Options

Everybody bitches about [chat]

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    japan wrote: »
    Evening.

I'm reading F1 previews and am oddly disappointed by the slightly hyperactive style of the official F1 site. In my head, every editorial sounds like it's being said out loud by a 14 year old with unusual hair.

F1 = Nascar for European countries

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    When does Warhammer come out? I played it a little at PAX, didn't seem to grab me.

JPants on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Don't anger the gods!

But yeah, just think about healing as raising someones spirit/inspiring your group to fight on in the MMORPG. ;-)
    The most common methods of healing used by Shallyan priestesses lie in herbs. Properties of both common and rare flora are known by each Sister and used to heal everything from burns to broken bones. Sometimes, if the wound or illness is strong enough, the Sisters will hold a candlelight vigil or prayer ceremony to ask for Shallya's divine intervention. There is one cure, however, that heals all ills. The fabled Tears of Shallya, capable of instantly healing even the most severe of injuries, even said to have brought he near-dead to full health. It is believed that the tears of the ever-crying goddess once fell into a pool of crystal clear water, immediately bestowing it with omnipotent powers. Unfortunately, each hospital or temple has only a single bottle of the precious fluid, it must be conserved for the Sisters of Mercy, to keep them alive and well in order to help others.

So yeah, thanks for helping back up my no healing spells theory. :P

wiki wrote:
    For those who play the tabletop game of Warhammer, a Shallya army is definitely out of the question. However, it may be to your advantage to equip a mage or paladin with one or more healing spells such as Warp Empathy 2.

?

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Evening.

I'm reading F1 previews and am oddly disappointed by the slightly hyperactive style of the official F1 site. In my head, every editorial sounds like it's being said out loud by a 14 year old with unusual hair.

I thought it was supposed to be more glamorous, whereas Nascar is for hicks.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Evening.

In essence, yes.

I'm not so mucha fan of NASCAR, because most if the interesting stuff is in the black art of Oval Car setup, and since nobody ever, ever gives details of their setup, you never get to hear about it.

japan on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

Who are you?
    I'm that guy who posts in the chat thread for a few days every month or so. or that catterpillar. whichever is coolest.
    Not a big fan of the old books either, then?
    old books? what?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Evening.

Please don't make me hate you. I don't like hating people.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    F1 would be the greatest racing series in the world if it wasn't run by a bunch of fucking gits.

LM/GT racing gets my vote instead.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Evening.

Europe is to America what F1 is to NASCAR.

Space Coyote on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah because nothing makes a person more sad then someone who lamely drunk posts dislikes them. Oh a bloo bloo some random internet wanker doesn't like me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Evening.

Europe is to America what F1 is to NASCAR.

They both suck?

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Who are you?
    I'm that guy who posts in the chat thread for a few days every month or so. or that catterpillar. whichever is coolest.
    old books? what?
    Yeah, you know:
    stack%20o%20books.jpg
    Books, like for reading.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Evening.

If by more glamerous, you mean that the average fan is a european equivilant to a hick.

And bob, honestly man, let's not do the "OMG one is better than the otherz!" thing. They're the same. They both have hundreds of millions of fans, major motion pictures, good and bad stereotypes, hundreds of millions of dollars in research and development, superstars, and cars that are fine tuned and require prescision driving skill. The only difference is in the fact that while F1 is a faster race with more turns, open wheel racing limits driver contact, which is a larger part of Nascar.

edit: the real racing is at SCCA/GT level. It's like the high school/college level of sports. There's still some purity of the game to be found, and it's exciting.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    F1 would be the greatest racing series in the world if it wasn't run by a bunch of fucking gits.

You ever seen the v8 supercars? The clipsal 500 ( held in adelaide :D) is the ,ost attended touring car event in the world.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah because nothing makes a person more sad then someone who lamely drunk posts dislikes them. Oh a bloo bloo some random internet wanker doesn't like me.
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008

Stop being such a dick-in-the-eye, preach.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Who are you?
    old books? what?
    Yeah, you know:
    stack%20o%20books.jpg
    Books, like for reading.
    I've read some books. My fave is either 500 years of solitude or house of the spirits,

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    I am supposed to see a doctor tonight

I am not sure how I feel about that

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've read some books. My fave is either 500 years of solitude or house of the spirits
    We've gone off piste here. The moral is: You missed the reference, therefore you're poorly read and should feel bad.

Edit: quote tags, my old nemesis, we meet again.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Stop being such a dick-in-the-eye, preach.

That phrase makes me laugh every time.

@ Obo: What for?

JPants on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I am supposed to see a doctor tonight

I am not sure how I feel about that
    body doctor or head doctor?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

You ever seen the v8 supercars? The clipsal 500 ( held in adelaide :D) is the ,ost attended touring car event in the world.

I catch them on TV from time to time.

My brother, father and I usually make it to a few ALMS races each year (usually 18 Hours at Sebring and Road Atlanta). I have never been to Le Mans but I will probably get to go this year or the next.

I love watching the C6Rs race, they're really distinctive from the other cars in ALMS GT1. A corvette will be in GT2 this year also so it will be fun to see it compete against the 430's and 911's.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I've read some books. My fave is either 500 years of solitude or house of the spirits,
    We've gone off piste here. The moral is: You missed the reference, therefore you're poorly read and should feel bad.

Calm down, Jo. Just because bob took the funny out of your joke is no reason to be piste off at him.
    I have no regrets!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I catch them on TV from time to time.

My brother, father and I usually make it to a few ALMS races each year (usually 18 Hours at Sebring and Road Atlanta). I have never been to Le Mans but I will probably get to go this year or the next.

I love watching the C6Rs race, they're really distinctive from the other cars in ALMS GT1. A corvette will be in GT2 this year also so it will be fun to see it compete against the 430's and 911's.
    my favourite bit about the clipsal this year was having the formula 3s run as a support race and smash the v8 track record by 3 seconds.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008

Calm down, Jo. Just because bob took the funny out of your joke is no reason to be piste off at him.
    I have no regrets!
    that was a woeful pun
    and i still dont get what the joke was :(

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Being drunk and posting is pretty tragic. Probably more so then being high and posting. In fact, the only thing sadder I can think of off hand is pretending to be either of those things.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Being drunk and posting is pretty tragic. Probably more so then being high and posting. In fact, the only thing sadder I can think of off hand is pretending to be either of those things.
    At least it's not as sad as being you.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008
    bodyhead doctor

which is to say, a psychiatrist, full-bodied and with the full suite of powers

a formidable adversary

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    bodyhead doctor

which is to say, a psychiatrist, full-bodied and with the full suite of powers

a formidable adversary
    meh, at worst he'll say you're a bit crazy. which you probably are. so what ever,

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Holy shit! Someone quoted me in a sig, that really turns me on

also, drunk posting is fine, bragging about drunk posting is for losers.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    it's less about the conclusions reached and more about my having an ethical and logical crisis about my relations to psychiatry in general

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Yeah I agree Leitner, its like posting about how you got fake laid.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2008

which i totaly did 8-)

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Pretty sure I've only drunk posted once, and luckily chat was slow so I only posted one post then passed out.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    One more for the ignore list, I hope there isn't a limit on that sucker.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    we don't go to Drunkpoast anymore

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited March 2008

You're just jealous of his [Dwarven Hand Cannon]. No but seriously, you guys stop being such humbugs.

Having said that, bob, you might want to go sober up before you get perma-jailed like Joh.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've only drunk posted once, and luckily chat was slow so I only posted one post then passed out.

The sad part was no one noticed the difference pants?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2008

You're just jealous of his [Dwarven Hand Cannon]. No but seriously, you guys stop being such humbugs.

Having said that, bob, you might want to go sober up before you get perma-jailed like Joh.

We can dislike whoever we want to dislike Irene, stop being such a busy body. And the dwarven Hand cannon was a purple not a green...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How do we collectively feel about the WRC?

I was always a little disappointed the F2 class was killed off because the Citroen Xsara Kit Car won the Catalunya rally outright.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.