As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deadly Creatures for the Wii (looks good!)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hate to burst your bubbles, but the scorpion and tarantula wouldn't fist pound for two reasons. one, they're going to be realistic. no talking, no plans for revenge. just a couple of average bugs. two, they hate each other. you will play as the scorpion to fight the tarantula, and vice versa.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If they want to fist pound hard enough they're going to find a way to fist pound.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Arachnids have no fists.

What choo gonna do?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Antimatter wrote: »
    two, they hate each other. you will play as the scorpion to fight the tarantula, and vice versa.

spider_wideweb__470x356,0.jpg
    "Snake!! You took everything from me before I was even born dear brother!"

-scorpion.jpg
    "LIQUID!!!"

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    clockspider-1746.jpg
    This will be a one-man sneaking mission!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    mgsscreenshot3ux5.jpg

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    *snip*

Geez, go and make me laugh when I need to be quiet. You suck. :P
    Actually you rule, but you don't need to be reminded, I'm sure.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I am now foreseeing a rash of pictures of famous video game moments with various Cheliceriforms photoshopped in.

Though, to be honest, I think most stories would be far superior if they were to feature arthropods as their main characters.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    artooartoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Props to the developer, finally some effort on the Wii, and also a very original concept!

artoo on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can we put randombattle's imaginings of MGS : Creepy Crawler in the op? :lol:

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SoulGate wrote: »
    *snip*

Geez, go and make me laugh when I need to be quiet. You suck. :P
    Actually you rule, but you don't need to be reminded, I'm sure.

Heh it was either that or a picture of the scorpion with a cardboard box and a cigarette.
    I might still do that..

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This looks like an interesting game. That real life bug fighting thing makes me kind of sad.

Scorpions aren't brawlers they're back-stabbers who eat small soft things. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Psychedelic Worm ReturnsPsychedelic Worm Returns Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Arde wrote: »
    Woo!! New info and new videos of Deadly Creatures - this time focusing on the tarantula:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/883/883119p1.html

Check out the videos featuring the tarantula - the animation of the Tarantula as it moves around is really really good - kinda feel like you're really seeing a tarantula creeping around you.

While it looks interesting, that IGN article is godawful. It reads more like some press release than a preview from an independent gaming site.

Psychedelic Worm Returns on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    This looks like an interesting game. That real life bug fighting thing makes me kind of sad.

Scorpions aren't brawlers they're back-stabbers who eat small soft things. :(

Yeah, I'm really pissed off by the ones with praying mantis' in them. They don't do that.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow.

This game looks somewhat outstanding!

Can't wait to give it a go.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    new E3 trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36621.html

now with t-rex snake shrieking action!

Guek on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That looks good for a Wii game. I'm impressed.

And T-Rex snake has won me over.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My interest in this is continuing to grow.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That looks really cool.

And I'm glad it doesn't look like they're making the creatures talk to each other and stuff. You're just an insect, out to ruin other insect's shit.

Graviija on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Graviija wrote: »
    That looks really cool.

And I'm glad it doesn't look like they're making the creatures talk to each other and stuff. You're just an arachnid, out to ruin other insect's shit.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This game is looking fantastic.

Definitely gonna give it a look over when it comes out.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Xagarath on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »

I was totally guessing this from the second I read the OP.

I'm also buying this on Day 1 unless I hear horrible horrible things about it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Does this have a release date yet? Because it needs to, and it needs to be TODAY.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    guidedbyvicesguidedbyvices Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My irrational fear of this is continuing to grow.

I'm still buying it

guidedbyvices on
    PSN RadCrimes
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I must say, I am surprised that I am one of the only people that thinks this game looks like complete garbage. I do however like the idea of games exploring wildlife/insects more than, 'You play as a Raccoon. Go.'. I guess if the controls fit the creature it could be fun, I dunno.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I must say, I am surprised that I am one of the only people that thinks this game looks like complete garbage. I do however like the idea of games exploring wildlife/insects more than, 'You play as a Raccoon. Go.'. I guess if the controls fit the creature it could be fun, I dunno.

How does it look like garbage?

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

To me it looks like an idea that will not translate as an enjoyable experience. Then again, I did just put my Wii up on craigslist, so maybe my mind is making all Wii games look bad so I don't regret it.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

To me it looks like an idea that will not translate as an enjoyable experience. Then again, I did just put my Wii up on craigslist, so maybe my mind is making all Wii games look bad so I don't regret it.

I'm not entirely sold on it either. I suspect it might turn out to be an uninspired corridor hack-n-slash disguised as something original.

Also, you know, THQ. Brrr.

Tig on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Tig wrote: »

I'm not entirely sold on it either. I suspect it might turn out to be an uninspired corridor hack-n-slash disguised as something original.

Also, you know, THQ. Brrr.
    Ditto a little, but it's a nice concept, effort has actually been put into the graphics, and you can walk on walls.
    I'm kind of half-and-half, but there's a fair chance this could turn out really good.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The action and animations look sloppy. The spider walking needs to be procedural to look convincing and the jumps/movement seem to defy physics. I'm not demanding my games be mathematically sound in the physics department but smoothness and consistency are very important to me.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So this is coming out reeeeeeally soon. Like next week. Why aren't we talking about this?

Since people stopped posting, IGN has posted a shitload of videos. Too many to direct-link them all, so just go here for the list:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14235413/vids_1.html

Okay, I will direct-link one. Rainbow Studios has just posted a video showing how they motion-capped the scorpion. And scorpions... can be a little tough to work with. Trust me, you NEED to see this.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14235413/deadly-creatures/videos/deadlycreature_mocap_020409.html

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So this is coming out reeeeeeally soon. Like next week. Why aren't we talking about this?

Since people stopped posting, IGN has posted a shitload of videos. Too many to direct-link them all, so just go here for the list:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14235413/vids_1.html

Okay, I will direct-link one. Rainbow Studios has just posted a video showing how they motion-capped the scorpion. And scorpions... can be a little tough to work with. Trust me, you NEED to see this.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14235413/deadly-creatures/videos/deadlycreature_mocap_020409.html

Keep in mind though, that the scorpian mo-cap is a humor piece created by the dev team, and isn't to be taken seriously.

That said, I chuckled through the whole thing.

I already have the games I am trading set aside for this one. Next week will be a pricey one for me. Deadly Creatures, Burnout Paradise, and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Oof. :(

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok there is no way that's real but it is awesome and hilarious.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That should be an ad.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Of course the mo-cap session isn't real. But it's pretty damn funny.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hope the team puts that mo-cap video in the game as an unlockable extra...it would be awesome. Plus they need to make one for the Tarantula.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I hope the team puts that mo-cap video in the game as an unlockable extra...it would be awesome. Plus they need to make one for the Tarantula.
    It looks like they'll have at least a couple of unlockables, what with the cicada shells. I'm really hoping this does well, for a variety of reasons within the industry.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    that mo-cap video is hilareous

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like a game that weeds out girly men (or girly girls) before anyone has even played it. I hope to show this game to my spider-fearing sister and perhaps make her faint.

Graviija on