Options

I am [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I work in a bakery and the city got a new inspector. She decided to go extreme letter-of-the-law on us, I'm guessing so she didn't look lenient to her superiors.

She deducted points for "loose flour on floor/multiple surfaces."

We're a bakery.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    That is quite a petite fridge you have there. Do you have to share it with both of your roommates?

yeah, it kind of sucks. only 220L. We had a bar fridge as well at one stage, but that's long gone, and the flatmate-turnover rate is a bit too high to go shopping for a better one at the moment.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I work in a bakery and the city got a new inspector. She decided to go extreme letter-of-the-law on us, I'm guessing so she didn't look lenient to her superiors.

We're a bakery.

You're supposed to stop working between every individual pastry to clean all the flour off of everything, mop, and let the floor dry.

irt fridges;
    Mine comes with the apartment. It's almost as tall as me, and much wider and thicker than I am.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

We're a bakery.

yeah, but its a fire and a slippage hazard. You're supposed to keep a half-starved mexican in a cupboard and make him run about with a broom every half hour :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

We're a bakery.

yeah, but its a fire and a slippage hazard. You're supposed to keep a half-starved mexican in a cupboard and make him run about with a broom every half hour :P

It's probably not what anyone meant, but I just thought of Mexicans illegally migrating to Australia to find work because the U.S. legalized the shooting of Mexicans on sight.

I mean we haven't actually legalized that yet, I figure when the Republicans win the next election.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

We're a bakery.

It's probably not what anyone meant, but I just thought of Mexicans illegally migrating to Australia to find work because the U.S. legalized the shooting of Mexicans on sight.

I mean we haven't actually legalized that yet, I figure when the Republicans win the next election.

Well you'll probably have to get a permit for that though.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

We're a bakery.

The postive and sad thing is they chased off the Mexican mafia here only to create a power vacuum that is being filled with those all to eagar to use things that others would like to keep to back rooms and quiet locals

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

We're a bakery.

Why? Haven't you noticed that the republicans are anti-gun-control and the democrats are anti-guns? Neither party is in favor of gun-control.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

We're a bakery.

Why? Haven't you noticed that the republicans are anti-gun-control and the democrats are anti-guns? Neither party is in favor of gun-control.

Because they don't want to anger the loner and gun nuts when they need their vote {that's if they bother to vote}

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    "Why should we propose anything rational when the populace only wants to buy things that are XTREME! anymore?"

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

We're a bakery.

The language of the bill will probably make it so it doesn't matter if you shoot, stab, or blow them up as long as you have the permit and paid the registration fee.

Malkor on
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    mmm, precious, precious coffee ...

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    well that was one hell of a segue

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hi5! It's 11pm but I don't care because my thesis is done yay!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I bet mine is better.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007

We're a bakery.

You're supposed to stop working between every individual pastry to clean all the flour off of everything, mop, and let the floor dry.

irt fridges;
    Mine comes with the apartment. It's almost as tall as me, and much wider and thicker than I am.

We have relatively giant fridges in the US compared to most other places. When I was living in England, most people had quite small iceboxes. I guess they went food shopping more often or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hi5! It's 11pm but I don't care because my thesis is done yay!

wooo! lucky thing :P hopefully I'll be able to go into final-phase lockdown mode after tomorrow *fingers crossed*

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The postive and sad thing is they chased off the Mexican mafia here only to create a power vacuum that is being filled with those all to eagar to use things that others would like to keep to back rooms and quiet locals
    That's apparently a common theme in taking down crime rackets - the people who fill the void tend to be more needlessly vicious and less organized.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    I'm thinking about doing NaNoWriMo. I could use something intense and crazy to focus on for a month.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I'm thinking about doing NaNoWriMo. I could use something intense and crazy to focus on for a month.
    For some reason it gives me great pleasure to know that people are always doing something way more cryptic than me.

Malkor on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    For some reason it gives me great pleasure to know that people are always doing something way more cryptic than me.

Basically, in the month of November, a bunch of lunatics around the world all try to complete a 50,000-word novel in a single month. I'm wondering if I'm that crazy.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    yay thesis-finishing! My college roommate-slash-bridesmaid just defended hers successfully two days ago, I wish she was in the same state (or even region of the country) so I could take her out for a drink.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Basically, in the month of November, a bunch of lunatics around the world all try to complete a 50,000-word novel in a single month. I'm wondering if I'm that crazy.

I tried it last year and churned out 25,000 words of my novel. Which I have added about 2,000 words to in the intermediate time. :|

I say give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I say give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

Someone reads it? :P

You're right, though. I have a nasty tendency to stall out in my writing as I get paralyzed by choices so this might be a useful exercise. I may solicit [chat] for character names, though.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't want to go to school today. :(

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    My problem is that I find it basically impossible to skip around and write a scene here and a scene there, skipping over a part where I get stuck for a while and then coming back to it later. This means that I can get stuck on the same sentence for weeks at a time obsessing over word choice. Writing OCD ftl.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

I love Yahtzee. The comments thread under that article are a fabulous argument for mass sterilization.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I want Elki to wake up and log on and give me my Satan assignment ...

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    My problem is that I find it basically impossible to skip around and write a scene here and a scene there, skipping over a part where I get stuck for a while and then coming back to it later. This means that I can get stuck on the same sentence for weeks at a time obsessing over word choice. Writing OCD ftl.

Yeah, that sounds a lot like me. I try to polish everything to an absurdly perfect sheen before moving on to the next sentence - and the next - and so on. I need to get over that.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Why not, like, run a marathon backwards or find some spot on your body that no one's thought to pierce before?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Why not, like, run a marathon backwards or find some spot on your body that no one's thought to pierce before?

why indeed

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Huevos rancheros: fried eggs, or scrambled?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I love Yahtzee. The comments thread under that article are a fabulous argument for mass sterilization.

I find criticism of war fetishization highly offensive, Jacob.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Huevos rancheros: fried eggs, or scrambled?
    Fried.

Duh.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I lol'd! Stick figures are inherently hilarious.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aloha, hard working population of the planet Earth.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I lol'd! Stick figures are inherently hilarious.
    but it didnt have stick figures in it

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.