As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 12/28/07

• Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for posting my Ross rant on here...I tend to forget what board I'm posting on sometimes since I don't post on forums often. Anyways, I only buy books every two weeks roughly so my favorite weekly moments are different than others. My favorite moment from my last batch of books I bought was just the entirety of Green Lantern 25. Just 50 pages of FUCKIN' AWESOME. I wish that Prime and Anti-Monitor would have done more damage though....maybe taken out some big names or finally gotten rid of Guy Gardner.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    this Newsarama poll

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=141208

there is also a youtube video of a guy wiping his ass with it

Algertman on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I dont think anyone is surprised by the reaction, least of all JoeQ

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Green Lantern
    The Lost Lanterns killing Amon Sur in cold blood.
    Kyle
    The dude killed their homeboy's family and then laughed in their face, that is def not in cold blood.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Green Lantern
    The Lost Lanterns killing Amon Sur in cold blood.
    Kyle
    The dude killed their homeboy's family and then laughed in their face, that is def not in cold blood.
    Amon surrender and was willing giving himself up to 'authorities'. Her killing him was the equivilent of Batman killing hte Joker for what he did to Jason Todd or Barbara or so on. She took the law into her own hands and murdered him, which is what I think kyle meant when he said in coldblood.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My second place moment of the week. *Me reacting to catching up on 5 issues of Countdown* 'Awww man they killed the Trickster!!!?!" My roommate without missing a beat says, "Who the fuck is the Trickster??"

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Gage is great, if he became the regular writer I would pick it up again

I've really enjoyed the Director of Shield stuff. The annual was really good but the general story has been enjoyable as well. The thing I like about it is nobody is all up in Starks face yelling at him. Also he isn't acting like a couple dick all the time.

Basically:
    The Mandarin is back and cause all kinds of grief for Tony.

From what I read in the WWH tie ins and skimming through them since he became director of SHIELD, I like it for that reason as well. People aren't yelling at him like he just took their car keys away for breaking curfew. Of course, he's still being fucked over. But unresolved shit from CW has nothing to do with it.
    BTW, Kooning? Best last name for a black character ever.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So does anyone know how to explain the end of Teen Titans?
    Tim does like a total 360 walking into the batcave at the end and is working with Luthor and Megan (who is now also evil?) WTF? That didn't make any sense at all :(. Also, who was the black haired chick in the cloning vats? One was obviously Bart and the other Connor, but the chick? I didn't have any idea.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Drakeon wrote: »
    Tim does like a total 360 walking into the batcave at the end and is working with Luthor and Megan (who is now also evil?) WTF? That didn't make any sense at all :(. Also, who was the black haired chick in the cloning vats? One was obviously Bart and the other Connor, but the chick? I didn't have any idea.
    The Titans, apparently thanks to Miss Martain, are caught in a time loop dealie. As for the chick in the tank, we don't know.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ah the time loop....I thought that was just a Flash villain trap. What with it being used on Zoom and that kid in the green suit from the last arc in Fastest Man Alive....sorry I forgot his name.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    my moments of the week come from avengers initiative and an advance copy of annihilation: conquest #3

Avengers spoiler:
    Stepped on by giant jailbait. I know guys who'd pay to die like this...

Annihilation spoiler
    i'm gonna miss gabe :(

green lantern and next week's thunderbolts were great as well

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    The Titans, apparently thanks to Miss Martain, are caught in a time loop dealie. As for the chick in the tank, we don't know.
    The entire issue was a clusterfuck if you ask me. People just randomly start fading away. After trying to convince everyone they randomly decide to start killing non essential Titans. Everything just stopped making sense.

However, in regards to the ending, I assume it just shows that the future Titans changed the future, but most likely for the worse. It seems future Martian Girl managed to get to our MG when she entered her mind and caused her to go all white-martian last issue. She apparently acts all nice for 10 years or so and seduces / mind controls Tim to join her cause. Seems Tim is not taking any chances this time and is cloning everyone instead of just Conner and Bart, most likely to keep them all under direct control, but I could be wrong on that one.

As for who the two black haired girls are, maybe Batgirl for one of them. THe one on the right has a lot of glare on her hair and it could actually be white hair like Ravager, but I'm not really sure on either of them.

KVW on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

I think it means that
    all the "titans army are clones", and the girl with the brown hair is probably
    Cassie.

edit: or what he said ^

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    As for who the two black haired girls are, maybe Batgirl for one of them. THe one on the right has a lot of glare on her hair and it could actually be white hair like Ravager, but I'm not really sure on either of them.
    Yeah, I think one is Cass Cain, since she's supposedly one of the people killed by Duela Dent in the first Titans of Tomorrow storyline, yet she showed up as Batwoman in this one.

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    yeah what the fuck is going on with titans

i have no fucking clue

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Time loop.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oh wow that is such a great explanation thank you everything is clear now

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    oh wow that is such a great explanation thank you everything is clear now
    M'Gann, by telling Luthor about him eventually sponsoring a new Titans team, negated everything the present day Titans accomplished in the arc, thus creating a time loop. Therefore, at least at the moment, the Titans future is set, and that in eight years (comic time, which could mean 20 to 30 years human time), Tim takes the mantle of Batman (forcefully, apparently) and "hatches" his clones. Boom bam.

At least thats how I see it. God you're such a punk.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    oh wow

that's um

that's a terrible resolution and sort of makes the whole story pointless

awesome job, sean mckeever

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Is it just me or does that sound kind of retarded? Also when do the new Vigilante and Titans East books launch?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Is it just me or does that sound kind of retarded? Also when do the new Vigilante and Titans East books launch?

"Early 2008" was the last known date.

Books have been solicited up to March, sooo..sometime after then. April seems likely.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Blue Beetle. Either
    the Reach's master plan or Tovar's Heroic Suicide.

I was gonna post scans of the second one, but that'd take like six pages of set-up and I don't know if that's okay here.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Not really a MotW...but what is with the artist for New Warriors and giant tits?

As for my MotW: Thor.
    All of it.
    Fuck yes.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Im not sure what it is about New Warriors but for some reason I like it a lot

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Not really a MotW...but what is with the artist for New Warriors and giant tits?

All of it.
    Fuck yes.

Cake fixes everything.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

All of it.
    Fuck yes.

Cake fixes everything.

:D
    Holy shit, it's Loki!
    And he's hot!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

All of it.
    Fuck yes.

Cake fixes everything.

:D
    Holy shit, it's Loki!
    And he's hot!

I was all ....

"I .. I dont know how to feel about this..." O_o

Is it just me or does it seem like the Asgardians are sectioning off with those that think Thor did the right thing and those who thing Thor betrayed them, That he basically broke the status quo. I think there may be a "heavenly civil war" on the horizon.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    One More Day finally being over so I can start reading good Spider-Man again.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm really glad they haven't depicted Thor's country neighbors as fundamentalist Christian zealots who are unwilling to abide a pagan god. I don't know who any of these characters are, though, outside of what I read in that Loki mini (which I really liked).

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    you dont know Sif or Baldur or the Warriors Three?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    you dont know Sif or Baldur or the Warriors Three?

Not that well, aside from what's been in the new series and what was in that Loki mini.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

It's not NW. You're just insane.
    One More Day finally being over so I can start reading good Spider-Man again.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    actually I think with Slott/McNiven he will have good luck with reading good spidey stories again

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm really glad they haven't depicted Thor's country neighbors as fundamentalist Christian zealots who are unwilling to abide a pagan god.
    Totally. I love Thor's neighbors, and I'm glad they weren't just completely forgotten about once he Asgarded the place up.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm very happy with how they're handling the Oklahomans in Thor.

I'm an Oklahoman and I'm not a religious zealot hillbilly, and it's nice to see us represented as more than the stereotype.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wait.

Stereotypes aren't true? Say it ain't so.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    MAN SHUT YER YAP I'M WATCHIN THA JERRY SPRINGER

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Some of the Asgardians would make great Jerry Springer appearences.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

really? because this was the issue where i decided to drop it. it's just too uninteresting and the art seems to have taken a nosedive into mediocrity

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well the book does answer just about 20 different questions about where alot of de-powered mutants ended up...Thats pretty much the entire team except for Bandit. Although its pretty neat how losing your powers turns you from an ugly fat girl into a hot chick.

ZombieAsuma on