As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forums loading slowly?

2»

• Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    It's getting pretty bad for me recently. Gateway timeouts, 20 second page load times, etc.
    About the same here. Server is probably taking too much hammering.

Satan. on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    I'm sure that Ramius'll get it sorted when he can. He said something about it requiring some sort of multi-week timeline, from memory.

Yep. I've not abandoned you. Work is in progress on making things better, but our peak times are still pretty bad, for now.

Ramius on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ramius wrote: »
    Yep. I've not abandoned you. Work is in progress on making things better, but our peak times are still pretty bad, for now.

Hooray! =) Thanks for the update.

devoir on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What exactly is the cause you had a guess on (if you have the time to explain)?

Thanks for keeping things up to speed Ramius.

Henroid on
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    too much bandwidth being used up too fast in too short of a a time?

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I doubt it's a bandwidth issue, or if it is, it's one of multiple issues.

I'd guess it's a database bodyslam and possibly a router problem, but I'm not sure exactly what that gateway message means.

devoir on
  • bychancebychance Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It still loads the same as it always has for me.

bychance on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2007
    I still get the slowness. ~20sec page loads, occasional gateway errors.

You already know this, just figured I would chime in.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The hiccup happens to me most in G&T, so I assumed it was just the amount of people loading the same page. I've learned to deal with it. :)

urahonky on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    just in case this wasn't posted before, here's a screenshot from when things get really wonky with the forums:

gatewayerror.png

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You could've just said what error comes up. I'm pretty sure they know what it looks like and what it means.

Henroid on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, Henroid, you're totally right. Fuck this helpful bastard, let's get him.

Tube on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have plenty of rope, but someone else will have to bring the torches.

MKR on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I would bring the torches but I'm transfixed by my stupid Vista wheel incessantly turning as the page never loads. D:
    <3 PA forums still.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, Henroid, you're totally right. Fuck this helpful bastard, let's get him.

I'm just saying that "I get a 504 Gateway Time-Out error" is the same thing.

Henroid on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The forums seem to now be running slow more and more every day. I hate to say it, but now it seems that there are patches of running at normal speed amidst of an ocean of slow, as opposed to how it was before where you would just occasionally have things run slow.

Lucky Cynic on