Options

[FFXI] Now with 60% more jigs

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    sup san d'oria

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    'sup Sneak?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Windy>Sandy

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Be that as it may, Sandy is home.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    GrinninBarrettGrinninBarrett Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    San d'Oria is guilty of having too many unnecessary apostrophes, like the Zilart areas

Ru'Aun Gardens
    Tu'Lia
    Li'Telor
    Ru'Avitau
    La'Loff
    Ve'Lugannon
    Hu'Xzoi
    Al'Taieu
    Ru'Hmet

Seriously, what am I supposed to do with those apostrophes?

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So my EQ2 raiding guild just lost it's main tank. We've declared a short break to raiding while everyone does christmas stuff and our new tank finishes the shit he needs to get done to be MT.

Saw someone at work playing FFXI and I realize how much I miss the game. Picked it up on my lunch break and plan on starting a new character when I get home. Anything special a returning(but starting from scratch) character should know? It's literally been years since I've played the game and I think I maxed out around lvl20...

Going to the Bismark server, btw

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, 62 Whm and 60 Dragoon duoing bats in King Ranperre's tomb for up to chain 3's, and no less than 97 points a bat, up to 150.

Edit: Oh, and doing without Provoke

Edit: Further edit, about 2k in 45 minutes. Hardly record breaking, but you can level on it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    sup san d'oria

YOU SON OF A BITCH. GOD DAMMIT.

Fortunately I'm away from my actual computer for like a week.

Pb on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Windurst represent

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Pb wrote: »
    sup san d'oria

sup forced self-control

See you in Vana'diel in a week!

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    RagRag Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pb wrote: »
    sup san d'oria

sup forced self-control

See you in Vana'diel in a week!
    You two are both horrible people.

Rag on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    *chuckle*

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thanks, Bri and Ormi, for guiding me to the past San d'Oria. Now I just have to find my past self and jerk myself off to create a time paradox.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Uh, good luck with that?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Still considering getting a 360 and getting into this. Sounds like a lot of hassle to set up, and sounds pretty newb-unfriendly, though I'm sure some of you guys could help me out. Reviews made me skeptical. Maybe if I can get a friend or two to join me...

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Carbuncle loses Besieged for the 15th time

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Goblin's Rarab, you are wonderful. Just duo'd with one of my good friends, me NIN/WAR, him BLU/NIN. We took to Bibiki Bay. I may not have dealt more than 5% of our damage, but you can't beat 200+ EXP a pop in a pretty safe camp with chain 5's when we were lucky.

And if we wanted to, we could have taken a boat ride to Purgonorgo to cool off.

I love this game. :(

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    EricKeiEricKei Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No comment on how to acquire the game if you have multiple systems to play it on, but I *can* confirm how license keys work.

I got the PC version when it first came out, and snagged CoP later on, registered all of those on PC. I bought the xb360 version with TAU a few months back (had to stop for a while due to time constraints). When I loaded up the 360 rev and logged in on my old account, I found that it said that FFXI main, Zilart, and CoP were already registered, even tho I had never been to the reg screen before that on the 360. All I had to to was enter the reg code for TAU on the 360, ran the patches, and I was good to go.

Short version: The game doesn't care where the reg codes come from, they're tied to your POL account, not the machine you entered them on.

addendum: The only quibble I have with the 360 version is that, unless it's been patched, you can't alter the size of the text boxes/fonts/GUI on there to make it use up a smaller chunk of your screen real estate. It covers the bottom third of the screen on a standard-resolution TV when at maximum size, and the font is rather large. Just set your in-game options such that text boxes will shrink and do so quickly, and set Maximum Lines shown to zero; that's about he best you can do. Also, you can't tweak the resolution beyond what the config editor allows (by editing the ini file -- which, btw, is not officially endorsed). Hence, mine looks much sharper on my PC than on my 360, tho even on a 3:4 TV, it still looks quite nice. Yes, you can plug a USB keyboard in (I use a Sharkboard), and this is the reason they made things like that little keyboard that snaps onto your 360 controller. Conversely, you can control the PC version with a gamepad if you like.

EricKei on
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could hardly succeed." ~ Mark Twain
    Goozex referral pimp sig, click Spoiler to see it.
    EricKei.png
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So good news. I finally got around to logging on to my mule to see what she had. and BAM, I apparently had 200k saved up on her before I quit a long time ago :P

So as a 46 BLM. should I go splurge and get really good gear and all my spells and try to get even higher level? Or dump that 200k into leveling up a craft somewhat.

Which would be better in your opinions to make me more money? Higher level and then farming? or crafting?

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Save that money for elemental staves and level up. It'll be easier to make cash and level a craft when you're a higher level.

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And thanks to the Sneak for unleashing the Terrible Secret of Space onto the unsuspecting linkshell.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And thanks to the Sneak for unleashing the Terrible Secret of Space onto the unsuspecting linkshell.

I'm sorry that everyone knows you don't have a vagina now.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

The Sneak was all like "Bri is a cool dude." And I was all like "No, you ruined everything!"

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

The Sneak was all like "Bri is a cool dude." And I was all like "No, you ruined everything!"

hahaha

Our linkshell has been plagued by the fake-femme more than once. lol

One of my buddies is a mithra and he's always joking around and saying "Help a girl out" for some help.
    It's fucking hilarious.

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I never told anyone outright if I was male or female. I didn't exploit the possibility. I just caused people to scratch their heads over it, which was vastly amusing.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And we are back! Died to Ramuh earlier, Judgment Bolted for 1400 damage. Heading in to fight Shiva now.

Yesterday I tripped over Jaggedy-Eared Jack for the first time ever. Ran right past him as I did a double take. Turned around and killed him, but no drop.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    The Laughing ManThe Laughing Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just rolled up Stompy on the Shiva server.

The Laughing Man on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    hmmm, So, does anybody else hate being a BLM with a passion?

Especially the lvling up part?

How's lvling up NIN?

Specifically from 1 to 37?

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I never told anyone outright if I was male or female. I didn't exploit the possibility. I just caused people to scratch their heads over it, which was vastly amusing.

Isn't it?

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Evil_Pig wrote: »

How's lvling up NIN?

I can't say much about Ninja, as I am only level 10. However, I don't much care for Black Mage. It just isn't my style.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Evil_Pig wrote: »

How's lvling up NIN?

I can't say much about Ninja, as I am only level 10. However, I don't much care for Black Mage. It just isn't my style.

I've been working on NIN recently. It's not horrible aside from 35,000 gil per shihei toolbag. However, I duo'd most of my 20's levels, and I'm 29 now. Can't wait to get out of Yhoator. Hate that place. Out of the way if you don't have the warp (I do, but waiting for members who DON'T to get there can be agonizing) Also I've just had a bad couple days of parties. Frequent "disconnects" or outleveling drama which ends in an entire party disband. It just boggles my mind why people won't pull out the extra hour or two to get another level in. I don't like being stuck on that cramped island. :\

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    whoa whoa whoa!

35K a bag?

I really know nothing of this job yet other than the fact that RDM/NIN should be pretty good to Solo tough NMs and the like.

But how expensive can it get?

Do you spend a bag per level?

More?

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Acording to a quick glance at ffxiah.com, he means 35k for a stack of shihei tool-bags, which contain 1188 (99 * 12) shihei. You use one shihei per casting of Utsusemi.

Edit: And on my server they are going for 41k a stack.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I spent around 70k on ninja tools the other day, and I'm down to only a few stacks of shihei after 1.5 levels

Hooray!
    That was at level 66 though

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    We will be doing the avatars again tomorrow. Ramuh is up first in The Boyahda Tree, 12 EST. Have your forks before we start please, so this doesn't take 7 hours like it did last time.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is this game a Grindfest? or are the quests actually fun?

It's either this, EQ2 or EVE

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I can't comment on it currently (it sounds like they've added a lot more non-grind ways to level) but when I played it was a grindfest.

Thing is, with a good group, the grind wasn't a grind at all, it was a goddamn blast, if you were playing the job you enjoyed. Man I loved BLMing in a not-retarded group.

However, with the addition of the time travelly missions, it sounds like there are some new ways to level that might be more your style if you're not big on mass murdering mobs. Those who are still playing will have to comment more about that.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    They've recently added two main side leveling options,

Campaign Ops: Now the only problem with these are the Ops Credits, they work like Assault tags, so you get 1 credit everyday but they stack up to 7, so in a week you'll have 7 to use to grab some quick XP. While even level 1 Jobs can do most of the missions the XP reward isn't very high even for the slightly harder missions, we're talking 170XP. I mainly just store up 7 credits and do the resource ops, and throw the NPC either stacks of crystals I've saved up or lower end Ores I have sitting around from mining for 140XP for stacks and 90XP for ores. It's not really a means to level but it's a good thing to do while seeking or if you're only logging on for a short while (like the chocobo timed quests inbetween cities for the XP scroll.)

Campaign Battle: Battles are basically FFXI's answer to PvP. You don't group, you can join whenever you want, you can leave whenever you want, and they are usually happening all the time. Unfortunately it's mainly for jobs 50+ even when the Beastmen are on the defensive but if you're a job that doesn't get invites often it's worth jumping around from region to region to get some "easy" XP. Though you don't skill up at all in campaign battles and therefore it's not exactly a means to replace normal XPing, it's great for meritting though when ToAU areas are packed, but the XP you get doesn't come close to getting a decent group in ToAU.

I'm hoping they'll change how often you get Ops Credits, maybe 2 a day or 3 a day max. Even though the populations on the servers seem to be steady at ~2000 during peek hours, certain level ranges are a pain because people just blow through them, usually starting at 55 when ToAU areas become options. They should tweak battles some more and add skill ups to em, from the beastmen not from the fortifications.

On a side note anyone got a good LS? I'm deeply considering server jumping in a month or so, my LS is ran by a guy who can't get events scheduled for a decent hour (he sets up CoP runs at 2am.... on a weeknight.) And the rest of the peeps are too scared to try it themselves, or are scrubs that don't understand how Benediction works, or how to stand outside of -ga range while fighting the Mammets. It's frustrating, especially when you can get a pickup group and beat all three promys in a night and only lose once, and lose 5 times fighting the Mammets with LS mates just to find out their morons and don't know how to play the game :(

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Mine is acceptable. Events are rather ad hoc, but frequent.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I forgot just how awesome the patch process is.

Pb on
This discussion has been closed.