Options

Who Put the [Chat] In the Tuna?

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    God I love Call of Duty 4.

HACKS PLAY A DAMN MOVE

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well, atleast I know who in [chat] to ask now if I need to know how to record my bass to my computer or something.

I'm trying to think how a DI box could interface with a computer. Hmm.

I've run a cable from the headphone jack on my bass amp to my sound card before, but that's pretty lo-fi and messy.

Gim on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I PUT THE [chat] IN THE TUNA.

So, salt and vinegar potato chips + lemonade mixed with vodka. Good combination?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

HACKS PLAY A DAMN MOVE
    SHUT UP

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

I need to go change my major, like tomorrow but I have little to no clue what I'm going to change it to. I have many interests but I don't think there's anything I can definitively point to and say "that shall be my career path."

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

I need to go change my major, like tomorrow but I have little to no clue what I'm going to change it to. I have many interests but I don't think there's anything I can definitively point to and say "that shall be my career path."

Music.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grey, does your school have an exploratory option? That's what i've been doing for the last year in and a half. Just taking general education classes that are requirements while I wait to decide my major.

Since I intend on heading to law school...well I still don't know what major i'll be selecting but i'm near my pre-law minor.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

Theater!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

Art!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

Erotic table dancing.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

HACKS PLAY A DAMN MOVE
    SHUT UP

I'M OVER A HUNDRED POINTS AHEAD

YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M THE BOSS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    6 months after moving into this house, I have officially acquired a television for my room. No more choosing between D&D and Jon Stewart every night.

jotate on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

Linguistics

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    AAAAAAAAAArrgh

Theater!
    Art!
    Film!

*walks away in shame*

Gim on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    We're all suggesting faux majors!

Hi5's all around!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    ghostdance.png

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    About goddamned time someone laughed at my self-deprecating humour.

oh
    i would still bang you

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    6 months after moving into this house, I have officially acquired a television for my room. No more choosing between D&D and Jon Stewart every night.

I have two TVs in my living room, and no cable. Because I'm the best.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

HACKS PLAY A DAMN MOVE
    SHUT UP

I'M OVER A HUNDRED POINTS AHEAD

YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M THE BOSS

You're only middle management boyo.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grey, does your school have an exploratory option? That's what i've been doing for the last year in and a half. Just taking general education classes that are requirements while I wait to decide my major.

Since I intend on heading to law school...well I still don't know what major i'll be selecting but i'm near my pre-law minor.

Due to some credits I brought in from high school, and the fact that I'm reaching the end of my sophomore year, I am running somewhat short of general ed courses to take. I am currently a psych major, but I always knew psychology was just a placeholder major until I could figure out what I really wanted to do.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    Norma Stitz
    I'll admit, I laughed.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gim wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    But yeah, fiddling around is a no-no. :P Not everyone can run through a 30 minute sound test before each show, though.

Yeah, shame on me. I'll be looking into getting some straight XLR > XLR cables. Or, more likely, I'll just get the Fostex modded so I can confidently run it as an all-in-one and not worry about hauling around an extra preamp. If I had an Apogee MiniMP, then I would make it my business to really get the science down to this particular setup. But as it is, just running the one box would be much nicer; the MixPre isn't THAT great for live sound anyhow.

Ah cool, what kind of setup did you have at your disposal for recording? Were you taking anything off the board, or were you just going with all mics?
    Oh god, you don't want to know. In college I didn't use a proper external pre-amp at all, just the one that comes in the MBox with Pro Tools. It was decent. I would use two mics and a line in: for vocals I used the MXL V63M, a fantastic buy and one that I still use for acoustic guitar and vocal work. For drums I used the Beyerdynamic M88, which is supposed to be just bass-heavy stuff, but with some tweaking worked fine for drums.

Keyboard and or guitar would just go line-in to the MBox. Actually I would do SPDIF in for the keyboard if I ran out of traditional inputs on the MBox, as it isn't a fully featured box by any means.

Then I would mix, arrange, everything else with pro tools. I would record onto an external HD through my powerbook during the show. I made sure to hide it so no one would steal it. Heh.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

oh
    i would still bang you

Man, you know I don't know what to do with compliments. I'm flattered I think, but flattery causes kind of an uncomfortable burning-sensation. :| Thanks though.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Lab first aid kit is good.

Soon, home!

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Hi5's all around!

Here's to living in a country where this is all possible!

*lights cigar with $100 bill*

*realizes how poor he is, puts out $100 bill, returns cigar to case*

Gim on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

oh
    i would still bang you

Man, you know I don't know what to do with compliments. I'm flattered I think, but flattery causes kind of an uncomfortable burning-sensation. :| Thanks though.

and coming from eddy, you know it's not a joke!

not to say you're ugly. i'm just not into doodz, you see. it's a condition i have, and i'm seeking counseling for it

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The trick with a major is to find one which produces a product or service that is identifiable and searchable for jobs.

It makes life a whole lot simpler.

Also make sure that the jobs you could want are available in a place you want to live.

Whereas I managed to pick a major that has no actual distinct career path attached to it and which has, as its most obvious career paths, New York as its primary end. And fuck New York.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

oh
    i would still bang you

The correct response is a bashful aw shucks and then you avert your gaze and shuffle your feet a bit.

Eddy, what about me! I've been told that I've got homosexual appeal

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No one seems to want to call me ugly tonight. It's confusing and I think we should talk about trees or something instead.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dang, I'm out of DFA1979. Now I need something else to rock out to.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    VC you're so ugly you make the Elephant Man feel pretty.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I think pine-trees are pretty and smell nice. That's most of what we have in the woods in Ohio.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gim wrote: »
    But yeah, fiddling around is a no-no. :P Not everyone can run through a 30 minute sound test before each show, though.

Yeah, shame on me. I'll be looking into getting some straight XLR > XLR cables. Or, more likely, I'll just get the Fostex modded so I can confidently run it as an all-in-one and not worry about hauling around an extra preamp. If I had an Apogee MiniMP, then I would make it my business to really get the science down to this particular setup. But as it is, just running the one box would be much nicer; the MixPre isn't THAT great for live sound anyhow.

Ah cool, what kind of setup did you have at your disposal for recording? Were you taking anything off the board, or were you just going with all mics?
    Oh god, you don't want to know. In college I didn't use a proper external pre-amp at all, just the one that comes in the MBox with Pro Tools. It was decent. I would use two mics and a line in: for vocals I used the MXL V63M, a fantastic buy and one that I still use for acoustic guitar and vocal work. For drums I used the Beyerdynamic M88, which is supposed to be just bass-heavy stuff, but with some tweaking worked fine for drums.

Keyboard and or guitar would just go line-in to the MBox. Actually I would do SPDIF in for the keyboard if I ran out of traditional inputs on the MBox, as it isn't a fully featured box by any means.

Then I would mix, arrange, everything else with pro tools. I would record onto an external HD through my powerbook during the show. I made sure to hide it so no one would steal it. Heh.

Ah, a multitrack rig of sorts. Good show, sir. I applaud your dedication to the process with what you had. I started on a lavalier mic and a minidisc recorder. Dark ages, those were. I wish I had the equipment and opportunity to do recording like that. But for the time being, I will make due with my humble two mic audience recordings. You can really get some good recordings that way, it's just a matter of taking all the dozens of different factors into account. I hope to figure it out any year now.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No one seems to want to call me ugly tonight. It's confusing and I think we should talk about trees or something instead.

golden20larch.jpg

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Would it make you feel better if we fucked you with the lights off?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    The trick with a major is to find one which produces a product or service that is identifiable and searchable for jobs.

It makes life a whole lot simpler.

Also make sure that the jobs you could want are available in a place you want to live.

Whereas I managed to pick a major that has no actual distinct career path attached to it and which has, as its most obvious career paths, New York as its primary end. And fuck New York.

What are you studying?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Dude, that's an awesome picture.

Can we be friends? Y/N?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What are you studying?

I have a degree in English.

So I know these things.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Hi5's all around!

I wanted to tell my dad I was majoring in folklore, instead I said (truthfully) I was majoring in history
    which is almost as bad of course

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    English majors make me giggle.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.