Options

Hugs are where its [chat]!

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    *Ugh* Peoples, belts are just so middle-manager. Are you gonna want that TPS report too, you belt-wearers?

what is wrong with you

Ugh, Jesus Christ, are your sarcasto-meters all broken, you fuckers?

Going on and on and offering reasons why you are correct sure is the proper way to deliver sarcasm.

o_O Ok, so my first post where I mention belts with jeans is in response to Stew where I said it was "considered dorky." Then Jacob asked me how jeans are supposed to be held up, and I cite "current fashion." Then I make the sarcastic comment you quoted, and Podly says I'm wrong and I make fun of him for wearing vests. And then I make fun of belt buckles. The only time I'm even talking about belts with jeans seriously was in the first two posts, and even then I was in a neutral stance, proffering a non-personal view. I don't understand why people seem to think I'm all coming to their houses to confiscate their belts.
    You can pry my belt out of my cold dead pants

FREEDOM!!!!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kebert Xela

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Hey guys, mini-H/A thread time. Any idea how I can get a copy of my 2006 tax return? I need it to file my '07 (yes yes I'm very late, thank god for extensions). I had a hard copy at my folks' place and a PDF on my computer, but my comp is toast and the hard copy has somehow been lost ( :x ).

That's a bit difficult to do. You didn't print a hard copy anywhere? For shame :P Do you need it for eFiling purposes or something else?

Satan. on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Feral wrote: »

Yeah, that's where you're gonna need to go to get your head removed from your ass after I'm done with you :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    Hey guys, mini-H/A thread time. Any idea how I can get a copy of my 2006 tax return? I need it to file my '07 (yes yes I'm very late, thank god for extensions). I had a hard copy at my folks' place and a PDF on my computer, but my comp is toast and the hard copy has somehow been lost ( :x ).

That's a bit difficult to do. You didn't print a hard copy anywhere? For shame :P Do you need it for eFiling purposes or something else?

I did have a hard copy. It has vanished from my dad's magic tax filing cabinet.

And, eFiling would be nice, but my main concern is - don't I need to report the money I got back last year as income? I have no idea how much that was.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Irene don't be a cunt and take away the beauty of a snarky sarcastic post-sans-smiley.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well church would do anything for attention. If you put him and Obo in the same room, oh god mental image HORRIBLE MENTAL IMAGE!

What has Oboro done to deserve that?

Uhh just about every post he ever made? Let us not forget this is the person who drank his own urine and posted pics in chat.

That was my favorite night on the internet in a good long while. I came back from the bar I think and just lurked and laughed my ass off.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I did have a hard copy. It has vanished from my dad's magic tax filing cabinet.

And, eFiling would be nice, but my main concern is - don't I need to report the money I got back last year as income? I have no idea how much that was.

No, I don't believe so. I've never had to do that. You sound young enough, are you filing 1040EZs? If so you, definitely don't have to do that. I've used Turbo Tax's free online filing (because I was eligible) for years and I've never seen anything remotely close to having to claim last year's return as income.

Satan. on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MaggievMrTeeny.jpg

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well church would do anything for attention. If you put him and Obo in the same room, oh god mental image HORRIBLE MENTAL IMAGE!

Uhh just about every post he ever made? Let us not forget this is the person who drank his own urine and posted pics in chat.

what

Tav on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    *Ugh* Peoples, belts are just so middle-manager. Are you gonna want that TPS report too, you belt-wearers?

what is wrong with you

Ugh, Jesus Christ, are your sarcasto-meters all broken, you fuckers?

Going on and on and offering reasons why you are correct sure is the proper way to deliver sarcasm.

o_O Ok, so my first post where I mention belts with jeans is in response to Stew where I said it was "considered dorky." Then Jacob asked me how jeans are supposed to be held up, and I cite "current fashion." Then I make the sarcastic comment you quoted, and Podly says I'm wrong and I make fun of him for wearing vests. And then I make fun of belt buckles. The only time I'm even talking about belts with jeans seriously was in the first two posts, and even then I was in a neutral stance, proffering a non-personal view. I don't understand why people seem to think I'm all coming to their houses to confiscate their belts.
    You can pry my belt out of my cold dead pants

Conversations such as these are why it would be damn near impossible for me to accurately ego search, if i ever wanted to.

JPants on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    thread moves too fast for tired eyes

James on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would never want to ego search, it sounds like such a lonely desperate loser thing to do.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That's backpedaling.

Well, you probably just don't know me well enough then. If I were so scared of what people on the internet thought of me that I would backpedal when they started disagreeing with me, I would have done so that time people jumped all over me for only drinking bottled water, or the multiple times I've been told I was a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash, or the multiple times I've been called a snob for liking opera and not various pop groups du jour.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Jacob, if you're talking about your refund on your 2006 return, then no, you don't have to report that in 2007 because that money is money you earned in 2006, the government just held on to it for a while.

You should be fine without the previous years return. I've never managed to keep ahold of my returns for a full year so i never have the previous year's when i do my taxes.

JPants on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's backpedaling.

Well, you probably just don't know me well enough then. If I were so scared of what people on the internet thought of me that I would backpedal when they started disagreeing with me, I would have done so that time people jumped all over me for only drinking bottled water, or the multiple times I've been told I was a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash, or the multiple times I've been called a snob for liking opera and not various pop groups du jour.

You don't like Johnny Cash?

You're a horrible person.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I ego-search several times a day

Just today I caught a charming exchange in which Gim pointed out my lack of social success

I should stop ego-searching

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That's backpedaling.

YOU HATE PIE!

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    That's backpedaling.

YOU HATE PIE!

Oh yeah, that too :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That's backpedaling.

You need to learn what "quit while you're ahead" means.

Satan. on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

what

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    Jacob, if you're talking about your refund on your 2006 return, then no, you don't have to report that in 2007 because that money is money you earned in 2006, the government just held on to it for a while.

You should be fine without the previous years return. I've never managed to keep ahold of my returns for a full year so i never have the previous year's when i do my taxes.

What is wrong with you people

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This is the belt I wear, in black.

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

James on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2008

Ok, cool. I've done mine on H&R Block TaxCut for like six years and have totally forgotten everything I used to know about preparing my own. Does an EZ have room for any deductions? I spent $1500 on tuition last year.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Actually guys Necrophilia doesn't really freak me out.

in fact if you think about it corpses can't give blowjobs so I'm safer.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait, for some reason I thought the topic was belts.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

What is wrong with you people

A) never needed it

2) I move a lot and papers get lost.

This year I e-filed though so I've got PDF's of this years saved in like 4 different spots, as well as in my gmail. I think i'm set if i ever need 'em.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Ok, cool. I've done mine on H&R Block TaxCut for like six years and have totally forgotten everything I used to know about preparing my own. Does an EZ have room for any deductions? I spent $1500 on tuition last year.

File the 1040A then, and there's a seperate form (8356 or something like that) for the HOPE deduction for money spent on tuition.

JPants on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hewlett Packard had a print card.
    EI EIO

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Cool, thanks.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    James wrote: »

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

Gay...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Elks almost took away chat because of that night.

Good times.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Richy wrote: »

what

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'm not sure why exactly Jacob needs his 2006 returns, but I need my previous year's returns every year because I do e-filing, and they ask for that information as part of the verification process. Luckily TurboTax online has all my info, so I don't need to hold on to anything, though I've been trying to keep a printed copy of all my returns so far.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Did your parents claim you as a dependent? If so, you can't claim any education deductions.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'm not sure why exactly Jacob needs his 2006 returns, but I need my previous year's returns every year because I do e-filing, and they ask for that information as part of the verification process. Luckily TurboTax online has all my info, so I don't need to hold on to anything, though I've been trying to keep a printed copy of all my returns so far.

Yep, this is pretty much the only reason most of this forums' demographic needs their previous years' returns. That, and audit processing.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I e-filed with H&R block and they didn't need 2k6 to verify me. I don't recall what they did to verify me though.

JPants on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Elks almost took away chat because of that night.

Good times.

I don't even know if the pictures I saw were real or part of some drunk nightmare.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    James wrote: »

GIWEBBBELTBRASS.jpg

Gay...

Did I mention I got it from the army?

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Did your parents claim you as a dependent? If so, you can't claim any education deductions.

Hahaha, no, I'm 28 and have lived on my own lo these many years. I just keep copies of my returns at my folks' house because I was under the impression they would be safe there, more fool I.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.