Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

a

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, deciding to try this out, there any sort of information databases I can use?

Zandracon on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    note to self: woe's over

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2009
    Gravity isn't getting back to me about my old account. That's probably a good thing, in the long run.

A duck! on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ro-empire is still decent, if a bit dated. Their forums are useful as well.

Edit Duck make a new character and play on valk now so I can heal slave/exp with you.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    I'll make one in a bit, what's your name?

A duck! on
    edited February 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    I'll make one in a bit, what's your name?

I'm not sure, since I haven't made it yet.

But probably Ivaana Umpalot.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    Aaaaand decided on Sister Magdalene since it was taken.

Transporter on
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Holy crap I forgot how to stat out a Rogue FFFF

Depends on the build you want.

Damage is high str, pretty high agi, with moderate vit and some dex
    If you want a strip rogue, I think most went bows because it is dependent on dex and then moderate agi and vit. tThat is if they still do all the things that I remember.

Lost on
    edited February 2009
    my names are Yzus and Omg Novice

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    Woo! Hour and a half left til download completion!

Zandracon on
    edited February 2009
    So, two things.

Leveling a healing aco in the novice area is still like sticking your dick in a meat grinder.

Two, holy shit is Valk populated.

Transporter on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I used to play this, me and my gf at the time got 'married' in the game. Godamn did that take forever to lvl for and get enough cash.

Then of course we broke up and I still feel like deleting my character just to be a dick. But that would involve installing the game again, and ugh, effrot.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Trans what's your name?

I'd partner with you if I could decide what class to make

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Trans what's your name?

Sister Magdalene, currently blocking all the spambots.

Also, I'm going to be a FS Aco, so you can pretty much make anything.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    offline I guess

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Give me a class. Any class.

zanmatto on
    edited February 2009
    So, are you screwed if you mess up some stat point allocations? Or does it allow some leeway?

Zandracon on
    edited February 2009
    pretty much screwed

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i forgot how crappy it was to not have any gear

Bleh, going for a monk sucks as an aco...but only 25 more JL's!

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    edited February 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »

Rogue so you can make money hand over fist.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009

Rogue so you can make money hand over fist.

Okay, give me a build :D

zanmatto on
    edited February 2009
    Completleystolen from RO-Empire.

Build 1
    Gankster

Build by Artanis
    This is quite possibly the most popular Rogue build out there. Of course each person is going to have their own variation to it this should cover the general basics. There are three types of Gankster. One of the types I have never seen before but could be quite the money maker. The build would be considered a Mugger by all standards.

Rogues are probably the most versatile class available. I mean let’s face it what other class can: use bows or daggers, can use four different stats as their main stat, use merchant dc skills, hide and move, strip equipment, and steal automatically.. all at the same time???. This is why rogues are fast becoming one of the most popular builds. You can make a rogue who is geared towards WOE, PVP, PVM, and MVP. You can also build hybrid rogues without sacrificing nearly as much as other hybrid builds for other classes.

The true Dagger Gankster (some people use a bow but, considering you must be in melee combat for gank a bow seems to be on the low end of a gank build)

*melee combat = no long ranged attacks

Level 99 stats (no eq)

Str 56+6 62
    Agi 83+7 90
    Vit 36+5 41
    Int 32+4 36
    Dex 73+7 80
    Luk 1+0 1

Now I know that I didn’t hit Vit or Strength right on the best possible number but, both of these stats have a bonus for each point put in them.

As a Novice and Thief you will probably want to pump Agi, Dex, and Strength. The reason for this is that Agi is your main defensive stat, you need Dex to hit the monsters, and you need Strength to actually kill them. I would start by getting all 3 stats to 11.

This begins with all 3 main stats at 11.

Agi 20
    Dex 20
    Str 20
    Agi 40
    Str 30
    Agi 60
    Dex 40
    Str 40
    Vit 20
    Agi 70
    Dex 60
    Int 14
    Agi 83
    Vit 35
    Dex 73
    Str 54
    Int 32
    Str 56
    Vit 36

The first thing you will want to do is get either a Main Gauche or a Blade. The reason for the blade is they are cheap, do good damage for a low level weapon, and are very cheap and easy to upgrade. Upgrading weapons is probably the most overlooked thing by new players. The affect on the game play is tremeandous. Trust me upgrade all of your weapons as soon as you get them. I like to try and start my novices out with a +7 Blade, then most on to either a triple Dextrous +6 or 7 Main Gauche or a Triple Shrewd MG. I say these weapons as they are easily accessable to new players and easy to make. (the cards are cheap)
    Spend some time in the culverts. This place is a godsend to new players as there are tons of spawns and the exp moves very fast. As a thief to be rogue I would work on maxings Improve Dodge and Double Attack right away. Once those have been maxed start maxing steal.. Here’s why.. Once you have one level of steal, and you have been collecting Iron Ore in culverts you can go to gef_fild09. Here you can fight Ambernites and Hornets. Hornets are awesome because there is a chance you can get a 4 slotted Main Gauche, Honey, or a Wind of Verdure. Ambernites have a chance to drop Iron Ore, Rough Elu, and Crystal Blues. The real reason you are here is to farm Red Bloods from Red Mushrooms. Use steal on them until you get a successful steal, then kill them and collect the loot. It shouldn’t take long to get 10 or 20 Red Bloods. This will help you make your first Elemental Weapon.. A Fire Stiletto or MG. From here go kill anything that hates fire, heck you can even start to think about Hodes soon.
    Once you have maxed Steal, start working on Hiding. Take hiding to level 9 as we don’t really care about getting it to level 10 and forget about Envenom unless you want to go to Job level 50.

During this time it is also a good idea to start collecting the elements for your weapons. If you end up buying your weapons sell these elements to a needy Forger and you’ll get rich quick. Good things to farm include ****MUSHROOMS**** they don’t fight back and drop Red Bloods (red shrooms) and Crystal Blues (black shrooms) . You can find several Black Mushrooms In Geffen Dungeon while fighting Poison Spores.

Once you hit Rogue you’ll want to start maxing Sword Mastery and Gank. From there ignore the Divest Skills unless you really want a WOE Hybrid. As for the rest of the skills that is purely up to you and your style of play.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    MOST IMPORTANT LINK KNOWN TO KUY NUB:

http://ragial.com/

Uh so this thing searches vend stores and finds prices and click that item and it shows you where on the map that person is.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    MOST IMPORTANT LINK KNOWN TO KUY NUB:

http://ragial.com/

Uh so this thing searches vend stores and finds prices and click that item and it shows you where on the map that person is.

Pika meet me in Payon.

No you don't have a choice.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    RO doesn't like my computer. All the 3-D stuff will randomly dissapear.

zanmatto on
    edited February 2009
    YOU'RE WELCOME

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    You would think the 39 blowjobs was enough but NOOO.

Level somthing on pay rag dammit

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    You're not seriously playing on p2p are you?

oh well

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    I got my account restored for transfering goodness adn re-upped for nostalgia sake

I just farmed 150 Bill of Birds in 15 minutes.

olol ROGUE.

But no I aint paying no monthly for some old as crap game I'm transferring off this popsicle stand.

Transporter on
    edited February 2009
    arghle picking a SN build is insanity

and also because I want to be hybrid, with int and str

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    Does anyone know of a patch or fix that will keep the game from flashing black? :(

zanmatto on
    edited February 2009
    Does anyone know of a patch or fix that will keep the game from flashing black? :(

Go to the Gar folder on your program files menu and iffle with the setup.

Usually a vidoecard is too damn good to use it properly, so just set it to the 3D whatever thing.

And make sure you don't have shit like forced AA or any overwriting graphics options on.

Transporter on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bleh made a Gunslinger to play around with...took forever to get the class change items, and now my six shooters won't fire! Apparently I need to kill things barehanded.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    edited February 2009
    I set it to 3D, changed around the resolutions, and everything else. Maybe this game just doesnt like me.

zanmatto on
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll get on once this damn thing patches. I suppose I'll make another mage, cause no one here is.

Any recommendations on builds? I've done the ice=>lightning build a thousand times, but I dunno what's worth it nowadays.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I set it to 3D, changed around the resolutions, and everything else. Maybe this game just doesnt like me.
    I don't know enough about the problem or your system to give you much advice, but there goes. Did you turn off lightmap and fog as well? Maybe try full screen?

Since you say it's flashing, if you can get into the game, try typing /skip and see if that changes anything at all? (If it doesn't, remember to type it again before you log out.)

Maybe try using your video card's control panel to make a custom profile for the game, and fiddle with that, tweaking settings down and such?

Dizzen on
    edited February 2009
    didn't take long for me to patch, that's odd

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bleh made a Gunslinger to play around with...took forever to get the class change items, and now my six shooters won't fire! Apparently I need to kill things barehanded.
    Did you buy and equip bullets? It wouldn't be RO without making you pay money for attacking.

Glal on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    Did you buy and equip bullets? It wouldn't be RO without making you pay money for attacking.

Haha yeah... There are already a number of actual ATTACKS that require paying Zeny... I guess they have to introduce goldsinks SOMEWHERE to get rid of the massive inflation. Heh, I can see them patching to scale up the cost of such attacks.

"Increased the Zeny cost of various Zeny-based attacks. Now use 1m for Rank 1 up to 20m for rank 10."

GPIA7R on
    edited February 2009
    I know, it's not like the game has had Archers since forever!

A duck! on