As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Students First, Athletes Second

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well there may be that but ESPN is simply saying these non-compete agreements in the NCAA are practically unenforceable. Maybe it's because there are so many holes like what you've mentioned.

Whatever happens here, this shit with coaches jumping ship like crazy needs to be reevaluated.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    Well there may be that but ESPN is simply saying these non-compete agreements in the NCAA are practically unenforceable. Maybe it's because there are so many holes like what you've mentioned.

Whatever happens here, this shit with coaches jumping ship like crazy needs to be reevaluated.

i concur

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    For myself, Geebs, Dogbone, and all the rest of the Illini faithful...

Today is the day.

Think we stand a chance?

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We always stand a chance. We beat Ohio State in Ohio didn't we? Just remember we were 14 point dogs in that game just as we are today.

Only 11% of America thinks we can win. I am one of that 11%. On top of that on of USC's starters is out for today. I don't remember which one though.

GO ILLINI!

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Tyler Donovan is a tough son of a bitch.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, we mos def beat Ohio in Ohio, but at the same time we lost to Iowa in Iowa. We'll see. I too think that we can beat 'em but we're gonna have to be on top of our game. One thing that's on our side is, nobody thinks that we can win, which is pretty damn good motivation for Juice, Rush-hard, Benn, Leman, and the rest of the crew.

I L L

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2008
    The Capital One bowl is turning into a pretty good game.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    playshq6.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Do not forget the one where Tebow stiff arms all 11 players on defense and then dives into the end zone.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i almost feel bad for arkansas, seeing as missouri should've been in a bcs bowl game instead of crushing that team

satansfingers on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    We always stand a chance. We beat Ohio State in Ohio didn't we? Just remember we were 14 point dogs in that game just as we are today.

Only 11% of America thinks we can win. I am one of that 11%. On top of that on of USC's starters is out for today. I don't remember which one though.

GO ILLINI!

It's only halfway through the first quarter but: LOL

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i almost feel bad for arkansas, seeing as missouri should've been in a bcs bowl game instead of crushing that team

Didn't help that the razorbacks seemed to have dipped their hands in oil, butter, grease, or all of the above before going on the field. I swear, every time I turned it back to the game someone on our team had just fumbled.

I stopped paying complete attention around the time that the fake punt got called back because some retard called a time out. It was just a horrible, horrible mess.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, we mos def beat Ohio in Ohio, but at the same time we lost to Iowa in Iowa. We'll see. I too think that we can beat 'em but we're gonna have to be on top of our game. One thing that's on our side is, nobody thinks that we can win, which is pretty damn good motivation for Juice, Rush-hard, Benn, Leman, and the rest of the crew.

I L L

Well it appears things have gone horribly wrong in Cali. Somewhere Isocc is cackling manically. I am not sure who is calling most of the Illinois plays but they need to be slapped. HARD.

I N I!

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2008
    TOUCHDOWN

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    And there goes Mendenhall to make things interesting and get the team fired up. That is the SHIT!

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Oooooh.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Illinois's defense is playing really well, actually. They caught a couple bad breaks on the first touchdown drive, and the other two drives were on short fields. If the Illini D can get going this could be very interesting.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Whoah!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    oh man mendenhall you are my favorite

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Well sometimes you just know it isn't meant to be your way. That whole ball bouncing right up to that fucker might just be that sign.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    That was not pass interference it was incidental contact as the defender was going for the ball. This game is a crock of shit. It was a bullshit matchup to begin with and it looks like there's nothing the Illini can do about it.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Or them hitting the guy so hard in the first quarter that the ball popped up in the air backwards...right into his teammate's hands. USC definitely has more talent, but Illinois isn't getting the breaks they need to stay in the game.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh christ, Juice. This is what happens when you put a sophmore quarterback against a top defense. Thanks, BCS. I wouldn't be able to live with USC being matched up against Georgia, Oklahoma, or anyone else that might be able to actually win the game.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Wow I think this game is about to get out of hand. It is too bad really. I had high hopes. Well here is to hoping that Zook has a good replacement for Mendenhall cause he made his statement to go in the first round in April.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh christ, Juice. This is what happens when you put a sophmore quarterback against a top defense. Thanks, BCS. I wouldn't be able to live with USC being matched up against Georgia, Oklahoma, or anyone else that might be able to actually win the game.

Nah, it's what happens when an underdog gets way too far behind in any game. You start taking chances, and bad things happen. Pros do this shit all the time.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I've seen prison rapes less brutal than this.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Nah, it's what happens when an underdog gets way too far behind in any game. You start taking chances, and bad things happen. Pros do this shit all the time.

Um...ok whatever dude. It was an errand throw to begin with and a bad decision by the quarterback. I really don't see how you could see it any differently. He wasn't open to begin with and it was overthrown to the wrong shoulder.

This was a garbage matchup. Juice hasn't done anything of great importance all game including before he was down by 3 touchdowns.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hey there is always next year!

Oh gods I sound like a Cubs fan now.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Gafoto wrote: »
    I've seen prison rapes less brutal than this.

I love how they can't help bud add insult to injury with taunting fouls. I'll give this game to the SC defense, it's men against boys with all the strips and such, but the SC offense is a bunch of hotshot assholes. This game is nothing more than fuel for there huge egos against an inferior opponent. They should have had to play Georgia.

Butters on
  • Options
    peter64peter64 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I lived in Champaign and then I moved to Pasadena. I am not surprised at all. USC has so much more going for it then IL. The Illini were overrated because this was the first year in a long time they were not slaughtered the whole season.

peter64 on
    things out of context are funny
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I wouldn't get too bothered by it, all the players are jacked up as shit on their own testosterone. I'm amazed they don't kill each other after each play.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    peter64 wrote: »
    I lived in Champaign and then I moved to Pasadena. I am not surprised at all. USC has so much more going for it then IL. The Illini were overrated because this was the first year in a long time they were not slaughtered the whole season.

No they were not overrated. Nobody with a brain thought at all they had a chance of winning this game.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Illinois isn't overrated. Did you hear anyone talking about them at all? I mean, there's a reason they were two touchdown underdogs here. They earned a New Year's day bowl game, but they only got in the Rose Bowl because they were the highest rated Big Ten team left. They could have probably given Florida a better game in the Capital One bowl.

But yeah, USC is an elite team and Illinois isn't at that level.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

No they were not overrated. Nobody with a brain thought at all they had a chance of winning this game.

No I went home for the summer and everyone is screaming how good the Illini are and how they are going to win in socal. One headline read "orange county" in reference to apparently how much socal loves the Illini. All that was on the local channels who crap about the Illini. True they are biased in Champaign they really did act like they were going to win. Also the fact they are in the Rose Bowl shows how they were overacted. They never deserved to go and Ohio is going to lose as well. The whole Big Ten is overrated

peter64 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    USC may be douchebags, but they are pretty devastating.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hey you guys forgot to taunt on that touchdown!

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    At least you made it into the Rose Bowl. Lots of teams would like to have that honor.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    A lot of teams deserved it more the IL.

peter64 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

No I went home for the summer and everyone is screaming how good the Illini are and how they are going to win in socal. One headline read "orange county" in reference to apparently how much socal loves the Illini. All that was on the local channels who crap about the Illini. True they are biased in Champaign they really did act like they were going to win. Also the fact they are in the Rose Bowl shows how they were overacted. They never deserved to go and Ohio is going to lose as well. The whole Big Ten is overrated

You don't understand the BCS at all. If they meant for it to be an even matchup, Illinois wouldn't have been a 2-TD underdog. This a game to pad USC's stats and make them look the way that they look.

Maybe Champaign thought they stood a chance, but nobody else did including the BCS. You don't skip over 4 better teams (Missouri, Kansas, Florida, and ASU) because you think it's a good matchup.

Butters on