As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In Nomine Patri et Filii et Spiritu [Chat]

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm still waiting on the class review for the Privileged White Democratic Flip-flopper.

they kinda nerfed him after the last patch

We're supposed to get a new overhaul of the core game engine next November (*crosses fingers*).

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You know I really don't like Shannen Doherty.

Is it because she spells her first name with an "e" instead of an "o"?
    No. But good catch.

The only reason I know that is because I had to look her up.

Why the hate? She's barely done anything except some crappy TV shows.
    I don't know. I saw an ad for Charmed and just suddenly thought "I really don't like her".

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm still waiting on the class review for the Privileged White Democratic Flip-flopper.

they kinda nerfed him after the last patch

I KNOW! They practically halved the proc on Question Evasion, and boosted the cooldown on Meaningless Platitudes.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    My bottomfeeder black minister character would own you Drez.

I like the tin-foil-hat-wearing consipracy theorist/unmedicated psychopath combo myself. Really acts as a spoiler in most scenarios.

That's a specialty class. You unlock it after either gaining seven levels in the Ex-Liberal-now-Radical-Conservative class or five levels in the Mel Gibson class.

True, but he's so worth it. Well, after your pour enough points into paranoia so you can get his "I'M FUCKING CRAZY" epic feat, anyway.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    You know, if we dick around with this concept enough, we might just have a winning game on our hands. How many coders frequent chat?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I would totally play this game. Possibly buy it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anyway, I'm out [chat].

We should all run Primaries sometime, it'd be cool.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I would totally play this game. Possibly buy it.

I'd buy it five times.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    lolz

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, it feels like something died in my mouth, and I definitely did not puke or have that much to drink last night.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    973 DICKS

MikeMan on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You know I really don't like Shannen Doherty.

Is it because she spells her first name with an "e" instead of an "o"?
    No. But good catch.

The only reason I know that is because I had to look her up.

Why the hate? She's barely done anything except some crappy TV shows.
    I don't know. I saw an ad for Charmed and just suddenly thought "I really don't like her".

Actually apparently she really is a huge bitch.

And I think that the up and coming class really is the Designated Loser. Ever since they lowered the cooldown on "Delusions of Grandeur" and boosted the damage on "Three way tie for third place" it's been ridiculous easy to grind primaries.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man, it feels like something died in my mouth, and I definitely did not puke or have that much to drink last night.

Too easy.

I would make this game if people wanted to work on it.

Drez on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh man I'm doing my first sex scandal quest

It's pretty awesome

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

It's pretty awesome

I've heard the only way to get past your first one is to either max out "Evasive Speaking" or to have the "Deadly Campaign Manager" pet.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »
    973 DICKS

I was pretty bummed when I read that it was Celery's first time online last night. He was kicking my ass up and down all over the place. D:

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Alecthar wrote: »

It's pretty awesome

I've heard the only way to get past your first one is to either max out "Evasive Speaking" or to have the "Deadly Campaign Manager" pet.

Having the "Mafia Ties" feat helps out as well.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    You can get new missions and scandals at the Randomgate Terminal!

Just stick your business card. The rub is that every card you put into the terminal increases the chance of it embroiling you in a future randomized scandal, so you have to be careful how many you dig into yourself.

Also, the more involved you get, the more assassins and reporters will come after you, sent by the other side.

And...don't forget about the Green party. They may seem impotent on paper, but they can be conniving little bastards.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It's pretty awesome

Having the "Mafia Ties" feat helps out as well.

Yeah, especially because it upgrades "Shallow Grave" to "Cement Shoes" which gives you a lower chance of quest failure from body discovery.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's easy for a race baiter. I can defend myself with my rechargeable picket line power and attack from afar with my shameless funeral appearance attack.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    973 DICKS

I was pretty bummed when I read that it was Celery's first time online last night. He was kicking my ass up and down all over the place. D:

You had some nice fuckin kills on me, IIRC.

You weren't doing half bad.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It's easy for a race baiter. I can defend myself with my rechargeable picket line power and attack from afar with my shameless funeral appearance attack.

And the "Playing the Race Card" buff gives you a bonus to jury trials equal to the number of people of your race in the court's jurisdicition

Alecthar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Okay, that's it. Now I'm not even lurking the fucking Christian thread.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Let me know when y'all are done with this.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Really? I was just about to give in to my curiosity and start reading it... :?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Right now there's a discussion about whether Christianity is really polytheism or not, and blah blah blah. Not one mention of any Councils.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Guys, I was doing the Partisan Media Conglomerate raid with my Milquetoast Midwestern Governor character last night. I got all the way up to the CEO, but I didn't have enough Reputation Points to nullify his Mighty Wurlitzer debuff.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Right now there's a discussion about whether Christianity is really polytheism or not, and blah blah blah. Not one mention of any Councils.
    Well what do you expect? We're the forum that had the "is Christianity really cannibalism" debate.

I read the first page, and the only thing I'd really care about is what the hell Amelius' friend wrote when he took Anelius' account. I guess I'll never know. Anyway, I'm going to take a shower.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Looks like someone's been having fun with wikipedia.
    Uranus had been observed on many occasions prior to its discovery as a planet, but it was generally mistaken for a someone's anus.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Guys, I was doing the Partisan Media Conglomerate raid with my Milquetoast Midwestern Governor character last night. I got all the way up to the CEO, but I didn't have enough Reputation Points to nullify his Mighty Wurlitzer debuff.

I find it best to have a Conspiracy Theorist on that raid. As long as they time the cooldown right "Wild-Ass Yammerings" can deal decent damage and knock off that buff every time he casts it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Looks like someone's been having fun with wikipedia.
    Uranus had been observed on many occasions prior to its discovery as a planet, but it was generally mistaken for a someone's anus.

"The wind speeds out of Ur-anus can reach 250 m/s (560 miles per hour)."

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I really want to play this game, now.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oh gof that christian thread

train wreck

and i'm not even participating...

MikeMan on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Goddamn it's fucking cold D:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sup Irene. Care to contribute to the growing pool of oddly compelling ideas for a Republican vs. Demcorats MMORPG? It really is strangely awesome.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oh gof that christian thread

train wreck

and i'm not even participating...

it certainly is one of the more inane threads with ridiculously uninformed posters we've had lately, isn't it?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Okay, okay, we get it, the Christians thread blows. Blah Blah Blah. Will someone say something funny now? I come here to be amused, damn it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Get off my lawn.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sup Irene. Care to contribute to the growing pool of oddly compelling ideas for a Republican vs. Demcorats MMORPG? It really is strangely awesome.

It's really rather early for me to attempt any clever political allegory with nerd terms, you guys carry on :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Once I again I really must stress that I would heavily favor banning religion threads across the board

Salvation122 on
This discussion has been closed.