As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Bloodlines: The End

• Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well in the game intro you were having sex with a vampire right?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Heir wrote: »
    So something that has always bothered me...can Vampires technically have sex or no? Obviously there was the psycho girl from santa monica, but they make so many references to not being able to in conversations later on.

Anyone familiar with this "universe?"

The answer I gave to Romero's advances pretty much sums it up, though it's not as gross as that. They can focus their blood to "reactivate" that part of their body. So they can, but it's looked down upon. Blood is easier and more pleasurable for them anyway.

Aistan on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Aistan wrote: »
    So something that has always bothered me...can Vampires technically have sex or no? Obviously there was the psycho girl from santa monica, but they make so many references to not being able to in conversations later on.

The answer I gave to Romero's advances pretty much sums it up, though it's not as gross as that. They can focus their blood to "reactivate" that part of their body. So they can, but it's looked down upon. Blood is easier and more pleasurable for them anyway.

Wow, that's messed up.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    They can have sex, but there isnt really any lust.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, what the others said.

I am not familiar with the latest edition, but in Vampire: The Masquerade a vampire could use his power to make his body mimic life. A vampire in its natural state is a walking corpse, but by spending blood he can make his lungs breathe, his heart pump and yes, even have sex. How difficult this is depends on how far the vampire has fallen from humanity.

Vic on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ah, Gary. Yet another wonderfully acted character.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

They can if they spend a blood point- this is true for both Masquerade and Requiem.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    When I first bought this game back in 2004, my computer didn't run it too well and I shelved it promising to get back to it one day. It sat there for three years, every now and then I'd try to get back into it but be pulled away by other games. Now I have a better machine and a hankering for RPGs after playing Mass Effect. I installed this game, patched it up, and now I'm enjoying it a ridiculous amount. I'm completely drawn in. I wish I had played it sooner! I shall read through this Let's Play as soon as I've finished the game.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    On the vampire sex thing... White Wolf even came out with Ancient Hearts, a Black Dog erotic novel involving a number of their signature characters (Sasha Vykos, Lucita, and Jan Pieterzoon). They acknowledged that vampires don't really enjoy sex that much, as a whole, so mostly they find other reasons to fuck... Ghouls, for example, often have a pronounced sex drive as part of their blood addiction dementia. At one point, Lucita is gang raped... which she finds amusing and allows to happen for awhile before ripping them all apart with her bare hands. John Bolton, one of the big-time vampire illustrators, provided the ridiculously explicit full color pictures of the action every few pages. As far as I know, this was White Wolf's first and only foray into erotic novels.

To answer your unasked question, I bought the damn thing for my (now ex) girlfriend. Turns out she wasn't all that interested in it, but she thought that if I bought it for her, it would keep ME interested in her. Turns out that psychosis just isn't that sexy to me.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't want to be a vampire if sex doesn't feel as good. :(

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Kagera wrote: »
    Meh, as Jack so eloquently puts it, "blood is your new heroin, baby".

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Chinese Secrets to Enlightenment
    update2001vq1.jpg

We can see what the King knows, then visit with the angel.

update2002kj0.jpg

I hope he's home and not out buying floss.

update2003jt2.jpg

Olivie: Might we trade words, wizard-king?

Strauss: Of course.

Olivie: I seek knowledge of Gargoyles, the stone-skinned Blood Golems!

Strauss: Gargoyles? Why are you asking about Gargoyles?

Olivie: One haunts a theatre in Hollywood! Tell me more!

Strauss: Well... what do you want to know?

Olivie: Tell me of these Blood Golems!

Strauss: A Gargoyle is, put simply, a creature that was created to protect the Tremere clan in their early years of our existence. They are very powerful creatures, and not to be trifled with.

Olivie: Who is the creator of this cretin?

update2004rp5.jpg

Olivie: You fathered this fiend?

Strauss: Yes. Many years ago I created this Gargoyle to protect the chantry from our enemies. He was a faithful servant, and saved my life more than once. Unfortunately, he became increasingly upset about his role as my protector, and wished to be set free. I refused to do so. Finally, he stole away into the night, and I haven't seen him since.

Olivie: I see. Well, Isaac Abrams has asked me to get rid of this Blood Golem...

Strauss: Isaac Abrams? His disrespect for the Camarilla is surpassed only by his hatred of LaCroix. If he finds out, it will be a source of great embarassment for the clan and the Camarilla. He cannot learn that this Gargoyle was my creation, do you understand?

Olivie: I will keep this sorcerous secret...

Strauss: I appreciate your discretion in this matter, neonate.

Olivie: What need I do now?

update2005ky8.jpg

Olivie: My person appreciates this gift.

Strauss: Good luck, young one. When you succeed in destroying the Gargoyle, return and I will give you an appropriate reward.

We had never thought that killing talking rocks would be on our to-do list.

update2006px8.jpg

update2007et8.jpg

Olivie: Do I hear thunder, my rose?

Heather: Oh, thank you... amazing... I feel so much better, like i'm the most important person in the world- next to you, of course...

Olivie: Ah, you are precious when you speak such nonsense. Goodnight, pet.

The size of this word box hurts my eyes...

Look quickly, then we can begin our stony adventure.

update2008rg7.jpg

That should not take long... we could do it fast.

update2009cc2.jpg

I suppose we could peel our eyes...

Not much of a reward if any effort is required.

update2010hq9.jpg

Back to the lady by the water! I do not think Mercury would have anything for us this time.

update2011bu8.jpg

Are you able to think of a sufficient pun here, self?

Many, but I am embarrassed to say them out loud...

update2012de6.jpg

What a dump. Why need they a hub in here?

update2013pw4.jpg

update2014pj0.jpg

kthx lol.

update2015qt3.jpg

Oh it's time to go kill a stone, wheee!

update2016oe5.jpg

update2017jz4.jpg

Helloooo? Nobody home...

update2018hl6.jpg

Wow! We need to make an entrance like that!

Wait, golem, go back up and let us try!

update2019st6.jpg

Olivie: Ah! The stone golem i've come to slay!

Gargoyle: Death for you, demon! Death and final darkness!

update2020qb8.jpg

Smash that rock, self.

Smashin' a rock, boss.

update2021fd2.jpg

update2022qm1.jpg

The king's gift works well...

It's only a "ow it hurts!" instead of a "gaaghh, my ribs are shattered!"

update2023kw1.jpg

update2024hm3.jpg

Poor rock. All he wanted were some friends to squish into paste.

update2025vr2.jpg

update2026kt2.jpg

Oh, the voice's tape. He will appreciate this.

The blood baron will appreciate the dead rock even more.

update2027ds7.jpg

Olivie: Though a jester he may be, I like to laugh... laugh to the top.

Isaac: LaCroix's chosen his agents well, I won't deny that. In time you'll realize just who you serve. Excuse me.

Olivie: Oh... ok?

That's it? No thank you even?

The rock nearly smushed our head! We also saved the pretty childe!

No special secrets for HIM! The wizard-king will appreciate us!

update2028vy1.jpg

I am tired of manipulation... we need a new scene.

update2029ho5.jpg

First i'm gonna go on the pirate ride, then the space mountain, then...

update2030kp7.jpg

I don't remember a "mysterious asian vampire" ride...

I hope it is more fun than the "arm creatures that eat your face" ride.

update2031cn4.jpg

update2032qx5.jpg

Olivie: Ah! The Mistress of Mirrors!

Xiao: I'm sorry? I'm not sure I heard you correctly...

Olivie: The surface is cracked, tarnished, revealing more mirrors beneath...

Xiao: What wretched strain of Caine's curse is this?

Olivie: Truth wears many masks, mistress.

Xiao: Indeed it does, Kindred. But let us speak of other things. How might I assist you? Might I offer you some refreshment?

Olivie: Earl Grey is no saucy sustenance.

Xiao: Ah, that is right. Your kind drinks solely of mortal blood, correct? No longer may you partake in the simple pleasures of the mortal realm. A shame.

Olivie: You still partake of such pleasures?

Xiao: Yes. We Kuei-jin are similar to you Kindred in fewer ways than you might imagine.

Olivie: Does Caine's curse flow in your veins?

Xiao: We are supernatural, that does not mean we are like yourself. We are beings returned through the Second Breath for a purpose. The Second Breath- our rebirth into the supernatural form. It is a spiritual awakening, not some lowly blood ritual meant to spread a dispicable curse.

Olivie: Our kinds cast similar shadows...

update2033bp6.jpg

Olivie: You choose this supernatural state?

Xiao: No, we do not choose, but events of our lives can awaken dark spiritual energies. We are not born of the whims of another as the Kindred are.

Olivie: What reason behind this unfortunate fate?

Xiao: The reasons are as numerous as the Kuei-jin themselves. Each is reborn with a purpose that they must find. Once their path is evident, they must seek to fulfill it, even if it takes eternity.

Olivie: Your dressing is different, yet cursed also you are.

update2034pb1.jpg

Olivie: ... I seek a Nosferatu night-child.

Xiao: So. The great Nosferatu have lost an agent, have they? It was not by my hand, if that's what they think.

Olivie: No knowledge at all of this Nossie?

Xiao: I don't know where he is. Perhaps you should speak with Wong Ho about this.

Olivie: Who is Wong Ho?

update2035ez1.jpg

Olivie: I will chase this deadly Dragon.

Xiao: I grant you permission to operate in the Kuei-jin domain... for now. May you find your path, Kindred.

I feel all icky... covered in goo...

What's that?

update2036zs5.jpg

Hm. Nothing to do with us, I imagine!

update2037jj8.jpg

Olivie: You know of the Dark Father too?!

Fortune Teller: Ah... sure, yeah, I tell you all... Five dollar!

Olivie: Here, forecast my fate!

Fortune Teller: You going to get a visitor at your door next week- DON'T OPEN DOOR! It Jehovah Witness. They so annoying!

Spooky...

update2038mv9.jpg

My legs draw me onward for some unknown reason...

update2039zw0.jpg

Olivie: You want to tell me something...?

Tseng: Are you with immigration?

Olivie: I don't think so...

Tseng: Are you... police?

Olivie: No, but I do enjoy harassing people.

update2040bj9.jpg

Olivie: Weapons never solved any problems. I'll take twelve.

update2041ed5.jpg

Goodbye, hat... you were my faithful companion...

Ooooh goggles!

update2042fd9.jpg

update2043tk2.jpg

We can always use more bird mummy heads.

update2044he7.jpg

Eeeeeeeee!

Calm down or we're turning this car around right now!

update2045rm3.jpg

Now we're on top of the world, and ready for some easy tasks!

update2046vy5.jpg

Olivie: Ooh... fishies...

Greeter: Umm...?

Olivie: Ah! I was directed here by the thing at the Golden Temple.

Greeter: I'll get the elevator.

Olivie: I could use a lift...

Greeter: Second floor. Have a good night.

Olivie: You have done your part in my legend.

update2047yl3.jpg

Wow! Secret doors and everything... I should take notes.

update2048fa7.jpg

update2049jn1.jpg

Olivie: Ah! Your most precious treasure has been taken!

Sobby: Yes... yes, she has. Kiki, my daughter, is indeed my most treasured possession. How did you know...?

Olivie: Taken by children, servants of an unknown shadow...

Sobby: Again you are correct. She was kidnapped by the Tong, a local street gang. I do not know who ordered this, but I intend to find out. Who are you, stranger? You seem to see things as if through the eyes of the gods...

Olivie: Often gods dress as demons. I come from Ming-Xiao, mistress of mirrors.

Sobby: Ming-Xiao? Oh... of course. Please forgive me, but as you can see I am in a most terrible situation. I am Wong Ho, owner of the Red Dragon. Again, I apologize for my inconsiderate behavior.

Olivie: Tell me your tale...

update2050bd8.jpg

Olivie: What enemies cast shadows on your doorstep?

Wong Ho: I am a man of some prominence here in Chinatown. I have many allies, but there are also many who would like to see my demise. The Tong have chosen the coward's path, using my daughter as leverage against me.

Olivie: Perhaps I need don death's robe. Do you know, where is this lost treasure?

update2051vm1.jpg

Wong Ho: Hello. Zhao! Yes! How did you... ah, of course. I see. Thank you, my friend. Your debt has been repaid a thousand times over. Yes, of course. Goodbye.

Olivie: Not the lost children on that line, but who?

Wong Ho: That was... someone who owed me an old debt. It has been repaid. I know where the Tong are keeping my daughter.

Olivie: Perhaps I can help you did for this precious cargo.

update2052qh9.jpg

Olivie: I shall return with this precious treasure.

Wong Ho: Thank you. I shall wait here until you return. Strike fast. The Tong will not be expecting anyone so soon. Good luck, my friend.

update2053mj7.jpg

Death's boots fit snugly, and I am beginning to enjoy their clomping...

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    New threads:
    update2054ej5.jpg

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Anyone mind elaborating on what crazy asian lady said about the origins of her kind?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Don't forget about the monster hunter.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Don't forget about the monster hunter.

Something smells fishy...

Aistan on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ah so that's how you get the tremere guy to talk to you about gargoyles! I forgot to talk to him. Oh well, I managed to negotiate with it and get an attractiveness + 1 item.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyone mind elaborating on what crazy asian lady said about the origins of her kind?

I don't know much about them, but for the most part, it helps to know that
    they're soul-stealing infernalists, far as I know, and they make pacts with demons. Not people you want to cross.
    Not that Bloodlines gives you much of a choice.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Drinking blood is better for vampires than sex is for humans. Also, since a vampire bite causes euphoria, it's pretty good for the person being fed off of, too... well, unless there's ripping and tearing involved. That's why vampires haven't been exposed: People who get fed from think they just got laid.

The Kuei-Jin (as they're known in the modern era, a combination of Japanese and Chinese: the Chinese vampires were once known as Wan Kuei) are the product of the unique metaphysical construction of the East (yes, it's silly, but just roll with it).

There's a place in the asian afterlife between the Yellow Springs (Shadowlands, the realm of the ghosts) and the Celestial Realms (Umbra, the place of higher spirits) called Yomi, or The 1,000 Hells (also referenced in Big Trouble in Little China!) where the wicked are punished. These hells are ruled by the omnipotent Yama Kings, who learned that human misery can be channeled into metaphysical power. Mortal souls become demons and are tortured for eternity... and eventually become torturers themselves. Sometimes, a demonic soul manages to escape back to the human world (known as the Middle Kingdom). Nobody knows why the souls are allowed to escape, given that the Yama Kings are all-powerful within their own realms, but some speculate that they want the evil souls in the world, out there corrupting others and spreading misery.

The soul manages to get out of Hell and possess either their own body or a reasonable substitute if their body's been destroyed. The Kuei-Jin come out of Yomi as savage monsters, but are usually captured by their elders and civilized; taught a dharmic path which allows them to control themselves. Since they are not a part of the natural order, they produce no chi themselves, and thus have to steal it... the younger Kuei-Jin only know how to take chi from human blood (hence being compared to western vampires), but older ones can take chi from breath, the ambient atmosphere, and some can even get it from human faith: being worshipped as a god.

There are no bloodlines of the Kuei-Jin: their hierarchy is based on enlightenment, with the most enlighened being the equivilent of methuselahs or antedeluvians.

Kuei-Jin can't reproduce themselves as Cainites can, but those with an overbalance of Yang chi can have children, known as dhampyrs. These rare children aren't as powerful as vampires, but they're always incredibly lucky... as if the universe acknowledges the strange configuration events that would result in such a creature. At least until they push their luck too much, their joss runs out, and they go down in some spectacular way.

Hope that helped.
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I don't know much about them, but for the most part, it helps to know that
    they're soul-stealing infernalists, far as I know, and they make pacts with demons. Not people you want to cross.
    Not that Bloodlines gives you much of a choice.
    Some Kuei-Jin are soul-stealing infernalists, but trafficking with real demons will get you branded akuma and is a crime punishable by death in Kuei-Jin culture (they don't consider themselves to be real demons, despite most having a "demon form" and using "demon chi" to power some of their abilities). The Dragon's Tear, a discipline involving the Third Eye (Kuei-Jin are who Saulot learned about it from) is capable of stealing a soul, but it's typically used to remove the soul, purify it, and put it back in the body. Only Devil Tigers (consider themselves to be the rightful punishers of the wicked) and akuma generally use it for actual soul stealing.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So, the Heart of Eliza isn't working. It's not giving the bonus to melee it should. I can't remember this happening any other time I played, and can't find any mention of it anywhere else.

Found a new bug, hooray!

Aistan on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The Kuei-Jin (as they're known in the modern era, a combination of Japanese and Chinese: the Chinese vampires were once known as Wan Kuei) are the product of the unique metaphysical construction of the East (yes, it's silly, but just roll with it).

Anyone know what kuei means in chinese? I know Jin is people in Japanese.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    L|ama wrote: »
    Anyone know what kuei means in chinese? I know Jin is people in Japanese.

In Chinese culture, it's a ghost or demon, typically the spirit of a person who hasn't been given the proper burial rites or memorial respect it was due. So they're pissed off.

Wan Kuei means "10,000 Demons."

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It's funny but reading through this thread there are so many options I didn't know about like the boat mission where you can actually talk to that cop to get access.

I usually just stealthed or slaughtered my way through things...I'm unimaginative like that.

Kagera on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's funny but reading through this thread there are so many options I didn't know about like the boat mission where you can actually talk to that cop to get access.

I usually just stealthed or slaughtered my way through things...I'm unimaginative like that.

It's a bit of a problem with the mission design really - the game drills into your head that Messing With The Law Is Bad and that You Shouldn't Break The Masquerade, so logically any and all cops on the boat should be hostile. There's no indication, in-game, that the guy you can speak with is any different, especially when the dudes near him will shoot you.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Random Name GeneratorRandom Name Generator Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Except that the cop will initially try to talk to you as long as you don't shoot first. His speech makes it very clear that he's the only one onboard you want to mess with. What I wasn't expecting was to see him shooting at me as I ran from the sarcophagus back to the raft. Makes sense though.

Random Name Generator on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Except that the cop will initially try to talk to you as long as you don't shoot first. His speech makes it very clear that he's the only one onboard you want to mess with. What I wasn't expecting was to see him shooting at me as I ran from the sarcophagus back to the raft. Makes sense though.

well doesn't he have to see you first?

I never heard him before...

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Running in Circles for Profit
    update2101lt0.jpg

In, get the treasure, get out... they are only gangsters, no match for us.

update2102vk6.jpg

update2103bx3.jpg

Slashy here is so much more well-behaved than choppy or smashy...

update2104vi5.jpg

All a-tumbling down the stairs... hehehe...

update2105nc4.jpg

update2106gm3.jpg

The only locked door. Buried treasure must be inside.

update2107ax9.jpg

Olivie: Then you should be glad i'm not keeping you in there.

Bitch: Huh? Who are you? You're not with the Tong.

Olivie: I am no toothless Tong...

Bitch: Didn't I just say that? You may not be with the Tong, but you seem to be about as smart as they are.

Olivie: Your tongue is in need of a tuning. Are you Wong's Ho?

Bitch: Yeah. I'm Kiki. Who the hell are you? The Tong welcoming committee?

Olivie: I bring you freedom's key.

update2108mg7.jpg

Olivie: Close your food hole or you'll find yourself back in your cage.

Kiki: Okay, okay. Man, you don't have to get all sensitive. I'm sorry, okay?

Olivie: Wise are your words, little weasel. Let us go.

update2109vg5.jpg

No reward is worth this...

update2110qt0.jpg

Olivie: Why did the lost children take your treasure?

Wong Ho: I have not been able to find out why they took Kiki. I fear that it goes much deeper than the Tong.

Olivie: Your words are slightly opaque...

Wong Ho: For a long time I have been trying to clean up Chinatown. It was a difficult job, but the community came together and we started to take back our streets from criminals like the Tong. Businesses re-opened, families moved back into their homes...

Olivie: It seems the bugs have crawled back into the basket.

Wong Ho: Yes. I thought that the Tong were almost gone. But then something happened. Their numbers began to grow, and suddenly they had a lot of money to buy weapons with. With them followed the drugs and the violence. It is almost worse now than before.

Olivie: Who is the hand that pulls the strings?

update2111dc6.jpg

Olivie: Give voice to your vexings.

Wong Ho: I am sorry. I have said too much.

Olivie: Put your trust in this shattered psyche...

Wong Ho: Well, things seemed to change as soon as Ming-Xiao arrived and reopened the Temple of Golden Virtue. That was three years ago. I do not mean to insinuate that she has anything to do with the resurgence of the Tong. The two events merely seemed to coincide.

Olivie: Your blindness is as deep as my madness.

update2112je2.jpg

Olivie: Then let us delve into my own dilemma. I seek the shadow of a missing soul.

Wong Ho: Who is this person?

Olivie: Barabus...

Wong Ho: Hmmm. What else can you tell me about him?

Olivie: It seems my personalities persist in their silence.

Wong Ho: I see. I do not think that I could find him for you, but I know someone who could.

update2113dx5.jpg

Olivie: I export myself. Farewell.

Mmm... I smell old blood money...

update2114bz6.jpg

Olivie: The old wolf soaks his wounds in fire water...

Lu Fang: Let me tell you somesing- come closer so can hear- let me tell you somesing. Kids. Kids don't know nothing.

Olivie: Young eyes are often blind.

Lu Fang: Yeah! See, you see! You... you see. They crime, but they not organized. Messy. No one can do it no more! Just shoot shoot wherever. Cop no good. All a mess. Not organized.

Olivie: Your past is colored in criminal crimson, old wolf...

Lu Fang: Pshhh. Lu Fang know. I Lu Fang. Lu Fang know.

Olivie: Crime is a curious conundrum, violent and childlike.

Lu Fang: Wha? Oh! You philosopher, huh? You know Confuscius? Confuscius say, philosophers like backed up toilet... full of shit!

Olivie: I sense on you the secret of many dead souls.

Lu Fang: Was- come closer- no say too loud. Was hitman. I kill. Kill good. Lu Fang kill a lot of men.

Olivie: Are you a lost child of the Tong?

update2115ux3.jpg

Olivie: Do you have gold, old wolf?

Lu Fang: Got some money. Need more. Got some hidden, can't get.

Olivie: Ah! Another hidden treasure...

Lu Fang: Locked away. Need two key to get. Lu Fang only have one key.

Olivie: Where is the key to this trove?

Lu Fang: Lu Fang used to have pahtnah. Not pahtnah, friend. Lu Fang have friend. Ji Wen Ja. Ji Wen Ja, Lu Fang, friends. Both kill people for money for people. For Tong. Good Tong then, not bad Tong now.

Olivie: Two wolves in this precarious pack...

update2148ev4.jpg

Olivie: How many sands have fallen through the hourglass?

Lu Fang: Huh? You been drinking, too? What hourglass have to do with my money? If you can't handle liquor, then give to me. I know how to handle liquor.

Olivie: Count the years since this treasure tragedy.

Lu Fang: About 35 years ago.

update2116jf6.jpg

Olivie: Where is the other wolf?

Lu Fang: Ji Wen Ja make phony baloney fortune-tellah boof in marketplace. He no longer hitman. Con man low life, Ji Wen Ja. He keep key on him. Always on lookout for Lu Fang. Maybe you can get key from Ji Wen Ja? You kill people. Lu Fang know. Lu Fang can read people very well. Let Lu Fang see you... Yep, kill people. You kill Ji Wen Ja. No big deal.

Olivie: What loot for this liquidation?

Lu Fang: I give you money. When Lu Fang get key, pay you 20 percent of hidden money. Lots of money! Just kill Ji Wen Ja, get key.

Olivie: I will do this dark deed...

update2117ny5.jpg

Olivie: I go to hunt this crusty old canine.

update2118oi8.jpg

He can see the future... this will be my most challenging fight.

update2119og2.jpg

Olivie: Gee When Jaw?

Ji Wen Ja: You work for IRS? I... no English, sorry!

Olivie: The Fang sends me for your key.

Ji Wen Ja: Wait! You work for Lu? He want key right? How much he pay you?

Olivie: A lot...

Ji Wen Ja: What? Lu a liar. You bring him key, he go senile, say "what deal, I don't know deal". You not trust Lu! Ji Wen Ja your friend!

Olivie: Is that your final offer?

update2120pe6.jpg

Olivie: Now I hate the Fang too.

update2121qm0.jpg

Olivie: For your key, Ji Wen Ja offered 30 percent of his trove.

Lu Fang: 30 percent? You think Ji Wen Ja can afford to pay 30 percent? He need money for child bait. Got to buy comic book and video game. Ask him about nephew in bathroom! Do world favor. Kill Ji Wen Ja. I give you 40 percent!

Olivie: For forty, I will do this dark deed. Farewell.

Olivie: The fang outbids you again...

update2122di0.jpg

Olivie: The money is bloody, but it is all mine. Stupid, but lucrative.

Ji Wen Ja: Stupid? What do you mean?

Olivie: One gets death, one gets nothing. I get everything!

Ji Wen Ja: I hate Lu that much!

Olivie: Old fools equals more stuff than I can purchase.

Ji Wen Ja: Old fool! I show you! No money for you! No more hit. Lu and I will take money and split it. The hell with you! Goddamn mercenary! Trying to take old man's money!

Olivie: ...suckers...

Olivie: Ji Wen Ja says two wolves are better than one.

update2123gl3.jpg

Olivie: Perhaps a better deal with Ji Wen Ja.

Lu Fang: Lu Fang talk to Ji Wen Ja. Make things right. Or die. Better odds though- better stakes to deal with Ji Wen Ja than you. Cold-blooded mercenary math whiz! Sorry!

Old Wolves are hard on my noodle. I need to restock.

update2124ij5.jpg

update2125oq6.jpg

No noodles... chopped hands.

update2126av6.jpg

Olivie: Blah, bleh, blee, bleh?

Noodle Girl: I saw you enter the temple... suspicious... I know what you are.

Olivie: Mad... about god. Religious, not suspicious.

Noodle Girl: Re-ligious? Shirimasen, but all creature, even evil creature have a place in the world. I have no vengeance for you, but I can.

Olivie: That's crazy, you're crazy. But not me. Yes, you are- no, you are!

Noodle Girl: I talk with demon when I should kill it. Crazy... yes, I agree.

Olivie: Are you lost? Japan is that way.

update2127kc5.jpg

Olivie: Me and the Kuei-Jin, we're like apples and horseshoe crabs.

Yukie: I hunt to Kuei-Jin. I hunt Hengeyokai. My sensei killed demon that killed my family, and now I take the life of his killer. I follow trail of corpses from Japan to Rosu Angeresu... Hengeyokai is here and it will die here.

Olivie: Something smells fishy...

Yukie: Yes! Hengeyokai smells like fish! Do you know?

Olivie: I smell something. What is it?

Yukie: Hengeyokai is a demon that hides in the skin of a man, but is not a man.

Olivie: It masquerades... I know this bit.

Yukie: I know he is nearby... edo... I lose its trail. Do you meet Hengeyokai?

Olivie: If I smell it, I will come get you.

update2128wo4.jpg

Olivie: Your fate is sad, but then so is mine.

It smelled fishy with the mistress of mirrors...

update2129zf6.jpg

update2130fl8.jpg

Olivie: I seek a horrendous Hengeyokai.

Xiao: Ah yes, the Hengeyokai. Zygaena, I believe his name was. I had nearly forgotten him.

Olivie: Zygaena? Zany!

Xiao: He announced his presence in our domain, and I granted him permission to operate. He does not act on my behalf however, I can assure you.

Olivie: Where hides this churlish changeling?

Xiao: I believe he said he operates an importing business and entertains clients at the Red Dragon.

Let us leave before I feel icky again...

update2131mt0.jpg

Hmm... do you smell that?

No... but you have the nose.

update2132ov6.jpg

Olivie: Something smells fishy...

Zygaena?: I have a reputation for delivering product. I have more reason to be suspicious of you.

Olivie: The stench is overwhelming...

Zygaena?: I'm not a patient man. Are you here to make a deal or not?

Olivie: Does your mother have a son named Zygaena?

Zygaena?: No, and I would rather you did not suggest such a thing. He is a business associate... not one I enjoy dealing with, either.

Olivie: Talk about him.

update2133pi6.jpg

Olivie: Say his name and you will never see him again...

Not Zygaena: Oh, you plan to kill him?

Olivie: Kill or talk? Which one involves an exchange of free ideas?

Not Zygaena: Talk? I don't know... he is a somewhat paranoid man. I'm afraid if you were to try anything, I will be punished.

Olivie: The dead only punish our nostrils with their stench.

Not Zygaena: Yes, that's what I wanted to hear. If that's your goal, i'd be willing to help arrange a meeting with him.

update2134cp8.jpg

Olivie: I am so serious it's comical. I am gone.

update2135is6.jpg

Olivie: The demon you pursue...

Yukie: Doko desu ka? Where?

Olivie: It hides its scent in the fish market. Let us be like ninjas and surprise it.

Yukie: You want to kill Hengeyokai with me? Why?

Olivie: It smells like fish and Kuei-Jin.

Yukie: Fish Market de ikimasu. See you there, demon.

update2136zj1.jpg

Fish aren't so tough. They don't even have legs.

update2137sv0.jpg

Rather impractical to hunt demons in...

We would never be so silly.

In we go!

update2138yn0.jpg

Olivie: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Zygaena!: You're both here... my hunter and my target, this is very convenient.

Olivie: WOO HOO HA HA HA HA...

Zygaena!: Hmm-mmm-mmm... heh heh... surprise...

update2139bh0.jpg

update2140ir8.jpg

Fish transformer! Yet more things that should not be...

Its legs are ready to be chopped off!

update2141ko4.jpg

It hits us too hard to slice up...

Stay away and use Mercury's Might.

update2142pu8.jpg

Olivie used explosive freezing tank on Fishmonster!

It's super effective!

update2143sf9.jpg

Throwing his small brothers at us... we can dodge them, but his claws hurt...

update2144ru9.jpg

No good to us if the hunter dies... hurry.

update2145to3.jpg

Easy as fish-flavored cup-pies.

update2146ql8.jpg

Olivie: Wow... bet you're glad that thing didn't have tentacles, huh?

Yukie: Defy your nature, demon. Man can suffer without your help. Sayonara.

Let us sit and rest a moment...

The Zhao is next door, when we are ready.

update2147ux7.jpg

How convenient!

Aistan on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    " Wow... bet you're glad that thing didn't have tentacles, huh?"

I could never resist pulling that line either :P

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »

Well, it makes sense. If it did, she would have been screwed.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Badoom tish!

L|ama on
  • Options
    MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I'm going to go fellate a gun now.

Maticore on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I can't believe when I was in china town I missed all of these optional quests. How come no one would talk to me ; ;.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

:^:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Are all kue jin asians? Or can there be cases of western versions of them?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for the pun-ishment there, guys. I couldn't resist.

All Kuei-jin are of asian descent, yes, but there are isolated cases of Kuei-jin arising outside of the Middle Kingdom... in Chinatowns, or isolated Hmong communities in the US, for example. It's even happened that an asian child adopted by foreigners will come back... that's exceedingly rare, however. Part of the reason the Kuei-Jin are in Los Angeles in the first place is to make the area metaphysically more like the East, so that more Kuei-Jin will spawn there. This is why Ming Xiao is such a strong supporter of both Chinatown and the tongs.

The Middle Kingdom, by the way, extends from India eastward, and as far north as Mongolia.

There are similar creatures to the Kuei-Jin in the West that are just wraiths who possess their own dead bodies. They're basically the same as Brandon Lee's character in The Crow and return to finish their business from life.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for the pun-ishment there, guys. I couldn't resist.

All Kuei-jin are of asian descent, yes, but there are isolated cases of Kuei-jin arising outside of the Middle Kingdom... in Chinatowns, or isolated Hmong communities in the US, for example. It's even happened that an asian child adopted by foreigners will come back... that's exceedingly rare, however. Part of the reason the Kuei-Jin are in Los Angeles in the first place is to make the area metaphysically more like the East, so that more Kuei-Jin will spawn there. This is why Ming Xiao is such a strong supporter of both Chinatown and the tongs.

The Middle Kingdom, by the way, extends from India eastward, and as far north as Mongolia.

There are similar creatures to the Kuei-Jin in the West that are just wraiths who possess their own dead bodies. They're basically the same as Brandon Lee's character in The Crow and return to finish their business from life.

Where'd be a good place to read up on all the lore from V:TM? This stuff is really interesting to read.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Where'd be a good place to read up on all the lore from V:TM? This stuff is really interesting to read.

The official White Wolf homepage has forums where you can have any question about their games answered by obsessive nerds like myself.

For their old games like V:tM, go to the "Old World of Darkness" forum.

http://www.white-wolf.com/

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    so what's the current big World of Darkness game?

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    so what's the current big World of Darkness game?

There's a thread in Critical Failures on the subject, but way back in...2003, I want to say, White Wolf ended the original World of Darkness and remade it with some lessons they'd learned doing the WoD in mind.

You start with the "World of Darkness Corebook", which has all the rules, as well as ghosts and rules for making mortals. It is supported by a line of supplements designed for monster hunters, investigators, etc- X Files, Ultraviolet (British series), Supernatural kinds of characters.

Then there are three major game lines- Vampire: The Requiem, Mage: The Awakening and Werewolf: The Forsaken. These all have a truckload of supplements. Requiem is very much like Masquerade; differing in some of the finer details and being much better constructed. The other two are significant revisions of the oWoD and barely resemble their predecessor. There are two limited-run game lines with a fixed number of supplements- Promethean: The Created (5 books) and Changeling: The Lost (6 books). WW intends to release one such limited-run every year.

Stylistically, the nWoD is more toolkit, slightly better edited and you'll occasionally see an index. No metaplot, lots of options, sourcebooks aren't written in first person narratives- they're much closer to most other RPG supplements, which often makes people decry them as "boring!" but you gain a lot in information.

EDIT: I would kill to see a Bloodlines-style (only, you know, better made) game set in the nWoD.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    While quite possible to do a computer game version of the New World of Darkness, it would lack some of the background 'oomph' that comes with setting it with signature characters with well-known backstories (folks like Beckett and Smiling Jack the Anarch) and events (the Kuei-Jin Great Leap Outward). Without such crutches, a new WoD computer game would rely more on the talent of the authors to evoke a memorable game.

I'm guessing the NWoD is a better setting for the MMORPG that they're designing, however. Hearing the rules lawyers complain that Justicars would never allow my Tzimisce antitribu to go on a Camarilla raid on Sasha Vykos would be the last fucking straw.

Dracomicron on