As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In Nomine Patri et Filii et Spiritu [Chat]

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Get off my lawn.

Your avatar, sir, may be the best thing ever to exist, ever.

"F*** your court! F*** your court!"

Alecthar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Can we do something a little more accessible than an MMORPG?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Once I again I really must stress that I would heavily favor banning religion threads across the board

I guess it would be practical, but I keep hoping that someday, everyone will realize that it never really goes anywhere.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    makes me want to play Liberal Crime Squad again

that game rocked but needed some updating

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Get off my lawn.

Your avatar, sir, may be the best thing ever to exist, ever.

"F*** your court! F*** your court!"

richy holidified it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Can we do something a little more accessible than an MMORPG?

Yeah, I actually think we were mixing Dungeons and Dragons jokes with WoW jokes, so a pen and paper version is actually already in the works.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Here's a typical class sketch with perk/skill tree possibilities.

Class Name: Presidential Hopeful

Skill Trees:

- Politician
    -- Debate
    --- Logic
    --- Smooth-Talking
    --- Charismatic Speech
    --- Rhetoric
    --- Quick-Thinking
    -- Administration
    --- Quick-Worker
    --- Good Planner
    --- Foresight
    -- Economist
    --- Penny-Pincher
    --- Syphoner

- Combatant
    -- Rifle Expert
    --- Marksmanship
    --- Quick Loading
    -- Pistol Expert
    --- Hip-Shooting
    --- Quick-Firing
    -- Machine Gun Expert
    --- Burst Specialty
    --- Heavy Weapon Expertise
    -- Grenadier
    --- Far Lobbing
    --- Bounce Expertise
    -- Rescuer
    --- Quick Carrying
    --- Human Mule
    -- Medic
    --- Diagnostic Expertise
    --- Herbology

- Pacifist (cannot wield weapons)
    -- Speech
    --- Quick Talking
    --- Lying
    --- Persuading
    --- Empathy
    -- Defense
    --- Iron Skin
    --- Hiding
    --- Camouflage
    -- Protect
    --- Shield
    --- Rally
    --- Support

Perks:

"Ruthless" - You know how to eviscerate your opponent verbally. You will automatically gain a +5 reaction modifier whenever you address any opponent publicly.

"Clean Hands" - You know how to delegate tasks properly. Once per day, you may perform one "dirty trick" ability without incurring any alignment, popularity, or reputation penalties.

"Bright Smile" - You've very carefully and religiously polished your teeth to a sparkling finish and have developed a winning smile. Smiling at anyone grants you a temporary +10 reaction modifier with this individual and +1 persuasion level. Caveat: if others witness your persuasion-through-smile, there is a 30% chance of damaging your reputation with these individuals.

"War Hero" - (requires you take the Combatant skill tree) - You saved your brothers in one war or other, carrying them out of harm's way, and were decorated with a purple heart. As such, everyone knows your name and you begin with a reputation level of 20, plus you receive double the amount of reputation points for every Good Deed to successfully complete, but lose double for every Bad Deed you perform.

"Blood From Stone" - (requires Politician skill tree and two points in Economist skill branch) - You've developed the innate ability to see money where others cannot and possess the talent to squeeze this money out and into your pocket without harming anything or anyone. Once per week you will receive a random amount of money depending on your current political influence and your networking score as well as your number of connections and political affiliates.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Last final in 1 week, 2 hours.
    Last final in 2 weeks - 1 day
    Fuck you guys

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Once I again I really must stress that I would heavily favor banning religion threads across the board

Also political threads, and ethical threads they're always the same right? and they hurt everyone in [chat] who have to bitch about them. Also Star Trek threads, because seriously - how nerdy can you get? We need at least some decorum of class round here.

Leitner on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    List

I can already tell there is a severe lack of filibustering.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    last final in 6 days 23 hours 30 minutes.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

But then how else would we pierce the cocoon of blind zealots with our radiant skepticism?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

Why?

Just don't click into them. I don't see the value in banishing a topic other people seem to enjoy if you aren't forced to read it.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Here's a typical class sketch with perk/skill tree possibilities.
    Class Name: Presidential Hopeful

Skill Trees:

- Politician
    -- Debate
    --- Logic
    --- Smooth-Talking
    --- Charismatic Speech
    --- Rhetoric
    --- Quick-Thinking
    -- Administration
    --- Quick-Worker
    --- Good Planner
    --- Foresight
    -- Economist
    --- Penny-Pincher
    --- Syphoner

- Combatant
    -- Rifle Expert
    --- Marksmanship
    --- Quick Loading
    -- Pistol Expert
    --- Hip-Shooting
    --- Quick-Firing
    -- Machine Gun Expert
    --- Burst Specialty
    --- Heavy Weapon Expertise
    -- Grenadier
    --- Far Lobbing
    --- Bounce Expertise
    -- Rescuer
    --- Quick Carrying
    --- Human Mule
    -- Medic
    --- Diagnostic Expertise
    --- Herbology

- Pacifist (cannot wield weapons)
    -- Speech
    --- Quick Talking
    --- Lying
    --- Persuading
    --- Empathy
    -- Defense
    --- Iron Skin
    --- Hiding
    --- Camouflage
    -- Protect
    --- Shield
    --- Rally
    --- Support

Perks:

"Ruthless" - You know how to eviscerate your opponent verbally. You will automatically gain a +5 reaction modifier whenever you address any opponent publicly.

"Clean Hands" - You know how to delegate tasks properly. Once per day, you may perform one "dirty trick" ability without incurring any alignment, popularity, or reputation penalties.

"Bright Smile" - You've very carefully and religiously polished your teeth to a sparkling finish and have developed a winning smile. Smiling at anyone grants you a temporary +10 reaction modifier with this individual and +1 persuasion level. Caveat: if others witness your persuasion-through-smile, there is a 30% chance of damaging your reputation with these individuals.

"War Hero" - (requires you take the Combatant skill tree) - You saved your brothers in one war or other, carrying them out of harm's way, and were decorated with a purple heart. As such, everyone knows your name and you begin with a reputation level of 20, plus you receive double the amount of reputation points for every Good Deed to successfully complete, but lose double for every Bad Deed you perform.

"Blood From Stone" - (requires Politician skill tree and two points in Economist skill branch) - You've developed the innate ability to see money where others cannot and possess the talent to squeeze this money out and into your pocket without harming anything or anyone. Once per week you will receive a random amount of money depending on your current political influence and your networking score as well as your number of connections and political affiliates.

We should actually do this. Damn would it be awesome. What pen and paper framework would we work under, do you think?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Weapons skills should be political style.
    you could have

- filibuster
    - irrational ranting
    - debating
    - rhetoric
    - fear mongering
    - race baiting
    - mudslinging
    - media blitz

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hmm. Mass effect?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DON'T MIND IF I DO

MikeMan on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Just once, when someone downs a really powerful or dangerous enemy in a TV series, I'd like them to walk up to the corpse, do the "better make sure he's dead" look, and then shoot that motherfucker another 50 times or so in the head because damn it you do not want him to get up.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Leitner wrote: »

Also political threads, and ethical threads they're always the same right? and they hurt everyone in [chat] who have to bitch about them. Also Star Trek threads, because seriously - how nerdy can you get? We need at least some decorum of class round here.

ban all threads blah blah glory to the people blah blah for mother russia blah blah

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    you could have

- filibuster
    - irrational ranting
    - debating
    - rhetoric
    - fear mongering
    - race baiting
    - mudslinging
    - media blitz

Strawman!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have to start studying for finals and have a hard ass pset due Monday and CS assignment tuesday...
    But it's Friday night and my friends are having a party with lots of tequila and beer and boots, no pants
    Decisions...

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited December 2007

ban all threads blah blah glory to the people blah blah for mother russia blah blah

I sense a waning in your commitment, comrade.

I pray you do not want me to report you to the overseer?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

So, in Russia they don't use sarcasm to make points I take it?

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    you could have

- filibuster
    - irrational ranting
    - debating
    - rhetoric
    - fear mongering
    - race baiting
    - mudslinging
    - media blitz

Yeah, but then I wouldn't have the opportunity to shoot old guys in the face, Dick Cheney style.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    www.cnn.com

Is that really their headline?

Doc on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shinto wrote: »

Why?

Just don't click into them. I don't see the value in banishing a topic other people seem to enjoy if you aren't forced to read it.

Because the only enjoyment anyone seems to get out of them is our resident compliment of militant atheists talking up their own superiority, which is what the thread devolves into, without fail, within 2 pages of the OP?

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

So, in Russia they don't use sarcasm to make points I take it?

I was kind of riding what you said.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    www.cnn.com

Is that really their headline?

What the fuck?

That's like an Onion headline, right there.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why?

Because the only enjoyment anyone seems to get out of them is our resident compliment of militant atheists talking up their own superiority, which is what the thread devolves into, without fail, within 2 pages of the OP?

And why are we less deserving of enjoyment than you?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »

Why?

cuz u r dum! lol pwned!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why?

cuz u r dum! lol pwned!

nooooes

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    We really don't have megathreads so I think a general religion thread is kinda silly. if it's about a specific topic like the Romney one I think it's ok though.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Why?

cuz u r dum! lol pwned!

d00d, u got pwned by a cihck!!!!1111oneeleven 3pic fa1l

Alecthar on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The answer is "anything written in cheese".

Now all I need is a question.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »

What's the most delicious form of writing?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

Why?

So what?

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Alecthar wrote: »

Why?

cuz u r dum! lol pwned!

d00d, u got pwned by a cihck!!!!1111oneeleven 3pic fa1l

NO WAI

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

what would jesus do?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Were any of the members of your House of Fame proficient in pen spinning? If so, what role did it play in your decision?

Frosteey on
This discussion has been closed.