Options

Game On: Final Fantasy XI

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    h5 jeff

me too
    I thought the interface was a refreshing change, but I understand how it is not everyone's cup of tea. Snap, I found you easily, and hung out next to you for a short while before going to bed. I will log in again this afternoon.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    TheJeff wrote:
    I played FFXI for a while. If it weren't for the messed up key-bindings and the general clunkiness of the interface, I'd probably still be playing it today. I think I got to about level 7 before I lost my steam.

I found that using a gamepad solves alot of the interface issues that I had.

snap on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I don't get it.

I always felt like FFXI had the most intuitive, easy interface ever, especially after becoming acclamated to it.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I think that it's just different and people don't want to bother with learning a new way to play.

snap on
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    It's very technical but once you're accustomed to it, it's pretty much automatic.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    ffxicalc.jpg

Xhero on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Xhero wrote:
    ffxicalc.jpg

Man what?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Hey, can you summon anything if Summoner is your sub job? I'm thinking no, but I've got this bet going...

snap on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    snap wrote:
    Hey, can you summon anything if Summoner is your sub job? I'm thinking no, but I've got this bet going...

Yes you can, but your summing skill is halved due to the subjob

Edit: Just had my first full party wipeout since Valkrum dunes I think.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    On an unrelated note, I just unlocked Pupetmaster, and I can officially be said to have a high level job for my character. I left the mid levels yesterday by attaining level 51 on White Mage.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    On an unrelated note, I just unlocked Pupetmaster, and I can officially be said to have a high level job for my character. I left the mid levels yesterday by attaining level 51 on White Mage.

Most people would consider 51 to be low level emot-wth.gif

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Xhero wrote:

I was going by thirds. Upper, middle, low. 1-25, 26-50, 51-75.

Most people are elitist assholes.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Xhero wrote:

If you look at it in experience points, though, you're not even halfway to 75.

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Xhero wrote:

Fine, destroy my hopes and dreams.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Xhero wrote:

Fine, destroy my hopes and dreams.

Don't worry, in around four levels you will have access to delicious Aht Urhgan EXP parties.

Xhero on
  • Options
    EffStarStarStarEffStarStarStar Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    So hey, check that out, a month and a half later it's a thread of absolutely nobody except Ormi and Bri.

So unexpected

EffStarStarStar on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    In all fairness, it is a pretty terrible game.

slow on
  • Options
    Ty HalcyonTy Halcyon Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    The only fun was in Clawshrimp :(

Ty Halcyon on
    HuntressSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    So hey, check that out, a month and a half later it's a thread of absolutely nobody except Ormi and Bri.

So unexpected

As far as I know, the only people that even logged on aside from myself and Xero was Shoe. Everyone else was all like "Sure, I will play... Oh! look at the pretty bird I sure do like ice cream especially with sprinkles!"

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2006

So unexpected

I almost read this post but then I noticed the World of Warcraft icon on my desktop

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Hey, does anyone have a spare WP?

My friend wants one. I might reinstall sometime soon, too, so it could be for two of us.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2006

So unexpected

Some of us don't have access to all them internets. :(

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Fandyien wrote:
    Hey, does anyone have a spare WP?

My friend wants one. I might reinstall sometime soon, too, so it could be for two of us.

I'll put one up later today.

Edit: But check the one in the first post in case it is still valid.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Important note: Unless your Ninja is the son of God, don't let him/her tank post-50. Your White Mage will die and be angry.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    You must suck pretty bad, or the ninja.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Coldbrand wrote:
    You must suck pretty bad, or the ninja.

I don't think I have ever been accused of being a bad White Mage.

Unrelated note: Worldpass number is 3371559883.

It becomes invalid in 167 hours.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Then the ninja sucks. Or get a thief. And if you have one, then he isn't doing his job either. And if he's doing his job, his partner isn't. Replace his partner with a Dragoon who doesn't suck. Unless it's the other side of the L3 skillchain, then get like a warrior.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I'm going to make a Hume or Taru RDM. My friend is going to make an Elvaan Warrior to eventually become a DRK, I think.

Time for the looooooooooooong patching.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    To elaborate a bit on the Ninja issue. Yesterday I had a Ninja tank in Kuftal tunnel fighting crabs. Some of us died because the tank couldn't hold agro.

Today, with my Kuftal experience ( or lack thereof ) fresh on my mind I partied again with a ninja tank, and after the first monster I told him he had one more chance to get his emitity properly managed. HE said he could.

The second monster was no better than the first, but some of the party agreed with him that he should have one more monster. Again, I conceeded.

The third monster was no better than the first, so I called a halt to it. The ninja whacked a nearby monster and used his two hour to get back to the city, and the monster then proceded to chase us out of the area.

Two of us died during the eviction.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Red Mage is the only thing Hume is best at, Tarus invalidate the swordsmanship of the job since they're so damn weak. And later on you can do some serious ass kicking solo with Red Mage, but I'd imagine it'd be way more risky with Taru.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    So, in a nutshell, how has this game changed since September last year?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I wouldn't know really, I played after PC release, and compared to then it's fucking easy. Every class has been itemized up the ass thanks to Assault so the "lol u dun hav gud armr" arguements are gone.

I guess the Aht Urghan shit is fun, I never tried really since I just quit after fucking buying it. And personal custom chocobos come out next month with various shapes and colors.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Fandyien wrote:
    So, in a nutshell, how has this game changed since September last year?

There is lots of new stuff what with the expansions, but the stuff that was already there is much the same. Tweaks here and there, but the overall experience seems the same.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Did they alter the EXP needed to level? I heard the slope has been made significantly easier.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    It's like freaking baby mode compared to PC release. There's RINGS you can equip use, then unequip for a freebie 1k exp every 16 hours, and to recharge it's 7 or so charges, you only need to spend a small amount of Conquest Points.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    There is a chart somewhere that shows how the exp curve has been made significantly easier.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Okay, rad.

I'm Fandyien the Hume RDM. Someone already gave me 10k and a linkpearl for some lame LS.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    NefilimNefilim Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Playing FFXI made me lose faith in humanity and the soundness of a free election system.

Nefilim on
    Nefilim8382-mph.jpg
    Nefilim8382-mkds.jpg
    Nefilim8382-acww.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Fandyien wrote:
    Okay, rad.

I'm Fandyien the Hume RDM. Someone already gave me 10k and a linkpearl for some lame LS.

Let me know when you log in again and I will give you a pearl to our LS. If you don't catch me online, see Reww, Saine, Ormi, or Yummura. They can also give you a pearl.

Just_Bri_Thanks on