Options

[WoW] [WoW] I hate myself. Hope, Hate, and Happiness Thread

• Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm pretty sure taunt doesn't fail though, so if your enemy sees it, it just adds insult to his hopefully fatal injury.

Plus you can taunt class pets off of squishies.

I like casting beast lore on druids in animal forms. It's just funny.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    SabinXLSabinXL Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Eri wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure taunt doesn't fail though, so if your enemy sees it, it just adds insult to his hopefully fatal injury.

Nofair.jpg

SabinXL on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Happy: Finally getting into an Army fighting course.

Hate: Getting a concussion on day 2.

So-So: Got my Shaman to 53 on pain meds. Now it's my highest ever character.

Toothy on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Do you actually use the /giggle emote?

Frequently.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nubstrider wrote: »
    I reckon that should be a thread on it's own!

The Adventures of The Giggler.

Where will he show up next? Who will his next victim be?

"Where's Waldo?" for a new age!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Toothy wrote: »

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    <.<

>.>

/shrug.

Toothy on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Happyness:

Going in and not only one shotting Vashj but just steamrolling her. We had rogues just sitting there and twiddling their thumbs while they waited for naga to spawn. Not bad after a couple weeks of not touching her while we worked on Kael.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Toothy wrote: »

Which course?

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Combatives level 2. I'm not a very big dude. I was (literally) outweighed by the seventeen other people in the class by around 50 pounds. This guy was just big enough to sit up with me on top of him, and slam my head into the ground on our way back to the mats.

I have fun with this stuff, but some people are too goddamn aggressive. I weigh 150, and I'll tap if you ask me to. I don't like getting the shit kicked out of me all day by you guys and then when you want me to stop doing anything becuse you're tired from ringing my bell.

I don't have little man's syndrome, but jesus, learning environment?

Toothy on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, when I went through Combatives Level 2, I almost quit a bunch of times. It's a bad learning environment; most of the people are there to just beat the fuck out of each other, not learn how to teach people back at their home unit the basics of BJJ.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mgcw wrote: »

I got those pants after running kara eleventy billion times. I'm gonna throw some +stamina gems in them :P

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Yeah, when I went through Combatives Level 2, I almost quit a bunch of times. It's a bad learning environment; most of the people are there to just beat the fuck out of each other, not learn how to teach people back at their home unit the basics of BJJ.

Blow Job Jivin'?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well, we finally got our alternate Kara run going last night. Took my Paladin in for the first time. Considering everyone was basically geared low and our DPS was half what our primary run puts out, we did all right. Took down Attumen, Moroes and Opera without wiping.

Of course, I didn't win anything, but I haven't won anything in kara in five months, so it's all good.

The hate part of this is no matter what, when you LFM to fill out your raid, you get at least one asshat. At least. We had one and yeah. Asshat.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Bikkstah wrote:

Being an E-4 (waiting for points) in a class full of angry Drill Sergeants doesn't help either. (I'm over-exagerrating a little, most Drills I know are pretty damn cool. Still feel out of place without some chevrons on my chest.)

Edit: Go, go off-topic top of page! To WoW it up, anyone have some advice for getting through the 50s? I am getting really bored tooling around in Un'Goro.

Toothy on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    50's still just drag, despite the xp changes.

Ungoro's easy and got me to about 54. Then I moved to WPL, and Silithus. But I'm a warlock, and can usually fight mobs 5 levels above me. However there should be a bunch of easy quests in burning steppes/searing gorge. And above 55 you've got EPL and Winterspring.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

The hate part of this is no matter what, when you LFM to fill out your raid, you get at least one asshat. At least. We had one and yeah. Asshat.

Agreed. We also get at least 5 people telling us that "kara is for nubs", or "lol people still run kara after s3?". And though these people are easily /ignored, it's still annoying.

mfc144 on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    SabinXL wrote: »

Nofair.jpg

CANNOT BE TAMED 8-)

riz on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    riz wrote: »

Nofair.jpg

CANNOT BE TAMED 8-)

That ability to tame PC's is coming in 2.4.

It's an instant cast spell and lasts until tamed PC disconnects.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    riz wrote: »

Nofair.jpg

CANNOT BE TAMED 8-)

That ability to tame PC's is coming in 2.4.

It's an instant cast spell and lasts until tamed PC disconnects.

And to think, that used to be called "a bug", now it's just "a feature".

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Working as intended IMO

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Does that mean I can get tamed and then go afk for the rest of the instance?

Also, HATE: Blade dance. Yes, getting hit 3 times in a row for all of my health is so much fun! We only beat it after we got a lock to replace the hunter, giving us an imp and more dps, and it still took a health pot, a healthstone, a soulstone, a brez and an innervate >_<.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Happy: Just caught 2 vendorfish within a minute of one another. Why helothar 12g.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Would it really be worth the time to level both cooking and fishing on a new character?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cooking is pretty easy IMO, just do it as you level and it's not a problem.

Fishing, OTOH, can suck it.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Would it really be worth the time to level both cooking and fishing on a new character?

I'm crazy in that I actually like fishing, so, maybe. It's simpler to do it at 70, though.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Do fishing in small bites and use it to level cooking at the same time.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ug, fishing. I only took it because my wife took it and loves doing it. Now I wish there was some way to get secondary skills off my skill tab.

Ironically, I took it on my shaman because I use him to farm.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Happy: My luck lately, first cooking daily that I've done and I got the chocolate cake recipe.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »

Blow Job Jivin'?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I really like being a warlock. At lv12 my cast rotation is: Corruption, Immolate, CoAgony, /dance.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I really like being a warlock. At lv12 my cast rotation is: Corruption, Immolate, CoAgony, /dance.

Yeah its pretty fun. I really should roll one sometime.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Happy: A hard earned S3 mace with soulfrost.

Brings my +shadow to 1337 :P

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hate: Lack of strategy in PvP. It's all "burst that guy" and "focus fire that other guy" and an uncomfortable importance placed upon these aspects simply by virtue of their own use; it's an arms race that requires no thought, only more and more damage. That's not strategy, that's a distinct lack thereof. Yes, things besides damage are needed, but they're not as important. Blizzard isn't even really to blame for this; it's the players who insist on going for the burstiest classes, talents, teams, gear, etcetera.

Hope: Either Blizzard counteracts this somehow, or other MMO developers avoid this problem entirely.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Very happy: finally got used to using pounce as an opener on my horde druid. It is hax. I don't even have to be behind a mob to open, and I can knock off half their life bar before they can do anything? Still don't know why they hold back the fun skills.

artifexite on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Saeris wrote: »
    Hate: Lack of strategy in PvP. It's all "burst that guy" and "focus fire that other guy" and an uncomfortable importance placed upon these aspects simply by virtue of their own use; it's an arms race that requires no thought, only more and more damage. That's not strategy, that's a distinct lack thereof. Yes, things besides damage are needed, but they're not as important. Blizzard isn't even really to blame for this; it's the players who insist on going for the burstiest classes, talents, teams, gear, etcetera.

Hope: Either Blizzard counteracts this somehow, or other MMO developers avoid this problem entirely.

It, like everything else in WoW is all about group composition.

No Holy Pally? Hahahah have fun getting over 1800!
    No Stereotypical MS Warrior? See above.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Super Happy: The Macro Saeris made for me tonight.

Thank you Saeris I love you! I'm sure some screenies will be making their way onto these boards soon. If not today, then by the end of the week when the guild is ready to Gkick me.

<3

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That was Saeris? Awesome.

Happy: I met Saeris. Also, I modified his work to totally fuck up a macro! HUZZAH!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Happy: the new Dustwallow Marsh. Unreported is that the new goblin city there has a flight point. This is HUGE for the Alliance in the area. You have no idea how many times I had to make that trip when leveling my original character -- which is why neither my rogue nor shaman did much more than grab the flight point on their way to Shimmering Flats...

Put bluntly, I've gotten three levels in Dustwallow (36-39) and I'm still getting yellow quests. I'm probably going to hit 40 in STV just to clear up some space in my quest log (which has been perpetually around 25).

Oh, and there's a wonderfully fun quest there involving killing a sea monster with mortars I am *SO* bringing my main back to try :) I know if a lower level is doing the quest and a high-level comes to help it fails the quest, but I'm hoping my main can do it anyway.

One thing I am noticing about leveling now as opposed to when I leveled my main & rogue through this content is how much easier it is to raise city rep now that quest rep isn't decreased by level. I *worked* at doing quests with my main when leveling, and my priest and shaman have much better city rep. This matters now, with pricing rewards at Revered and Exalted (used to stop at honored) so I'm getting tempted to run my main through some of the dwarf/night elf newbie quests just for the rep.

Anyway, my priest is clearly going to be ready for the Winter Veil. The question now -- do I go back to grinding my main (dailies and working toward Frozen Shadoweave Set)? Do I keep leveling the priest? Or do I see if maybe I can get my warrior WV-ready too?

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Good to hear. I'm about to start the horde-side Dustwallow quests now. I don't think I've ever done any Dustwallow quests whatsoever in my career. :P

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.