Options

Warhammer Thread: The tabletop game for people who can read.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    199pt Warbands in two weeks!

I think I may go orcs.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ogres would be like 4 models. :D

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    or you could run a ogre hunter with 2 sabre kits, I bet that woudl be roughly 200, a walking bolt thrower and pets. :D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    CBF?

Can't be friends?

That will do. :lol:

Estilo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    185 points for a hunter + tusks, so you can even add... 7 gnoblars!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    7 gnoblar trappers :D That actualy would be a good time.
    I'm still suprised that erandus hasn't gotten himself a hunter yet, they seem like such cool models. I would assume its the fact that 2 of his 4 hero choices are taken up by butchers :D

Yes, this is my fault that all my friends play warhammer, but I would like to add that its Fuckin vorins fault for escelating the armies to 2k really reallly freakishly fast.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Model = Awesome.

Rules = Suck.

Mediocre BS, cannot move and fire, sabertusks are underwhelming at best, huge target for being shot himself, not terribly survivable. General underperformer who's points are always better spent on a butcher instead.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Erandus wrote: »
    Model = Awesome.

Rules = Suck.

Mediocre BS, cannot move and fire, sabertusks are underwhelming at best, huge target for being shot himself, not terribly survivable. General underperformer who's points are always better spent on a butcher instead.

I did a hero only battle (200 points), and took a hunter w/tusks. After he skewered his first skink priest, I backed him into a corner, and let the other 11 players fight amongst themselves. Everyone gave him a wide berth, and I won the game after finshing everyone else off. I've played 3 other such games, and never lost with my Hunter.

Outside of that, he sucks though. Give me a butcher.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So any suggestions for a 3 way FFA at 1500 points? I'll be Skaven, hoser #1 will be High Elves, hoser #2 could be any one of his six armies.

Seriously, he has six and only one has an actual army book. Tomb Kings, Lichemaster(Army of the Cairnes), Zombie Pirates, Goblins, Hell Pit and Bubonic Court.

I really hate facing undead as Skaven. It's so rare that I get to chase something down after breaking it in combat.

So anyway, 3 person free for all. I don't even know what would happen if one of us charges a unit, then the 3rd guy also charges that unit. If they break, who pursues? Do we go into combat with each other?

Games Workshop should clarify these things.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    wow, me and some buddies tried this and had exactly the same problem. It was one unit with me on his flank and the other plaer on the front. It was really hard to work out and took some severe thinking. Cause the guy in the front shouldn't get the flank bonus but the guy getting flanked shouldn't get his ranks :D Its really kinda tough. Might I suggest a capture the hill type scenario with a giant guarding the hill. Just roll scatter dice with 2d6.

Draeven on

• Options
    RubberchristRubberchrist Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Honestly, if you are doing a 3-way and treat both other armies as one army during your own turn, for purposes of flanking and such because you are still being flanked. You would still flee from the biggest threat, etc.

Of course, magic would be a little harder because of the number of dispel dice floating around. Only thing I've got for that is dropping the number of auto-dispel dice to 1 instead of 2.

-R

Rubberchrist on
    "Nurgle has got to be my favorite chaos god, fluff wise...
    He's portrayed as this sort of jovial, jolly old guy who thinks that rotting apocolyptic plague is funny as hell... So basically he's a big ole fat bastard who thinks giving you a scorching case of the herp is a big laugh."
    ---Erandus
    Gallery and Blog:
    http://brushandputty.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Calling all Dwarf players!
    aow09.jpg
    New Avatars Of War Dwarf Hero!

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    The Laughing ManThe Laughing Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Please tell me they ship to the US.

EDIT: They do and I think that model is well worth around $18-$20 American by my rough estimate.

The Laughing Man on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I hate the fact that VC can counter my static CR. I mean, sure they function like swarms...but the few kills I get are always revived.

So frustrating...

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Alazull wrote: »
    I hate the fact that VC can counter my static CR. I mean, sure they function like swarms...but the few kills I get are always revived.

So frustrating...
    Oh man, you're going to hate the new VC then. How about a unit with a basic Static CR of +9, before the Vampire starts hitting things...?

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

So frustrating...
    Oh man, you're going to hate the new VC then. How about a unit with a basic Static CR of +9, before the Vampire starts hitting things...?

On the positive side, the summoning of undead is somewhat toned down from it's previous levels.

They can bolster existing units moderately well, but raising wholly new units is both difficult and much less efficient.

So.. you know. Yay for that I guess.

Fucking vampires.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    hah... yeah. I wouldn't mind hitting less speedbumps.

Estilo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    I love Felix' stuff. I have the orc shaman, dwarf herm elf hero and goblin hero waiting for the day I feel good enough at painting to do them justice.

Echo on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That is a cool new dwarf.
    I want the two dark elf heroes, they are awesome!

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Erandus wrote: »

So frustrating...

On the positive side, the summoning of undead is somewhat toned down from it's previous levels.

They can bolster existing units moderately well, but raising wholly new units is both difficult and much less efficient.

So.. you know. Yay for that I guess.

Fucking vampires.

Unless you're trying to summon zombies. Which don't have the restrictions imposed on the other sorts of undead and they are easier to raise than the others...

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    As long as they remain the stupid, gangrenous punching bags that they are now (terrifying punching bags!) I can be down wit that...

Estilo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Estilo wrote: »
    As long as they remain the stupid, gangrenous punching bags that they are now (terrifying punching bags!) I can be down wit that...
    Yeah, then they turn into WS 7 punching bags and everything goes sideways...

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dang. How is that done?

Estilo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Crown/Helm of Command; lets the wearer give his WS to any one unit within 12" as long as the wearer himself isn't in combat. And that apparently means the entire unit, which necessarily includes models/characters joined to it too...which would possibly include such things as ridden corpse carts. :D

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    it didn't think the corpse car was a chariot , more like an altar..hmmm that helm is not kind at all. Especialy if corpse carts truely do add Asf.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    it didn't think the corpse car was a chariot , more like an altar..hmmm that helm is not kind at all. Especialy if corpse carts truely do add Asf.
    The Cart is a monster. And it can be ridden by a Necromancer. Which makes it a Monstrous Mount. And those can join units...

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Cart is a monster. And it can be ridden by a Necromancer. Which makes it a Monstrous Mount. And those can join units...

Ahaha Necromancers mounted on corpse carts would be super awsome.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Crown/Helm of Command; lets the wearer give his WS to any one unit within 12" as long as the wearer himself isn't in combat. And that apparently means the entire unit, which necessarily includes models/characters joined to it too...which would possibly include such things as ridden corpse carts. :D

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Please tell my that a Corpse Cart can be destroyed with a Str 7 hit. By the beard of Grungni, Grimnir, and probably Valaya, please tell me it can be stopped.

Alazull on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    fuck, just roll vampire on corpse cart, with 2 necromancers on corpose cart :D The VC army book just keeps sounding more redicoulus by the moment.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    fuck, just roll vampire on corpse cart, with 2 necromancers on corpose cart :D The VC army book just keeps sounding more redicoulus by the moment.
    Vamps can't ride on the cart; it's necromancers only I'm afraid. And the Cart is treated as a regular monster, not in any way a chariot. That would be the Black Coach.

Oh, here's a fun one; you can take ward/regeneration saves against crumbling wounds now too. There's a big ol' banner that gives the entire unit it's in Regen. This could be considered obscenely cheap at a mere 125pts+BSB...then you make him ethereal with the bloodline power and join him to a unit of cairn wraiths w/banshee. :P Actually, that would totally suck, but it'd be cool to see...

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I want more cool stuff too :(

And I want new clanrats that don't look so much like monkeys.

Estilo on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Less of a bitch to assemble would be nice too.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Amen.

Estilo on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Any of you all play lord of the rings, out of curiousity? Figure this belongs here more than in the 40k thread, they're both fantasy.

I'm working on a first age themed Easterling army, as the bad guys are always more fun. Since this means no nazgul, I'll probably lead it with a chieften on chariot.

Anyways, awesome detailed minis with a realistic scale and a superior setting. Far cheaper, too.

GW's original content (that is to say, minis not directly based off the movie footage) is kind of iffy, though. Their hardon for direct, undisguised historical references shows through.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Any of you all play lord of the rings, out of curiousity? Figure this belongs here more than in the 40k thread, they're both fantasy.

I'm working on a first age themed Easterling army, as the bad guys are always more fun. Since this means no nazgul, I'll probably lead it with a chieften on chariot.

Anyways, awesome detailed minis with a realistic scale and a superior setting. Far cheaper, too.

GW's original content (that is to say, minis not directly based off the movie footage) is kind of iffy, though. Their hardon for direct, undisguised historical references shows through.

Khamul.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »

Khamul.

I meant because of my theme choice, representing the Easterlings that conquered parts of the west during the first age. No nazguls because they didn't exist yet. If I'm playing against uruk-hai or such, I'd field a nazgul, because that would make sense chronologically.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »

Khamul.

I meant because of my theme choice, representing the Easterlings that conquered parts of the west during the first age. No nazguls because they didn't exist yet. If I'm playing against uruk-hai or such, I'd field a nazgul, because that would make sense chronologically.

Oh, didn't see the first age part. A chief on a chariot is probably the best bet then.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    RubberchristRubberchrist Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Don't worry. Judging by these other armies, our Rat ogres will get shooting Warp Lightning attacks, and cause Terror. Our stormvermin will be ASF, Killing blow, and flying.

We will win automatically until the following book comes out :lol:

-R

Rubberchrist on
    "Nurgle has got to be my favorite chaos god, fluff wise...
    He's portrayed as this sort of jovial, jolly old guy who thinks that rotting apocolyptic plague is funny as hell... So basically he's a big ole fat bastard who thinks giving you a scorching case of the herp is a big laugh."
    ---Erandus
    Gallery and Blog:
    http://brushandputty.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm somewhat concerned with the power escalation going on right now in some of the armies. Are any armies going to get toned down this edition? If they do, would they havea chance against some of the new stronger armies?

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Sounds like you got a fever, and the only cure is more warpstone.

Seriously though, about updating armies. Does anyone else think it's odd considering how much fluff in the Dwarf book talks about grudges against Skaven, O&G, Ogres, Wood Elves, High Elves, and the Undead in general, that Dwarfs only get Hatred against Greenskins?

Games Workshop trying to suggest Dwarfs are racist or something?

Alazull on
This discussion has been closed.