The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Sony: don't play old games anymore buy new ones.

1141517192023

Posts

  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    Monaro wrote: »
    Death of Rats: I've been arguing that for nigh on 24 pages now, and still some struggle with the concept. It's the most simple combination of fact, logic, and market forces, that any high school kid could grasp.

    I give up. Maybe I'll revisit this thread 3 years from now, when some PA'ers are still yelling "But... but BLU RAY!!!" and wondering why the PS3 finished third. I have better things to do than explain that water is wet.

    Ah there’s the bias, I knew it was there. What makes you think it’s going to finish third? You ever heard of the tortes and the hair? :lol: ;-) I'll be here in 3 years... not that I care what position the PS3 ends up, there’s gonna be some bad ass games to come. (on all systems 8-) )

    ...dude.

    The Tortes and the hair?

    Also, if we can leave the land of make believe, and maybe look at.. you know, console history... a slow start isn't always the first step to a magical victory against the odds. Ask the gamecube.

    Man I was kidding with that, let me edit it and put in a winking face.

    A torte is a type of cake. A hair is what you have on your head. No winky can get you out of the weirdest typo I've read in weeks.

    And I know you had a winky there, that doesn't mean you have a safety net should anyone question a comment. Besides, if you didn't mean what you said, it'd mean you don't think the PS3 can have an unexpected comeback.. which you have been arguing all along it can.

    plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    Really though, I'd wait for after 2008, then I think it would be a better time to go back to spewing out crap :)

    Is that why you've got your tongue firmly planted up Sony's ass now?

    That's a rather uncalled for comment. The PS3 isn't even a year old yet, roughly 3-4 weeks. He's being reasonable. The first "must have" 360 game that I heard everyone talking about was Gears. And that was released 15 days (US) before the 360's 1st birthday.

    Unless Mass Effect is released in the next 3-4 weeks that only makes Halo 3 the big must have in the 360's 2nd year as everything else is multi-plat and doesn't count. Now I know people can start listing games they enjoy, but they are not on the everyone must have list.

    Mass Effect is going to be released in the next 3-4 weeks...
    The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, Mass Effect November 20. That is extreamly low, it's just the type of move I'd expect from MS. I'll give you that I was off on my dates, somehow I inverted the 22 & 20. So now I'm going to have to back up and wait and see by a month at least on how Mass Effect does sale wise.

    You do realise that most games are traditionally released on a thursday right?

    Blake T on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    Really though, I'd wait for after 2008, then I think it would be a better time to go back to spewing out crap :)

    Is that why you've got your tongue firmly planted up Sony's ass now?

    That's a rather uncalled for comment. The PS3 isn't even a year old yet, roughly 3-4 weeks. He's being reasonable. The first "must have" 360 game that I heard everyone talking about was Gears. And that was released 15 days (US) before the 360's 1st birthday.

    Unless Mass Effect is released in the next 3-4 weeks that only makes Halo 3 the big must have in the 360's 2nd year as everything else is multi-plat and doesn't count. Now I know people can start listing games they enjoy, but they are not on the everyone must have list.

    Mass Effect is going to be released in the next 3-4 weeks...
    The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, Mass Effect November 20. That is extreamly low, it's just the type of move I'd expect from MS. I'll give you that I was off on my dates, somehow I inverted the 22 & 20. So now I'm going to have to back up and wait and see by a month at least on how Mass Effect does sale wise.

    ...getting a game out in time for christmas is low now?

    Seriously, you think the timing of the release is just so they can say xbox360 had another great game in it's second year?

    plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hardly a screwup.

    It is a beautiful peice of technology that's only fault is being too advanced for its time.
    Sure, Sony might not make alot of money from it, but the people who own them, are happy with them.

    I never said anything otherwise. I'm pointing out where the market is heading. You're using subjective opinions about what you want. There's a difference here bucko.


    Absolutely nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. Sure, it may be a niche, it might be the 3rd running console, Sony fucked up a few times, but the fact is, I don;t give a shit about Sony, I don't give a shit about sales figures. If there are only 4 games a year worth buying, I'll be happy. I don't expect to be wanting to play PS3 every day all day for the next 5 years.

    Again, point out where I said you wouldn't be happy. All I was doing is pointing out why the 360 isn't going to have space problems.
    Anyway, I'll be getting a new computer sometime early next year, and WHOOPS!! I'll have all the good games the Xbox has, with modability.

    Good for you. I don't care. I'm talking about the market. What system is going to get the most games. What I'm not talking about is my personal preference.
    Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

    What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

    Well, you'll miss FFXIV. Because if you think that that's going PS3 you're nuts. You'll miss whatever comes after MGS4. Because again, whatever it is isn't going to the PS3.
    Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.

    So you count being on the 360 and PC it being multiplatform? I've never really understood that stance. Really the only reason most 360 games end up being on the PC as well is because they're developed by American or European companies, who look at the PC as a viable platform. But again, I really don't have to say anything.

    I never said the 360 was going to get a lot of exclusive games. All I said is that the PS3 isn't going to get a lot of exclusive games, and that games that are multiplatform are going to be designed on the 360 first, then ported to the PS3. Which removes the benefits of Blu-ray.

    But since your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking, and you have a very crappy understanding of the market, I guess I shouldn't have expected to understand that I wasn't dissing PS3 owners. I was just stating the facts as I see them as far as the current generation.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Why don't you wait for 2008 to come and pass before you start spewing crap like that. You have no idea what 08' holds. For all we know Wii could be short lived and by 09' people be like WiiWhat? X360 production plant could get the ring of death and PS3 finally do enough folding@home to win a nobel. *all joking aside*

    Really though, I'd wait for after 2008, then I think it would be a better time to go back to spewing out crap :)


    I don't have to wait for 2008 to see where things are headed.

    Seriously, what in 2008 is going to cause the PS3 to catch up to the Wii? Or even the 360?

    MSG4? FFXIII? Neither game is going to sell as well as Halo 3. Neither of these games is going to cause the PS3 to sell out every shipment for a year. How many units a month for a year would the PS3 need to sell to catch up to either of the other systems? Even if the other systems stopped selling right now? I'm betting it'd be more than either other system is selling at the moment.

    Look at the trends. Look at previous generations. The PS3 is (being kind) the Gamecube of this generation. It'll get 1-3 good third party exclusives a year. The rest will be ports from the 360 or first party games.

    Or, to not be kind, the PS3 is the Saturn of this generation. in 2-3 years Sony is going to realize that with how badly they've fucked up they can't fix it this generation, and they'll end up starting the next generation early.

    Yes, there will be good games on the PS3. But it's not going to cause 360 games to be multi dvd. It's not going to cause every 360 game to require an install. The PS3 is going to have it's own little niche of people playing it, but overall it's not going to be remembered as anything other than "Sony's Third generation screwup". Just like the N64. And the Saturn.

    Hardly a screwup.

    It is a beautiful peice of technology that's only fault is being too advanced for its time.
    Sure, Sony might not make alot of money from it, but the people who own them, are happy with them.

    Absolutely nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. Sure, it may be a niche, it might be the 3rd running console, Sony fucked up a few times, but the fact is, I don;t give a shit about Sony, I don't give a shit about sales figures. If there are only 4 games a year worth buying, I'll be happy. I don't expect to be wanting to play PS3 every day all day for the next 5 years.

    Anyway, I'll be getting a new computer sometime early next year, and WHOOPS!! I'll have all the good games the Xbox has, with modability.

    Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

    What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

    Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.

    Edit: Still bitching about BC?

    20gb has it, as does the 80gb.

    Also, 4 cords once a week, and $50.

    So you have no qualms on spending $1500-$2000 on a new computer, but yet the cost of an xbox seems out of reach.

    And as I have said before. 20gb is discontinued, 80gb is not available in Australia, the 60gb has been annouced to be discontinued in Australia. There is no PS3 which is near a reasonable price yet and when one does finally reach a reasonable price it wont have BC.

    In 4 weeks I can have a 360 and still have enough in my account for another one.

    But why, when I can have a new computer, a PS3, and have near total game coverage?


    I'll pitch the question again:
    If I have a PS3 and a computer, what 360 games will I be missing?

    Perhaps the PS3's strength isnt in blu-ray, but in the above question?

    The Black Hunter on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    In 4 weeks I can have a 360 and still have enough in my account for another one.

    But why, when I can have a new computer, a PS3, and have near total game coverage?


    I'll pitch the question again:
    If I have a PS3 and a computer, what 360 games will I be missing?

    Perhaps the PS3's strength isnt in blu-ray, but in the above question?


    Well, at the moment you'd be missing $150 from your wallet. You know, seeing how if you'd buy a 360 and a computer you'd be in the same position but have more money.

    Also, don't start LISTWARZ part 2491. It doesn't add to the conversation. It's pointless.

    Edit: What TSR said.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Why don't you wait for 2008 to come and pass before you start spewing crap like that. You have no idea what 08' holds. For all we know Wii could be short lived and by 09' people be like WiiWhat? X360 production plant could get the ring of death and PS3 finally do enough folding@home to win a nobel. *all joking aside*

    Really though, I'd wait for after 2008, then I think it would be a better time to go back to spewing out crap :)


    I don't have to wait for 2008 to see where things are headed.

    Seriously, what in 2008 is going to cause the PS3 to catch up to the Wii? Or even the 360?

    MSG4? FFXIII? Neither game is going to sell as well as Halo 3. Neither of these games is going to cause the PS3 to sell out every shipment for a year. How many units a month for a year would the PS3 need to sell to catch up to either of the other systems? Even if the other systems stopped selling right now? I'm betting it'd be more than either other system is selling at the moment.

    Look at the trends. Look at previous generations. The PS3 is (being kind) the Gamecube of this generation. It'll get 1-3 good third party exclusives a year. The rest will be ports from the 360 or first party games.

    Or, to not be kind, the PS3 is the Saturn of this generation. in 2-3 years Sony is going to realize that with how badly they've fucked up they can't fix it this generation, and they'll end up starting the next generation early.

    Yes, there will be good games on the PS3. But it's not going to cause 360 games to be multi dvd. It's not going to cause every 360 game to require an install. The PS3 is going to have it's own little niche of people playing it, but overall it's not going to be remembered as anything other than "Sony's Third generation screwup". Just like the N64. And the Saturn.

    Hardly a screwup.

    It is a beautiful peice of technology that's only fault is being too advanced for its time.
    Sure, Sony might not make alot of money from it, but the people who own them, are happy with them.

    Absolutely nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. Sure, it may be a niche, it might be the 3rd running console, Sony fucked up a few times, but the fact is, I don;t give a shit about Sony, I don't give a shit about sales figures. If there are only 4 games a year worth buying, I'll be happy. I don't expect to be wanting to play PS3 every day all day for the next 5 years.

    Anyway, I'll be getting a new computer sometime early next year, and WHOOPS!! I'll have all the good games the Xbox has, with modability.

    Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

    What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

    Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.

    Edit: Still bitching about BC?

    20gb has it, as does the 80gb.

    Also, 4 cords once a week, and $50.

    So you have no qualms on spending $1500-$2000 on a new computer, but yet the cost of an xbox seems out of reach.

    And as I have said before. 20gb is discontinued, 80gb is not available in Australia, the 60gb has been annouced to be discontinued in Australia. There is no PS3 which is near a reasonable price yet and when one does finally reach a reasonable price it wont have BC.

    In 4 weeks I can have a 360 and still have enough in my account for another one.

    But why, when I can have a new computer, a PS3, and have near total game coverage?


    I'll pitch the question again:
    If I have a PS3 and a computer, what 360 games will I be missing?

    Perhaps the PS3's strength isnt in blu-ray, but in the above question?

    why list them when all you're going to do is say you don't care about them or start listing sony exclusives in return?

    TheSonicRetard on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh you'll get heaps of games with your blessed PC/PS3 combo. Heaps of games where you will already know the ending because it's been slathered all over the internet. Heaps of games that no one really wants to talk about because they've all finished the game and have moved onto something new. Heaps of games where when you get online there will be less people on there because most people bought the 360 version. And heaps of games where when you play online there will be people using exploits. Heaps of games where the controls are gimped because they were designed with a 360 controllor in mind.

    Blake T on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Oh you'll get heaps of games with your blessed PC/PS3 combo. Heaps of games where you will already know the ending because it's been slathered all over the internet. Heaps of games that no one really wants to talk about because they've all finished the game and have moved onto something new. Heaps of games where when you get online there will be less people on there because most people bought the 360 version. And heaps of games where when you play online there will be people using exploits. Heaps of games where the controls are gimped because they were designed with a 360 controllor in mind.

    I don't know the endings of any of the big names yet.

    I watched the ending sequences of Bioshock on youtube last night, and I had no contextm so they meant nothing, leaving plenty of room for enjoyment later.

    And it's not like there is a Dumbledore Dies campaign for them either.

    Also, Do you know many 12 year olds on Halo 1/2/3 PC?

    No, most of the retardation stuck with the console.

    Also, I don't tend to talk about games with my friends. There are often better things to do.

    @Sonic: I promise you I wont start a Exclusives war.

    I honestly have nothing against buying a 360

    Though arguing in this thread did make me realise the above point, so unless it is something that is actually AAA then I won't.

    The Black Hunter on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    In 4 weeks I can have a 360 and still have enough in my account for another one.

    But why, when I can have a new computer, a PS3, and have near total game coverage?


    I'll pitch the question again:
    If I have a 360 and a NOTHING ELSE, what PS3 games will I be missing?

    Perhaps the PS3's strength isnt in blu-ray, but in the above question?

    DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

    (As a disclaimer I personally don't care for MGS [I hate the controls, it does however have an entertainingly ridiculous story] and I don't really play the FF series)

    Blake T on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Oh you'll get heaps of games with your blessed PC/PS3 combo. Heaps of games where you will already know the ending because it's been slathered all over the internet. Heaps of games that no one really wants to talk about because they've all finished the game and have moved onto something new. Heaps of games where when you get online there will be less people on there because most people bought the 360 version. And heaps of games where when you play online there will be people using exploits. Heaps of games where the controls are gimped because they were designed with a 360 controllor in mind.

    I don't know the endings of any of the big names yet.

    I watched the ending sequences of Bioshock on youtube last night, and I had no contextm so they meant nothing, leaving plenty of room for enjoyment later.

    And it's not like there is a Dumbledore Dies campaign for them either.

    Also, Do you know many 12 year olds on Halo 1/2/3 PC?

    No, most of the retardation stuck with the console.

    How many people do you know on Halo PC?

    I've run into one person being a dick on Halo 3 so far. I muted him, yet to have a real problem.

    Blake T on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Also, Do you know many 12 year olds on Halo 1/2/3 PC?

    No, most of the retardation stuck with the console.

    To be honest, I don't know of anyone of any age who plays Halo 1 or 2 on the PC. Probably because the online community on the PC consisted of twelve people at its height and slowly bled away.

    Besides, the PC ports of the Halo games have been utter shit and I don't know many people who have been waiting with bated breath for them ever.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    In 4 weeks I can have a 360 and still have enough in my account for another one.

    But why, when I can have a new computer, a PS3, and have near total game coverage?


    I'll pitch the question again:
    If I have a 360 and a NOTHING ELSE, what PS3 games will I be missing?

    Perhaps the PS3's strength isnt in blu-ray, but in the above question?

    DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

    (As a disclaimer I personally don't care for MGS [I hate the controls, it does however have an entertainingly ridiculous story] and I don't really play the FF series)

    Resistance, Motorstorm, Haze, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, actually, just go here http://www.ps3land.com/article-419.php

    It's a bit out of date, infact, alot out of date, and few of the games are sellers.

    The Black Hunter on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

    No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

    plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

    No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

    I didn't say there wasn't, but like you said, few people will be on PC, as they all have 360's, and I think a 14 year old is more likely to have a 360 than a gaming computer.

    The Black Hunter on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    plufim wrote: »
    Monaro wrote: »
    Death of Rats: I've been arguing that for nigh on 24 pages now, and still some struggle with the concept. It's the most simple combination of fact, logic, and market forces, that any high school kid could grasp.

    I give up. Maybe I'll revisit this thread 3 years from now, when some PA'ers are still yelling "But... but BLU RAY!!!" and wondering why the PS3 finished third. I have better things to do than explain that water is wet.

    Ah there’s the bias, I knew it was there. What makes you think it’s going to finish third? You ever heard of the tortes and the hair? :lol: ;-) I'll be here in 3 years... not that I care what position the PS3 ends up, there’s gonna be some bad ass games to come. (on all systems 8-) )

    ...dude.

    The Tortes and the hair?

    Also, if we can leave the land of make believe, and maybe look at.. you know, console history... a slow start isn't always the first step to a magical victory against the odds. Ask the gamecube.

    Man I was kidding with that, let me edit it and put in a winking face.

    A torte is a type of cake. A hair is what you have on your head. No winky can get you out of the weirdest typo I've read in weeks.

    And I know you had a winky there, that doesn't mean you have a safety net should anyone question a comment. Besides, if you didn't mean what you said, it'd mean you don't think the PS3 can have an unexpected comeback.. which you have been arguing all along it can.

    You even know what I've been arguing? The main reason I jumped into this thread is because of the people crying about BC. They act like because 1 model doesn't have it none of them do. Which is untrue. Anything is possible in the future. PS3 could come back, it might hit rock bottom. No one knows, that’s why I said wait for 08 to come and pass. PS3 could get lucky and release some killer apps, boost sales and be in a totally different position going into 09', or it could just keep sucking, no one really knows.

    I'm not here to argue if the PS3 is bad ass or not, that was never my intention. People started going off on BR... I think BR is an awesome feature to have, I just recently got my first HDTV and was able to combo in my BR player into my PS3. Less shit I have to buy, less shit in my entertainment center... + a BR player that gets firmware updates, how cool is that. Anyways, I only post here while I'm at work. I work 12hr shifts at AMD (nights :( ... but more $$)... I do have to get back to work, it has been much fun debating. People that start name calling really need to relax. Stop taking your frustrations out on me. :lol:

    BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

    No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

    I didn't say there wasn't, but like you said, few people will be on PC, as they all have 360's, and I think a 14 year old is more likely to have a 360 than a gaming computer.

    Someone missed out on Counter-Strike, then?

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

    No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

    I just love how people think this is a new thing. I remember playing Diablo and having people dupe shit and be assholes. I remember playing Battlezone and having people be assholes. I remember playing Duke Nukem 3d and having people be assholes. And guess what? I played Duke Nukem 3d online way back in 1997. I was 13 at the time.

    People of all different ages have been playing games online since the concept of online gaming came to be. Assholes have been doing it as well. It's not a new thing. It's not exclusive to any system. It's a fact of life. Stupid assholes exist and you might end up running into one every once in a while.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • HenroidHenroid Internet Pariah Going nowhere, but fast.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    plufim wrote: »
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

    No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

    I didn't say there wasn't, but like you said, few people will be on PC, as they all have 360's, and I think a 14 year old is more likely to have a 360 than a gaming computer.

    Someone missed out on Counter-Strike, then?

    Hey now! No hitting below the belt.

    Henroid on
    My stream channel of garbo!
    Schedule to come soon-ish.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm gonna go the way of baker here, you guys are getting really irritable, and I can tell its only a matter of time before you simply just chortle among yourselves while ignoring what I say.

    EDIT: I don't like counterstrike.

    I know a few players IRL and they aren't desirable people, thats not to say I haven't played it.

    I just dislike it.

    The Black Hunter on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    In 4 weeks I can have a 360 and still have enough in my account for another one.

    But why, when I can have a new computer, a PS3, and have near total game coverage?


    I'll pitch the question again:
    If I have a 360 and a NOTHING ELSE, what PS3 games will I be missing?

    Perhaps the PS3's strength isnt in blu-ray, but in the above question?

    DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

    (As a disclaimer I personally don't care for MGS [I hate the controls, it does however have an entertainingly ridiculous story] and I don't really play the FF series)

    Resistance, Motorstorm, Haze, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, actually, just go here http://www.ps3land.com/article-419.php

    It's a bit out of date, infact, alot out of date, and few of the games are sellers.

    Lets see Resistence, in fact I like this quote about it.
    Imagine, if you will, that history as you know it never happened. Say, that instead of crazy Nazis rampaging through Europe, World War II was an epic struggle against a race of extraterrestrials, hell-bent on global domination and stuffing people into tiny tubes. Actually, that's ridiculous. Let's say, instead, Halo never happened - that, frankly would make our lives much easier. Then we could say, "Woo! Resistance! Best console FPS ever!" and go home.

    And they were talking about Halo 2.

    Heavenly sword, is there anywhere that actually reviewed this game well?

    Ratchet and Clark, to be honest I have never played them, they could be really good games, but I have no real interest in them though, nothings really made me look at them.

    Haze could be good, it's also not an actual exclusive they just are only developing on the PS3.

    Blake T on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm gonna go the way of baker here, you guys are getting really irritable, and I can tell its only a matter of time before you simply just chortle among yourselves while ignoring what I say.

    The problem is that you're not reading what people are saying. We're getting irritable because anyone arguing that the PS3 is going to do just fine doesn't seem to read any one else's posts. There are people on this board who like the PS3 and argue it's going to do fine and actually know how to hold a conversation. The people posting in this thread do not seem to be capable of that.

    Basically they're not saying anything of any relevance. They're posting Sony's warped view on the world. The "there's 7-8 years left in this generation" comment pretty much proves that.

    Basically, jumping into a thread about the gaming MARKET and not knowing anything about the gaming MARKET is a really bad idea.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm gonna go the way of baker here, you guys are getting really irritable, and I can tell its only a matter of time before you simply just chortle among yourselves while ignoring what I say.

    The problem is that you're not reading what people are saying. We're getting irritable because anyone arguing that the PS3 is going to do just fine doesn't seem to read any one else's posts. There are people on this board who like the PS3 and argue it's going to do fine and actually know how to hold a conversation. The people posting in this thread do not seem to be capable of that.

    Basically they're not saying anything of any relevance. They're posting Sony's warped view on the world. The "there's 7-8 years left in this generation" comment pretty much proves that.

    Basically, jumping into a thread about the gaming MARKET and not knowing anything about the gaming MARKET is a really bad idea.

    I didn't say that because Sony did, I said that because It's how long the previous generation lasted.

    You've hardly been addressing all my points in the last couple of pages either.

    What games will I totally and completely miss, with a PS3 and PC combo?

    The Black Hunter on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    More importantly, who honestly gives a fuck?
    I did because it was part of a debate point I was going to use. But more interesting things have popped up to debate about so I no longer care as well.

    Dark Shroud on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I didn't say that because Sony did, I said that because It's how long the previous generation lasted.

    Guys, I've worked it out. He's from a parallel dimension. Where the PS2 has apparently been out for 8-9 years.

    In this version of reality, the PS2 has been out for 7 years, with the last one of those crossing over with the next generation.

    plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm gonna go the way of baker here, you guys are getting really irritable, and I can tell its only a matter of time before you simply just chortle among yourselves while ignoring what I say.

    The problem is that you're not reading what people are saying. We're getting irritable because anyone arguing that the PS3 is going to do just fine doesn't seem to read any one else's posts. There are people on this board who like the PS3 and argue it's going to do fine and actually know how to hold a conversation. The people posting in this thread do not seem to be capable of that.

    Basically they're not saying anything of any relevance. They're posting Sony's warped view on the world. The "there's 7-8 years left in this generation" comment pretty much proves that.

    Basically, jumping into a thread about the gaming MARKET and not knowing anything about the gaming MARKET is a really bad idea.

    I didn't say that because Sony did, I said that because It's how long the previous generation lasted.

    You've hardly been addressing all my points in the last couple of pages either.

    What games will I totally and completely miss, with a PS3 and PC combo?

    You will miss the most important game of your lifetime as it is, at this moment, a 360 exclusive, and there are no plans to port it to the PC.

    See if you can guess what it is!

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ooooo! ooooo!

    Beautiful Katamari?

    Blake T on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    plufim wrote: »
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

    Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

    No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

    I didn't say there wasn't, but like you said, few people will be on PC, as they all have 360's, and I think a 14 year old is more likely to have a 360 than a gaming computer.

    Someone missed out on Counter-Strike, then?

    To be fair, one does not need an expensive computer to play CS. Hell, I played on a computer I built out of random crap in a computer class I had in high school. Pentium 2 350Mhz, 64 MB SDRAM and some shitty Intel 4x AGP video card.

    Dusda on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You even know what I've been arguing? The main reason I jumped into this thread is because of the people crying about BC. They act like because 1 model doesn't have it none of them do. Which is untrue. Anything is possible in the future. PS3 could come back, it might hit rock bottom. No one knows, that’s why I said wait for 08 to come and pass. PS3 could get lucky and release some killer apps, boost sales and be in a totally different position going into 09', or it could just keep sucking, no one really knows.

    I'm not here to argue if the PS3 is bad ass or not, that was never my intention. People started going off on BR... I think BR is an awesome feature to have, I just recently got my first HDTV and was able to combo in my BR player into my PS3. Less shit I have to buy, less shit in my entertainment center... + a BR player that gets firmware updates, how cool is that. Anyways, I only post here while I'm at work. I work 12hr shifts at AMD (nights :( ... but more $$)... I do have to get back to work, it has been much fun debating. People that start name calling really need to relax. Stop taking your frustrations out on me. :lol:

    But AS WELL as arguing about BC, you started throwing around hypotheticals about a comeback. You did it again here too, talking about how the PS3 "might get lucky". You can't just say those things and not expect people to question the logic you used, even if it was not the entirety of your argument. I don't have to wait until '08 to be able to argue that "might get lucky" isn't exactly a solid argument, and that past trends in gaming indicate a shakey start is not a good thing.

    I'm not taking out my frustrations on you. You're the cause of them, currently.

    plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I'm gonna go the way of baker here, you guys are getting really irritable, and I can tell its only a matter of time before you simply just chortle among yourselves while ignoring what I say.

    The problem is that you're not reading what people are saying. We're getting irritable because anyone arguing that the PS3 is going to do just fine doesn't seem to read any one else's posts. There are people on this board who like the PS3 and argue it's going to do fine and actually know how to hold a conversation. The people posting in this thread do not seem to be capable of that.

    Basically they're not saying anything of any relevance. They're posting Sony's warped view on the world. The "there's 7-8 years left in this generation" comment pretty much proves that.

    Basically, jumping into a thread about the gaming MARKET and not knowing anything about the gaming MARKET is a really bad idea.

    I didn't say that because Sony did, I said that because It's how long the previous generation lasted.

    It is? The previous generation lasted 7-8 years before the current generation came out? Because I remember the 360 coming out in 2006. And the Dreamcast came out in 1999. To me that's 6 years.

    The current generation didn't start when Sony said it did, bucko. It started in 2006 with the launch of the 360.
    You've hardly been addressing all my points in the last couple of pages either.
    Start making some rational points and I will address them. Until then I don't really need to. There's no reason to respond to someone being delusional.
    What games will I totally and completely miss, with a PS3 and PC combo?

    As I already said, $150 worth of games. Because that's how much less money you'd have than if you had 360/PC combo.

    But on the other hand, I'm not answering that question because it's list warz bullshit. No matter how many games I list you'll shoot them down.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Ooooo! ooooo!

    Beautiful Katamari?

    I'm sorry, but that's wrong.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Are sure? Because I checked wikipedia and everything.

    See!
    Beautiful Katamari has gained extra attention due to the fact that it was originally scheduled as a PlayStation 3 title in addition to the Xbox 360, but development on the PlayStation 3 has apparently been abandoned. All previous Katamari games have been exclusively available on Sony consoles (PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable).

    Blake T on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mass Effect? Did I win?

    What do I win? Halo 3?

    But I already own that. Can I get Viva Pinata?

    Oh wait.. I borrowed that from someone. How about a nice game of Geometry wars?

    Well, that's kinda simple. And you can get it on the PC How about Forza Motorsport?

    But I don't like racing games all that much. But I'd probably like PGR4.

    But again... racing game. How about 50 million dollars worth of GTA4 exclusive content?

    Yeah, I think that's pretty cool.

    And that Dead Rising. That's an awesome game.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Are sure? Because I checked wikipedia and everything.

    See!
    Beautiful Katamari has gained extra attention due to the fact that it was originally scheduled as a PlayStation 3 title in addition to the Xbox 360, but development on the PlayStation 3 has apparently been abandoned. All previous Katamari games have been exclusively available on Sony consoles (PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable).

    But I'm afraid it's not the most important game of your lifetime.

    EDIT:
    Mass Effect? Did I win?

    What do I win? Halo 3?

    But I already own that. Can I get Viva Pinata?

    Oh wait.. I borrowed that from someone. How about a nice game of Geometry wars?

    Well, that's kinda simple. And you can get it on the PC How about Forza Motorsport?

    But I don't like racing games all that much. But I'd probably like PGR4.

    But again... racing game. How about 50 million dollars worth of GTA4 exclusive content?

    Yeah, I think that's pretty cool.

    And that Dead Rising. That's an awesome game.

    I think you won, but there are no prizes until November 20th when you will be able to experience the most important game of your lifetime.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Are sure? Because I checked wikipedia and everything.

    See!
    Beautiful Katamari has gained extra attention due to the fact that it was originally scheduled as a PlayStation 3 title in addition to the Xbox 360, but development on the PlayStation 3 has apparently been abandoned. All previous Katamari games have been exclusively available on Sony consoles (PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable).

    But I'm afraid it's not the most important game of your lifetime.

    EDIT:
    Mass Effect? Did I win?

    What do I win? Halo 3?

    But I already own that. Can I get Viva Pinata?

    Oh wait.. I borrowed that from someone. How about a nice game of Geometry wars?

    Well, that's kinda simple. And you can get it on the PC How about Forza Motorsport?

    But I don't like racing games all that much. But I'd probably like PGR4.

    But again... racing game. How about 50 million dollars worth of GTA4 exclusive content?

    Yeah, I think that's pretty cool.

    And that Dead Rising. That's an awesome game.

    I think you won, but there are no prizes until November 20th when you will be able to experience the most important game of your lifetime.

    I am so tempted to edit the wiki to back me up right now.

    Blake T on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    [QUOTE=Death of Rats;3320249
    Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

    What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

    Well, you'll miss FFXIV. Because if you think that that's going PS3 you're nuts. You'll miss whatever comes after MGS4. Because again, whatever it is isn't going to the PS3.

    You should try rethinking that stance. FFXIV will be an RPG by Square Enix. They cater to their own first, Japan. The 360 doesn't sell there, the PS3 does. So these FFXIV will be on the PS3, the 360 might have a chance of it being ported to the 360. Kojima is the same, nationalistic, only worse for 360 fans Kojima owns all of the Metal Gear IP. He has the final say not matter what the companies ask of him.
    Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.

    So you count being on the 360 and PC it being multi-platform? I've never really understood that stance. Really the only reason most 360 games end up being on the PC as well is because they're developed by American or European companies, who look at the PC as a viable platform. But again, I really don't have to say anything.

    I never said the 360 was going to get a lot of exclusive games. All I said is that the PS3 isn't going to get a lot of exclusive games, and that games that are multi-platform are going to be designed on the 360 first, then ported to the PS3.

    Actually it's easier to port from the PS3 to the 360. If they design for the cell first it's easier to scale the thread use from the SPEs down to the 3 cores and also simplify the memory allocation for the 360's unified memory. And from most reports it starting to be done this way now after the issues EA had in general and a few other games had.

    Which removes the benefits of Blu-ray.

    Oblivion will disagree with you, and soon Lost Planet as well. The PS3 games being released later get bug fixes, all the additional PC mods (if any), and downloadable content on the same disc.

    Dark Shroud on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    [QUOTE=Death of Rats;3320249
    Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

    What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

    Well, you'll miss FFXIV. Because if you think that that's going PS3 you're nuts. You'll miss whatever comes after MGS4. Because again, whatever it is isn't going to the PS3.

    You should try rethinking that stance. FFXIV will be an RPG by Square Enix. They cater to their own first, Japan. The 360 doesn't sell there, the PS3 does. So these FFXIV will be on the PS3, the 360 might have a chance of it being ported to the 360. Kojima is the same, nationalistic, only worse for 360 fans Kojima owns all of the Metal Gear IP. He has the final say not matter what the companies ask of him.

    The Wii sells more there, though, so if SE becomes more concerned with sales for one of their main flagship series, they may consider moving the FF series to the Wii instead of the PS3.

    FCD on
    "If anyone tried to steal your WAX LIPS, you would eat their eyeballs and deliver an angry lecture into their empty sockets." Hearts Boxcars, The Midnight Crew
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.
    What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?
    Well, you'll miss FFXIV. Because if you think that that's going PS3 you're nuts. You'll miss whatever comes after MGS4. Because again, whatever it is isn't going to the PS3.
    You should try rethinking that stance. FFXIV will be an RPG by Square Enix. They cater to their own first, Japan. The 360 doesn't sell there, the PS3 does. So these FFXIV will be on the PS3, the 360 might have a chance of it being ported to the 360. Kojima is the same, nationalistic, only worse for 360 fans Kojima owns all of the Metal Gear IP. He has the final say not matter what the companies ask of him.
    FFXIV will either go to the 360, the DS, or the Wii. Or it won't come out until next generation.

    Kojima will develop where ever he can get published on. After the budget of MGS4, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be the PS3.
    Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.
    So you count being on the 360 and PC it being multi-platform? I've never really understood that stance. Really the only reason most 360 games end up being on the PC as well is because they're developed by American or European companies, who look at the PC as a viable platform. But again, I really don't have to say anything.

    I never said the 360 was going to get a lot of exclusive games. All I said is that the PS3 isn't going to get a lot of exclusive games, and that games that are multi-platform are going to be designed on the 360 first, then ported to the PS3.
    Actually it's easier to port from the PS3 to the 360. If they design for the cell first it's easier to scale the thread use from the SPEs down to the 3 cores and also simplify the memory allocation for the 360's unified memory. And from most reports it starting to be done this way now after the issues EA had in general and a few other games had.
    Back this up for me.
    Which removes the benefits of Blu-ray.
    Oblivion will disagree with you, and soon Lost Planet as well. The PS3 games being released later get bug fixes, all the additional PC mods (if any), and downloadable content on the same disc.
    Wait... a game being release later is a benefit of Blu-ray? I don't think you were replying to what I typed. You were replying to something no one said.

    Death of Rats on
    I design stuff. For people. Who want me to. Even here! Just PM me.
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FCD wrote: »
    You should try rethinking that stance. FFXIV will be an RPG by Square Enix. They cater to their own first, Japan. The 360 doesn't sell there, the PS3 does. So these FFXIV will be on the PS3, the 360 might have a chance of it being ported to the 360. Kojima is the same, nationalistic, only worse for 360 fans Kojima owns all of the Metal Gear IP. He has the final say not matter what the companies ask of him.

    The Wii sells more there, though, so if SE becomes more concerned with sales for one of their main flagship series, they may consider moving the FF series to the Wii instead of the PS3.

    I'd like to say that won't happen, but crazier things have already happened many times. I'll say it's highly unlikely as Square Enix and Nintendo don't have the best history for main consoles and the Wii would be a step back for them as they try to out do their previous game. So it's not probable yet not impossible so we'll have to wait and see since it will be more than a few years before FFXIV, since FFXIII is going to be divided into 3 games.

    Dark Shroud on
Sign In or Register to comment.