As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fucking with your coworkers

• Options
    eudaemoniaeudaemonia Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, almost broke up her marriage.

P.S. I am indeed a liar, though. I'm also a hypochondriac with a penchant for Spanish crackwhores and double-jointed midgets.

P.P.S You can never have enough vowels. Unless they're the same vowel consecutively. That's just crazy.

eudaemonia on
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I worked at a Golf course when I was in highschool. I started as a caddy but then got a staff job working inside the pro shop and working the range picker ( the little cart that drives out there to collect balls on the driving range ).

One summer, really only one week, we decided to have a Prank War against other coworkers. My friend Joe and I considered ourselves masters of pranking. Our enemy was named Cuppy, and he was damn good. He was caddy master and the course's resident compulsive gambler.

It is a private course so the play was regular but scheduled. During the day we had a good 4 to 5 hours to setup pranks. The pranks started light. Little things like hiding all the scrub brushes at the bag drop (area where a golfer puts his bags and changes in the lockerroom while you clean them for a tip), or loosening a strap on a bag of clubs so loose that when you applied pressure, the strap would slide out and all the clubs would spill out , or a classic one was removing all the plastic garbage pails from the wooden containers that were near the bag drop and all over the range, so while you are looking around for replacements for golfers who care, the ones who don't just drop the garbage into the wood container and you had to scoop it all out with gloves into a garbage bag later.

We raised the stakes one afternoon. We drove out to the 7th hole , which we normally fished in the water hazard there since it was stocked with bass every couple years. We caught a nice bass and brought it back to the bag drop area. We then went into Cuppy's car and placed it under the seat. We knew he would immediately look for the smell, so the plan was to mask it. His car was sitting in the sun and it was directly over the windshield. We covered his dashboard with 5 day old beef lo mein that was sitting in the work fridge. The whole dash. We let it sit. He didn't notice it for 5 hours. Later the stench , he described, unbearable, and cleaned out the chinese food. He didn't find the fish. Two days later, he found the bass. That is when Cuppy striked.

It takes about 2 hours to clean a golf range if done on a regular rotation. We clean it like one mows a lawn, in lines. After picking up all the balls off the range with the driving cart, you have to take all the balls up to the proshop basement and clean them in this giant automated ball washer. We load the truck up, with a good 10 x-large metal bins. To the brim on each bin, a good 700 to 800 golf balls in each. We drive the balls to the proshop , get out and take them downstairs. While we are unloading we see Cuppy lurking in the proshop and he comes out to make small talk. Immediately we are paranoid that something is wrong or he is going to do something stupid anf flip a bin over and we have to clean it up. We underestimated his genius. We keep a guy at the cart to make sure he doesn't flip anything , as one guy takes 10 bins downstairs to the ball washer. At this point to get out of work on time, the one guy is also loading the bins into the ball washer while bringing more down.

The ball washer is basically a giant metal bin that holds about 1600 balls. Each ball falls to a track along the side and gets sucked down a hole. Since we do this every day we can push the balls down the track into the hole while another guy pours more balls into the main bin. This is a normal process. Except for today as we were loading a 3rd bin into the metal bin, we notice that the balls after being washed were never coming out. Something was wrong and we turned off the machine. We try to open it up, thinking a ball jammed the washer, suddenly a good thousand golf balls pour out of the machine with soap suds and all over the floor. The basement starts filling with a flood of golf balls and dishwater. We frantically try to stop this from happening and in the process start a domino effect on the 4 metal bins of golf balls we lined up on the side of the washer to clean next. Now there are golf balls everywhere, and at the doorway is Cuppy. Huge smile on his face just laughing, he walks through the water and over to the ball washer, reaches into the back of the rotating brush and pulls out a 6 inch long piece of trim wood left over from the clubhouse's remodeling. "Washer's fixed" he replied and walked out of the room.

It took us another 4 hours to get the mess cleaned up and all the golf balls cleaned again. That was the end of the Prank War.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited September 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    randomguy wrote: »
    I worked at a Golf course when I was in highschool. I started as a caddy but then got a staff job working inside the pro shop and working the range picker ( the little cart that drives out there to collect balls on the driving range ).

One summer, really only one week, we decided to have a Prank War against other coworkers. My friend Joe and I considered ourselves masters of pranking. Our enemy was named Cuppy, and he was damn good. He was caddy master and the course's resident compulsive gambler.

It is a private course so the play was regular but scheduled. During the day we had a good 4 to 5 hours to setup pranks. The pranks started light. Little things like hiding all the scrub brushes at the bag drop (area where a golfer puts his bags and changes in the lockerroom while you clean them for a tip), or loosening a strap on a bag of clubs so loose that when you applied pressure, the strap would slide out and all the clubs would spill out , or a classic one was removing all the plastic garbage pails from the wooden containers that were near the bag drop and all over the range, so while you are looking around for replacements for golfers who care, the ones who don't just drop the garbage into the wood container and you had to scoop it all out with gloves into a garbage bag later.

We raised the stakes one afternoon. We drove out to the 7th hole , which we normally fished in the water hazard there since it was stocked with bass every couple years. We caught a nice bass and brought it back to the bag drop area. We then went into Cuppy's car and placed it under the seat. We knew he would immediately look for the smell, so the plan was to mask it. His car was sitting in the sun and it was directly over the windshield. We covered his dashboard with 5 day old beef lo mein that was sitting in the work fridge. The whole dash. We let it sit. He didn't notice it for 5 hours. Later the stench , he described, unbearable, and cleaned out the chinese food. He didn't find the fish. Two days later, he found the bass. That is when Cuppy striked.

It takes about 2 hours to clean a golf range if done on a regular rotation. We clean it like one mows a lawn, in lines. After picking up all the balls off the range with the driving cart, you have to take all the balls up to the proshop basement and clean them in this giant automated ball washer.

Lol sorry, I couldn't continue reading after this point. I just keep laughing to myself. Even now, I'm just chuckling stupidly.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    klokklok Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My coworkers and I have it bad enough as it is.

klok on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I used to work at a front desk for my old college

they used to have this little journal entry book that they made us write in about everything, including if nothing happened all night.

Well, I bring up the idea that since we already have a journal on the computer for shit like this, we could just use that and prevent having to write the same things twice.

Of course that didn't fly and the RD was a pisser to talk to, so I looked up a HowTo guide to origami and made a bunch of swans out of the paper from the journal book, then put them in the toilets and sinks of the restroom nearby.

I didn't really get to work there again.

Obbi on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    eudaemonia wrote: »
    P.P.S You can never have enough vowels. Unless they're the same vowel consecutively. That's just crazy.

You can however have too few vowels. There is a girl with Chinese background who has the last name Ng. Always used to (and still go) "Would you like to buy a vowel?" to her, she knows its in good fun though not like we are picking on her terribly badly.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    good old retard humor

Raneados on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    good old retard humor

Correct.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That is when Cuppy striked.

That is when Cuppy struck.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    BedigumxBedigumx Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Bedigumx wrote: »
    Oh I will get you so audited...

... Mr total-stranger I've-never-seen whose-tax-file-number-I-don't-have and-doesn't-even-live-in-the-same-country-as-me.

Just like Batman for his parents and Spiderman for his uncle, so too was I called to fight on the side of the law. Tax law.

Well not really.

Marty are you pubic or private accounting? Cuz if you're public, I'm thinking we could be like the Wonder-Twins of the accounting industy. Though I should let you know that I'm in audit

I don't know, what's the difference between public and private? I am only a padawan really, doing my degree whilst working in a firm.

Wonder twin powers activate!

Capital gains!

Franked dividend!

Public accounting is like working for the "Big 4" (PwC, EY, Deloitte, or KPMG) or any firm that is primarily accounting and you go out and do work for companies (Best Buy, 3M, etc.) Private accounting is where you work for a specific company doing their accounts payable, tax work, etc. You straight up work for a company that has internal accounting, but its primary business is something else (again, Best Buy, 3M, etc.)

I had an internship with EY and it was interesting cuz I got to go work at all these different clients. Its a good place to start because when you decide to leave, you'll be able to get a job in accounting literally anywhere, especially at the clients you've worked on. Where are you working at?

Bedigumx on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    @Random: That story is inspiring. However, I think I'd get in big trouble if I rigged a robot to make a giant mess like that... still, Cuppy won.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    @Random: That story is inspiring. However, I think I'd get in big trouble if I rigged a robot to make a giant mess like that... still, Cuppy won.

Haha yea, that was a another issues why we had to hurry the cleanup. The main owner of the course never knew of the Prank War. Cuppy, both winner and teacher.

randomguy on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I once worked at a day camp. For the first month, I had the campers, the other counsellors, and most of my supervisors (including the guy who INTERVIEWED me months earlier before I had decided to pull this, and had access to all my paperwork) convinced that I was from somewhere in england.

I'M NOT VERY GOOD AT ACCENTS, EITHER.

At the end of the summer, one of the assistant counsellors asked if I was going home in September. Everone looked at her confusedly, as it had since been figured out that I was a phoney. She was like "What? Aren't you going home to England?" We all kinda blinked before revealing that I was in no way from England. I hadn't even used my shitty accent for MONTHS. Her response? "Well, I thought perhaps you'd exchanged it for an American one..."

Inx on
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

... Mr total-stranger I've-never-seen whose-tax-file-number-I-don't-have and-doesn't-even-live-in-the-same-country-as-me.

Just like Batman for his parents and Spiderman for his uncle, so too was I called to fight on the side of the law. Tax law.

Well not really.

Marty are you pubic or private accounting? Cuz if you're public, I'm thinking we could be like the Wonder-Twins of the accounting industy. Though I should let you know that I'm in audit

I don't know, what's the difference between public and private? I am only a padawan really, doing my degree whilst working in a firm.

Capital gains!

Franked dividend!

Public accounting is like working for the "Big 4" (PwC, EY, Deloitte, or KPMG) or any firm that is primarily accounting and you go out and do work for companies (Best Buy, 3M, etc.) Private accounting is where you work for a specific company doing their accounts payable, tax work, etc. You straight up work for a company that has internal accounting, but its primary business is something else (again, Best Buy, 3M, etc.)

I had an internship with EY and it was interesting cuz I got to go work at all these different clients. Its a good place to start because when you decide to leave, you'll be able to get a job in accounting literally anywhere, especially at the clients you've worked on. Where are you working at?

Tax, Audit, or TSRS at EY?

Spherick on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Spherick wrote: »

Well not really.

Capital gains!

Franked dividend!

Audit in Minneapolis. I enjoyed the city but I can't really see myself in that firm so I turned down my offer. Now I have to go through interview season all over again which is kind of a pain in the ass

Bedigumx on
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Well not really.

Capital gains!

Franked dividend!

Audit in Minneapolis. I enjoyed the city but I can't really see myself in that firm so I turned down my offer. Now I have to go through interview season all over again which is kind of a pain in the ass

Nice. I'm starting my internship in TSRS in Tampa next semester. Busy season - fun!

What did you not like about the firm? I've heard nothing but good things. Also any idea if you're going to stay with the Big 4 in public? It could of just been the Minneapolis office that were a bunch of fuckwits.

Spherick on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well not really.

Capital gains!

Franked dividend!

Nice. I'm starting my internship in TSRS in Tampa next semester. Busy season - fun!

What did you not like about the firm? I've heard nothing but good things. Also any idea if you're going to stay with the Big 4 in public? It could of just been the Minneapolis office that were a bunch of fuckwits.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the firm. I had a good time with them last summer and if I could go back in time and do it again, I'd still pick them for my internship. For some reason, I just couldn't see my name on their business cards. I still keep in touch with the people and interns I worked with and I might be living with one next year, but there wasn't anything wrong with the firm. You'll have a good time there during busy season seeing as interns are paid hourly. Also, free paid disney trip at the end of the internship

Bedigumx on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    OKAY.

We cannot have a quote tree that size about accounting.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm gonna have to agree with Fram on this one.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Framling wrote: »
    OKAY.

Money DOES grow on trees.

randomguy on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I worked at Futureshop. One day for lunch, I went to subway with a couple guys, another fat one that nobody likes begged us to buy him a sub, forcefully telling us to make sure there were NO HOT PEPPERS!

Bad idea. So we make his sub normally, then asked the girl to absolutely cover the one end of one half of the sub with jalapenos. She complied, and we left. We gave him his sub, but he didn't eat it all at work :(

Next day he comes in all pissy because he brought it home that night and his mom ate it, and had a heart attack (she's old and fat too) and almost died from them. Crazy.

On a lighter note, my one co-worker would always leave his customers with unlocked laptops that they were going to buy, so I would periodically take the laptop and the customer to the other side of the store, and he, every single time, thought they stole it on him. Fun.

Topia on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Framling wrote: »
    OKAY.

Money DOES grow on trees.

actually

no, it doesn't. A healthy portion of cash is rag content.

so it grows on plants.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    lol. Accountants unite! Although perhaps there will be infraction-giving for being so completely off topic.

In that case I am public. I work in a small firm in rural Australia. The work is easy-going, the cost of living is low, and I can successfully fool clients into thinking I know what I'm talking about.

To be ON-topic though, I think one of my co-workers and I will redecorate the office of Mr Serious come christmas time. And his office is in plain sight of the reception area where clients can see him, so it'll be good times all around.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Marty are you pubic or private accounting?

Wait

What's that
    What do these guys do

Count people's hairs down there?

Mayday on
  • Options
    SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I used to work at a video store, so one lonely night, me and a co-worker took down, about 150 of the pornos off the shelf, and hired them all out on another co-workers name, we then took all the barcodes off them, put half them back on the shelf, threw another quarter out and took the rest home.

So basically when you go into this guys statistics, the porno bar reaches the end and everything else is at zero due to the sheer number we did. And when he came back to discover that he now has 150 pornos on his account, he had to go through the computer, find the name, find it on the shelf. He spent a good 4 hours finding what he could on the shelf, he then finally goes to scan one, only to find there's no barcode in there anymore. Thus he had to MANUALLY type in the numbers for each porno.

We felt quite proud but every now and then we'd make up a porno and put it on his card, and then tell the manager that he had been hiring videos without consulting him, which results in him having to question him about pornos of a beastility flavour.

Superunknown on
  • Options
    almighty_monkeyalmighty_monkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My pride and joy to date was dialling into an conferance call one of my colleagues was on.

Then transfering into said conferance call the NHS pre-recorded helpline on genetal warts. I didn't realise it was a conferance call with the fucking home office.

almighty_monkey on
    Guitar!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rage wrote: »
    Oh, for those that love to leave their workstations unlocked: CTRL+ALT+ Down arrow will flip their screen upside down (works for WinXP Home & Pro)

always a quick and dirty office warfare tactic.

Also: Play "Hide the Sushi" with your most hated officemate. The betting pools can reach incredible proportions.

Also works on Windows 2000.

And I just want to say, this is something great you can do to computer illiterate people and they don't even need to leave their computer. All you need to do is just lean over as you walk past, and hit CTRL ALT Down arrow and done :)

they'll never know which keys you hit.

Another fun trick is the Windows Key + E, and holding it down for about 5 minutes when someone leaves.

Opens up My Computer about 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    N-N-N-NECROPOST

Lardalish on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    N-N-N-NECROPOST ULTRA SUPER-MEGA TWENTY HIT COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I work for a brick paving company...While I worked in the yard at the factory here (I'm now a sales exec, but for the same company), whenever a boss got a bit too micro-managing for our likes, we'd use a forklift to hoist their car up on top of the gigantic stacks of bricks.

I also heard a story of how a foreman at a construction site pissed off the excavator operator, and came back from lunch to find a 10 foot deep goddamn moat had been dug around his car.

And hey, a week old thread is hardly bringing it back from the dead, especially when its a fun thread.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I work for a brick paving company...While I worked in the yard at the factory here (I'm now a sales exec, but for the same company), whenever a boss got a bit too micro-managing for our likes, we'd use a forklift to hoist their car up on top of the gigantic stacks of bricks.

I also heard a story of how a foreman at a construction site pissed off the excavator operator, and came back from lunch to find a 10 foot deep goddamn moat had been dug around his car.

And hey, a week old thread is hardly bringing it back from the dead, especially when its a fun thread.

hehehe. your avatar just got funny. :D

also, yeah, i suppose you've a point.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »

hehehe. your avatar just got funny. :D

also, yeah, i suppose you've a point.

Everyone's avatar must at some point in their forum lifetime have a connection to one of their posts.

It is a rule. I have fulfilled my destiny.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    WalterWalter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I used to work at a clothing store. My dad, who also loves a good prank, gave me a pair of HUGE underwear with brown paint on them as a gag. Whoever put the brown streak of paint on the briefs must have been a master artist because it was disgusting and realistic. I stuck it in with a pile of clothes that needed to be refolded and gave them to the daintiest girl on staff. She picked them up and was halfway through folding them when she shrieked, dropped them, and ran to the bathroom with tears in her eyes to wash her hands.

Later we opened up a box of new shirts and threw the briefs on top, then re-taped it. The kid in the stockroom opened the box and just said "I quit". He was dead serious, which just made everybody laugh even more because it was such a weird reaction.

Walter on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Your dad poops in giant underwear.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fuck you guys, this CTRL ALT DOWN thing doesn't work.

Blake T on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Fuck you guys, this CTRL ALT DOWN thing doesn't work.

On intel chipsets you can use Alt Gr and the arrow keys to change rotation. Try that.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    What the fuck is Gr?

Superunknown on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Alt Gr. The Alt button on the right of the keyboard.
    nappain2.jpg

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    What backwards land do you live in, that's one fucked up keyboard.

Superunknown on