Options

Hellgate†London: It's out. Why aren't you playing it?

• Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    Will this run on Win2k?

No.

And no announced respecs.
    YOU!

I'm at my girlfriend's, eating dinner, probably watching TV for a bit. I'll be home in a couple hours. If you're not online when I get back, I'm going to devour your firstborn.

I'm at what looks like the home stretch for act 5. It's much more sensible quest-wise than act 4 was, but we'll see. For all I know, I'm about to be sent to another station where it's going to be Act 4: The Revengening.

I also have a brilliant idea to turn that thermo cannon into an AoE rape machine, but I'm having trouble finding the right mods to do it. I did find two of the 20%+ damage mods, though (angelic, I think?). They're quite nice.

ALSO: ATTENTION OLOLPENISARCADEZ!!1

The act 4 boss can drop a named rail pistol. I have one. I want another. Should you come across one and provide it to me, all manner of slavery - sexual or otherwise - shall be yours.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sonofabitch, yesterday it was running fine, today it stops responding right after i login, fuck you hellgate, fuck you

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Liquidator wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not Flagship is going to implement a way to respec? I'm getting really pissed that there's no way to do it right now, and I don't want to have to keep starting a new character to get my build right.

I don't think there will be one. More than likely they will implement some kind of 'confirm your skill' dialog. But other than that, you are stuck with your choices. And honestly, I'm kind of glad its that way.

However, it is only a matter of time before someone comes out with a single player trainer that will let you test skills anyway.

xgalaxy on
    GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Liquidator wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not Flagship is going to implement a way to respec? I'm getting really pissed that there's no way to do it right now, and I don't want to have to keep starting a new character to get my build right.

Doubt it. Use the skill calculator. Honestly, it only took most people a little over a week of playing a couple of hours a night to get to level 22 in beta, so if you really can't handle your build by that point, it's pretty trivial to reroll. You don't have to spend a skill point every time you get one, if you're not sure where to put it, save it.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Will this run on Win2k?
    Not at all; it requires kernel functions introduced in XP SP1 and beyond. This is the first time I have ever regretted my choice of OS.

GetProcessHandleCount emotarghen9.gif

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Poopy!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just to reiterate, there is a PA guild called Arcadians. We run on the PA Vent in the HGL channels setup there for us.

If you know anyone else playing (IRL or online gaming friend) and they're not an asshat, they're more than welcome to join. However, to get an invite you have to find me (devoir) online either via Vent or keep checking whether I'm in the game. At the moment I can delegate guild officers for some reason so I'm the only one who can invite.

Playing the game with a group is really the only way to play. It's more challenging, more fun and you have other folks to talk to while killing demons.

I'm pretty sure we're one of the biggest guilds around at the moment.

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/underground/state-game

State of the Game address from Bill Roper.
    It’s been less than a week since we’ve opened the Hellgate, and we’re ecstatic at how many people have already joined us online. Overall, the game is running really well. Our game servers are incredibly stable and the community has been great about working with us to identify and resolve issue through the forums. We’ve been working through some issues as every new online game does, and as is befitting the season, we’ve our share of both tricks and treats.

Hellgate: London was scheduled to ship to stores by October 30th so it could be available for sale on the 31st. The excitement of retailers having the game on hand won out over our carefully crafted plans and we started seeing anxious gamers wanting to get online a day earlier than expected. Although we had to scramble, we also didn’t want to disappoint our first players, so we opened the servers early.

After the game had been running for a while, we found that we were having issues with out subscription transactions not being correctly processed. While this wasn’t an issue of incorrect charges being applied or insecure data issues, we needed to suspend subscriptions while we worked with our payment processing partners to address the problems. We’re working on this through the weekend and will take as long as required to iron out the last issues. We will update everyone as soon as we have more concrete information.

Turning of the ability to subscribe meant that we had some cool All Hallows’ Eve content that a lot of people weren’t going to be able to see. So, we decided to “turn on” the goodies for everyone who was playing. Unfortunately, this meant we would need to shut down the game servers in order to issue a new patch. Although we announced the down-time on our forums and within the game, not everyone got the message, so some people were surprised when they couldn’t get online for a few hours.

This, in turn, led everyone that was playing to rush to the Hellgate: London forums, which promptly overloaded both our forum and website servers. The treat was that we really saw that there are a LOT of passionate people playing the game. The trick was that the rush to our sites caused our little corner of the Internet to shut down.

It’s not that we don’t already have a good amount, but we immediately put out the order for more web servers. We’ve also implemented a website overflow plan in case we get that many people flooding onto the boards in such a short amount of time again. Live and learn!

We brought the servers and our sites back online a few hours later, patched everyone with all of the special themed content, and we’ve been up and running ever since. Some of our Beta testers have progressed through the end of the storyline and are continuing on in Nightmare difficulty. We can’t wait to see them tackle Elite Mode.

All in all, we’re pleased that the game itself is running so well. We’re also as frustrated as you are about these initial bumps in the road. Trust us – we’re here working on them all day, every day.

Single Player Patch

We’ve made the general fixes, improvements and changes found in Patch 0 available to our stand alone players. The option to patch your single player version of Hellgate: London is available from the launcher when you first start up the game.

Founder’s Offer Extended

We’ve received a flood of messages from people that have pre-ordered asking that we extend the time for our Founder’s offer. We understand your concern, and want to assure you that our delay in accepting subscriptions will not adversely affect your chance to take advantage of this offer. We’ll release specific details in the next few days, but we’ll extend the timeline of the offer and make sure that we take care of everyone that wants to be a Founder.

New Special Event

We’re putting the final touches on what is making it into our next patch, and details will be coming VERY soon. One hint – there’s going to be fire. LOTS of fire…

See you online!

--Bill Roper

devoir on
  • Options
    n00bishn00bish Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the hell. I mused that perhaps my copy of HGL was being sent by pony, but perhaps that was too much of an assumption on my part. The shipping info hasn't updated at all, still says CA. :/ Mayhaps old-fashioned water bucket lines like you use when the local saloon catches fire. My game, passed from person to person, in a line from the West Coast to Chicago.

This means I am official newbie guy for a bit. If anyone is looking for a party from level 1 on up, and I am on vent, my answer is automatically yes. Just say "hay jawsh halp meee" and I am obligated to do so.

n00bish on
    btrsig.jpg
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm asking again to those dick posters that aren't replying;

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU FIND THE GAME FOR $15 or $25?!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    They may be playing their high quality-low cost game as we speak, poochy.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited November 2007

How about you calm down and not be a dick.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    For those in Vent:
    screenshot_000006.jpg
    screenshot_000007.jpg
    screenshot_000008.jpg
    screenshot_000004.jpg

devoir on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

No U!

Actually I wasn't really freaking about it, just being a showman. I still want to know where they got it cheap though.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

No U!

Actually I wasn't really freaking about it, just being a showman. I still want to know where they got it cheap though.

I'm guessing they traded in something or used some store credit somewhere.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No respecs ever is pretty weak

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    stryker116 wrote: »

No U!

Maybe, I just know that a couple of pages back one guy said that he picked up the game for like 25 bucks and another proudly announced that he got it for 15 and then when asked where they got it both of them promptly stopped posting.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It's kind of bugging me. The levelling pace in this game is certainly not even near MMO levels, but not comparable to Diablo 2. And of course, I have to pay to subscribe, to try out new specs, without deleting a character and all the hours put into it. The game doesn't feel like a complete package for $50 without either respecs, or more character slots.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »

It's kind of bugging me. The levelling pace in this game is certainly not even near MMO levels, but not comparable to Diablo 2. And of course, I have to pay to subscribe, to try out new specs, without deleting a character and all the hours put into it. The game doesn't feel like a complete package for $50 without either respecs, or more character slots.

Playing WoW for so long spoiled me in certain ways I think

it just feels like this game is close enough to an MMORPG that it needs a number of things that are lacking at the moment

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

No U!

Maybe, I just know that a couple of pages back one guy said that he picked up the game for like 25 bucks and another proudly announced that he got it for 15 and then when asked where they got it both of them promptly stopped posting.

Maybe that was because I wasn't on the site anymore, you shit.

Circuit City has the game for $40. My friend has one of those cards where you get 15% off from them on games, or something, and then a $10 gift certificate.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ughhz1.jpg

:roll:

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Sneak! wrote: »

No U!

Maybe that was because I wasn't on the site anymore, you shit.

Circuit City has the game for $40. My friend has one of those cards where you get 15% off from them on games, or something, and then a $10 gift certificate.
    Settle down, and thanks for the info.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hellgate: Loading mirite :P I suppose the whole shitty computer is my fault. One thing I can say: frustrating but I keep playing. I think the game has massive potential with a) some more work on the devs part and b) me getting a killer rig. Just hit piccadilly and still having fun.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Update:

Ashina went and found a named rail gun dropped off the act 4 boss, and it turns out it's the wrong one. In case anyone's killing him, this is the one I'm looking for:

hellrailbd1.jpg

s3rial one on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I just tried the demo out.

The game felt pretty unpolished (the demo, that is) and overall I like Titan Quest more.

Are there any patches that significantly improve anything on the retail?

Daemonion on
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Daemonion wrote: »
    So I just tried the demo out.

The game felt pretty unpolished (the demo, that is) and overall I like Titan Quest more.

Are there any patches that significantly improve anything on the retail?

I would read the thread next time. Its been said many many times that the demo is quite shit. Retail is much much much better.

intelnavi on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    so this is the build i'm thinking about going with my summoner, how fucked will i be if i do it? anyone have any suggestions as to what i should change?

build

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The summoner mechanic is fucking retarded. I didn't realize HOW retarded it was until I started getting some good legendary items that required a lot of strength or accuracy. Yay for having to get to the final tier of the tree to reduce the cost. Or doing it it a 1-2% at a time through items.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    Spectre45Spectre45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm still trying to get parts for the Zombot. I need a ticker and I think 6 more blood. Anyone have any spare? PM me or send me a message in game, Spectre40

Spectre45 on

Wii Code: Spectre45 - 3045 6435 9861 4101
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have a zombot you can have if I can get the game stable. Damn ancient computer. I could have farmed Meph for at least a Shako in the time I've played so far :PPPP. I'm playing as ThreshSocket atm. Also hello EA/Flagship. If you want people to pay your stupid fees you better make sure the system works. I signed up and still nothing...

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    I found this tonight:

heraslance.JPG

My Engineer is very happy with his newfound destructive power of five-star uniqueness :mrgreen:

I want.

So Hera is the greek god of thunder and lightning? Really? Guess I need to check up on my greek mytholog- OH WAIT!

yeah, i found the same thing, but it's called "zeus' lance". it eats up spectrals for breakfast.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Starting play last night, I'm a level 9 Evoker at the moment, you can find me under the name "Loras". I tend to play late nights, west coast.

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Starting play last night, I'm a level 9 Evoker at the moment, you can find me under the name "Loras". I tend to play late nights, west coast.
    get on vent when your on :P

Man, i just can't handle games without respecs.. i just hit 10 and i have 7 free skill points and 42 attribute points, all of which i'm still too scared to spend for fear of screwing up

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So.

Congratulations!! You've successfully subscribed to a Lifetime account.

... Yes.

I wish more MMOGs did this.

KiTA on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Er...so a thing just popped up and said "I Hate Crates!" +20 AP

WTF is that? What is AP? I assume the I hate crates thing is an "achievement", but I can't find anywhere to check these achievements. And what is AP?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Er...so a thing just popped up and said "I Hate Crates!" +20 AP

WTF is that? What is AP? I assume the I hate crates thing is an "achievement", but I can't find anywhere to check these achievements. And what is AP?

Press J to see your achievement panel. And currently AP (Achievement points) don't do anything, the rumor is that eventually you'll be able to spend them in some way.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    LMAO. I guess I hate crates too. And zombies but so much. Gotta go kill some zombies...

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »

I'm torn. I have somewhat similar feelings, having played WoW for a very long time. While I'm really loving Hellgate so far, there are tons of things I wish the game did. For example, an auction house, more character slots, re-speccing, a better interface for community stuff (channels, etc.), a moddable interface, and being able to link items in chat windows.

Then I remember that many of those features weren't in WoW at the beginning either. It took months, and sometimes years, of work to get a lot of that functionality in the game. Considering how much money the game made for Blizzard, I'm sure they had plenty of developers working on this stuff.

Yes, I'm spoiled and I want all games to have a lot of the same features and conventions that WoW had. I'm sure a lot of developers feel the same way too, but they frankly don't have enough time or money to do all of that. The #1 priority for them is creating the new content for subscribers, which I can totally understand. That's where the bread and butter will be.

... but damn, being able to link items in chat would just make my day.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    AlexWilder and I finally beat the game tonight.

First, some basic, as spoiler-free-as-can-be-but-still-spoilered-and-you've-been-warned tips:
    First, you spawn the last boss by beating up a bunch of mini bosses. Think of it like Diablo without the seals. Watch for the boss' attack pattern. He has three primary attacks, and like you'd expect, you'll spend most of your time dodging them. Also, one of the mini-bosses is a giant fucking orbile that spits out more orbiles. Bring guns. Big ones.

...and my take on the ending, without actually saying what happens:
    That wasn't an ending, it was the setup for a sequel. This pleases me.

I think I'm going to goof around on nightmare for a while. There are some new weapons and gear to be had, which makes me happy. Thinking about starting a new character, though. Probably a marksman.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Do any of you know if it will be possible to bring your single-play characters online?

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    DudBolt wrote: »
    Do any of you know if it will be possible to bring your single-play characters online?

It won't one, of the big draws of the online portion is everything is server side and secured, so no hacking, it would be too easy to create a single player character, jump it up to level 50 with an editor then transfer it over to online.

taliosfalcon on
This discussion has been closed.