Options

Hugs are where its [chat]!

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Guys my roommate picked me up some chicken tenders. They were awesome!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think I'm sick. :(

Tav on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    jeepguy wrote: »
    I said you weren't a horrible person for not liking Johnny Cash! Because country is not for everyone, I only asked that you acknowledge his song writing ability, which transcends genre. But I don't think you actually ever weighed in one way or the other on that particular question.

Haha, Hacks has got the calling me a horrible person part covered for ya ;-) Oh, and Feral too, apparently :P And really, I just don't like his cover of Hurt. I fully admit I am not a connoisseur of Cash, so I don't feel qualified to comment on his song-writing abilities. The snippets of his songs that I heard from that one commercial for his Best Hits CD didn't sound like stuff I would voluntarily listen to, but that's a subjective judgment.

He didn't even write Hurt (as you know) so it's totally irrelevant. If you don't like country, you're not going to be into Johnny Cash. I'm not into any rap music, no matter how "good" it is. He was a great song writer though, lots of his songs have been covered by other people, some of whom may or may not be to your liking.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    And really, I just don't like his cover of Hurt.

I'm calling Kali Ma, because we need somebody to find your heart.

Asians don't have hearts. Because the heart is unreliable and capricious, and thus may lead to impractical decisions. Such actions would surely be detrimental in bringing honor to our families.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

There's no actual way to know where the human heart is; all people are different.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    I went shopping for belts a few days ago.

I concluded that my waist is four inches too thin for the belts at Dressmann. Guess I need to make a new hole when I find a belt.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hey folks here's the story 'bout Minnie the Moocher
    She was a lowdown hoocie coocher
    She was the roughest toughest frail
    But Minnie had a heart as big as a whale
    :whistle:

Tav on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Podly wrote: »

There's no actual way to know where the human heart is; all people are different.
    It's in the chest, Podly.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sing along everyone!

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hey guys, I like country!

!!

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    He didn't even write Hurt (as you know) so it's totally irrelevant. If you don't like country, you're not going to be into Johnny Cash. I'm not into any rap music, no matter how "good" it is. He was a great song writer though, lots of his songs have been covered by other people, some of whom may or may not be to your liking.

Yeah, I really like Reznor's original. It's a very well-written song, in my opinion, I just really didn't like Cash's performance. I mean, apparently there are also sentimental factors at play when people listen to it, because they know stuff about Cash, which I don't.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Echo wrote: »

D:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

If I had that I would make up some incredibly cool story to go with it. Like a freak bowling accident or some shit.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Yeah, I really like Reznor's original. It's a very well-written song, in my opinion, I just really didn't like Cash's performance. I mean, apparently there are also sentimental factors at play when people listen to it, because they know stuff about Cash, which I don't.

Yup. He was dying, and he had a rocky life. For fans the cover was cathartic, and incredibly moving.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

D:

It's a hit with the ladies. :winky:

They discover it and ask what I did and I'm all "Wanna tear my clothes off already eh?"

And then they tear my clothes off.

Echo on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, I saw a symphony the other day.

So many Asian female violinists. What does it feel like to be part of the collective, Irene?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

D:

It's a hit with the ladies. :winky:

They discover it and ask what I did and I'm all "Wanna tear my clothes off already eh?"

And then they tear my clothes off.

Some fellow with this was in my school's shadow performance of RHPS. Naturally he didn't have a shirt on the whole time.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To be honest I hate country but really like Johnny Cash, especially his cover of Hurt. I'm also Asian.

What I'm saying is, there's just something inherently wrong with Irene.

Hilger on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Country is the only universally bad genre.
    Except Johnny Cash

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hilger wrote: »
    To be honest I hate country but really like Johnny Cash, especially his cover of Hurt. I'm also Asian.

She hates pie. We already knew there was something wrong.

No I won't drop this. I can't have pie, and it disgusts me that other people can have it but don't want to.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Country is the only universally bad genre.
    Except Johnny Cash

Check the above youtube link.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why can't you have pie?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Pie is a mediocre treat that wishes it was cake.

Fight the good fight, Irene.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Pie is pretty fucking good.

It's the crust that makes it.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Cake is superior to pie, yes.

Doesn't mean one should hate pie though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Why can't you have pie?

Blood sugar and all that jazz. I'm not diabetic, but doctors say that because of some factors that I should eat a diabetic diet or run a very high risk of getting diabetes later on in life (Like when I'm 20).

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm putting my lot in with the pie > cake crowd.

Pretty much just on the basis of pumpkin pie > everything.

Hilger on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tav wrote: »

She hates pie. We already knew there was something wrong.

No I won't drop this. I can't have pie, and it disgusts me that other people can have it but don't want to.

I like pumpkin pie, and the occasional apple pie if it's not too sugary, but that's it.

Why can't you have pie? Allergic to eggs or something?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why can't you have pie?

Blood sugar and all that jazz. I'm not diabetic, but doctors say that because of some factors that I should eat a diabetic diet or run a very high risk of getting diabetes later on in life (Like when I'm 20).

Pumpkin pie isn't that sugary, I bet you could have a small slice every now and then if you want. I mean, your body can't live without some form of sugar, so it's not like you can't have any carbs at all, right?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why can't you have pie?

I'm sure it's possible to find some sort of sugar substitute or something.

I mean ten seconds on google searching for "diabetic pie" got me this:

http://www.recipe-rack.com/Diabetic-Pie-Recipes-Index.html

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I agree that pumpkin pie is great, but creme brulee is my favorite desert. Curry is the best food, though. I mean Indian-style curry. Though Thai green curry runs a very close second.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why can't you have pie?

Pumpkin pie isn't that sugary, I bet you could have a small slice every now and then if you want. I mean, your body can't live without some form of sugar, so it's not like you can't have any carbs at all, right?

I can have natural sugar (So, I can eat any fruit bar avocados and more then one banana a day) or anything which has 10g of sugar per 100g. So basically, I can't have cakes, biscuits, most chocolate, most sweets, ice cream (Bar one type, which is nice but really expensive as ice cream goes) and pretty much anything else which is sugary. I can eat crisps (Chips to you Americans) but they cause my skin to break out, so I'm limited to a pack or two a week of low fat ones.

Tav on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had an apple pie for a birthday cake one year.

It was delicious.

Greeper on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So when a girls friends are being retarded and over protective, I'm allowed to tell her that they're being idiots, right?

VishNub on
  • Options
    JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    a la mode that shit for real
    ps hi chat

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    VishNub wrote: »
    So when a girls friends are being retarded and over protective, I'm allowed to tell her that they're being idiots, right?

"Unreasonable" is probably a better choice of words.

Because she'll probaby tell them what you said, and "idiots" isn't going to win you any favors.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I agree that pumpkin pie is great, but creme brulee is my favorite desert. Curry is the best food, though. I mean Indian-style curry. Though Thai green curry runs a very close second.
    I hate curry. There's something about my wiring which makes it so that I completely and utterly cannot handle spicy foods, let alone epic curry-levels of spiciness.

If we're going with best foods, I gotta say I fucking love dim sum. This is coming from someone who was born in America, doesn't speak his native language (Chinese) and eats at a lot of good restaurants (I was at TAPS three days ago, ya boayyy). Dim sum is awesome.

Hilger on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    VishNub wrote: »

Sure.

Hopefully she will tell them to bugger off a bit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My gift to chat.

cobain.jpg

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.