As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hellgate†London: It's out. Why aren't you playing it?

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pb wrote: »
    6.8 Gigabytes? It's a good thing I have a fast connection.

and a healthy disrespect for "the man".

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

And the EA download manager.

Wait, that last part isn't so great.

Pb on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    Soo, how the hell do I get rid of the oracle's body in my inventory? I was teaming for the mission, and my buddy used his oracle in the quest, and now I've completed the quests, yet I still have this huge oracle in my bank, that can't be dropped.

Buh?

Yup. There's a later quest where you have to kill mobs, get their parts, and use provided recipes to make stuff. The stuff you make is non-drop, and you have to make 3 items. When the quest finishes, only two of the items are removed, so you're left with 2x2 inventory space that you're never gonna get back.

Wait, in addition to the Oracle, which is 3x2 space in my inventory, I'm gonna lose another 2x2? That seems more than a little ridiculous.

One of my characters still has Wart's prosthetic leg (not the club weapon you get as a reward, the leg from the boss you kill) and hasnt actually finished the quest, and cant. I clicked on Wart and the text completion thingy came up but then immediately closed. I then lost the option to talk to Wart again. The quest sits unfinished in my log but i cant talk to him, and i cant delete the quest, it wont let me. Hopefully a patch will fix this at some point, sounds like a similar thing you've got happening.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My luck with drops continues.

Beat up this giant worm thing and got 3 legendaries to drop. A sword for Templars and a gun and armor for Cabalists.

Is it too much to ask for a kickass gun?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I'm thinking of downloading from EA after PURCHASING *stares at Shankill* it from their online store. It's 40 Oz bucks cheaper for me. Only trouble is I'm near my download cap atm and wont be able to for 2 weeks.

Decisions decisions.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Soo, how the hell do I get rid of the oracle's body in my inventory? I was teaming for the mission, and my buddy used his oracle in the quest, and now I've completed the quests, yet I still have this huge oracle in my bank, that can't be dropped.

Buh?

Yup. There's a later quest where you have to kill mobs, get their parts, and use provided recipes to make stuff. The stuff you make is non-drop, and you have to make 3 items. When the quest finishes, only two of the items are removed, so you're left with 2x2 inventory space that you're never gonna get back.

Wait, in addition to the Oracle, which is 3x2 space in my inventory, I'm gonna lose another 2x2? That seems more than a little ridiculous.

While you can't drop the items, it won't stop you from putting them in the stash instead.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Buh?

Temporary solution to splitting stacks and dropping bugged quest items:
    Until they implement a way to split stacks of Scraps and co, you should go to a crafter, and whenever you put the desirable amount for the item selected into the Crafting window, it would split your stack to the desirable amount for crafting, and the rest will keep in your inventory. You can pick up the smaller part in the Crafting window and drag it to your inventory, so you will have two stacks of the thing you need. Rinse and Repeat for how many stacks you want.

With this method, fill your entire inventory with items or if you don't have enough items, then with small stacks of scraps, put in the Crafting window your undroppable quest item, put another stack of scraps you made once again in your inventory to block that scrap's slot, make sure just the bugged quest item is in the crafting window and your inventory is entirely full, close the crafting window and it would fall off.

Gluck!

Maybe this'll help?

Doronron on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How awesome are Flameshards? I can't find a video of them in use anywhere :(

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yea I wish I would have known the size of the beast before I started the download, won't be finished for another 20 hours, oh well I'll at least have something to look forward too when I get off work tomorrow.

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So how do the preorder dyes and pets work in this?

Does every character you create get them?

Can you get them again later? For example, if I use my lava dye, and want to look different, can I get another lava dye later?

KiTA on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KiTA wrote: »
    So how do the preorder dyes and pets work in this?

Does every character you create get them?

Can you get them again later? For example, if I use my lava dye, and want to look different, can I get another lava dye later?

Every character on your account gets them.

Dye kits are items you can take off and put away.

devoir on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    armour1il4.jpg

I WANT THIS ARMOUR.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    ThrallokThrallok Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's a link to the Gamespot guide: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182055/p-9.html

It has some pretty good information, but I haven't checked through it all so there's probably a few spoilers. I especially reccomend the Mod pages that offer some clarification on what the bonuses actually do.

Thrallok on
    Ya great, lactatin' wet nurse!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Man. S3rial's armour is shit hot.

devoir on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hope they tidy things up the way they were at the end of beta soon. I'm getting awfully tired of fighting the new laggier leaping dogs, and the performance problems. It's fun though, the little it allows me to play. :|

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    FeintFeint Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So after continuing on with the storyline, reading everything carefully, I've finally deduced what happens to that huge demon guy in the intro movie.
    HE'S TOTALLY DOING MY BIDDING MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    BAM.jpg

Feint on
    fixedsig.gif
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    GameHat wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Hmmm

I really wanted to buy this game.

Then I read the req specs on the box - directx 9.0c required. I have an AGP Radeon x850, so I figured no dice (learned my lesson from BioShock, which is still sitting on my shelf, unplayable until I can scrape together the cash for a new PC)

On a whim, I downloaded the demo...

It seems to run just fine. Am I missing something? If I can really get by with just DX9.0 I'll probably pick the game up.

Directx9 in whatever interation /= Shader Model 3.0

Actually, I don't think that's true.

Bioshock requires 9.0c. When I try to play Bioshock, I get so many missing textures as to make the game unplayable.

But maybe I'll try H:L, like I said the demo ran OK

Bioshock requires Shader Model 3.0

You do not have Shader Model 3.0

Bioshock fucks yo' shit up.

It has NOTHING to do with DirectX.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    Man. S3rial's armour is shit hot.
    Thank you :)

I've actually started replacing it with much more boring-looking armor, though.

You see, as awesome as rifleman armor looks, it's entirely shield-based. And as I'm sure we're all aware, shields fucking suck. As such, I've started leaning towards the quartermaster armor. It's nowhere near as flashy. In fact, my helmet it downright embarassing. But you know what? Nightmare is fucking hard. I'd rather be alive, blowing up zombies with flying saw blades than kissing pavement as a fashionable corpse.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Damn, Summoner is pretty cool. I'm going for a "fewer, stronger" demon setup as opposed to many weaklings. Putting points into the Carnagor now (who is a badass), then the Witch Doctor to heal him and then eventually the Warper for a little slice and dice. My buddy who just got the game is gonna go Blademaster and we're gonna tear shit up.

On the topic of the bugs and such, I don't think we should be worrying too much. I see it like this, Flagship released the game when they did for two reasons; A) To coincide with Halloween and B) They were out of funding. When the latter happens we get hastily released games that weren't quite ready for prime time. Is HGL one of those games right now? Yes. But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. They released the game and got a huge influx of money which along with subscriber fees is going to pay for continued development.

I think in a couple months we're all going to look back at these issues and laugh.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    SkavengerSkavenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    Hmmm

I really wanted to buy this game.

Then I read the req specs on the box - directx 9.0c required. I have an AGP Radeon x850, so I figured no dice (learned my lesson from BioShock, which is still sitting on my shelf, unplayable until I can scrape together the cash for a new PC)

On a whim, I downloaded the demo...

It seems to run just fine. Am I missing something? If I can really get by with just DX9.0 I'll probably pick the game up.

Directx9 in whatever interation /= Shader Model 3.0

Actually, I don't think that's true.

Bioshock requires 9.0c. When I try to play Bioshock, I get so many missing textures as to make the game unplayable.

But maybe I'll try H:L, like I said the demo ran OK

Up until about 2 weeks ago during the beta I was running the same card, an x850, with a mixture of medium and high settings (because i hate everything looking like smears) at 1280 x 1024 and it ran ok, would slideshow loading into areas or during massive fights, but I could still play and enjoyed it a lot. My fps averaged around 10-30 when life was good.

So don't expect much, but it's definitely playable. I ended up spending 50 bucks and upgrading to an x1650 and it doubled my fps at the same settings.

Yeah it's still a bad card, generations behind what most are running, but eh, it works, and curse being a poor college student, haha

-Meatflower -- Just so you know summoners can only have 1 demon out at a time, but multiples of the elementals, so sadly no carnagor, doctor, warper trio :-(

Skavenger on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thrallok wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's a link to the Gamespot guide: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182055/p-9.html

It has some pretty good information, but I haven't checked through it all so there's probably a few spoilers. I especially reccomend the Mod pages that offer some clarification on what the bonuses actually do.

Nice info there, especially since I downloaded the game and haven't looked at any sort of manual. :)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So how do I get a boss to respawn for farming purposes? I'd love to go back and beat on some of the early bosses for fat lewts.

KiTA on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man I hate when the mini game wants swords. I can't ever seem to get any.

I started over at level 24. My summoner was boring, I hate the -power mechanic, and I'm fairly certain I blew a ton of skill points.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Are there skill respecs in this game, or do I have to be careful? I'm still waiting for this to finish and I don't want to expose myself to too much before I start.

Pb on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    meatflower wrote: »
    Damn, Summoner is pretty cool. I'm going for a "fewer, stronger" demon setup as opposed to many weaklings. Putting points into the Carnagor now (who is a badass), then the Witch Doctor to heal him and then eventually the Warper for a little slice and dice. My buddy who just got the game is gonna go Blademaster and we're gonna tear shit up.

Carnagor, Witch Doctor, and Warper are all one-off summons. You can't have them all out at once, only one of the three. Sorry to crap all over your build :(

Aistan on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I get reboots from time to time but could be my computer. I'm actually enjoying but definitely some frustration with my shitty box and bugs. Also why why do I never get any drops I can use. If anyone needs low level guns find me in game--not sure how. I'm ThreshSocket but I don't think I have the cpu cycles to run vent.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No respecs. Spend 'em wisely in your uninteresting skills.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I'm playing the demo and I realize that it is nothing like the full game. Just wondering if the graphics are improved at all.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Skavenger wrote: »
    Just so you know summoners can only have 1 demon out at a time, but multiples of the elementals, so sadly no carnagor, doctor, warper trio :-(
    Aistan wrote: »
    Carnagor, Witch Doctor, and Warper are all one-off summons. You can't have them all out at once, only one of the three. Sorry to crap all over your build :(

Aw shucks.

I guess I'll just invest heavily in some healing spells. I *can* heal him right? That and a field gun will do a fine job.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm lost in the demo. Where do you go in the covent steam tunnels

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

That's the end AFAIK.
    So how do I get a boss to respawn for farming purposes? I'd love to go back and beat on some of the early bosses for fat lewts.

Log out, log back in and go find it. Only some of them can be respawned on demand. Shulgoth comes to mind.
    I hope they tidy things up the way they were at the end of beta soon. I'm getting awfully tired of fighting the new laggier leaping dogs, and the performance problems. It's fun though, the little it allows me to play. :|

Performance and ravagers are two things that are addressed in Patch 0.1 coming on November 5th.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So, guys, tell me whether you can tell a difference in the quality of the player model/textures I'm looking at in these two pictures:
    screenshot_000010.jpg
    screenshot_000009.jpg

It's a blind test of some settings that people are saying in the HGL forums improve the character model problem.

devoir on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes, 2nd one is better.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

That's the end AFAIK.

Log out, log back in and go find it. Only some of them can be respawned on demand. Shulgoth comes to mind.

Performance and ravagers are two things that are addressed in Patch 0.1 coming on November 5th.

Seriously?!

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If anyone's interested, the settings I changed are in the settings.xml file

Find the following two lines (they will be separate most likely) and change them to the 3rd and 4th lines.

<MLOD>high</MLOD>
    <TLOD>high</TLOD>

<MLOD>veryhigh</MLOD>
    <TLOD>veryhigh</TLOD>

Be warned that it induces quite a large performance hit for long draw distances and loading.

Pharzeon; we keep saying the demo is complete shit and yet people are surprised when we tell them how. :p

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If anyone's interested, the settings I changed are in the settings.xml file

Find the following two lines (they will be separate most likely) and change them to the 3rd and 4th lines.

<MLOD>high</MLOD>
    <TLOD>high</TLOD>

<MLOD>veryhigh</MLOD>
    <TLOD>veryhigh</TLOD>

Be warned that it induces quite a large performance hit for long draw distances and loading.

Pharzeon; we keep saying the demo is complete shit and yet people are surprised when we tell them how. :p

hehe

Well I like the atmosphere and the environments. I might buy it

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    yeah the 2nd image is noticeably better..but really not enough of a change for me to bother with, sure it looks slightly less horrible, but its still plenty horrible enough

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I was worried about preformance and downloaded the demo to see if it would work.
    ...and it worked alot better then I thought. It was a bit choppy and unresponsive, and sometimes the guy would get stuck swinging., but other than that it played fine. I heard people say the game plays better than the demo, is that true? if so, I might get this game! :D

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Should I have not gone with the Evoker? :| I passed through my first Hellgate(brr, by the way), and got mutilated by the beasty there.

Would a melee combatant do more damage, or will the Evoker become a killing machine later on?

I love the Wasp gun, but it still doesn't kill fast enough to prevent a messy death.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Should I have not gone with the Evoker? :| I passed through my first Hellgate(brr, by the way), and got mutilated by the beasty there.

Would a melee combatant do more damage, or will the Evoker become a killing machine later on?

I love the Wasp gun, but it still doesn't kill fast enough to prevent a messy death.

If you are using a wasp gun on an evoker, you are pretty much doing it wrong. To up your damage you need to dual wield focus items and keep them upgraded. This will up your damage spells quite noticeably.

Edit: if you are using focus weapons, please explain what skills you are using.

intelnavi on
This discussion has been closed.