As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] SW:SE Dawn of Defiance - Group 1

• Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    With a shocked look on his face, the guard collapses to the ground as the stun energy courses through his body. The thug who had been shot at by the guard then levels his blaster at Rokk and fires, the shot missing by a narrow margin.

The winded thug, angry at the medical droid for ruining his handiwork, and scared at the prospect of facing two Jedi, steps up and swings at J6-N2. Fortunately, he trips over the formerly unconscious Cerean, and in his recovery, his axe swings wide.
    Rokk hits Guard 2, damage exceeds maximum hit points, -5 condition steps, unconscious.
    Thug 7 aims at Rokk (2 swift), attacks: 1d20+1=12, miss!
    Thug 2 moves toward J6 (move), attacks: 1d20+2=3, miss!

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    XaiberDXaiberD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Torn winced in near physical pain as the limp guard dropped dead in his Force Grip. A chill flowed through him, this was the first time he had ever killed someone with the Force directly, and it was not something he enjoyed. The medical droid began tending to his unconcious friend when the man who shot Su Tada down originally aimed an attack at him.

Not wanting his friend or the kind droid aiding him to suffer any more attacks, Torn leaped forward, pushed by the Force, spinning his blade above his head, landing and striking out at the thug in one swift movement.
    Force Surge!
    Use the Force: Force Surge (1d20+4=23)
    23 = "+30 Force Bonus on Jump Checks, +6 Squares of movement"

Lightsaber attack vs thug 2 (1d20+1=5, 2d8=9)
    Attack roll: 5, Damage Roll: 9.

Dramatic jumping followed by what I'm assuming is a miss, heh. 0 (take 10 + 30 force bonus) is enough to clear just over 13 meters, which I'm pretty sure is enough to get to the thug, since he's right by Su Tada/J6.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Switch ducks completely behind his desk. He calls out to you, "What manner of treachery is this? Are you working for Ganga Lor as well?"

The Chevin, whom you are now assuming is this "Ganga Lor" Switch speaks of, squeezes a shot off at the angry Jedi not three meters away. "They're on to you! Kill them!" His thug however gets in the way, and the Chevin is unable to get a good bead on Torn Dall, and the shot barely misses.

The thug standing next to Mnaomai, panicked by the gruesome death of his neighbor, takes a desperate shot with his pistol at the young man.
    Switch fights defensively (standard), takes no attacks: +5 RD.
    Ganga Lor aims at Torn Dall (2 swift), attacks (standard): 1d20-2=13, miss!
    Thug 7 attacks Mnaomai Arma: 1d20+1=12, hit! Damage: 3d6=14.

Ganga Lor, the Chevin, has a -5 for firing into melee. Mnaomai is -2 RD from his charge; hence the hit. Let's get a UtF from Mnaomai to negate the thug's attack. It's also Mnaomai's turn.

delroland on
  • Options
    VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As Mnaomai swings his blade, his eyes catch a twinkle of light, A blaster bolt.... NO TIME! Mnaomai twirls his blade catching the bolt just enough to deviate it's path.

The bolt screams past Mnaomai , Too close! I must weaken their resolve. With that, Mnaomai tumbles through the air, aligning his blade towards the Chevin. With his blade at his side, Mnaomai tears through the air towards the villain.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The Chevin, Ganga Lor, leaps back away from Mnaomai's saber just in time, the tip of the saber singing the skin on his trunk.
    Mnaomai hits Ganga Lor, 11/21 hp.

Truncated initiative:
    Rheed Beespo (26)
    Su-Tada (25)
    J6-N2 (22)
    Rokk Fiasco (19)
    Torn Dall (15)
    Switch (15) 15/24 hp
    Thug 7 (9)
    Mnaomai Arma (6)

New map! Yay!
    v14g1r3.jpg

delroland on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Feeling his Rodian veins filling with the thrill of the hunt, Rheed drops his rifle, allowing it to swing freely at his side. In one motion he pulls up quickly on the head of his 20-sided mace, lofting it into the air and catching it mid-flight in his left hand. With all his strength he brings it swinging towards Thug 2. It lands with a crunch.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rheed can hear the sound of snapping bones as his mace slams into the shoulder of the thug. The thug lets out a slight moan and passes out from the pain.

Suddenly, the second of Switch's guards turns towards his employer and shoots at him! Switch sees the attack coming and shouts, "What are you doing?!" before easily dodging the shot.
    Rheed hits Thug 2, 0/9 hp, unconscious.
    Guard 1 aims at Switch (2 swift), attacks: 1d20+1=5, miss!

delroland on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Su-Tada wakes up on the ground with a droid standing over him. Shit, he thinks to himself. He takes a moment to reign in his emotions, and gather his thoughts, while assessing the situation.
    Swift + standard + move = 3 swift actions to move one step up the condition ladder.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    J6 helps Su-Tada to his feet, and keeps his head down while he speaks to the Jedi.

"Your wounds are not serious. We need your help!"
    Bolster Ally on Su-Tada, moving him 1 step up the condition track and giving him a bonus hit point.

Pony on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Son of a bitch! I knew it!"

Rokk dashes forward to get a clearer shot at Switch's remaining traitorous guard. Once in a better position, he snaps his pistol up and fires a quick shot at him.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    With a blue flash, the blast of stun energy impacts harmlessly on the crates the guard is using for cover.

One of Ganga Lor's remaining men, trying to keep the Jedi away, fires a quick shot at Mnaomai, but the Chevin gets in the way, and the plasma bolt sails into a wall.
    Thug 5 aims at Mnaomai Arma (2 swift), attacks: 1d20-4=6, miss!

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Seeing the one lightsaber weilder leap forward, Torn did not wish to leave him by himself. As his friend beside him worked on getting his bearings, Torn charged forward towards the thug directly at the Chevin's left hand side. Spinning his blade, he snapped it downwards, slicing at the collarbone of the thug.
    Charge and Attack Thug 5 with Lightsaber. (1d20+3=21, 2d8=11)
    Attack: 21 (extra +2 from charging)
    Damage: 11
    My reflex defense is at -2 until my next turn.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    In a final act of desperation, Torn Dall's quarry throws his arms up in self defense only to have a lightsaber slice cleanly through his shoulder and part of his torso. The thug falls to the floor in two pieces.

Switch, quickly reacting to the mutiny in his ranks, points his blaster at the traitorous guard and shoots him in the chest. Clutching at the wound, the man stumbles and soundlessly falls down the exhaust shaft.

Now desperate, but too stupid to surrender, Ganga Lor takes what will be his last shot at Mnaomai Arma, but in his panic the Chevin misses terribly. Following his boss' lead, the last standing thug shoots at Mnaomai as well, and Mnaomai, having let his guard down ever so slightly, is forced to once again throw his lightsaber into the path of the attack.
    Torn Dall hits Thug 5, damage exceeds threshold, dies.
    Switch attacks Guard 1: 1d20=13, hits! Damage: 3d4 1=11, exceeds threshold, dies.
    Ganga Lor attacks Mnaomai Arma: 1d20-2=5, miss!
    Thug 7 attacks Mnaomai Arma: 1d20-4=15, hits! Damage: 3d6=14, exceeds threshold, -1 condition step.

No damage if you deflect tho. :)

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai can barely make out the blaster bolt tearing through the air towards him, he closes his eyes as he trusts in his feelings. He feels his blade rise... CONTACT! Mnaomai's lightsaber kicks back as the bolt is deflected.

Mnaomai opens his eyes to the Chevin glaring with intense resolve. He slides his feet back as he readies his his blade behind him. The panicked Chevin realizes what the young mans eyes are telling him, this Jedi plans to end him! Ganga Lor quickly fires his weapon at the Jedi. The bolt refuse to harm the Jedi and sails by him. For a moment Mnaomai stops... he grinds his hands grip deep into his hilt.

"Farewell...."

A blanket of overwhelming white envelops the Chevins sight.

Deflect

1d20 + 1d6 +7 → [12,3,7] = (22)
    UTF Check to deflect blaster bolt on 1/10/08 UTF roll + FP + UTF Skill mod

Move: failed acrobatic check for tumble

Triggered AOO from Ganga Lor who missed his attack.

[URL="[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1458276/[/url]"]
    Standard: Charge 1d20 +4 → [17,4] = (21)[/URL]

Attack Bonus [+2] + Charging [+2] attack -> Chevin Boss 2nd time. Roll date 1/10/08

Damage

[URL="[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1458277/[/url]"]2d8 +2 → [7,4,2] = (13)[/URL]

Damage step against Chevin Boss: Lightsaber damage (2d8) + Adventure bonus due to opening crawl (+2) Rolled on 1/10/08

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai Arma hits Ganga Lor, damage exceeds threshold, spends a Force point to prevent death, unconscious.

Only Thug 7 left, Rheed is up.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Crouching low, holding the mace in his left hand, Rheed stalks the final thug. After a tense moment Rheed lurches forward, raising the mace high above his head. The burly Rodian’s body strains as every muscle tenses, deftly leaping over fallen foes and thundering toward his prey. The mace falls, almost elegantly, through the air and into the soft space between the Thug’s neck and shoulder.
    Move - 1 square SE, two squares south.
    Standard - Charge Thug 7 - Attack + Forcepoint = 14; Damage - 1d8+2=10

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The last of the thugs falls to Rheed's mace and the sound of shattering bone. With a ruined shoulder and neck, he spasms for a moment then lies motionless.

Switch stands up from behind his desk and holsters his pistol. Uprighting the spilled glass on his desk, he refills it. "That was unpleasant. Now, where were we?"

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Taking the droid's hand, Su-Tada pulls himself to his feet. Wincing from pain despite his exceedingly well-bandaged wounds, and giving J6 a nod of thanks, he turns to Switch and says "yes, I believe you were about to give us the location of the cargo." Looking down, and seeing the Chevin still breathing, he turns to J6 and says "we should give him a hand." With that, he quickly searches the body, removing all weapons, and waits for the droid to take the lead on treating the crime boss.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Still standing over the last thug, Rheed sheaths his mace and brings a cigar to his mouth. He flicks a lighter and breaths deep as the smoke swirls around his antennae.

"Hey Sparky," he says, turning his head slightly towards Rokk, "You wanna help me see if there is anything good among these ruins?"

With that he bends down and begins to check the prostrate thugs for weaponry.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai 's lightsaber stays ignited as he stands his ground. He forcefully whirls his blade in the air, re-attuning his hand to his powerful weapon. Mnaomi turns and stretches out his arm horizontally. "Ah... my arm is whole again!"

After having his brief moment, Mnaomai deactivates his lightsaber and makes his way over to Rheed as the smoking fighter begins to sift through the spoils.

Mnaomai looks at the unconscious thug and chuckles, "Well you're quite capable in melee as well, thank you for having my back." Mnaomai turns and walks to meet the injured Su-Tada, "Jedi, how are you holding up?"

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rokk shakes his head as he holsters his pistol. Sparky? Really? Who does that overgrown bug-sucker think he is?

Pretending not hear the Rodian's request for assistance, Rokk sits down in one of the two chairs facing Switch. "Care to explain what that bit of nastiness was?"

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "It is nothing to get overly concerned about. That was Ganga Lor. He and I... compete for business. Ah, at least we did. It seems he was overzealous in his aspirations and attempted a takeover of sorts. Fortunately, he brought all of his employees with him, and so, thanks to you, we have no reason to fear reprisal.

"Oh, and don't worry about the survivors, as you have done more than enough already. I can take care of the clean-up."

Switch paused a moment before going on. "It seems I may have underestimated your resourcefulness, and while I am more than happy to give you the location of the cargo, I would wonder if you would be willing to take care of a little business for me.

"You see, I have a shipment of Coruscanti ale bound for Alderaan, and, because of an unfortunate paperwork incident, the Empire felt the need to store it for me. It just so happens that the ale is being held in the same location as your shipment. If you could perhaps stop long enough to retrieve it for me while you are in the area, I could see to it that you are compensated, say, with 250 credits each? Or, if you can get the ale to Alderaan, I can increase your compensation to 500 credits.

"Would I have your interest, mayhaps?"
    Each thug has a blaster pistol and a vibro-axe. The one guard who didn't fall down a shaft has a blaster pistol, and so does Ganga Lor, along with a datapad.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "750 and some of the booze!" Rheed calls over his shoulder without looking up. He lifts the blaster pistol off of Ganga Lor's body and weighs it in his hand.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Unfortunately, it is not open for barter. The recipient is expecting to receive all of the bottles, and the credits amount to slightly more than the profit I would have made on the deal. I would rather take a small loss if it means avoiding the loss of reputation should the ale not be delivered.

"I would perhaps be willing to part with a bottle from my own private collection, however, if that would be satisfactory to you." Switch draws out a bottle containing a very dark, syrupy liquid. "Some Rodian bleedfruit rum, perhaps?"

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rheed stands up and makes an audible sucking sound. "Bleedfruit Rum? I'm sorry, did you say...Bleedfruit Rum?"

The Rodian slips Ganga Lor's blaster into his holster and tucks his sporting pistol into the back of his pants. Passing by J6 he places 50 credits in his metallic hand and keeps walking towards the desk.

"Here you are Bolts. That's for the bribe. Trunks back there had another 150 on him, I hope nobody minds if I hold onto it for safekeeping."

Stopping at the desk beside Rokk, he lays down a comlink directly in front of the Devaronian.

"That's the Chevin's talkie Sparky. I'm giving it to you because something tells me we're going to need to keep track of you."

Looking up at Switch, Rheed smiles as best a Rodian can and reaches out his hand for the bottle.

"I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I'll be happy to do some legging for you, Mang."

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Excellent. Now, as to the location of your cargo, it is currently being held in one of the storage rooms in the main hangar of Blue Deck." Switch taps at the top of his desk, and an unseen holoprojector brings up an image of the station. "Now, we are currently..." Switch taps at the desk again, and a point of light begins glowing toward the edges of the station, "here. Unfortunately, because of your previous trouble, you will not be able to take the main lift to Blue Deck. However, there is a service elevator leading to a spot near the hangar that you can reach while staying to the outskirts of the station. Just follow this path..." with more tapping, a line begins to draw itself into the image, plotting your way, and ending at another glowing point, "and you can take that lift the rest of the way. Blue Deck makes up the wealthier sections of the station, thus I would urge caution, as there will be several patrols in the area.

"Once you reach the hangar, search for Dock Storage Two. There you will find the crate of ale as well as the cargo you seek: a human frozen in carbonite."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Su-Tada frowns. "A human frozen in carbonite? Who is it?"

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rheed kneels down and unzips his backpack, carefully positioning the bottle of Rum inside. He takes the sporting pistol from his waistband and slips it into the backpack as well.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Unfortunately, I am as in the dark in regards to his identity as you are. I was only contracted for receipt and storage until the appropriate party arrived to collect him. If I were to hazard a guess, however, I would say that most likely he is on the run from someone and had himself frozen to be shipped as cargo. It is a drastic and potentially lethal ploy, but one that would keep one's name off of any passenger manifest. Obviously, this man was desperate to evade capture."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rokk begrudgingly takes the comm-link from Rheed, rolling his eyes a little.

"Maya said this cargo was bound for Senator Organa, right? I remember his name from one of my Galactic Politics classes. He was one of the Delegation of 2000 who urged Palpatine to stop down as ruler once the Clone Wars were almost over. He's usually one of the voices for moderation and in the Senate, sometimes even taking a stance against the Emperor's actions. If I had to guess, this guy in the carbonite isn't a friend of the Empire either. It looks like none of us are going to be recommended for the Imperial Citizen's Medal of Valor anytime soon, so it might be wise to get some help from someone in a position of power. I'm in if you guys are."

With the adrenaline from the fight finally starting to wind down, Rokk pauses, then snaps his head up. "Wait, are you guys really Jedi? I thought you went extinct? Could I, uh, try one of your lightsabers, maybe just cut a crate in half or something?"

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Oh, that seems like a great idea. Let's give Sparky a lightsaber."

Rheed looks over at J6 and the three Jedi.

"So, what'll it be. You in or out?"

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As the Rodian looks away, Rokk mimes pulling out a blaster and shooting the Rodian in the back.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Our meeting on this station, at this time, has been rather... fortuitous. Seven of us fighting the Empire, three of us Jedi, just happen to be in the same place at the same time, just conveniently in a spot to help Maya? I think it would be ignorant to deny that the Force has a hand in this." With that, Su-Tada smirks, slightly. "And far be it for me to fight my own destiny. I'm in."

"Oh, and no one will be playing with my lightsaber."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    J6 nodded as Su-Tada spoke, "I also believe the Force brings us together to this place and this time. I am most certainly at your assistence. I came to this station looking for Jedi, and Jedi I have found."

He turned to the rest of his new comrades, cupped his hands in front of him, and bowed slightly to them "Formal introductions are in order, I think. J6-N2, independant medical droid and scholar of the ways of the universe, at your service."

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rokk stands up from the chair, facing the entire group. "I'm Rokk Fiasco, recently dropped out of Cormond Planetary University, an almost graduate of its prestigious Mechanical Engineering Program. More recently, I've made the spur of the moment choice to save a random woman from Imperial stormtroopers, probably earning myself a death sentence. Not sure if either of those choices were healthy for my long-term career goals."

Rokk grins.

"I'm sure my parents would be proud."

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Alot of people would be proud of what we did." Torn said, making eye contact with Su Tada, and nodding. "But don't expect people to find out. The empire tends to keep these things battoned down." The group was set, and everyone seemed like they had the same goal in mind. Su Tada was right, the Force had drawn them all together. "My name is Torn Daal. I was in training to become a Jedi before... Before I was on the run." He didn't want to think of his Master. He needed to keep a positive mind set.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai turns to the group, "I'm in, any enemy of the empire is a friend of mine."

"Pleasure to meet you all, you may call me Mnaomai Arma, and yes the force is my ally as well. The fact that there are three Jedi in fellowship leads me to believe that destiny has brought us together. So how do we get off this station?"

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "I do not have the means to transport you off station, but I would assume your companion... Maya, was it? I would be surprised if she did not have the means to take the cargo to its intended destination."

Switch taps once again at his desk, and a data crystal pops out. The droid hands it to Rokk. "Here. These are the directions, should you wish to view them later. Beyond that, unless there are any further questions, our business appears to be concluded.

"Good luck, gentlemen. I look forward to continuing our business relationship in the future."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai bows in respect, "Thank you and take care." He looks to Rokk, "Shall we?"

Vathris on