Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

1192022242528

Posts

  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    :^: GG, Joltra, GG.



    Also, I think the pink guy is that thunderbolt genie thing from JSA (some kid has to shout "So cool!" and he pops out, I don't really get it).

    Scooter on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    He's one of the djinns from the fifth dimension. You say their name backwards to summon and control them.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Also, I think the pink guy is that thunderbolt genie thing from JSA (some kid has to shout "So cool!" and he pops out, I don't really get it).

    Jakeem Thunder. He has control of a of a thunderbolt genie by saying "So Cûl", which is "so cool". Captain Marvel helped him control it.

    And the cover for the new JSA makes it look like he put the genie inside of him.

    Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    :^: GG, Joltra, GG.



    Also, I think the pink guy is that thunderbolt genie thing from JSA (some kid has to shout "So cool!" and he pops out, I don't really get it).

    Johnny Thunder

    Jakeem Thunder

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I had problems syncing it up. I think it was hoodie/afro/green stripe guy running past that was the best cue. Or maybe huntress' new costume.
    Anyway once I got it working it was awesome. So do more. Please.

    And Uncle Jesse's wife? What?

    valiance on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Great stuff, guys. Keep it up.

    Sars_Boy on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok, now someone tell Paul Dini so I can become his best friend.

    O:

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Loved the podcast.

    Of course, after reading all the comments about how deep your voice was, and then hearing Fram talk first, I was like D:

    Skullo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Ok, now someone tell Paul Dini so I can become his best friend.

    O:

    I'll take the case.

    Garlic Bread on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Ok, now someone tell Paul Dini so I can become his best friend.

    O:

    I'll take the case.
    She'll be participating in Dini Family Fun Nights (featuring Risk, the game of world domination) in no time.

    robosagogo on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Me, Paul, Zatanna, and the monkeys.


    Maybe Framling can come too.


    Maybe.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    i didn't tell him

    he's not answering my calls!

    Garlic Bread on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dammit Keith, what are you doing?

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    waiting for dinner

    I was just playing some Wii

    I still haven't listened to the podcast yet

    whoops!

    Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I will listen to the podcast after the people are done watching stupid football on the TV

    I don't feel like unhooking my Wii and putting the PS2 on just to watch an episode of JLU

    and I don't feel like watching it on the computer

    Garlic Bread on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited November 2006
    hey i too have an aunt sherie

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Nah, I don't have Superman season 3 yet. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and despite how disappointing season 2 was to me, I'll still get it so I can have all of the DCAU stuff lined up together on my DVD shelf.

    By the way, do Static Shock and Zeta have DVD sets like these? I'm not necessarily interested in Static, but The Zeta Project looks neat and I thought Zeta's BB episode was pretty neato.

    And was I the only one that liked the first season of Batman Beyond a lot more than the second?

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    From what I can remember, The Zeta Project was a complete bastardization of the concept introduced in Batman Beyond. No inner conflict between lethal programming and the desire to do good, and a spunky female sidekick to boot.

    Also, none of that Timm/Dini pizazz.

    robosagogo on
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    From what I can remember, The Zeta Project was a complete bastardization of the concept introduced in Batman Beyond. No inner conflict between lethal programming and the desire to do good, and a spunky female sidekick to boot.

    Also, none of that Timm/Dini pizazz.
    Didn't Dini quit or get fired before JL/JLU came to be? If I'm not mistaken, they got a different writer.

    And oh man, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker came on one of those cable movie channels last night. I'm so used to the real, uncensored version that the bastardized, "kid safe" version kinda made me sick. I mean, the Joker doesn't even slash Batman. He just punches him once, and then Batman's all fucked up and in a daze.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I really have a hard time considering Zeta a DCAU show. Which I've explained before, so I won't bother with now, unless someone reeeaaallly wants me to.

    Dini moved on to other projects after Batman Beyond, but did write the episode "Far From Home" for JLU, so believe me, he didn't get "fired."

    The way the shows are written, as Timm explained on one of the DVDs somewhere, is that the writers, producers, etc. get together and brainstorm ideas, work out the kinks, whatever. That's S.O.P. although some episodes do deviate slightly from that, as they have guest writers, and stuff.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    I really have a hard time considering Zeta a DCAU show. Which I've explained before, so I won't bother with now, unless someone reeeaaallly wants me to.

    Dini moved on to other projects after Batman Beyond, but did write the episode "Far From Home" for JLU, so believe me, he didn't get "fired."

    The way the shows are written, as Timm explained on one of the DVDs somewhere, is that the writers, producers, etc. get together and brainstorm ideas, work out the kinks, whatever. That's S.O.P. although some episodes do deviate slightly from that, as they have guest writers, and stuff.
    Okay, one more DCAU question. Didn't Dini write some book about the creation of Batman: TAS and the team behind it?

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    He wrote it with Chip Kidd, I have a copy and it has been signed by Dini, Timm, Andrea Romano, and Glen Murakami.

    It's pretty cool, and has a lot of cool drawings in it, and all the title cards for the B:TAS episodes.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    He wrote it with Chip Kidd, I have a copy and it has been signed by Dini, Timm, Andrea Romano, and Glen Murakami.

    It's pretty cool, and has a lot of cool drawings in it, and all the title cards for the B:TAS episodes.
    Is there anything you don't know about the DCAU?

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dear Jordyn,

    I have not downloaded your podcast yet.

    I had family this weekend and have not been on the intertron for a few days (other than about 20 minutes the other morning while I was waiting for my turn in the shower). I will do this eventually.

    Women with low voices are sultry.

    Pkmoutl on
    gray.jpg
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Who are Jordyn's favorite villains?

    robosagogo on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hmm...I'll just give a quick answer since I'm at work, and doing other stuff.

    Assuming we're just talking about DCAU, I really liked Ultra-Humanite. Brainiac shows up a lot, but I usually enjoy it. On Batman, I thought Clayface was a great villian.

    Umm, yes.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The Ultra-Humanite is fighting a never-ending war against stupidity. He's really a hero. Why someone that smart decided to wear that outfit on his albino gorilla body I'll never understand.

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    The Ultra-Humanite is fighting a never-ending war against stupidity. He's really a hero. Why someone that smart decided to wear that outfit on his albino gorilla body I'll never understand.
    He's a genius. He doesn't need to impress you.


    I like Killer Frost myself. Sigh, cruel women.

    robosagogo on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Frost's part in Alive! was pretty awesome.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So I was just browsing the Batman Beyond wiki, and I never realized how many cool tie-ins there were between that show and JLU. Cool stuff:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond

    It also links to a Mystery of the Batwoman BTAS movie. I somehow missed this when it came out. Is it any good?

    Hensler on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Mystery of the Batwoman was alright. At the time, I was just happy to see a Batman animated movie in that style after the show itself had ended.

    Incidentally, I've never seen Mask of the Phantasm. But now it's in my Netflix queue.

    robosagogo on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Ok, now someone tell Paul Dini so I can become his best friend.

    O:

    I'll take the case.
    She'll be participating in Dini Family Fun Nights (featuring Risk, the game of world domination) in no time.

    That's no fun with Dinis wife.

    I teg ynamreG

    The Muffin Man on
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Mystery of the Batwoman was alright. At the time, I was just happy to see a Batman animated movie in that style after the show itself had ended.

    Incidentally, I've never seen Mask of the Phantasm. But now it's in my Netflix queue.
    Phantasm was awesome, but I think that Return of the Joker might edge it out a little as the best animated Batman movie. I haven't seen "Mystery of the Batwoman" or that Mr. Freeze movie yet.

    Hmmm... maybe I'll take a trip to Wal-Mart one of these days and watch these. JLU might have epic plots and, in some cases, better writing, but the style and edginess present in Batman: TAS makes it my favorite series in the DCAU continuity. To see some new (to me) material in this style might be really refreshing for me. I just rewatched "Read My Lips" for the umpteenth time tonight, and man, it felt like some kind of much-needed homecoming. I love the art-deco look of that show, and the music is second-to-none. I wish there were more JL episodes that took place in Gotham, but I suppose that the epic nature of the show kinda prevents that from happening.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    The Ultra-Humanite is fighting a never-ending war against stupidity. He's really a hero. Why someone that smart decided to wear that outfit on his albino gorilla body I'll never understand.
    He's a genius. He doesn't need to impress you.


    I like Killer Frost myself. Sigh, cruel women.
    I liked when Ultra-Humanite was destroying all that "modern art" that he hated so much. I actually really enjoyed that holiday episode, even though nothing badass happened. It was really just a fun episode, and a nice break from the usual awesomry.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mikesta wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Mystery of the Batwoman was alright. At the time, I was just happy to see a Batman animated movie in that style after the show itself had ended.

    Incidentally, I've never seen Mask of the Phantasm. But now it's in my Netflix queue.
    Phantasm was awesome, but I think that Return of the Joker might edge it out a little as the best animated Batman movie. I haven't seen "Mystery of the Batwoman" or that Mr. Freeze movie yet.

    Hmmm... maybe I'll take a trip to Wal-Mart one of these days and watch these. JLU might have epic plots and, in some cases, better writing, but the style and edginess present in Batman: TAS makes it my favorite series in the DCAU continuity. To see some new (to me) material in this style might be really refreshing for me. I just rewatched "Read My Lips" for the umpteenth time tonight, and man, it felt like some kind of much-needed homecoming. I love the art-deco look of that show, and the music is second-to-none. I wish there were more JL episodes that took place in Gotham, but I suppose that the epic nature of the show kinda prevents that from happening.

    Mystery of the Batwoman felt really off. Everything from the animation to the colors to even the sound seemed much lower in production quality.

    Lux on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've just recently started watching Justice League, having missed pretty much all of it while it was being produced. I really enjoyed your and Framling's podcast, Jordyn. I've always loved your sense of humor on the boards so all of the joking going on between your and Fram was great. I had no troubles synching it up and I was actually impressed that you two had very few pauses. A lot of the DVD commentaries I listen to for shows will just have spots of dead air and these are the folks who made their lives of the show. So, off the top of my head, I don't have any criticisms to offer. I think it was great and I'd love to hear more.

    Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Mikesta wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    The Ultra-Humanite is fighting a never-ending war against stupidity. He's really a hero. Why someone that smart decided to wear that outfit on his albino gorilla body I'll never understand.
    He's a genius. He doesn't need to impress you.


    I like Killer Frost myself. Sigh, cruel women.
    I liked when Ultra-Humanite was destroying all that "modern art" that he hated so much. I actually really enjoyed that holiday episode, even though nothing badass happened. It was really just a fun episode, and a nice break from the usual awesomry.
    Betraying Luthor for PBS and then blasting it in the cell next door in the Injustice Gang episode was one of the greatest things ever.

    robosagogo on
  • HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn, have you already done commentary for "The Ultimate Thrill" yet? Because it totally deserves your special touch. It is one of my favorite episodes of Batman ever.

    My favorite DCAU villain is either Grodd or Darkseid. They both pull off the evil overlord thing so well; everything they do is done with utter certainty that anyone in their way is going to get royally fucked up.

    Oh God, I get a thousand raging boners every time I watch Darkseid's appearance to Superman in "Father's Day."

    "That is who I am."

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited November 2006
    my all time favorite darkseid moment is the buildup to his appearance in the rock of ages jla arc


    DARKSEID IS

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanks for the comments, guys. We're gonna try to record another one tonight, if I can decide on an episode, so it should be up in the next couple days, for you to enjoy over Thanksgiving.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
Sign In or Register to comment.