Options

Spy's Sappin' my Valentine!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    also hey DrZiplock that is so adorable

Thanks very much, Viv.

If I could pull it off in China, I would.

d'awwwww

the best part is that you know the girls thought you guys were so thoughtful (and don't get me wrong it really is) but I mean you got them out of their hair for a whole day, had a great meal, and then were awarded in the best ways possible

it's like minimizing the dudes' work on V-Day (let's face it for guys it is work it is not very fun) and maximizing the sappiness factor for the girls

and I mean all the timing and coordination definitely took a while but damn

genius

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My feelings about valentine's are a gif

ihatevd.gif

Because this
    DSC00008.jpg

Caused more problems that it was worth

Nice to know I did care about you and you thought I was weird and creepy

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DakalDakal Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    lostwords wrote: »
    Dakal wrote: »
    That was an awesome idea Dr. Ziplock. Way to not work for some sweet valentines lovin'.

Also, Pasta is a good idea... with some chicken... and maybe salad and Garlic bread.... some wine... maybe wine is too much...

cheat a bit. buy a box of franzia wine, dig around the trash of a high class restaurant for a fancy wine bottle, and refill it with the box wine. That way, you get the appearance of classiness for a fraction of the cost.

disgusting... yet awesome at the same time!

There would be a lot of wine bottle laying around too... This town is full of snobs and yuppies.

Dakal on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The next year we loaded them into the car and said we were going to Baltimore for dinner with my roomates grandma...they fell asleep.

Upon waking up they figured out we were nowhere near Baltimore, but instead in Annapolis.

A nice B&B and a very unexpected weekend away.

The most hilarious part? Having to pack for them.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Knob wrote: »
    i'm taking myself to taco bell for valentine's day

Are you going to leave with some type of worm?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i'm taking myself to taco bell for valentine's day

I am craving some taco bell too

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »

ihatevd.gif

Because this
    DSC00008.jpg

I saw your post in the D&D thread. What exactly happened witho those 3 boxes of chocolates??

Dakal on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Whats an awesome Valentine's Day Dinner? Anyone? Something fancy, but something that an amateur chef could make?

Fish is out of the question. It makes the whole place smell.

Pasta is always a good option. Its filling, and its tasty, and since it requires a bit of preparation (though not a lot of difficult work) its a great way to show off your cooking skills without having to work up a sweat in the kitchen.

Beef Wellington.

Not as hard as it sounds and can be made in advance so that all you have to do is bake on the day and you're done.

Oh God, so easy. Get a good piece of fillet and seal it by frying the edges. Roll out some puff pastry and plonk the steak in the middle. Fry up some mushrooms in some butter and slide those on the top. Wrap the steak in the pastry, daub with egg to seal and make it go brown and cook for 45 minutes or so in the oven.

You can make up a nice, quick Diane sauce (cream / mustard / onion / mushrooms) to have with it, some garlic mash and steamed veg.

You'll look like a masterchef.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ohh, viv! that sounds amazing too! wow...

What goes well with Lobster though? Salad is a must ofcourse...

a small side of tagliatelle pasta in very simple marinara sauce and a good salad is really all you need

just plunk the lobster on the plate, add the pasta on the side and the salad either served separately or on the same plate depending on how much she eats

give her a pair of nutcrackers

done

plus you get bonus points because you can be all manly and strong when you help her with her lobster

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »

ihatevd.gif

Because this
    DSC00008.jpg

I saw your post in the D&D thread. What exactly happened witho those 3 boxes of chocolates??

I will talk about it later I am going to bed in a few hopefully I feel like talking about it when I wake up

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The next year we loaded them into the car and said we were going to Baltimore for dinner with my roomates grandma...they fell asleep.

Upon waking up they figured out we were nowhere near Baltimore, but instead in Annapolis.

date me

please

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Ohh, viv! that sounds amazing too! wow...

What goes well with Lobster though? Salad is a must ofcourse...

a small side of tagliatelle pasta in very simple marinara sauce and a good salad is really all you need

just plunk the lobster on the plate, add the pasta on the side and the salad either served separately or on the same plate depending on how much she eats

give her a pair of nutcrackers

done

plus you get bonus points because you can be all manly and strong when you help her with her lobster
    oh and a nice white wine to go with dinner

followed by a red for afterdinner snugglings

the same ex that made that lobster for me for V-Day also made me my favorite dessert (Tiramisu)... 100% homemade, oh god it was amazing

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    also hey DrZiplock that is so adorable

Thanks very much, Viv.

If I could pull it off in China, I would.

d'awwwww

the best part is that you know the girls thought you guys were so thoughtful (and don't get me wrong it really is) but I mean you got them out of their hair for a whole day, had a great meal, and then were awarded in the best ways possible

it's like minimizing the dudes' work on V-Day (let's face it for guys it is work it is not very fun) and maximizing the sappiness factor for the girls

and I mean all the timing and coordination definitely took a while but damn

genius

My girl actually mentioned that a month or so later... "Next year? How about I spend it with you?" It was like she had been working out in her head and came to a "heeeeeey....wait a fucking minute!" moment.

It was great explaining to each manager what we were trying to pull off. Every girl in every store was all "awwwww...OF COURSE WE'LL HELP!".

Made many a man look like shit on that day, mhm.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wait, is that today?

Shit, I need to stop by the store for some KY and asstoys.

Meiz on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2008
    actually, what i'm gonna do is make a big ol' mess of chicken kiev and a prime rib and break out the collection of fancy booze and crack open a bottle of dom and do some live music and man it'll be awesome

and i'll take pictures of this fucking spread and send it around all goin' HEY LOOK WHAT THE FUCK YOUR DUMB ASSES ARE MISSING OUT ON LADIES, I AM FUCKING AWESOME

Knob on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

date me

please

With pleasure. Next time I'm in the area of Asia, I'll drop you a line.

We can argue a bit, I can be romantic and then we can wake the neighborhood.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Viv! Many <3's!

I'm so going to do this.
    I think you just made my week!

Now the hard part is figuring out how to make it surprise and get my other roommate to leave us be. Maybe I could bribe him with chocolates...

Also, question to anyone, how does one go about initiating romantic stuffs with a roommate? Cause, ya know some people get all weirded out when they find out the person they are living with has feelings for them.

Dakal on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    actually, what i'm gonna do is make a big ol' mess of chicken kiev and a prime rib and break out the collection of fancy booze and crack open a bottle of dom and do some live music and man it'll be awesome

and i'll take pictures of this fucking spread and send it around all goin' HEY LOOK WHAT THE FUCK YOUR DUMB ASSES ARE MISSING OUT ON LADIES, I AM FUCKING AWESOME

are you lying because I thought you had a girlfriend

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man there are a lot of great wines you can get for like 8 dollars. There is no need, ever, to dumpster dive for a bottle so you can fill it with box wine.

Fucking seriously.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    they're separated viv

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Also, question to anyone, how does one go about initiating romantic stuffs with a roommate? Cause, ya know some people get all weirded out when they find out the person they are living with has feelings for them.

When you're alone in the same room, just whip your dong out and stare straight into their eyes, without saying anything.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    hey I enjoyed myself immensely

finding reasons to shout is like collecting little tiny orgasms

Then I would be like a fantasy date for you.

little tiny orgasms are only worth it if eventually I get an awesome monumental one

so, no, you would not be

(<3)

I'm pretty much a continual disappointment

NotASenator on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    mully wrote: »
    i have ideas
    i can't talk about them
    because unfortunately my significant other roams these here pages

and yes yes beavotron is the creator of those valentines
    she is a fantastic person and a helluvanartist.

i hope i can get my ideas put together in time

THIS IS SO INTIMIDATING!

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i just wanted to say
    (though this is a few pages back now)
    that when i got onto the bus today
    and put my ipod onto shuffle
    a def leopard song was the first thing to come up

haters

edit: DONT POST AT THE SAME TIME AS ME, ARSE, IT'S CREEPY

and yes, it IS intimidating, ISN'T it?

mully on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Viv! Many <3's!

I'm so going to do this.

Now the hard part is figuring out how to make it surprise and get my other roommate to leave us be. Maybe I could bribe him with chocolates...

It's the same as asking any regular woman out but instead of eyeing her across the room first you make up those minutes by saying the words "no pressure" over and over again

also hey no prob glad I could help, good luck :)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Cum Hero wrote: »
    they're separated viv

this is no longer true

Knob on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

When you're alone in the same room, just whip your dong out and stare straight into their eyes, without saying anything.

I lol'd so hard.

Dakal on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    i mean, we're still seperated

it's just a bit more permanent now

Knob on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Next time you're in the circle jerk, just start fapping furiously, looking him dead in the eyes, and say "this time... it's for real", then blow him a kiss.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    they're separated viv

oooooh

oops

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

D:

hugs for knob

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Viv! Many <3's!

I'm so going to do this.

It's the same as asking any regular woman out but instead of eyeing her across the room first you make up those minutes by saying the words "no pressure" over and over again

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Some people have hang ups though, hopefully she isnt one of them. Shes also the type of girl that has a lot of guy friends and gets a long/lives with guys more oft than girls.

Dakal on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Next time you're in the circle jerk, just start fapping furiously, looking him dead in the eyes, and say "this time... it's for real", then blow him a kiss.

hold back and be the last guy to spunk on the cookie, then while you're taking bites, stare at his dong and be sure to lick your lips a lot.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited February 2008

hold back and be the last guy to spunk on the cookie, then while you're taking bites, stare at his dong and be sure to lick your lips a lot.

...you have a cookie in on this? Oh god, the crumbs.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Man there are a lot of great wines you can get for like 8 dollars. There is no need, ever, to dumpster dive for a bottle so you can fill it with box wine.

Fucking seriously.

hell you can even get good, cheap champagne

they have a nice tasting champagne from France that sells here in Shanghai for like RMB 35 a bottle (that's 5 bucks)

if you don't know how to buy a wine

go with a simple sauvignon blanc (from Chile if you can get one they are sometimes cheaper) for the white with dinner

and anything from 2003 for the red

most 2003 reds are good wines from anywhere in the world because the summer was warmer so the grapes were sweeter that year

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It will take a bit of self restraint not to drown myself in whiskey this valentines day.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2008

D:

hugs for knob

its not all bad

it led to the first instance of me using my dick as a weapon out of anger

that'll be a hell of a story for the grandkids

Knob on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    they're separated viv

this is no longer true
    oh dang

sorry to hear it dude.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Viv! Many <3's!

I'm so going to do this.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Some people have hang ups though, hopefully she isnt one of them. Shes also the type of girl that has a lot of guy friends and gets a long/lives with guys more oft than girls.

Girls like that can be the best.

They can also be the worst.

I'm not trying to be negative here but.... don't wear your heart on your sleeve around a girl like this until you know its gonna work out. On a side note I am yet again single on Valentines.

Volucrisus Aedrius on