Options

[GAME ON]Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Stupid Sexy Snake

• Options
    thefaisthefais Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Toon Link is now my favourite. He IS SO GOOD! Amazing Aerial game! Fast! And all types of ridiculous smashes! And a good B-set that gives you three options to harass fuckers. Only one real meteor smash, but it's such a good one. I love just jumping really high and using it to divebomb guys in 4 player. I need to get the hang of his Up-B in the air, but with the rest of his airs, it doesn't even seem necessary.

thefais on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    thefais wrote: »
    Toon Link is now my favourite. He IS SO GOOD! Amazing Aerial game! Fast! And all types of ridiculous smashes! And a good B-set that gives you three options to harass fuckers. Only one real meteor smash, but it's such a good one. I love just jumping really high and using it to divebomb guys in 4 player. I need to get the hang of his Up-B in the air, but with the rest of his airs, it doesn't even seem necessary.

Yeah I was just in a FFA where we got our asses handed to us by a Toon Link. Qucik little fucker.

parabola on
  • Options
    bruceskibruceski Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I need to use tilts more with Snake, but the sweetest thing in this game has gotta be timing his up-smash to hit the smash ball from a mile away while the others are chasing it.

bruceski on
    WoW - Baelgun server
    Beohrn, 70 tauren druid
    random alts.

Wii number -- 0277 0746 9561 0171
    --Metroid Prime 3
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ok Event #17 on hard... what the fuck?

Zelda is so fucking floaty that it's so difficult just to jump more than a few times before the level kills you.

My current strategy is to jump twice and do her up+B to warp... most the time she warps too far above a platform and by the time her stupid fucking ass lands the level has scrolled up so far that I'm dead.

Any tips?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

Zelda is so fucking floaty that it's so difficult just to jump more than a few times before the level kills you.

My current strategy is to jump twice and do her up+B to warp... most the time she warps too far above a platform and by the time her stupid fucking ass lands the level has scrolled up so far that I'm dead.

Any tips?

Ive done the first 20 on Hard except for 17. 17 can go fuck off and die in a fire. I have no tips for you.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Any tips?

You might try getting a decent lead on the level and transforming into Shiek. I don't know what all it would change, but it might help.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    eelektrik wrote: »

Any tips?

Ive done the first 20 on Hard except for 17. 17 can go fuck off and die in a fire. I have no tips for you.

My favourite is when you're trying to warp and one of the ice climbers floats over and hits you to cancel the warp.

That's my favourite.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kupi wrote: »

Any tips?

You might try getting a decent lead on the level and transforming into Shiek. I don't know what all it would change, but it might help.

If I could change into Shiek it would be a joke and a half. Problem is, there's no time. And #17 on hard = never getting a decent lead on the level.

Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kupi wrote: »

Any tips?

If I could change into Shiek it would be a joke and a half. Problem is, there's no time. And #17 on hard = never getting a decent lead on the level.

Try it and you'll see what I mean.

Part of the problem is that half the time zelda actually HOVERS in the air after a warp and flashes invincible for a second or two. This means you can't jump AGAIN until she decides to land on a platform. By then, you're dead.

Edit: Beated! I think that might have been about 25 - 30 tries.

Some tips: When you jump at the start, obviously avoid that inverted spike thing--that will KO you right off the bat. Learned that the first try.
    On your first jump, wait a second at the peak of the jumps before you warp up, and aim for the ladders. If Zelda floats in the air you can grab the ladder and jump off right away.

Try to plan out your route exactly. Find what works and keep using the EXACT same route jump by jump. As you get to the top, it actually gets easier. The only thing you have to really worry about is the stone sections, because Zelda won't warp through that and you'll die. Avoid them.. especially the "trap" one right after the airplane section.. stick to the right side.

Once you get your exact route down, it's just a matter of trying again and again until the stupid ass ice climbers don't interfere.

Figgy on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wow. With the Remote + Chuk combo, using some waggle for smashes works surprisingly well. I mean, it's no C-Stick, but I thought it was going to be total garbage.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wow. With the Remote + Chuk combo, using some waggle for smashes works surprisingly well. I mean, it's no C-Stick, but I thought it was going to be total garbage.

Yeah, waggle-smash is pretty handy. I've been using the Remote/Nunchuck combo pretty exclusively, and my ONLY gripe with it is that I need to get used to using my left index finger to shield.

Other than that, it's a solid controller combination and lots of fun(not to mention being able to carry your control scheme around is glorious.)

Rainfall on
  • Options
    GinoGino Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've become a big fan of DeDeDe. he's my main right now, Followed by Pit, ZSS/Samus, and Peach.

Peach is a blast to play. Her FS annoys the crap out of my friends. I eat all the peaches then use a fully charged smash attack to their sleeping bodies.

It's a good time.

Gino on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gino wrote: »
    I've become a big fan of DeDeDe. he's my main right now, Followed by Pit, ZSS/Samus, and Peach.

Peach is a blast to play. Her FS annoys the crap out of my friends. I eat all the peaches then use a fully charged smash attack to their sleeping bodies.

It's a good time.

Peach is crazy now. Her U-smash and D-smash both got buffed, even though they REALLY didn't need to, and her F-smashes are still almost as good as they used to be.

Peach Bomber has crazy knockback now, and doesn't take forever to charge, Toad is faster(but still sucks)

It's a shame that her veggies got slowed down, I always loved bashing people with them.

However, the Parasol got the biggest buff of all. It's even prettier than it was.

(Also, her aerial game is glorious.)

Rainfall on
  • Options
    TacofiendTacofiend Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm up for a Brawl. Anyone interested in swapping codes?

Tacofiend on
    realkirby.jpg
    I reside in Northern Kentucky.
  • Options
    GinoGino Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »

It's a good time.

Peach is crazy now. Her U-smash and D-smash both got buffed, even though they REALLY didn't need to, and her F-smashes are still almost as good as they used to be.

Peach Bomber has crazy knockback now, and doesn't take forever to charge, Toad is faster(but still sucks)

It's a shame that her veggies got slowed down, I always loved bashing people with them.

However, the Parasol got the biggest buff of all. It's even prettier than it was.

I like killing people with her high Kick. Always good for a laugh.

Gino on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hey, Gino. Up for a battle?

Tacofiend on
    realkirby.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008

It's a good time.

I like killing people with her high Kick. Always good for a laugh.

Her kick is glorious.

Pokemon Trainer, Peach, Captain Falcon, and Samus/ZSS seem to be my mains for now. I used to play Ness lots but he doesn't have the same sort of power that he did in Melee and 64.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    JESUS CHRIST, I KNOW IT'S FUN TO TALK ABOUT, BUT HOW ABOUT WE GET A GAME GOING?! IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY?!

Tacofiend on
    realkirby.jpg
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would, but I have to go to work in like five minutes.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tacofiend, I'll take you on.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i would also like to take some people on

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

It's a good time.

there is no way her d-smash got buffed

in melee it could do almost 70%

here, it does less than twenty

I have no idea where you got the impression that it was buffed

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Good matches Eliot. WHoever joined up had a really bad connection though. Sorry about that one match that was a no contest. That was me and it was a total accident.

Tacofiend on
    realkirby.jpg
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, that was a friend of mine who has a really bad connection.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tacofiend wrote: »
    JESUS CHRIST, I KNOW IT'S FUN TO TALK ABOUT, BUT HOW ABOUT WE GET A GAME GOING?! IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY?!

I added you yesterday, I think.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey, Taco, add me. I need more people to play with.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

It's a good time.

It could do almost 70? In what bizarro-world are you living in? I mean, sure it was good but it wasn't that good. Unless of course you know deep dark secrets about Peach that I can't even hope to begin to understand.

Teach me!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    KeidrychKeidrych Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Question Time:

1) How do you unlock additional rules for multiplayer brawling? What do the rules contain?

2) How do you select which maps you want or don't want (New Pork City is TOO GOD DAMN BIG) in your random rotation?

Thanks!

Keidrych on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So what's Vault data? I just got a Message Board message telling me I have some.

EDIT: Keid, both are unlocked by getting 200 KOs (total) in a standard Brawl.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

It's a good time.

It could do almost 70? In what bizarro-world are you living in? I mean, sure it was good but it wasn't that good. Unless of course you know deep dark secrets about Peach that I can't even hope to begin to understand.

Teach me!

I am reasonably certain that a fully charged downsmash against a small, crouching opponent would do 68%

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    After playing through classic with every character, and All Star with several, I think I've figured out my mains.

Link, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link.

I love going online with Link. Literally nobody uses him. I also happen to think he's really good.

Ike is just...well, Ike.

Pokemon Trainer is just so fun and diverse.

Toon Link is Link. That's all that needs to be said.

Graviija on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, I love All-Star Mode and getting the Final Smash trophies at the end.

Just blazed through Lucas. God, he's a fucking beast.

Ended up beating Event 41 by dropping it down to Easy. I'll go back to it later, when I won't strangle myself with the Wiimote.

Shamus on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

It's a good time.

Teach me!

I am reasonably certain that a fully charged downsmash against a small, crouching opponent would do 68%

Yup. D-smash was anything but buffed.

Aydr on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Keidrych wrote: »
    Question Time:

1) How do you unlock additional rules for multiplayer brawling? What do the rules contain?

2) How do you select which maps you want or don't want (New Pork City is TOO GOD DAMN BIG) in your random rotation?

Thanks!

1) have 200 ko's in brawls. Should be fairly easy. Unlocks your second question. I'm not sure if this is 200 player kos or just ko's period, because if it was 200 kos, just do super easy 67 stock, three computers. Should be able to do that in like half an hour.

2) see # 1

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    if your near ohio, PLAY WITH ME :D

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Does Texas count?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    later on tonight anyone want to try seeing what lag time is like Alaska to Lower 48 (thats what we call you wierdo's).

It would be in about 3 & 1/2 hours.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    jack eddy wrote: »
    later on tonight anyone want to try seeing what lag time is like Alaska to Lower 48 (thats what we call you wierdo's).

It would be in about 3 & 1/2 hours.
    If I can get on then. That's what...9 here? I could probably do it.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Aydr wrote: »

It's a good time.

Teach me!

Yup. D-smash was anything but buffed.

Okay, so under perfect conditions it did a lot of damage. I'm finding it way more useful tactically in Brawl, using it to move my opponents into different positions(the spin moves them around, you may have noticed) leaving them open for a f or u smash.

I like it better.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My mains are pretty much locked in now as:

1) Sonic
    2) Fox
    3) Toon Link
    4) Wolf

I chop and change depending on my opponents and whatnot.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner