As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] SW:SE Dawn of Defiance - Group 1

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    J6 interjected "We should expect an Imperial presence. Maya has attracted the wrong sort of attention, so chances are they could be laying in wait for her or those assisting her to pick up the cargo she's looking for."

He looks over to Su-Tada "I feel I should disclaim a fact: As a medical droid my programming prevents me from harming living beings. I could try to find an interpretation of greater non-injury of life to try to work around this reality, but as a matter of religious belief I choose not to. I hope this is acceptable? I do wish to help you, but I will wield no blaster or raise a hand in violence."

His optical band glimmers faintly at Su-Tada's bandages, which the droid himself applied earlier "You know quite well I can still be useful."

Pony on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Whatever Father. Whether you believe in it or not, you can absorb blaster fire as well as anyone else. Sparky, why don't you take the front. I'll take the rear guard. You Magiks stay between us and keep your can openers close at hand."

Rheed glances around at each of them.

"Let's get moving."

Jester313 on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Following Switch's directions, you wind your way back towards the center of the station. Encountering no trouble on the way, you finally arrive at the service elevator which opens accomodatingly as you draw near. It is a tight fit, but everyone manages to fit inside, and Rokk presses a button on the control panel:

Blue Deck.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As the turbolift doors slide open and you step out onto Blue Deck, it is like entering a wholly different space station. The floors are polished and possess a metallic sheen, and the massive windows along one wall grant the most magnificent view of Brentaal available on the station. Maintenance and service droids flit about from one place to the next, keeping everything clean and ordered.

Moving about the halls of Blue Deck are large numbers of Humans, most of them wealthy by all appearances. They pay little attention to the few aliens found in the area, except, perhaps, to sneer as they pass.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Not wanting to alarm the locals, Rheed rotates his shoulder strap, moving the carbine close to his left hip, opposite the blaster pistol.

"Keep it close, Mang. Lets not ruffle any finery."

Jester313 on
  • Options
    VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "Hmmm, I agree that we shouldn't draw attention but I sense something out of place."

Mnaomai bows his head and searches his feelings.
    1d20 +7 → [12,7] = (19) - UTF: To search your feelings if approaching the
    suspicious-looking agent
    would have a positive or negative effect.

Vathris on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Still in the lead, Rokk hears Mnaomai's comment and attempts to take a closer look at the area around him.

"So, Manaomai, is that an 'I've got a bad feeling about this' or 'The mystical energy field that surrounds me tells me something is looking to kill us'?" he mutters to the Jedi behind him.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    J6 looked around the area, and he spotted someone.

A familiar face. One of the men from before, one of the men following Maya who is undoubtedly in the employ of the Empire. This man didn't fight, even when the Imperials showed up. The medical droid made the assumption then that this man is a coward, a spy and an informant who will flee at the slightest hint of danger.

Deciding not to inform his comrades lest the man flee when he realizes the danger in front of him, J6 quietly moved away from his comrades and into the crowd. He made no real effort to be stealthy beyond walking outside the man's peripheral vision, since the noise and bustle of the crowd concealed the movements of even a strangely dressed droid.

Approaching the man from behind, J6 withdrew a sonic welder from an abdomen compartment and pressed it firmly against the man's spine. The mechanical nature of the droid's arm and the closeness of his stance to the man would conceal the tool from any but the most careful observers.

He leaned in close to the man's shoulder, and spoke softly and quietly, with a swift patter to his words so the man could not exclaim or turn until the droid had his say.
    "Do not move or speak. Pointed at your L5 vertebrae is a sonic welder. The concentrated soundwaves are designed to bond metallic molecules together via high-frequency vibration. As a medical droid, I can inform you with an educated knowledge of your species' physiology that at this distance and at the location I have it against, if this tool is activated the results will not be fatal. They will, however, be horrifically painful and will leave you crippled for life, and at the mercy of my nearby companions."

He moved closer, placing his hand on the man's arm to prevent him from turning, as he continued.

"I can also inform you that it has been some time since my last memory wipe. I have developed... alternative ways of thinking and it would be unwise to rely upon my merciful programming to save you from this end. All that can save you is your compliance and information I believe you possess. Do you comprehend?"
    Persuasion check to Intimidate: 20

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The man stands shocked for a moment in speechless terror. Gathering his senses a moment later, he starts talking, his voice shaking in fear, "Who are you? Please! Please, don't hurt me! I'll do whatever you want! Here, I've got some credits. Take them!" He starts fishing around in his pockets.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    J6 gripped the man's shoulder a little firmer, and adjusted the welder's setting with an audible click that the man could undoubtedly hear.

"I do not want your credits. I want information. I am looking for a piece of cargo in the main docking bay. It is large, unwieldy. It would've attracted attention to a sneaky womprat like you. I need to know if anyone else is in the main docking bay, in particular Imperial forces. Who, and how many. Tell me what I need to know, and you may yet escape this encounter uninjured."

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Fan out," Rheed whispers to his comrades. "Cover the Preacherbot and make sure to give him plenty of room to do whatever it is he is doing."

With that Rheed steps away from the rest of the group and casually walks down the hall at a slow pace. He makes no eye-contact with J6, or his captive, and moves past him. He gets about 12 feet away and slows his pace and comes to a stop, peering out the window towards the planet.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Cargo? Uh... yeah! There's this crate of ale the Imperials confiscated! Is that what you're looking for?" Sweat starts to bead down the man's brow. "Should be unguarded; no reason to send troops to watch a box of booze."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    J6's vocabulator slit dimmed as he spoke, his voice growing quieter and harder.

"You are perspiring. I can feel your heartbeat accelerating with a 0.002% irregularity. You are lying to me. Not only do you know that is not the cargo I am looking for, you are lying about the guards as well. I am very good at detecting lies, you see. I can detect even the tiniest minutiae in your biological patterns. Do not lie to me again."

The medical droid moved the sonic welder up slightly, at an angle.

"With the movement I have made, this device will cause the bone matter of the rear part of your ribcage to fuse, at the molecular level, with your lungs. Did you know I am also trained in recognizing psychological profiles? You are a spy and an informant. The nature of your job leaves you unattached, and without real family. You have no true social connections to others. Do you comprehend the reality of your circumstance? You will not be missed. Not even by the men you work for. I will leave your body here, and walk away. Imperial forces will investigate, of course, but your body will be dumped into a nearby garbage compactor and you will cease to exist beyond a notation on an Imperial investigator's file. The Galaxy will move on without you."

J6 leaned even closer, his head practically on the man's shoulder and against his ear. Undoubtedly, he could see the faint blue glimmer of the droid's optical band and vocabulator slit in the corner of his eye.

"How many guards are there, and who are they? Do not lie to me again."

With that, he leans back and looks over to his companions, summoning them over with a quiet nod of his head in his direction.

"You have until they get here to tell me the truth."

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rheed kept his distance after the droid gave his head nod. From his vantage point he could see most of the walkway, and wanted to make sure no one snuck up on his companions.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Okay, okay! Just don't hurt me! Look, the cargo you're looking for, the frozen guy, he's still in the main hangar, but there is a detachment heading there now to get him ready for transport off-station. I don't know exact numbers, but you're probably looking at four, maybe six stormtroopers, led by an officer. They'll also bring in something to tow the guy; he's pretty heavy when embedded in solid carbonite. I'd expect a repulsor sled, one of those ones with the blaster cannons.

"Look, that's all I know, I swear!"
    He is referring to an Aratech 64-Y Swift 3 Repulsor Sled, a pretty standard Imperial vehicle armed with essentially a heavy repeating blaster. It's essentially a slower, more heavily armed speeder bike.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai gives space to the droid, he rests near Rokk, "Don’t worry danger is not at hand, rather on the horizon. I'll leave the discovery of the specifics to our droid friend. By the look of things, he seems to be quite efficient."

With that, Mnaomai focuses on the droid, waiting to make eye contact.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    J6 releases his grip on the man's arm, and takes away the sonic welder, returning it to the abdominal compartment he had drawn it from.

"Get out of here, and go home. Think about your life. Adjust your priorities. Eventually, the path you are walking will lead to an ignoble death for foolish reasons. Time to change paths, yes? If you attempt to contact the Imperial authorities, I will know, and what I will visit upon you will make you wish for death."

He gives the man a soft shove in the shoulder as he walks away from him, waving his comrades over so he can share what has learned.

Dismissively, he also looks back over his shoulder to the informant.

"May the Force be with you" he says, with a flippant tone. He does not look back to see if the man flees or not.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mnaomai approached the droid, "I have a feeling you have ill news."

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rokk also begins walking toward J6. He offers a low whistle, then says, "Wow, for a droid who preaches nonviolence, remind me not to get on your violent side."

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Su-Tada joins the others with the droid. "So, what now?"

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    J6 spoke as his team-mates assembled around him "The cargo is guarded. Approximately four to six stormtroopers, plus an officer. Additionally, there is a heavy repeating blaster mounted on a repulsor sled, which is moving the man we are trying to save in his carbonite block."

He looked to Su-Tada "I am not a tactician. I am unsure how we should best approach this situation. We do not have the element of surprise, other than they might not expect we know they are there. We need a plan, and I defer to your experience, sir."

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Su-Tada, the use of the force seems quite necessary in this instance. With so much firepower, we better be at our best health. J6 would you please help me tend to my wounds, I have never been adept at such things." Mnaomai pulls out his medpack and offers it to J6.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Alright," Rheed begins, "I think Bigtop and Wheezy should take care of the repulsor sled. Between their magic and their sparklers they should be able to take possession of our cargo. Mystery Man and Peacebot should get to the officer as fast as possible, make sure he can't sound any alert or give the helmet heads any orders. Sparky will take out the troopers and lend cover while I find the crate of ale. We don't want to make Switch angry."

He thinks for a second.

"Try not to cripple the sled, we might need it to get the carbonite out of there. What do we think? Sound like a plan?"

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Suggestion… reverse two roles, send me to take care of the sled, I haven't used the force against a life form in quite some time, at my current state, I don't think my powers are up to par, 'Bigtop and Wheezy' may be better suited to deal with the troopers. The droid could assist me & take the offensive against the sled without harming a sentient life form."

Do you, object to my amendment?

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Fine. Make sure that heavy blaster doesn't find any of our boys in its sights."

Rheed looks at J6.

"We might have some surprise. So don't go in there clanging your bells and whistles. Stay quiet."

The Rodian looks around at the group, "Everyone on board?"

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Su-Tada arches one of his eyebrows. "Bigtop?"

"In any case, I am almost certainly not the most experienced combatant here. I think you place too much confidence in the abilities of a mere padawan, J6, but I appreciate the confidence. Reed's plan sounds like a sound one, though, like most plans, it will probably go out the window within the first few seconds of the battle."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Resolute and with a basic plan of action, the group of you make your way to the main hangar where the frozen man awaits.

As well as Switch's ale, of course.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The massive hangar smells of exhaust fumes and spilled coolant and appears to have seen quite a bit of activity recently. Cates stand stacked up throughout the hangar, waiting for whatever shuttle is to transport them down to the surface. Three doors lead off the left side of the room; the bottom two are close together, and the top door leads to a control room with a transparent window overlooking the hangar itself.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Here's the map. You guys will start in the blue area.

Stealth and Initiative please.
    SelZonnMainHangar2.jpg

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Entering from the southern blast door, you immediately spot four stormtroopers and an officer standing guard as a fifth stormtrooper starts piloting a repulsor sled out of one of the storage rooms. Trying to use the nearby crates as cover, you are unfortunately spotted by the nearest stormtrooper.

"It's the terrorists! Blast them!"
    Stormtroopers roll Perception: 1d20+8=28, success!
    Officer rolls Perception: 1d20+7=17, success!
    Repulsor Sled rolls Perception: 1d20+8=24, success!

Initiative:
    Stormtroopers: 1d20+1=6, 11, 10, 19
    Imperial Officer: 1d20+1=3
    Repulsor Sled: 1d20+10=16

Stormtroopers are 1 & 2 on the left (top & bottom) and 3 & 4 on the right (top & bottom).

Su-Tada (28)
    J6-N2 (24)
    Rheed Beespo (19)
    Stormtrooper 4 (dead)
    Repulsor Sled (unconscious)
    Torn Dall (14)
    Stormtrooper 2 (11)
    Stormtrooper 3 (unconscious)
    Mnaomai Arma (7)
    Rock Fiasco (6)
    Stormtrooper 1 (unconscious)
    Imperial Officer (dead)

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Shit" Su-Tada says out loud as the Stormtrooper announces there presence. Rushing towards the officer and troopers to his right as the familiar "fzzzzzz-kzzzzzzzk" sound of his lightsaber igniting perks up his ears, he reaches out towards the Force, and hurls a cargo crate at the closest Stormtrooper, hoping to keep him and his companions too distracted with the impending Jedi threat to be able to attack his friends.
    Swift action = Ignite Lightsaber.
    Move action = Move two squares east, and two squares northeast (I'm assuming since I have initiative, I can choose whatever square I want to be in, which would be the northeasternmost square of the block).
    Standard action = Use the Force check to hurl a box at the Stormtrooper. (1d20+7=16)
    Damage roll for box hurled at Stormtrooper. (2d6=4)
    Force Point spent on Move Object check. (2d6=9)

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    J6 pauses for a moment, choosing to wait until he has a more clear course of action before acting.
    Delay.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Damn magicks, Rheed thought to himself, already throwing around crates.

“Don’t toss my ale!” he yelled to no one in particular, as he lifted his trusty carbine up to shoulder. He took aim at the Imperial Officer, who seemed to be rooted in place by the sudden attack on the hangar. The room seemed to slow down, if only for an instant, and when Rheed pulled the trigger a blaster bolt singed the air as it struck across the room.
    Free Action -- Yell
    2 Swift -- Aim at Imperial Officer
    Standard -- Fire at Imperial Officer, Use force point = 11 Damage from carbine = 12

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    One of the stormtroopers, drawn to the sight of an ignited lightsaber, levels his rifle at Su-Tada, but before he can get a shot off, a plasteel crate slams into him, crushing him beneath its weight.

The officer, still oblivious to exactly what is going on, doesn't have time to dodge Rheed's attack and winces in pain as the plasma catches him in the arm.

Out of the second cargo room, the repulsor sled floats into the room, towing your quarry: the man frozen in carbonite. Slowed down by the weight of the cargo, the pilot detaches the tow line from the sled. He presses the controls and you hear the distinctive whine of the repeating blaster powering up.
    Su-Tada hits Stormtrooper 4, damage exceeds threshold, dies.
    Rheed Beespo hits Imperial Officer, damage exceeds threshold, -1 condition step.
    Repulsor Sled moves five east, one north (move), detaches cargo (move), switches repeating blaster to autofire (swift).

Torn Dall is up.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Torn Dall rushes forward to the repulsor sled, igniting his lightsaber. "Get that officer! I've got these guys!" Slashing at the pilot of the repulsor sled, the tip of Torn's lightsaber cuts across the stormtrooper's chest, and he passes out from the pain.
    Torn Dall activates lightsaber (swift), moves one square west, five squares north, attacks Repulsor Sled (pilot), 1d20+1=15, Force point, +1d6=21, hits! Damage 2d8+2=11, unconscious.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    On the left side of the hangar, one of the stormtroopers near the sled retreats back into the cargo room to take some cover from the nearby Jedi-- and his lightsaber-- and, off-balance, fires a quick shot which is easily deflected by the Kel Dor.

The last stormtropper on the right, nearly missed by the flying crate that smashed his compatriot, takes quick aim at Su-Tada and fires right at his chest.
    Stormtrooper 2 moves one north, three west, one south (move), attacks Torn Dall: 1d20+2=14, miss!
    Stormtropper 3 aims at Su-Tada, attacks: 1d20+2=20, hit! Damage 3d8=16, -1 condition step.

Deflect roll from Su-Tada, please. Mnaomai is up, Rokk is on deck.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Focused on throwing the crate, Su-Tada doesn't see the incoming attack until the last moment, and he practically has to slam his lightsaber into the blast to deflect it, pulling his shoulder in the process. Even so, the shot catches across the top of his shoulder, and pain shoots down his arm.
    Su-Tada deflects Stormtrooper 3's attack: 1d20+7=10, failure!

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "Well there goes the plan." Mnaomai ignites his blade as he begins his font on the imperial officer.
    Swift - Ignite lightsaber
    Move - Three east, three north
    Standard - Defensive stance

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Seeing Su-Tada take the blaster bolt to the shoulder, Rokk winces and raises his blaster pistol. He hesitates for a moment, the pistol's barrel wavering between the stormtrooper who shot the Cerean and the officer who remains standing.

Hope the wrinkly-faced guy knows what he's doing, Rokk thinks as he levels the pistol at the officer and fires.

Aim: 2 swift
    Attack: 1 standard
    Attack vs officer (1d20 3=13, 3d6=13)
    FP for attack (1d6=6)
    Attack (with Force Point)=19

I'm assuming that Rokk is at the extreme southeast tip of the blue area.

mightyspacepope on