As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] SW:SE Dawn of Defiance - Group 1

• Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Th officer, finally keying into what is going on around him, tries frantically to pull out his comlink to call for reinforcements, but in his haste he does not see Rokk's attack and is gunned down where he stands.

The final stormtrooper, moving to keep the repulsor sled between himself and the Jedi, takes a shot at Torn Dall, but the sled impedes the stormtrooper's attack as much as it would Torn, and the shot misses.
    Rokk Fiasco hits Imperial Officer, damage exceeds threshold, dies.
    Stormtrooper moves one north, four east, attacks Torn Dall: 1d20+2=17, miss!

Back to the top of the round. Su-Tada is up, J6 is on deck.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    One brain cursing his luck, the other maintaining concentration on the crate he used against the first Stormtrooper, Su-Tada moves forward, and hurls the crate at the Stormtrooper's compatriot.
    Move action=Move three squares northeast.
    Standard action=Hurling the crate at a second Stormtrooper. (1d20+7=18)
    Damage from the crate on the second Stormtrooper. (2d6=10)
    Whoops, sorry, forgot the condition track, that should only be a +6 on the UTF check.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The stormtrooper on the right, knowing the odds are quickly turning against him, tries to take another shot at the Cerean, but before he can, the bloodied crate slams into him, knocking him unconscious.
    Su-Tada hits Stormtrooper 3, unconscious.

J6, go.

New map:
    2cghidv.jpg

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    J6-N2, seeing Su-Tada in considerable pain, utters words of encouragement, bolstering the Cerean's resolve. Then the droid moves to take advantage of the nearby cover.
    J6-N2 uses Bolster Ally on Su-Tada (standard): +1 condition step, +1 bonus hp; moves one east, three north (move).

Rheed Beespo is up.

delroland on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rheed presses his body against the huge crate in front of him and slinks around it, hoping to use the cover to evade whoever was on the other side. As he sidles up to Mnaomai another Stormtrooper comes into view. Smiling as best a Rodian can at the good fortune of finding another target, Rheed levels his carbine at the clone and pulls the trigger. No sooner than the shot leaves the barrel Rheed yells “Somebody call Maya and get us an evac!”
    Move: 3 squares NE, one square left of Mnoamai.
    Standard: Fire at Stormtrooper. Use a force point. = 14 Damage = 19
    Swift: Yell at whoever has the commlink to Maya.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The stormtrooper catches sight of Rheed just as he fires his carbine, and the Imperial dodges just enough that the blast grazes over the top of his armored shoulderpad, leaving a black score mark but doing no real damage.
    Rheed misses Stormtrooper 1.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Torn Dall, seeing his opponent distracted by Rheed's attack, quickly tumbles over the carbonite slab and around the sled, slashing out with his lightsaber. The blade homes in on the same shoulder scored by the blaster fire and cuts several inches deep before the stormtrooper recoils in agony, passing out from the pain.
    Torn Dall moves 3 north, 2 east (move), attacks Stormtrooper 1: 1d20+1=18, hit! Damage 2d8+2=9, unconscious.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Cornered and with no way out or means of contacting reinforcements, the last remaining stormtrooper falls back on his indoctrination and training and takes one final shot at the treacherous Jedi before him, catching the Kel Dor full-force in the rear of his left leg.
    Stormtrooper 1 aims at Torn Dall (move); attacks: 1d20+2=20, hit! Damage 3d8=20, -1 condition step.
    Torn Dall uses Deflect (immediate): 1d20+4=8, failure.

Mnaomai is up.

delroland on
  • Options
    VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    As blaster bolts volley over Mnaomai's shoulder, his target drops before him. Mnaomai turns to the final stormtrooper with his blade defensively at his side, he positions himself directly in between the Rodian and the overwhelmed enemy, in hopes to deflect any projectile aimed at the scout.

As Mnaomai shuffles towards the trooper he calmly mutters, "Take your shot Rheed."

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rheed turns his snout towards the mysterious Jedi, "How do you know my name?"
    Free Action: Dialogue

Jester313 on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    After dropping the officer, Rokk lowers his weapon and yells to be heard over the noise of blasters firing. He does his best to imitate the officer's voice.

"Trooper, stand down. We're no good to the Empire dead. Weapon on the ground and kick it out to where the terrorist scum can see it. Better to live and fight another day."

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Deciding he would resolve the issue of his identity later and dubious that Sparky would fool anyone with his impression, Rheed crept around the large crate to his left. As the repulsor sled appeared Rheed leveled his weapon. As he realized is posed no threat he decided to use it for cover, and edged to the front of the vehicle. Bringing his blaster carbine to his shoulder he fired a quick shot into the room where the last Stormtrooper was cowering.

“I better not hit the ale” he said as the blast erupted in sparks against the back wall.
    MOVE: Two north. Two northwest.
    STANDARD : Shoot at trooper (with Force Point)=16; Damage=15

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Torn Dall turns to the last remaining stormtrooper, visions of his master being shot down before him playing in his mind, and he rushes towards the cargo room, surging with Force enhanced speed and with lightsaber flying forward with deadly accuracy, slicing the trooper's torso neatly from his legs.
    Torn Dall activates Surge (swift): 1d20+3=19, +2 movement, +10 Jump; moves 3 west, 3 south, 2 west (move); activates Battlestrike (free): 1d20+3=11, Force point: +1d6=17, +2 to hit, +2d6 damage; attacks Stormtrooper 2: 1d20+1=18, hit! Damage 2d8+2d6+2=17, damage exceeds threshold, dies.

End of combat (for now).

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "Nice job Wheezy. Now someone get a hold of Maya and lets get out of here." Rheed yelled as he jogged into the room where the last Stormtrooper had made his ill-fated stand. He searched the crates, looking for the ale.
    Do I need to roll for perception, or will I find it by taking ten?

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rokk takes out his personal comm-link and keys it to the frequency listed on Maya's datapad. "Maya," he said, then paused for a second. There had to be a cool secret-agent way of doing this. Furthermore, someone could be monitoring their communication link. "The, ummm, package...? The package is secure."

Turning to his companions, Rokk shrugs and awaits a response.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "This is Captain O'Keefe of the Banshee; we read you. We are on our way.

"We've picked up some comm traffic coming from the station. It seems you may have some company inbound. Try to hold them off. We are one minute out."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Right behind the fallen Stormtrooper Rheed spots a crate with the words “CONTRABAND” and “Coruscanti Ale” stamped on it. With a smile he heaves it up and takes it out of the room, placing it down near the carbonite block.

“You heard it Sparky. Grab your blaster and praise your master. We’ve got incoming.” Rheed switches his carbine to autofire and presses himself against the doorway of the room he just hauled the ale from. Grinning as best a Rodian can, he takes a cigar from his bandolier and puts it in his mouth without lighting it, waiting for more helmet heads or the cavalry. Whichever came first.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Mnaomai stands slightly behind the Rodian with his blade readied.

"I am impressed; I see why certain people have you in their sights. It seems that we have at least that in common." Mnaomai says with a grin. “I’ll keep your name safe.”

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Taking charge, Su-Tada begins handing out orders: "Someone who's got some experience with slicing should get on that control panel for the door, see if you can do anything to keep out the stormtroopers, or at least slow them down. J6, come with me; we're going up to that control room, since I have a feeling a droid is going to have more of a way with the computers up there than I am, and you're a non-combatant. I'll get you in, you'll have to take care of the rest. The rest of you, set up some cover for yourselves to shoot from behind, and see about getting some things in front of the doors to slow them down even more. It'd be nice if we could get out of here without having to kill anything else, but that doesn't seem to be what the universe has in mind for us today."

With that, Su-Tada begins very quickly heading towards the control room, checking behind him to make sure J6 is following.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "I'll see what I can do about the door," Rokk says as he walks over to the control panel. He uses the various instruments in his tool kit to carefully open the access panel and explore how it works.

Hmm... If I can override the controls to respond only my signal, then we'd be able to keep any approaching stormies off our backs. Then, if the cavalry arrives, we could open the door and attack the stormies from both sides. Let's see what I can do.
    Basically, Rokk is trying to reprogram the door to respond to a signal from his datapad. Here are rolls for Mechanics and Use Computer, to be used as applicable.

Use Computer (1d20 8=20)
    Mechanics (1d20 8=22)

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    As everyone around him scattered off chasing butterflies, Rheed struck a match against his leg and brought it to the cigar. Sucking it in deeply, his antennae straightened a little, then relaxed. He took long, slow breaths as the smoke swirled around his head, and his left hand kept the carbine trained on the door Rokk was working on.

"Hey Sparky." He called, "If that door opens, maybe you can stick your foot out and trip one or two of the bad guys for us." The smoke continued to swirl. Secretly Rheed hoped Maya would show up before any more Imperials. Though he did hope to shoot his gun a few more times today.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Just as Rokk finishes slicing the door, a green light flashes on the control panel, indicating someone trying to open it from the other side. The blast door slides up a couple centimeters before grinding to a stop. On the other side you can see the very bottoms of several pairs of white armored boots.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "Uhh... We're about to have company!" Rokk yells as he disconnects the datapad from the terminal and dashes to the nearest cover. He holds his datapad in one hand as he slips his blaster from the holster.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "No time Su-Tada, our 'friends' are already here. " Mnaomai shouts.

"Well Rodian, it seems that you will get your fill of action today. I'll try to grab their attention while you pick them off.."

Mnaomai readies his weapon and maneuvers himself for an opening charge.

There's no way I can take more than two troopers in my state, I hope today is not my day to die.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rokk takes a second to drop his blaster and grab his comm-link. "O'Keefe, be advised that enemies are at our location. There are..."

He pauses to try to count the number of white armored-boots behind the door, but the limited visibility along with constant movement made it difficult.

"...an indeterminate number of stormtroopers. We have managed to temporarily deny them access to our location. If your forces approach, we can attack their flank. Confirm with me when you are nearing our location. Rokk out."
    Teehee. "Rokk out."

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "You know, he did say captain O'Keefe. It's possible he's planning on coming in through the other door."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Taking a slow drag from the cigar Rheed keeps his carbine trained on the blast door.

In a slow exhale the smoke swirls as Rheed mutters "longest minute I've ever heard of."

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    With a sound of compressed air being released, the blast door slides up another twenty centimeters, and you see the stormtroopers' booted feet shift around in preparation to assault the hangar.

Just then, you spot a Baudo-class Star Yacht on approach to the hangar. The comlink barks out, "Clear the deck, we are incoming!" Zooming towards you at top speed, the Banshee barely has time to slow down before its landing struts slam onto the deckplates of the hangar. A boarding ramp lowers, and you see a bandaged Maya hobble down it, blaster in hand. "You guys need a lift?"

delroland on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rokk grins as the ship skids across the floor of the hangar. Not having to be told twice, he leaps into action and dashes from his cover to the ship's ramp. He takes a glance at Maya and says, "Nothing in my life has looked as beautiful as you and this ship do at the moment. Thank you."

He trains his gun at the jammed door, ready to provide cover fire in case his companions don't make it to the ship before it opens.

"Hey, you merry band of fugitives, let's get the hell out of here, eh?" he yells across the hangar. He whispers to Maya, his mood light and relieved, "Mind if we leave the Rodian here? Frankly, he worries me."

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Su-Tada shouts "quick, we need to get the person in the carbonite on-board." He moves to help load him up.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    With the arrival of their exit strategy, Rheed takes another long drag and lets the smoke swirl around him. Bending down he grasps the crate of ale and hoists it to his shoulder. He casually crosses behind the carbonite block and heads up the ramp of the Banshee. As he passes Maya he gives a nod.

"Thanks for the lift. Just a thought. We might want to leave the Devaronian. He's a liability. But handy with doors."

Without a pause Rheed continues up the ramp.

"Nice boat." he says to no one in particular.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    As you get the carbonite man up the ramp and into the ship, the blast door scrapes up another half meter. With the cargo loaded, the last of you rush onto the ship. One of the stormtroopers drops to his belly and fires under the door, but the bolt is harmlessly absorbed by the armored hull of the Banshee. The ramp retracts fully, and the ship's engines whine loudly as they are powered up to full.

The yacht lifts off the deck just as the blast doors fly fully open, and a dozen stormtroopers pour into the hangar, opening fire on the ship. Two or three shots place score marks on the hull before the shields come up, and the rest of the troopers' fire is deflected harmlessly. Blasting at full speed out of the hangar, the Banshee easily clears the station, and the defense turrets, their gunners caught by surprise, fail to get a single shot off before the ship clears Brentaal's gravity well and rockets into hyperspace.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Putting away his lightsaber, Su-Tada takes a seat wherever he can find one. "Whew. That was close." Turning towards his rescuers, he introduces himself. "Well, given that we're all in it pretty deep on this one, I suppose the pseudonyms can go out the window. My name is Su-Tada, and my less-verbose companion is Torn Dall. We've been fleeing the Empire since the mass assassination of the Jedi. It's good to finally get a chance to hit back. So, Maya, Captain, who, exactly, is this guy, and where are we taking him?"

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Maya looks at Su-Tada with a look of confusion for a moment. "Oh! No, I'm not the captain. No, Sirona is the captain; she's probably up in the cockpit right now.

"As for our frozen friend, I don't know him personally, but I've been told he's one of Senator Organa's eyes-and-ears. We're taking him back to Alderaan, as he apparently has information too important to be sent through the normal channels. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Su-Tada shrugs. "Oh, well. I suppose we'll find out soon enough, eh? Thank you for the ride, in any case, Maya." With that, he turns towards the rest of the group. "So, the rest of you know our story, and I've already talked to Rokk," nodding towards the Devaronian, he briefly interjects "nice work with the door back there, by the way." Turning back towards the group, he continues "what were the rest of you doing on the station, and why decide to join up with a bunch of people shooting up stormtroopers?" Mnaomai gets the feeling, given that Su-Tada is looking directly at him, that the question may be directed in his particular direction.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Sitting on the crate of ale in the cargo hold, Rheed takes another slow drag of his cigar while he takes in Su-Tada's patter. Rheed didn't speak up, since he had no answers to the questions, and even if he did he wouldn't respond. He didn't particularly like what he had gotten himself involved in, although it did offer him ample opportunity to shoot things, which was nice.

As the smoke curled around his head, he waited to see which of his ad-hoc compatriots would take the Cerean's bait.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Since he'd already made his introduction to the group, and since the Rodian's cigar smoking made him even more pungent than usual, Rokk decides to wander around the ship a little bit, hoping to examine some of the technology onboard and eventually make his way to the cockpit to meet the captain.
    Perception (1d20 4=22)
    Perception check if needed

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    He is quick to probe for information, he follows his training well.

First off, thank you Maya for the lift, it seems that we are taking turns saving each other.

To answer your question Su-Tasa, that station was a temporary haven for me; the empire has been trying to track me down for quite some time.” Mnaomai makes eye contact with the Rodan, “It seems that they found more than they bargained for.

Mnaomai takes a deep sigh as he rotates his sholder, “My body aches, I need to rest.” Mnaomai attempts to hide is pain as he makes his way to the cockpit. “But first I must speak to the captain.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    As if on cue, an attractive middle-aged woman steps into the ship's lobby. "Greetings, I am Sirona O'Keefe, captain of the Banshee. Welcome aboard; I trust your stay on Sel Zonn Station was enjoyable?"

Maya groans at the captain's attempt at humor, and O'Keefe lets slip a grin before continuing, "I assume you all are wondering where we are headed. Well, it seems that you have garnered the attention of Senator Organa, who wishes to meet you personally on Alderaan. We are on course now, and my pilot has indicated that there is no sign we are being pursued.

"If everything goes according to schedule, we should be landing in just under twelve hours, so feel free to get some food and rest. We are pretty well outfitted here, so feel free to use the facilities to freshen up as well. Beyond that, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have."

The captain pauses, giving you a moment to respond.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Rokk chuckles at the captain's joke. "Yeah, I think I know where I'm going on vacation next year."

"I do have three questions," he says, extending three fingers. He began ticking them off one by one as he spoke. "One: Where is the food? Two: Who's the guy frozen in the coffee table? And three: Where's the refresher?"

mightyspacepope on