As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Riddle me [Chat]

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bored bored bored.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aegis wrote: »
    i still have no thesis
    its 12:23
    this paper was planned to be finished 28 hours ago
    and the thesis was planned to be decided 52 hours ago
    god
    jesus
    i hate
    my
    self
    and
    the
    way
    my
    brain
    collapses

see what happens is I waste a few hours and whatever, and I waste a bit more, but then i start stressing about how I wasted so much time, which makes me waste more time, and I stress about that, and I can't stop stressing and just do my work, no, i can't
    and it's a real fucking problem
    because then i waste nearly 3 entire days
    three

What's the topic on?
    I'm writing about Plato and Aristotle's views on education wrt their ideal states/lives and the reasons for education or something
    though that is pretty broad
    Perhaps I should keep it just wrt to the political system... but then that has a lot to do with their ideas of ideal lives

also, thank you to [chat] for making me feel like not a total retard
    it is good to know that other people can be that idiotic too

well, at least i'm not alone in the library... jam packed!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Yes you do.

Is my quest never-ending?

Is there a gay genie there?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    In 2006 [Leslie Hall] appeared with fellow Internet personalities Jay Maynard, also known as "Tron Guy", and Randy Constan, a Peter Pan impersonator, to take a stand in the "battle over Internet freedom" in favour of network neutrality.

*head asplode*

Gim on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Yes you do.

Is my quest never-ending?

Is there a gay genie there?

You are the new Atreyu.

Fuzzy is gay, right? He's the genie.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

You are the new Atreyu.

Fuzzy is gay, right? He's the genie.

Awesome.

However, if some goddamn flying midgit starts telling me to listen, I am getting out the soldering iron.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Good lord. Having to tell people in jail you're in for shooting an ostrich probably doesn't do much for your rep.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    Good lord. Having to tell people in jail you're in for shooting an ostrich probably doesn't do much for your rep.

mtfh43454nootri91854640vt9.jpg

You have to admit, they have a 'Yeah, I kicked you, what are you gonna do about it?' stare going on.

Gim on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I hate polls about the economy.

So Public, you say you aren't worried about anything but you feel the economy is sliding into a horrible depression? Thanks for that useful insight.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    I hate polls about the economy.

So Public, you say you aren't worried about anything but you feel the economy is sliding into a horrible depression? Thanks for that useful insight.
    So Shinto, you're feeling fine but fear you've got terminal cancer? Thanks for the heads up.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The ostriches are on the rise! The economy will bottom out as a result, you fool!

Gim on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Corvus wrote: »

mtfh43454nootri91854640vt9.jpg

You have to admit, they have a 'Yeah, I kicked you, what are you gonna do about it?' stare going on.

True. But I mean, they are a creature mostly famous for sticking its head underground. Not exactly going toe to tear with a rabid kodiak is it? ;-)

Edit: Oh god, I keep using the wrong their, there, they're today. I think all the thanksgiving leftovers killed my brain.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    798pxfarmedostrichon4.jpg

That cocksure stare makes me want to punch an ostrich right now.

Gim on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hi.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is probably really bad of me, but I wonder how many online dating "success" stories happened because the guy involved was happy to settle for the first chick that showed a modicum of interest in him.

"Yeah, I was dateless for 10 years. Then I set up a profile on eHarmony and six months later this one girl sent me an email. We got together for coffee and I didn't want to wait another ten years for somebody else to come along so one thing led to another and now we're married."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Aggressive birds make my murder sense tingle like crazy.

Non-aggressive birds are awesome though.

--

Feral: That doesn't exactly JUST apply to the online stuff though. Unless an individual is very lucky, or has enough resources to attract pretty much anyone they want, or has very simple desires, they're pretty likely to settle regardless of how they find their partners.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    Hi.

While you are greeting random internet people, there is a gang of ostriches sneaking around outside your home this very moment. They've already killed two of your neighbors and crushed an adorable puppy to death. They do not understand the concept of 'mercy' and cannot distinguish the difference between a passive stance and an attack position. The police will never be able to get there in enough time (or, for that matter, in enough numbers to make a bit of difference). They have picked up your scent.

What will you do?

Gim on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Waking up tomorrow is going to suck. I guess it's better than the alternative.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is probably really bad of me, but I wonder how many online dating "success" stories happened because the guy involved was happy to settle for the first chick that showed a modicum of interest in him.

"Yeah, I was dateless for 10 years. Then I set up a profile on eHarmony and six months later this one girl sent me an email. We got together for coffee and I didn't want to wait another ten years for somebody else to come along so one thing led to another and now we're married."

But that only works if the other party is likewise desperate. We had a thread on this a little while ago, and obviously online dating could get sketchy, but I think it's a good way to broaden your search and increase your chances of meeting someone like yourself. I mean, this forum itself is a good example of how much easier it is to find someone with similar interests and personality traits online.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Shinto: I think a lot of that has to do with being at the edge of the abyss, but not actually IN it yet.

We have a whole shit storm of stuff that's going to hit LATER. But not just yet.

Regulations and war bills and so forth.

Our economy is on a credit card, but they only send the bill once a month, and it's only been a week.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Hi.

While you are greeting random internet people, there is a gang of ostriches sneaking around outside your home this very moment. They've already killed two of your neighbors and crushed an adorable puppy to death. They do not understand the concept of 'mercy' and cannot distinguish the difference between a passive stance and an attack position. The police will never be able to get there in enough time (or, for that matter, in enough numbers to make a bit of difference). They have picked up your scent.

What will you do?

Boomstick.

Feral on

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Elkamil and his [chat]ocracy need to be burned to the ground.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    May God aid you on your bloodthirsty self-salvage mission, Feral. Remember, the woods offer protection for both you and them.

---

Denison Witmer needs to get his ass back out to the LA area.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Remember, the woods offer protection for both you and them.

Fire.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2007
    I want to see a flock of frightened ostriches in a bamboo forest.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Fire.

smokey3uv7.jpg

Gim on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Fire.

onlyyou9pd.jpg

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Fire.

Solves everything.

--

Fucking bears: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Incenjucar/fireguy.jpg

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Only trip hop can prevent forest fires.

Gim on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    (context: I recently got my first pc, and I've previously played through part of HL2 but don't own it)

How do Half Life episodes 1 and 2 compare in length and quality to HL2? I'm thinking about getting the orange box, and between the five games I'll probably go ahead and do it anyway regardless of the answers, but I'm curious.

Smasher on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    incenjubeavym8.jpg

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I still have some of my old Kusu art sitting around my photobucket somewhere.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I still have some of my old Kusu art sitting around my photobucket somewhere.

I only have the one.

I miss the old carefree days of making horribly bad attempts at webcomics sometimes. These days I just make story boards occassionally.

Anyways, night [chat].

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    incenjubeavym8.jpg

<3<3<3

Gim on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Also, for those of you afraid to go into G&T, this is the only worthy [Let's Play] thread that will ever exist.

Gim on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Please tell me I'm not being as obtuse or idiotic as the Atomic Covered Wagon guy. I don't mind being right/wrong so long as I'm still cogent.

moniker on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    so about that essay
    i quit
    seriously
    tomorrow will blow chunks

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular