive”
    A voice yelled from the crowd “How do you know this is the work of the Alliance?”
    “Who else would attack a secure military installation just as we are completing a new weapon to use in the war?”
    “Maybe that’s just what you want us to think, maybe you’re part of some secret group trying to take over the Coalition!”

Hearing the accusatory mumbles of the crowd, Tyran realized that staying together would simply cause too many problems. Thinking fast he came up with a plan, which he pleaded with the crowd to accept.

“How about this then, while we are cut off from the upper floors there is still quite a lot of room down here. We should split up going with those we trust, surely we all trust someone here. No doubt teams have already begun working on getting us out of here, within a few days we’ll be free and the IIA can work out who among us are traitors.”

Though there were dissenting murmurs the majority of the group agreed with Tyran’s line of reasoning and slowly began to break apart into smaller and smaller groups, each heading down different corridors to create a respectable distance between themselves and the others.

One such group consisted of just two people, as they walked along the hallway they discussed their plans.
    “Lab 34C should be just down this hallway and to the left. It’s security ZZR so it should be safe, we can go in and lock the antechamber behind us.”
    “Its also where we were developing that new nerve gas, if we flood the antechamber with it no one should be able to get in for at least 48 hours.”
    “That should be more than enough time for them to open the paths to the surface”
    They stopped talking as a small object bounced toward them and stopped at their feet.
    “What the hell is that?” asked Squashua “Shit, that looks like…”
    He was interrupted as the grenade exploded and knocked him off his feet, he landed lifeless a few feet away. His friend, Cj Iwakura faired slightly better but with two broken ribs he was not in a condition to move very quickly. He sat in shock for several moments before continuing his path toward lab 34C; he knew that if he could make it there he would be safe. Luck was not on his side however; as someone began to follow him as he stumbled down the hallway. Cj Iwakura was just about to enter the security code for the lab when he finally heard the footsteps trailing him. Before he could turn around however the figure drew his .38 pistol and fired twice into Cj Iwakura’s spine, leaving him dead.

As Ardor ran down the hallway he could hear the voices of the gathering fading behind him. He knew that staying with the group would only make him a target and he would be far better off alone, or at least so he thought. He had only just glimpsed someone at the end of the hall before machinegun fire ripped through the air above his head. As he skidded to a stop he heard someone running toward him from behind. As his assailant opened fire once again Ardor felt someone grab him by his shirt and drag him through a nearby door. As the door slammed shut behind him he heard a voice from within the room shout.
    “Hey you two, there is an empty corridor through here.”
    Making a quick choice he decided to trust his strange rescuers and headed for the door on the other side of the room, the man who pulled him through the door close behind him. As they entered the corridor Ardor noticed that it was indeed empty.
    “Hey thanks, but who the hell are you?”
    The first man started to reply “Well…”
    But was cut off by Hylianbunny “ISF, now lets get out of here.”
    As the three ran down the corridor they heard a commotion up ahead. When they entered the next room there was a crowd of people already occupying it. At the sudden intrusion the crowd turned as one to face the three newcomers. Before they could say anything however someone yelled out.
    “Hey, that guy has a gun. They must be the ones killing people!”
    Despite Hylianbunny’s insistence that he worked for the Coalition the crowd surged forward and began to try to bring the three down. Ardor and Frandelgearslip managed to escape out the door on the other end of the room, but Hylianbunny was not so lucky and was beaten to death by the mob. Only afterward did they notice the Internal Security badge inside his coat pocket.

As Ardor and Frandelgearslip ran as fast as they could away from the mob they began to hear a single set of footsteps following them. Hoping to lose them in the maze of hallways and labs they started going through random doorways and backtracking through areas they had already been. When they came to a Y-intersection they stopped however, arguing about which way to go. Hearing the footsteps following them get closer they decided to split up, Ardor going to the right while Frandelgearslip ran to the left.

Not long after splitting up Ardor once again found himself standing at a Y-intersection, hearing the footsteps come ever closer he couldn’t make up his mind which way to go. His choice was made for him however as he spotted several people down the corridor to the left, before he could yell greeting he saw them point in his direction and ready their guns. Before they could open fire however Ardor was tackled from behind.
    “Hey there, you’re a pain to catch up with you know.” The stranger said “I was trying to warn you there was a group up to no good up here, lets get out of here.”
    Their escape passed without incident however and soon they found themselves in an abandoned part of the lab. As the stranger waved goodbye Ardor sat down and wondered just what had happened to make him the target of so much attention.

Elsewhere in the lab Frandelgearslip was wondering very much the same thing. He was so lost in though that he never noticed someone sneaking up behind him, his first indication that something was wrong was when a garrote was wrapped around his neck. After a brief and violent struggle Frandelgearslip slumped to the ground.

Dead
    Hylianbunny: Internal Security Agent
    Squashua: Researcher
    Cj Iwakura: Researcher

Frandelgearslip: Internal Security Agent

Ardor was attacked twice but was prevented from dying.

The narration does not give hints to anyone's role other than the dead, which it states implicitly. And you guys had better not make me write anything this crazy again.

Last Son on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Defunker made a post and deleted it. Suspicious? Obviously so!

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Don't go there.

I made an asinine comment I felt bad about.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Last Son, that was Phalla crack.

Also, we lost two Security Agents this round. I'm guessing they were specials, which doesn't bode well.

Oats on
  • Options
    laikallaikal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One of which we voted for, doh.

Four dead. I wonder how many groups of baddies that makes?

laikal on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The following people need to post more or die, I expect at least 4 posts(total) by Sunday's narration
    Skulk
    FreeAgent

The following people did not vote yesterday and thus must vote today.
    FreeAgent

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    What an auspicious beginning, if I do say so myself [face_rolleyes]

zal on
  • Options
    JPJeezusJPJeezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think Anaximander voted for Cheez. Let me try and find it.

Edit: #233

JPJeezus on
    Twitch Steam: twitch.tv/jpjeezus
    Battlenet: JPJeezus #1804
  • Options
    laikallaikal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I was running the orange. It did nothing except make my target's traget's target list as orange.

Which made it exceptionally evil! I lol'd when I read what it was about. :)

laikal on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    JPJeezus wrote: »
    I think Anaximander voted for Cheez. Let me try and find it.

Edit: #233

Arg, it was on my spreadsheet and everything. Excuse me while I go make my excel doc a lot easier to read, the candy-cane striping it not working at all.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    zal wrote: »
    What an auspicious beginning, if I do say so myself [face_rolleyes]
    Fine, conspicuously bad time.

You meanine. All mocking exhausted people.

:cry:

Oh, I wasn't making fun of you, my comment was directed at the result of 4 innocent deaths from this round. So just go to sleep =)

I do need some clarification from people that've played before. From the narration, are we suppose to conclude that Ardor was targeted twice and saved twice, or only that he was protected by two different people/groups? Or am I completely misinterpreting the whole thing?

zal on
  • Options
    BinkBink Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually yes, I had this question too. Are the white bold names just flavor text, or does that imply that they were targeted? In the other phallas I read around here generally it literally comes out and says an attack against the person failed.

If the white text does mean people were targeted, Ardor's name appears twice in the paragraph and he survived - so at the risk of repeating zal, did he get guardianed twice? Or does guardian let you survive all of the attacks in one round, no matter how many? Inquiring minds want to know.

In any event, clearly there is something special about Ardor or his allies so we should attempt to find out his allegiance as soon as possible so we know whether to kill him or protect him.

I'm sorry for my part in bandwagoning you, Hylianbunny. It looks like it was the wrong choice, assuming that internal security has the same motives as the village.

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bink wrote: »
    Actually yes, I had this question too. Are the white bold names just flavor text, or does that imply that they were targeted? In the other phallas I read around here generally it literally comes out and says an attack against the person failed.

If the white text does mean people were targeted, Ardor's name appears twice in the paragraph and he survived - so at the risk of repeating zal, did he get guardianed twice? Or does guardian let you survive all of the attacks in one round, no matter how many? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ardor's name appears all over the place and I tried to bold whenever I used a player's name.

For clarification Ardor was attacked twice and was protected enough to live.

Last Son on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My first first day death. Sweet.

Er, I think. O_o Ah well, best of luck.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well it certainly appears that I've arrived late to the party. Getting over here for the first time to catch up and we've already got 4 innocents dead.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Holy crap, what are you people doing to me? D:

Well, unless there are multiple vigilante types, I think we can assume at least one bad guy faction went after me last night, that should hopefully at least give people some good information as to which side I happen to be on.

I do thank whoever defend me though, it seems I'm a very high maintenance person. :(

Ardor on