As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a

• Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey, I'm not making this stuff up. You'd be grinding mobs close to someone, and they would say "no jam". I'm all like, they confused about asking their mom for a sandwich or something?

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeeeah, I always said "KS" or simply reported them because I knew there was no one there.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2009
    they need better bot programs

mine would even say sorry if it KS'ed someone!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yeah no jam is no ks. jam like jamming radar. so you have no jam and jammers just like nowadays it's no ks and ks'ers

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I do want to exterminate the Thais solely because of RO.
    Brazilians for me.

My friend would try to ask them in Spanish (he didn't speak Portuguese and figured it was worth a shot) to ask them to please leave him be.

They understood.

They got their friends to help KS him.

Apho: Probably because KS/Killstealing is attacking a monster they already tagged to steal Exp from it, while "Jamming" just taps the monster (thus YOU'D be KSing THEM..yes I was actually told this by a GM.)
    "He stole it from under me."
    "Did he hit it first?"
    "Yeah but..."
    "Then you attacking it was KSing."
    *facepalm*

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    no don't try to logic this. Jam was just the same thing as KS. Different region, different slang.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Won't let me download the game :( It's like all error 404 on me :(

zanmatto on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ragnabot Online.
    How's the botting situation nowadays?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Absolutely 100% still horrible

And you can't step foot into Prontera and expect to carry a conversation with ANYONE. It's just chat flood with zeny sellers... So I guess the spam filters don't work anymore either... It's literally the entire pages of chat covered in half a second, nonstop.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    dolemelangedolemelange Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »

Same this is hella lame. What gives? o_O

dolemelange on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Same this is hella lame. What gives? o_O

The Internet is trying to save you. Don't let it's efforts be in vain.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So the main site download for the newest version of rag sucks for me.

So I got an older one, with the patch.

Yeah that worked out REAL well, since now it's patching files from as far back as 06.

And failing, miserably.

Transporter on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ahhh good ol' RO patching.

"What the fuck? Okay lemme check the errors at Gravitys site..."
    "THIS ERROR COULD MEAN:
    CORRUPTED DOWNLOAD
    INCOMPLETE DOWNLOAD
    YOU DOWNLOADED IT WRONG
    YOU ALT-TABBED AWAY WHILE IT WAS PATCHING
    YOU FAILED TO ALT-TAB AWAY WHILE IT WAS PATCHING
    YOU SHAVED IN THE PAST WEEK
    YOU ATE PUDDING AT LUNCH.

Solution: REINSTALL RO."

How the fuck did these people make money?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Back in their heyday, it was the best option to many people :D

ps: i'm impressed this game runs on XP

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i think i used the torrent

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Back in their heyday, it was the best option to many people :D

ps: i'm impressed this game runs on XP

Why? It's not THAT old. It also runs on Windows 7 over here on my end.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Downloading the client from their website worked fine for me this weekend, though it was perhaps a bit slow. Took the better part of half a day, if I remember right.

Currently they seem to be having server troubles, so hopefully any recent difficulties getting patches or the client won't be the norm.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    man i dont even understand half of these classes anymore
    Lord Knights suck.
    Paladins use Sacrifice to take damage in their party's stead and p. much refuse to die.

Assassin Cross use poison and Sonic Blow to level mother fuckers.
    Stalkers strip equipment and lock the stripped equipment slot as empty for a time. Also, copy another class' offensive skill.

Mastersmiths break and repair equipment, and deal quite a lot of melee damage. Also, abuse the Coma status effect which is fucking silly.
    Biochemists prevent equipment from being stripped or broken, throw acid bottles for absurd damage and have a decent bot by their side. Also, farm forever (and never fucking stop) because every good skill requires a reagent.

Snipers lay traps and autoattack things until they fall over dead. Unless the thing they're autoattacking has ranged reduction in which case welp.
    Minstrels/Gypsys are either bots or very easily entertained.

High Wizards deal a lot of area of effect damage and fill your screen with bright lights, forcing you to turn effects off.
    Scholars suck at PvE, and are a fucking pain in WoE as a support class.

High Priests buff and debuff.
    Champions only have one skill. Good thing it's a one-hit kill.

TaeKwon Kids suck.
    TaeKwon Masters suck.
    TaeKwon Rankers are pretty good if all you want to do is kick shit. There's only ten of them.
    Soul Linkers are useful but you'd have to be mentally deficient to play one because all of their offensive skills are unusable in PvP.

Ninjas suck.

Gunslingers suck.

Super Novices Super Suck.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How are high wizards in PVP?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Im thinking of making a vitality knight

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I always liked Agility thieves/rogues... becoming unhittable. Then, I tried a VIT build on a swordsman... which was also pretty cool, getting hit for barely anything at all

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I made myself a little acolyte. Good thing they gave me a teleportation service voucher before I left the intro area, as otherwise I'd of been suck in Morroc for quite some time.

I still kinda wish the game had some sort of global chat channel, though. Would make finding groups a lot easier.
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Absolutely 100% still horrible

And you can't step foot into Prontera and expect to carry a conversation with ANYONE. It's just chat flood with zeny sellers... So I guess the spam filters don't work anymore either... It's literally the entire pages of chat covered in half a second, nonstop.
    yeah, they are pretty annoying, but you can right click on them and select "Reject Whispering", and that will prevent them from showing up in your chat windows from now on. While it is annoying to have to do it with each one you come across, there's usually only one spammer at any given entrance/busy area, so it's not too bad.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't think reject whispering works for normal say, does it?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I don't think reject whispering works for normal say, does it?
    As counterintuitive as it may seem, it sure does. Shuts those bots up quite nicely.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Im thinking of making a vitality knight

It's been a looooong time since I made one, so maybe they changed things, but that was nothing but a world of tears right at release. VIT was a joke stat.

A duck! on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We might not want to be talking about bots, this is a PA board, after all.

If your downloads and such are failing, try using IE. Gravity's site doesn't work properly in Firefox. Billing and stuff has to be done in IE, for instance.

I'd disagree that Scholars suck in PvE, given that Soul Exhale is more or less 100% required for any serious PvE undertakings (Bios, the serious MVPs, etc.)

Also if you call it PvE in RO you'll get laughed at, the jargon there is PvM for no identifiable reason.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You guys can laugh at bots as much as you want, as long as you don't talk about how all the cool kids are botting and your 1 billion zeny.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    haha PvE. What a nerd

ok kainy. tell me what skills to max for mage, and what skills to max as wiz.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Depends entirely on what build you're going for. I'm hardly be best resource on wizards, mine's only like level 78.

http://web.hc.keio.ac.jp/~fk061999/himeyasha/skill3/ is a good skill simulator for you to make a skill build.

http://roproject.net/calc/ is a working stat/gear calc so you can do the more difficult part of exactly calcing your final stat values.

As a wizard you'll want storm gust, as it's more or less the most powerful and useful Wizard skill there is. Meteor storm often gets used in WoE for the purpose of unfreezing people frozen in the storm gust precast, allowing them to be hit again.

As a mage you'll want fire wall for leveling, almost always, though you'll have to learn how to vertical firewall.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I know vert firewall. I gave tutorials on the old way firewall worked (and also know how to use every iteration thereafter; it's been my favorite spell since implementation) :o brag brag brag also my penis is [tiny]this[/tiny] big

thanks for the tip.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey how is the free server anyhow? I noticed my old characters aren't on it, i didn't realize it was a special server so now i have to start from scratch again.

Is it just full of bots and gold sellers?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    pretty much.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Are transcendent classes available on the free server? If so then how you build is less important and you just go with a leveling build and worry about a pvp/woe build when you transcend. Anyway the normal way to play a wizard, when I played which would be like 3 years ago now, was Fire Ball 10, Fire Wall 10, Jupitel Thunder 10, Storm Gust 10, Water Ball 5, Frost Driver 5, Heaven's Drive 5, Quagmire 3 (I think), Ice Wall 1+ and then dump the 15 extra points where ever you want though normally that's into a second AoE skill, either Meteor Storm or Lord of Vermillion. There are other skills that you need points under the max to get these and its assumed that you put only enough points in to advance. If you can stand to level without firewall then getting safety wall is definitely better, but leveling will either be really hard or require a party. Also Frost Nova either really sucked or is a new skill as I don't remember it at all.

khain on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes they are.

Also I finally got this shit working OH YEAH.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Holy crap I forgot how to stat out a Rogue FFFF

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Holy crap I forgot how to stat out a Rogue FFFF

this is why I haven't started yet. If you fuck up your character at all you are so screwed.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    you can stat reset now
    20 stat points for $20

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Wait, as in, like, you can take your Agility from 99 to 79, or you can take your Agility from 99 to 97?

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yeah im not paying real money for messing up a character in a video game.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Wait, as in, like, you can take your Agility from 99 to 79, or you can take your Agility from 99 to 97?

I dunno. You want to test it? I don't wanna.
    iRO Character Stat Reallocation Policy

The iRO community is a vibrant and active collection of players from all over the world. Through RO,
    many users have found friends and established great relationships. The ability to adventure together
    and share in-game experiences has been the greatest aspect of the game.

However, every player creates their own personal characters to fit their own play styles by allocating
    stat points. Sometimes, this customization inhibits a character to be used exactly how that player
    originally wanted. As a result, some users are faced with the decision to delete the character and
    start over or to live with the way the character currently is. Therefore, a system to assist a player to
    change a character's stat was devised to help support players who wish to personalize their characters.

Due to the many requests from players to revert stat points from one stat to another, we have
    implemented a value added service and enacted a new policy to meet these requests.
    Please note that this value added service is subject to terms of an agreement and must be paid
    for in advance via PayPal or credit card to use.

We reserve the right to end or modify this service at any time without prior notification.

All terms and conditions of the Gravity Interactive's Terms of agreement and the Privacy policy found
    on iro.ragnarokonline.com apply to any fulfillment of character stat reallocation requests.
    You will not be allowed to reallocate any stats on any characters to an account that is not yours and
    that was not originally registered by you.
    FEE SCHEDULE

For the reallocation of character stats in-game

1 character(20 stat points) $10.00
    At this time, the character stat reallocation service is not available for PayByCash users.
    Only Valid Credit card and PayPal are accepted as payment methods.

In addition to the fees described above, if you are a resident of a European Union country,
    you will also be charged a VAT tax equal to 17.5% of the applicable fee.

GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS

The reallocation of stat points will be conducted during the following times:
    Monday ~ Thursday from 9am to 5pm PST.
    Requests submitted over the weekend will not be handled until the following Monday.

The request form cannot be used to reallocate more than one character's stat points per account.

1. This service can only be fulfilled after the provided form has been completed to
    indicate the requested changes.
    Once submitted, no modifications to the form or request are permitted.

2. This service can only be fulfilled once per character every three months.

3. Only 20 stat points from a single character on an account can be modified per request.

4. The character must not have any items, equipment, pets, and/or homunculus on the character or
    present after the request has been submitted.

5. No refunds will be permitted once your request is approved and processed.
    If you change your mind about changing your character stat reallocation after it is already
    processed, you will need to fill out an additional request for Character Stat reallocation and will
    again be charged the required change fees.

6. Gravity Interactive holds the rights to deny any character stat reallocation change for any reason.
    Also Gravity Interactive may grant refunds on denied character stat reallocation requests.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png