Options

I am [chat]

• Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So, read any good Legolas slash fanfic lately?

Oh, don't get me started on slash, or fanfic in general.

I'm one of these fuddy-duddies who think books should be written by authors instead of weird autistic manchildren. It's an unpopular position to take on the internet, but I feel the evidence is on my side.

I totally would have agreed with you about... oh, 5 years ago. Since then, I've realized that I have a secret shameful enjoyment of trashy romance novels (Regency era, to be specific). And some of those fanfics aren't actually as bad as some of those romance "authors." So they're good for some laughs.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Honestly, I think a large part of my interest in multiple sex partners is 1) barely having any association with straight women at all 2) not trusting any other guy to not treat them like crap

I used to fantasize about my female friends falling for each other so I wouldn't have to worry about them anymore. :P

Getting into a relationship with a girl because you're concerned that she'd make bad decisions for herself if you don't is an airtight solid foundation for a partnership. :P

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    Getting into a relationship with a girl because you're concerned that she'd make bad decisions for herself if you don't is an airtight solid foundation for a partnership. :P

It's not a lack of faith in their choices so much as a lack of faith in their options. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well it's time to go to work and see exactly how broken the computer I left last night is.

Might be the day to crack out the "Running away to Mexico" kit.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    Seriously, though, I've always tended to like either tomboys or nerdy girls.

Have you ever seen me give Will crap for being a total stereotype NPR hipster?

Well, leaven that with the knowledge that my secret shame is that I love hipster girls. My last unrequited crush was the art critic for the local alterna-weekly.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gnighty, folks.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Laters.

Crap, I'm out of Dew. Time to hit the store.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's 2AM here, beddy-bye time, I think.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You crazy peoples and your having work/school in the morning.

Night kiddies, sleep tight.

Or I will bite you.

--

Speaking of which, now that I've removed those horns, it looks like something has tried to bite my forehead on each side.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Balls, cold meant I only got five or so hours sleep and I have a hell of a long day ahead (catching up on five missed weeks of ancient philosophy because my Uni screwed up my timetable and didn't feel the need to tell me).

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ack.

Make sure you keep your nutrition up at least so your body isn't struggling against its recovery.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Ack.

Make sure you keep your nutrition up at least so your body isn't struggling against its recovery.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'll probably go make some bacon in a couple minutes.

Leitner on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    'lo chat. God it must be early for some of you peoples.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    GOD DAMN IT. My tard of a supervisor somehow totally fucked up the giant mp3 library on our work desktop when we moved the hard drive to a newer machine. Tons of files are tagless, titles point to the wrong songs, it's fucking chaos and I don't think it's fixable.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyone got a link to that program that lets you download shit off your iPod (for mac)?

Also, I went to the West Hollywood halloween carnival thing (west hollywood = cock central, for those not in the know), and it really wasn't all that great. It needed to be about 10% as crowded and 800% gayer for it to be any fun. I think it used to be that way, but it's become a big destination for breeders wanting to feel hip and edgy. I bet the carnival/festival/party/whatever of two or three years ago would have been much more fun with all my gay boys from Portland and our various hags. Aw, subcultures are fun. [/faggot nostalgia]

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Dude aren't you breeder-ing right now?

Admittedly, that's one of those words that just sets my teeth on edge.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I've always thought it's the most inoffensive epithet ever. C'mon gay dudes, couldn't you destroy the nancy-boy fashion designer stereotype once and for all with a truly biting slur? Give us something with anger and the implicit threat of violence?

I guess when you think of it that threat doesn't come from the words themselves, though, but from the history with which they're associated. So what I should really be advocating is breeder lynch-mobs. Which isn't exactly in my best interest. Damn.

nescientist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Well really I'm more reminiscing about the fact that I used to have so many gay friends back in Portland, and we could all queer it up together, but down here I don't really have that. There's a certain atmosphere when you're hanging all with gays/lesbians/hags that can be pretty fun, and sometimes I miss it.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No one knows of a program to let me rip songs from my ipod onto my computer? I know some of you bastards must use something. iPod Rip won't work for me for some reason, and iPod Copy only lets you transfer 40 songs before making you pay, so those are both out. Aren't there some freeware apps out there for this purpose?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    No one knows of a program to let me rip songs from my ipod onto my computer? I know some of you bastards must use something. iPod Rip won't work for me for some reason, and iPod Copy only lets you transfer 40 songs before making you pay, so those are both out. Aren't there some freeware apps out there for this purpose?

Which OS?

yalborap on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007

I really can't stand it, actually, in large part because of how fucking retarded it makes people who say it look. Way to hate on the people raising the next generation, whose taxes will fund your retirements, doods, and way to shit all over those gay and lesbian couples fighting for the right to have children of their own!

I kind of hate actively anti-child people, too. People who just don't want them are fine, but those assholes who can't stand to even see them in public can die in a fire. Kids are neat.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    suilimeA wrote: »

Which OS?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

I really can't stand it, actually, in large part because of how fucking retarded it makes people who say it look. Way to hate on the people raising the next generation, whose taxes will fund your retirements, doods, and way to shit all over those gay and lesbian couples fighting for the right to have children of their own!

I kind of hate actively anti-child people, too. People who just don't want them are fine, but those assholes who can't stand to even see them in public can die in a fire. Kids are neat.

Yeah, I was kind of using it ironically.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also, replacing the seal on a fridge door will take at least twice as long as you think it will.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Woohoo, only another day or so until I spiral into two weeks of depression.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, replacing the seal on a fridge door will take at least twice as long as you think it will.

Our fridge door handle broke off. Wanna come fix it for me? As long as you're in the fridge-fixing habit, I mean.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    evilbob wrote: »
    SAD? I used to get that in HS.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    SAD? I used to get that in HS.
    University exams. I never cope well with them.
    I don't know, these ones should probably go better. I already know that if I pass more than one subject it'll be a fucking miracle and I'm not going back next year, so there should be less pressure.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2007

How do you do that, anyway? Epoxy?

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I want to go back to sleep.. but I have to catch the bus that comes in 13 minutes or so.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I want to go back to sleep.. but I have to catch the bus that comes in 13 minutes or so.
    Can you sleep on the bus? That's what I do.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The train tat the bus takes me to is 20 minutes long or so. But I can't sleep sitting, anyways time to pack up my laptop and tally ho!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Unless you're extremely unlucky, the seal is just in a groove around the door. Pulling it out is easy enough, but pushing the new one back in requires some trickery and cursing.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The 25 minutes or so I used to be able to sleep on the bus from my old house to the UW were always glorious.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Get the model number off the inside of the fridge

call a place that makes the seals and get a quote

they mail it out to you or you go pick it up

then comes the work:

lift up the seal and you'll see a bunch of screws around the door. loosen them all, and pull out the old seal (the part of the door where all your bottles go is a moulded piece of plastic screwed to the front part of the door, and the seal is wedged between them, wrapping around the edge of the inside bit)

Clean all the horrible shit off the bottom of the fridge door (I actually had to take the inner panel right off for this, because ewwwwww)

get the new seal and work it in between the inner bit and the door. Its a pain in the ass.

Tighten all the screws back up, and check that it shuts properly. the instructions that came with mine said the door might be bent a little now, but mine was fine

have a drink!

t DG: I think I'm done for the night :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Unless you're extremely unlucky, the seal is just in a groove around the door. Pulling it out is easy enough, but pushing the new one back in requires some trickery and cursing.

SO MUCH CURSING

and sore fingers :(

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wow, that sounds...un-fun. I asked because I just noticed the other day that mine's starting to go. :P Not looking forward to this, then.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

SO MUCH CURSING

and sore fingers :(
    Now imagine doing it on a door that's 7 feet tall and 5 feet wide.

Now imagine doing it twice, because if you don't the health department will shut you down.

That was a fun day.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    okay, you win. mine was about 1.5'x3' :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That is quite a petite fridge you have there. Do you have to share it with both of your roommates?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.